When you call, mention priority code 20D-Y6LM

Rating and Reviews: Taylor T5z Classic

The T5z retains the T5's brilliant three-pickup configuration but adds jumbo frets and a smaller fretboard radius for faster, more solo-friendly playing.

"Taylor T5z Classic Electric Guitar " submitted February 1, 2015

By Todd T in Anaconda, MT
Overall
Musical Background: Player for 40 years. Amatuer.
Music Style: Play mainly string/bluegrass, folk, blues, and rock.
Overall: The T5z is a lightweight electric hybrid guitar the emulates the sounds of both and acoustic and electric guitar. The neck is an electric neck with heavy frets. This makes playing easy for electric and acoustic style. Acoustic style: The guitar plays well plugged into an amp and can be played without, but not so that you would want to play it over a regular acoustic. It does have the electric neck which makes bending and playing easier though. The sound is good enough for practice but you could not play un-amplified. Electric: You can pretty much do what you want in terms of electric style. It has nice sound and the pickups work for different degrees of pickup activation in five settings. For an overall guitar to play it is not a bad option and can do what you want it to do. If you were playing hard rock I would go with a fender, reverend, etc. I play a bit of everything so it works for me and I am satisfied. I think the higher priced taylors in the version are probably nicer looking, but in terms of playability they are the same. It would come down to springing the dollars for the higher grades. It does not come with a hardshell case and in a dry climate you would probably want a hardshell for humidity consistency. The tuners go out of tune (especially on the g string) a bit easier that my other guitars. I own Martins, Blueridge, Wechter, Tacoma and Aria instruments. This is the first Taylor and it is a nice guitar. I think it may be a bit high priced for this version. Taylor has the market on the hybrid electric and like Martin can hold the price on their terms.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"The Best I've ever owned" submitted June 15, 2015

By Ray G in Tampa, FL
Musical Background: Play at home only for many, many years
Music Style: Christian, Country Rock, Rock
Overall: This is my first Taylor and will not be my last. I'm super impressed with the different sounds I can generate with the settings. Crisp & clean to to Heavy. This guitar does it all and oh yeah, its a great acoustic as well. This is everything advertised and more. I recommend it without reservation.

"WOW! Great guitar" submitted March 2, 2016

By John M in Yreka, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I played pro for 40 years. I am now retired and jamming at home.
Music Style: country, country blues, worship, ragtime and classic rock.
Overall: This will be my last guitar purchase. This guitar can do everything I want it to do and then some. I have had a lot of guitars over the years, but this one is my "ultimate go to". Thanks to zZounds with their play as you pay plan for making it possible for me to get this.

When you call, mention priority code 20D-Y6LM. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976