When you call, mention priority code 16JY-YWL9

Rating and Reviews: Taylor T5X Classic

Merge the best in Taylor construction with cutting-edge electronics in the T5X Classic. Outstanding wood selection highlights this unique instrument.

"The Master of ALL Trades!" submitted August 27, 2012

By Michael Howell in Enid, MS
Overall
Musical Background: I play guitar, bass, drums, & keyboard. I play in a live contemporary praise & worship band and for a southern gospel quartet.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian, Praise & Worship, Southern Gospel
Overall: Some people say you can be a 'Jack-of-all-trades' but then you'll be the 'Master of none'. Well this guitar proves that statement to be absolutely false. The Taylor T-5 proves you do NOT have to give up quality in any area in order to gain versatility. I enjoy being able to get so many distinct quality sounds from one guitar during a live performance or while I'm just jamming. This is an awesome guitar for any price.

"A Beautiful Guitar but it takes some patience" submitted May 13, 2012

By Michael W in Saint George, ME
Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: Contemporary Christian and Worship
Overall: When I first received the Taylor I was less than impressed by the acoustic sound. I came very close to returning it but lo and behold it just took getting used to to get an awesome sound. I recommend an ABY switching box (I use the Tonebone Twin City) and a good acoustic preamp (BBE Acoustimax). You really need to be able to tweak the mids for a good acoustic tone. I also replaced the standard Elixir electric strings with DR Zebra Medium acoustic electric strings and wow, what a difference. I also needed to spring for a $125 professional setup to get the neck adjusted but guitar plays perfect now. Add in the SKB 35 Semi Hollow hard case which fits the T5 like a glove and you are in business. Was not really comfortable hauling around a $1500 guitar in a soft case, although the Taylor soft case is nice.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Five Stars for the T-5" submitted September 24, 2013

By Gerard M in Palm Springs, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar since the night I first saw the Beatles on Sullivan.
Music Style: Folk, classic rock, blues, instrumental rock
Overall: It's tempting to look at the T-5 like you would a modeling guitar, a computerized reproduction of classic models mixed into a single guitar. But that's not what the T-5 does, it is a uniquely designed instrument with three Taylor designed pickups that offer a wide variety of tones that make it one of the most versatile electric guitars ever made. Don't get hung up with trying to make it sound like something else. Explore the settings and you'll find all kinds of tones, some familiar and some you never knew existed. This guitar will allow you to create your own sound.

"T5-Taylor finally has it right" submitted May 10, 2013

By Peter Naughton in Neptune City , NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally for 36 years. I like to use open tunings if there is another guitarist on stage.
Music Style: I play mostly Rock, Folk Rock , Some Blues. I play quite a bit of Dead because coming up as a kid it was the easiest way to fill
Overall: I own many Taylors and usually carry at least 5 to the average gig unless its a fly in. When Taylor came out with this hybrid a few years back I wanted to wait a while until all the common and known issues were taken care of. Having thought I gave them enough time I purchased one about a month ago. It is now my A guitar and the only one I need to bring to gigs anymore. The Acoustic tones on this guitar are beautiful and more than fine for a solo gig. The electric tones are simply amazing. Ive been working with it five or six hours every day and am still finding new and very useful tones. You should invest in a good amp set up. I'm using a Riviera 55 combo channel one is for acoustic and engages the tweeter two is electric. You need an ABY switch but you can move effortlessly from acoustic to hollow body Gibson to strat etc. On the dirty channels this thing is all electric and doesn't feed back. It is also a stunningly beautiful guitar. I went with the standard because I really liked the satin finish and natural colored top. It is perfectly balanced so wearing it and playing it is very comfortable and light. I am going to buy the 12 string version of this and keep the other guitars at home except for large long gigs, recording etc. This well be my main stage guitar for a long time.I would also add that it is considerably easier on the hands and fingers than regular acoustic guitars. This uses .11 electric strings. Normally I use .13 Acoustic strings so you can see how much easier this is on the hands. The only problem and it is not uncommon was that it needed a set up and the frets needed dressing and major cleaning. I know they just like to set them up for safe shipping but the condition of the frets was horrible for a guitar in that price range. However I feel like I got an very high end guitar for a fairly low end price so I didn't mind the $145 set up and fret dressing. If you're on the fence about this guitar don't be. I found it to be everything they claimed and more so jump in and buy it. I can't put it down.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 16JY-YWL9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976