When you call, mention priority code 1449-LQR6

Rating and Reviews: Taylor T5 Custom Koa

Loaded with two humbuckers and a body sensor, this hybrid acoustic/electric Taylor delivers a huge tonal range. Its Hawaiian Koa top adds visual flair.

"taylor T5 Koa literally a trip to the islands" submitted December 5, 2005

By a customer from mac.com
Music Style: rock, Alternative, jazz and some childrens stuff
Sound: great tone and incredible flexibility I play this throa a taylor K4 preamp and a Bose sytem and it's incredible it takes the place of three guitars and plays with an electrics feel and a accoustic warmth Feature: the five way switch and the incredibly responsive tone knobs give me all the unique sounds I could ask for gives me all the flexibility Quality: vert well done and solid has a typical Taylor feel I imagine it will still be playing when I'm dead and gone Value: yea it's worth the price but the rarity still keeps the price high and thta's probably intentional it's not like Bob is making each one by hand. it costs about what a week in Hawaii would cost and it comes home with me Manufacturer Support: who knows the guitars are so well made and perform so well I've never even tried to call them The Wow Factor: great guitar like I said best stage appeal in the guitar lineup today and plays so well can't be beat Overall: the best actually liked it so much I did buy a second one in black to practice on and haul around with me saving the koa for performing and studio only.

"Years of planning equals 5 Star quality guitar!" submitted October 4, 2006

By a customer from sympatico.ca
Music Style: Rock, Country, Pop
Sound: Wow! Bye Bye Gibson ES 335 and Fender Tele~ This baby does it all! Mine is a T5 C1 Maple Top Tobacco Sunburst! Feature: Imagine the possibilities! I use a Marshall electric amp and a Behringer Accoustic amp which combined with the 5 pick-up settings results in a wide array of sounds. Ease of Use: Typical Taylor! Best action in the business. Quality: Well built, and will last a lifetime with the usual TLC attributed to an instrument such as this. Value: Priceey yes... but quality workmanship always is. Manufacturer Support: No need for it yet. I also own a 514-CE (Walnut) The Wow Factor: One word "SWEET" Overall: Lifetime of use and then some.

"Brilliantly crafted guitar" submitted June 16, 2006

Overall
Sound: Fantastic amplified acoustic tones and rich electric sounds due to versatile selector switch and very responsive treble/bass/volume controls. I'm playing through an old Roland DX50 amp at the moment (not acoustic) and the sounds are great, although I will be researching acoustic amps in the near future to analyze the sound differences. Great for fast fingerwork or strumming. Feature: Responsive controls to control piezo and humbucker pickups. Two strap studs on base for some reason. Ease of Use: Very easy to pick up and play. Beautiful fretboard with low action though my only slight niggle would be that both top and bottom e-strings are slightly too close to the edge of the fretboard and can occasionally slip over when the guitar is played in a more aggressive manner. CD with 2 Taylor guys explaining the main features is very useful but there are so many sound variations and combinations that there will be something to suit everyone. Quality: Beatiful quality and finish. Lovely koa pattern which will make each guitar unique. Totally professional fretboard and inlay finishing and solid lacquering. Good machine heads which hold the guitar in tune. Access panel at back is a bit crude and plastic, but you don't see it and it is functional. White trim along neck and f-holes is spot on. Value: Expensive but great value. It not only plays great but is also a work of art and a great investment. Manufacturer Support: Not needed The Wow Factor: I wanted a standard T5 to try and save some money but the dealer put the custom koa into my hands (smart move) and that was it. I found the extra money and haven't looked back. I would not pay this much for something that looked fantastic but didn't play well. The T5 delivers on both fronts and even non-guitarists drop their jaw at it. Overall: This is the best (and most expensive) guitar I own. I intend to keep this to hand on to my son as an example of a brilliantly crafted guitar.

"I want to play this guitar forever." submitted June 6, 2013

Overall
Overall: I've been borrowing this guitar from my dad for several months now, but my birthday is coming up and he says that I'm getting a guitar of my own then, like it or not. Not that I'm not happy about that, but oh my heart breaks that I won't have this one anymore.

"AWSOME!" submitted October 24, 2005

Overall
Sound: Guys the sound on this baby is truly amazing. When i first played this it made my mouth drop. I do advise not for beginners to get this unless you are willing to stick to this hobby (trust me). Feature: WITH A CASE! nice Overall: all mighty guitar

""THIS INSTUMENT WAS MADE JUST FOR ME"" submitted August 4, 2005

Musical Background: semi-pro-active
Music Style: blue grass-cowboy -some 60's acoustic music
Sound: THE SOUND THE T5 GETS IS VERY UNIQUE FOR ONE GUITAR. I CHANGE STYLES OF MUSIC AND PICKING OFTEN, THE T5 IS CAPABLE OF ALL. I PLAY WITH A CALIFORNIA BLOND AND ROLAND AC-100. ALSO A FENDER BLUES DEVILLE. T5 PLAYS GREAT THROUGH ALL 3. Feature: I HAVE THE T5 C2 KOA. THE WOOD IS INCEDIBLE SOUNDING. IT ALSO IS LIGHTER IN COLOR THAN THE PICTURES SHOW. STUNNING WOOD GRAINS. MATCHED AND OUSTANDING CONTRAST. THE GOLD HARDWARE ALSO IS ACCENTED BY THE KOA. Quality: QUALITY AND TASYLOR GUITARS ARE SYNONAMOUS. Value: AS WAS SAID EARLIER, QUALITY. Manufacturer Support: I HAVE BEEN TO THE TAYLOR FACTORY A COUBLE OF TIMES. IF YOU PLAY A GUITAR YOU FEEL AT HOME. EVERY ONE THERE IS SO FRIENDLY AND WILLING TO BE OF ASSISTANCE. YOU CAN ALSO HAVE HAVE A GUIDED TOUR THAT IS FUN. The Wow Factor: THIS INSTRUMENT WAS MADE JUST FOR ME! (THAT IS HOW I FEEL) Overall: There will never be a need for me to purchase another guitar!

When you call, mention priority code 1449-LQR6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976