When you call, mention priority code 1572-383H

Rating and Reviews: TC-Helicon Harmony-G XT

Add harmonies to your vocal with the TC-Helicon VoiceTone Harmony-G XT. This vocal effects box tracks your guitar input, so it's always on the right chord.

Overall

"You must try this product. Every performer seems to lack that one "thing". This is it. As soon as you stomp that switch, things" submitted July 7, 2011

Music Style: Americana
Sound: Unreal. I've been performing live (acoustic/vocals) for over 30 years and have yet to use a product so impressive. You take it out of the box, plug it in, and you have perfect backup vocals. Easy to adjust, Sturdy road-worthy construction, and various settings for different harmony styles. The sound is completely natural and harmony levels are adjustable. If you're missing that "something" in your performance, chances are, this is it. Feature: Quality inputs/outputs, USB for PC storage of settings. Ease of Use: Just plug it in & go. No experience necessary. Quality: Very heavy. Should last for years on the road or studio. Even the labels are perfectly applied! Value: Well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: No problems so far. The Wow Factor: Designed for ease of use and adjustment in live situations. Overall: This will be part of my arsenal for years to come.

"Wish I Had This Years Ago" submitted March 21, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Folk, Oldies
Sound: This vocal processor is the best purchase I have made in a long time. The sound is amazing! Not only are the harmonies very realistic and life-like, but the effects are studio quality and mixed perfectly for my vocal style. Feature: The features of this unit are all a guitarist/singer need for enhancing their performance, especially in a solo or duo type of act. Even without a guitar plugged into it, you can use it to double your vocals and just add colour to the overall sound. It even has a decent guitar tuner that is activated via a foot-switch. Ease of Use: The product is very intuitive compared to others on the market. Within the first 10 minutes I was able to connect my microphone and guitar into it and test out the one and two-part harmonies. The foot switches are also very responive and easy to switch back and forth between harmony settings and solo voice. Quality: The unit was perfect out of the box and is well-made. The metal casing is very sturdy and will hold up well on the road for stage performaces. I don't believe I will need to worry about any malfunction of this box however I have only used it for one month so time will tell. Value: The unit is priced competitively with other brands and models on the market. Considering the features, quality, sound, and ease-of-use, this product is well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to call for support since the product was in perfect working order and lives up to the specs. The Wow Factor: The sex appeal of this product is the way it enhances your vocals and makes your singing sound incredible. Once you use it you will see and hear what I'm talking about. Overall: This product should last my lifetime, and I don't expect to need any other. It provides exactly the sound I need with incredible ease of use.

"Almost as good as live backup singers, plenty good for me..." submitted November 1, 2011

By a customer from fanningflames.com
Music Style: southern rock/country
Sound: I use a Shure Beta87A and a Martin D-28 with an LRBaggs under saddle pickup. Using the Tone button, I find the output through the Helicon a bit more brassy than if I just go directly to an amp. However, it's easily handled with an equalizer. The quality of the effects is very good, especially since the effects aren't too heavy (you only need a little reverb, for example). The vocal harmonies are very realistic, singing off key when I sing off key (lol). I've used it in one performance since getting it and found it added the right amount of depth without sounding fake. It's the perfect vocal supplement, giving you good control over harmonies (just need some, not something to drown you out). Feature: Feature-rich box, allowing for a variety of configurations. In a gig setting, I played my guitar "through" the box into a separate channel on the board. Likewise, I ran a dual vocal setup, which pushed my vocal harmonies into a separate channel to be managed on the board. Ease of Use: very easy to configure and use, just takes practice kicking in the harmonies at the right points of the song. Quality: nice, steel box with durable switches. I doubt it will fail anytime soon. Value: It's a very high value product. You wouldn't expect such rich tones from a $200 box. You could spend a lot more to get a higher grade vocal effects setup, but for a small time gigging guitarist that likes to sing, this does the trick. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed support The Wow Factor: Finding good harmony vocals is hard to do, this solves that problem. Overall: Intend to use this constantly. It improves my singing (I have to sing on key to get quality harmony) and it improves my guitar as well (can't bang around, need to play chords appropriately for proper harmony vocals). Great training tool that sounds good at a gig as well.

"Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!" submitted January 15, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist for over 40 years
Music Style: Rock, Blues and Country
Sound: I own it and I love it, I can't sing for Sh-- ! but now I can have alot more fun signing with this machine. You can double you voice or have a full on 3 part harmony. It works great and sounds awsome. I do home recording and now I am complete. Try it, have fun with it. Just plug your guitar in and mike in, then mike cord out to recorder or amp and sign your hart out. It makes back up singing sound really nice. I've got "Wicked Game" and "Last Dance with Mary Jane" done pretty good. Have fun! P.S. I've been playing guitar for 40 Years! Ease of Use: It is very easy. Basicly just plug in and start signing. Really simple to set up and use. Quality: Solid metal box. I can see it lasting for many years. This one was done right! Value: I feel it is well worth the price. I paid $249.00 at guitar center. Manufacturer Support: Not needed The Wow Factor: As for the sex appeal of this product, come on, thats why we have girls in our life. Overall: I dont feel that I need to keep looking for a better product.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Device WHen Used Properly - Wouldn't Go On Without It !!" submitted December 7, 2011

Musical Background: 40+ years - guitar - keyboard - vocal
Music Style: classic rock ballads
Sound: Sounds great - a great addition to any solo act. I consider this my "back-up singers in a box". I use this in every song only where back-up vocals would be appropriate. Do not over use it. A couple tips (if you don't need the pitch correction feature for your lead vocal) - I actually use two mics spaced about 7" apart so I can switch seamlessly from lead vocal to back-up vocal in faster paced situations. Lead mic goes straight into my mixer and back-up vocals through this box. Keep your guitar in tune to keep the harmony true. Interestingly, if I get a little hoarse or "frog in my throat" the box does sometimes pick it up as multiple sounds and can throw the harmony sound off - best results with a clear voice. Feature: The best feature is the ability to edit presets and dial-in the sound you are looking for. Once I established my own preset settings, I can do an entire show using one or two presets. 99% of the time I am using my first preset - occaisionally, switching to my second preset for a few songs. I prefer to play my acoutic guitar straight thru this box without using these effects for my guitar. Ease of Use: As inidcated, the way I use this device (using two mics) I rarely even hit any of the switches. Established my two preset settings initially and never need to change them. Using two mics allows me to keep my preset #1 on for 99% of my songs and use the mic straight into the mixer for lead vocal, and the mic into this box for back-up. Quality: This box is solid ! Since my style allows me to "set it and forget it" (sounds like an infomercial) - I am not constantly "stomping" this box - I figure it will last forever. Value: For me, this completely changed the way I play and perform. As a solo act, I now have the confidence of being on satge with back-up singers (even if they are my back-up singers in a box). it has added depth to my performance and allowed me to venture into songs that I would not have tried before without back-up singers/harmony. So at any price, the value is great for me. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to contact them - but the weekly emails with voice "coach" information and the software that supports this product are great. I do not have the feeling I'm out there alone with this product - I am continually getting emails from the company with tips and tricks & I find them very helpful - I receive the Monday Voice Motivator from the company as well as their Friday's Favorites email which make you feel very connected to when using this product - filled with tips, trick, demos, new product info, etc. Company website and software allow you to keep the device updated with the most current firmware. The Wow Factor: No matter how good your voice is, it doesn't hurt to add a little variety to some of your songs by adding a splash of harmony here and there. Overall: Overall, I wouldn't perform without it any more. I would definitley replace it, matter of fact, the reason I'm on this website today looking at the device ai already own is to purchase a back-up. I always carry back-up guitars, mics and other equipment but do not have one for this device. Since it will only be a back-up, I wouldn;t be opposed to purchasing a blemished device. for me, this device sits on the floor anyway - no one is looking down there.

"TC-Helicon Voice Tone Harmony-G XT Pedal" submitted October 29, 2013

By FRANK S in CAVE JUNCTION, OR
Overall
Music Style: Professional Musician for over 50 years. Acoustic Rock, Funk, Jazz, Contemporary Christian. I have played guitar, percussion, an
Overall: Right out of the box the TC-Helicon Voice Tone Harmony-G XT Pedal is all that people have raved about! Well made, great presets, incredible sound. I am an old school drummer / singer who has been reignited musically, because it has given me more than my bang for the buck. The tone and effects are right on the money and the value does not stop there. The very first gig was filled with regulars as well as many of our bands current following. They were very familiar with our songs and were blown away when this acoustic rock duo came out singing 6 part harmonies to their old favorites. Yes, I said 6 PART HARMONIES! I Bought two of the pedals and chained them together for a huge background ensemble. We will be making a video to show just how we do it. This is only the first two weeks working with the units and they are very easy to operate. From a little band that now sounds monstrous, “Guppy” thanks you!

"So far, it's a very nice product for live vocals." submitted January 3, 2012

Overall
Musical Background: Intermediate player at home.
Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: So far I've only used the preset configurations, and they have all sounded great. The harmonies sound great. And its easy to adjust the voices both up or down to the sound that you like. Feature: So far I've only used the preset configurations. But just these 5 setups cover a wide range of sounds. Ease of Use: Up and running within 5 minutes. Quality: Seems to be well made. So far so good. Value: Yes. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed to contact the company that made the product. The Wow Factor: If you are singing solo, the harmonies make for good enhancement of the vocals. Overall: Yes I would replace it.

"Great pedal and tool" submitted November 7, 2013

By Jimmy Traylor in Douglasville, GA
Musical Background: I play bass for about 4 years and gig 2-3 times a month
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: I'm very pleased with my Harmony-G XT pedal. I play bass and mainly do backup vocals so this helps so much.The tuner takes a little bit to get use to and on low E and lower really has a hard time locking in, but above that and guitar it works well.

"This vocal harmonizer is a great! Worth the money!" submitted December 20, 2010

Music Style: 80's rock cover tunes
Sound: The sound quality of this product is awesome!It was very easy to preset my own harmony settings.(it is not complicated)It is small and compact,it fits right in my gig bag.It is a bit bigger than a guitar effects pedal.You can select the pre set harmony before the song,and then just push the foot pedal when you want the harmony to come in.What an incredible tool! It has improved the vocals in our band imensly! Thank you ZZ sounds!...Dave of Washington State Feature: Comes with easy to read manual and ac adaptor so you don't have to buy batteries. Ease of Use: Very easy to use! Quality: It is made very well. Definately not cheesy! Value: Definately worth the money! Manufacturer Support: They shipped it imediately! I was very impressed with the contact procedures they had...ie...email with order number,tracking number. The Wow Factor: Definately adds to the fullness of our vocals in our band! Overall: I will use this product at every gig. It is an invaluable piece of music equipment that I can't do without!

"Love this little box!" submitted July 7, 2014

By Deb M in LEXINGTON, SC
Overall
Musical Background: sing and play with a ukulele band, play guitar over 50 years.
Music Style: oldies, Gospel, Hawaiian, blues, jazz
Overall: This is a great product with just enough options to create nice variety in one's vocal performance. I am still learning all it can do. It works great with the uke also. It is nice to have the option of having the vocals follow the instrument or to set it to a specific key. I highly recommend it.

"EASY TO USE. EXCELLENT VOICES." submitted June 26, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Contry, Blues
Sound: I think I have tried all the vocal harmonizers. They all have some good points. But this one I like a lot. One the simplicity of operation and most important the sound quality. I have had the early model for a few years. I play in a country blues band and also play solo a lot. I find the harmony's are more effective if you don't over use them. I've heard some players leave it on the whole song. It gets old fast. I set the harmony level at about 10:00. Kick it on for a few words or for the chorus. By the time people realize something just happened its gone. But it is total fun doing CSN, or Alabama type songs with also. When I first got the unit I stayed up several nights till 4 AM doing songs I never thought of doing. I sometimes play with a girl singer. It makes her sound like a studio singer from Nashville. The Allison Krauss song Down To The River is a total trip on this thing. Feature: Comes with a power supply. Two nice features. You can just plug your guitar into it and the mic out into an amp or PA and it will mix your guitar and voice for you or you can dial up more guitar also. I like best doing the bypass where you line out the guitar separate to the amp or PA and the vocal mic out separate. Ease of Use: I like to have two settings for most stuff. A: just doubling and the other B: with a voice above and below for harmonys. And the third with nothing. There is a little learning curve but not much.

"Great Product" submitted February 3, 2012

By Jay H in Auburn, WA
Musical Background: Musician for thirty years
Music Style: acoustic
Overall: This is great for occasional harmonies and harmonies that are kept a bit lower then your lead vocal. My Guitar sounds great going through this also. Some of the harmony settings work great with my voice and I think anyone could find a setting that would work with a few songs or parts in songs to fill up the vocals. Overall I am pleased with the unit.

"Great Product for Vocals" submitted January 15, 2010

By a customer from smt-net.com
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Country
Sound: Good quality product. Built tough. I am not a pro singer but it sure helped me out. Made my singing sound way better. Good FX and pretty good harmony mix. I listened to many of the other processors and this one sounded more human like. I don't need any back up singers now. You should be happy with buying this unit. It also has several great reverb choices to help you out. I would buy it again. Manufacturer Support: No experience with this yet

"A great addition, live or otherwise. this unit gives the finishing touch to any musical performance. any duo can be the "eagles"" submitted November 22, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 43 years.
Music Style: rock, country, christian, blues
Sound: the only problem I have is the mixing switch bleeds too much of my keyboard sound to the p.a. turning it counter clockwise starts to dampen the sound, but at the end of the travel, it's full on. except for this, it's one of the biggest additions I've ever purchased. wow! Feature: The harmonies are right on, and instant. the built in effects are so good, I've turned off the effects on the P.A. The vocal doubler is just the ticket for me when I sing solo. Ease of Use: The learning curve is a little painful as the on/off and a/b switches are too close together. I use a keyboard and I can't see the unit when I'm p[laying. When I go to switch harmonies, I sometime accidentally turn off the harmony effect. Quality: it seems to be rock solid. it's heavy and well built. Value: it's pricey for a single effect, but it really delivers. I do a duo and a single, and it's a game changer. I even use it with my five piece band. it's so realistic that the other players have to pretend they are singing. "it's big time addition" Manufacturer Support: I had a little trouble with the web site from Helicon. I found out lots of product info, but no venue to get in touch with them directly. I just couldn't find the right spot on the site. I'm old, it might have been my fault. The Wow Factor: I don't know who designed the box this unit came in, but it is the best packaged product in the world. It's amazing how this product is logically boxed. Everything is accessible and returnable to the box. The instructions are "crap". Overall: I would replace it with a better model. (depending on the price) this unit doesn't offer 4ths.

"Transforming product" submitted March 15, 2012

By I G in Cathedral City, CA
Musical Background: 25 years in music/A.Guitar/Keys/drums
Music Style: Christian/jazz/pop/gospel
Overall: I purchase this unit, to smoothen my voice and at the same time give some color in my guitar and it does the job well done. I would say, I dont have an A+++ voice but this thing makes it to the top. It's very easy to use, user friendly. I use it alot in whenever I perform and it does makes a huge difference than having none. The harmony is fantastic, double voice is very original. I would say...this product is well worth it! If your genre is rock better not have it. It will do the job but not.I got it for $189(seen it less).

"This little box is unbelieveable. Once you've used one you can not function without one." submitted October 20, 2011

Musical Background: Active Musican
Music Style: Standards country Jazz old rock
Sound: Its awesome, makes Me sound like a trio. Feature: Its unbelievable what that little box can do.

"Mechanical Backup Singers" submitted October 19, 2012

By Rand R in Aptos, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar and singing professionally for 50 years..
Music Style: Blues
Overall: I bought the unit to use on solo gigs on a few songs for some added texture. Unfortunately, no matter which harmony settings I select, the harmony voices sound metallic and more annoying than anything else. It's like adding tin squirrel backup singers in the hi registers and some sort of aliens in the low registers.

"The TC Halicon XT will change your life!" submitted July 3, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: active musician for church
Music Style: Deal in ALL styles of rhythms. Contemporary Christian base.
Sound: The replication of sound is excellent and and amazing. Typically, some combinations are better than others, but generally well worth the price. Feature: It was easy to install. Ease of Use: It. Is easy to use. But, as usual, the instructions are skimpy. For example, one would think that ONLY guitar can be used with the TC, but I put my keyboard through it. If course what I only want is the voice replication. Quality: Kind of strange that there is no "on and off" button. It comes on by plugging it in? Value: Excellent price. The best thing I have bought in years. This product changed my sound so much that I am embarrassed by the previous output. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to, thank God. The Wow Factor: It is practical. This is a stupid question. It is not a woman, it is a musical assessory. Overall: The day this breaks, is the day I order another. I will not record CD's without it.

"TC helicon Harmoney-G XT" submitted January 17, 2012

By Terry S in Chesterton, IN
Musical Background: Guitar/vocals 40 years-weekend gigs
Music Style: Rock, Soul, Blues
Overall: The Harmony-G XT works Great, has natural sounding harmonies and is not too difficult to setup. I am using the G XT in a band setting and the gate seems to work really well, preventing my guitar amp and other sounds from bleeding through and confusing the harmonizer. We are a three-piece band and the high harmonies fill things in nicely. Just remember its an effect, a little goes a long way. We have had several complements already and we have only used the unit on one gig. My big concern, before I purchased the unit was that my wireless signal would be too strong for the G XT. I emailed support and they answered me the next day! Support said there would be no problem and so far so good. My only small complaint is the preset button size and location. This is a stomp box and the preset button is hard to access with your foot. It would be nice to be able to cycle thru the presets a little easier. So far I would say the pedal is well constructed, has very nice sounding harmonies and is not too difficult to program. There are many videos on you tube about the pedal as well. Make sure you use the on-board tuner and sing on key and the Harmony-G XT will add to you vocal performance. Firmware updates are also available from the Internet and USB connection. The first pedal I received had a sticky foot switch. I called for a RMA and was treated with fast, courteous service. A new pedal arrived a few days later. It is always a pleasure dealing with Zzound

When you call, mention priority code 1572-383H. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976