When you call, mention priority code 161V-61G9

Rating and Reviews: Taylor BT1 Baby Taylor

Get big sound from a 3/4-size guitar with the Baby Taylor. With its solid Sitka spruce top, the BT1 is one of the most popular small-sized acoustics around.

"Baby Taylor Guitar" submitted November 21, 2012

By Gary Lawrence in Duluth, GA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar picker over 40 years.
Music Style: Blues Rock.
Overall: Great little guitar. Big sound for such a small body. Perfect fit and finish. Sounds as loud as some full size guitars. You will be satisfied with this guitar.

"Baby Taylor" submitted March 1, 2013

By John A in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Professional Guitarist
Music Style: Folk Jazz Blues Pop..
Overall: As much as I do nto like to slam any guitar maker And in as much as I have enjoyed playing my baby Taylor. In all my years of playing and owning dozens of guitars I have had only one guitar, my Baby Taylor which repeatedly came apart. The first time body came apart from the sides. Taylor determined it was a defect it was insufficiently glued and not user issue. Hey replaced the body. The next Baby Taylor’s top came apart at the glue seam from the bridge to the back of the guitar. Upon examining it I realized that it was not properly glued there was almost no glue in the seam. Taylor determined that the guitar was not kept in a room with at least 40% humidity and told me the issue was low humidity. I tried to explain that it is stored in a humidified house with multiple other instruments some from the 1920s on to recent and multiple brands and the only guitar affected was the Taylor.This is a travel guitar which is not travel worthy the intonation on the three models I owned was never great but I liked the convenience and tone. My problem with this guitar is that seems to fall apart. Do yourself a favor, buy a Yamaha, Ibanez, Martin or another guitar which is made better and has acustomer friendly warranty department.
10 of 13 people (76.92%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fun.. Then it had body problems" submitted February 2, 2014

By J S in Valley stream, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Play for 42 years. There are 14 guitars in this house, less the Taylor which is Still in the shop!
Overall: The guitar was fun to play, but within 2months the back laminate started to separate. If it was related to a humidity problem... I will have to say that I own a dozen Other guitars and never had a problem... At first Taylor was really helpful, and found a local Luthier who the said would take the body off from the neck, and then replace it... But it has been 4weeks, and today, I am picking up my defective guitar, still unrepaired... I've seen other posts with similar body issues... Perhaps I should have bought the Martin, instead...

"Baby Taylor" submitted February 27, 2013

By John A in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Professional Musician
Music Style: Pop Rock Blues Folk Jazz
Overall: In all my years of playing and owning dozens of guitars I have had only one guitar, my Baby Taylor which repeatedly came apart. The first time body came apart from the sides. Taylor determined it was a defect it was insufficiently glued and not user issue. Hey replaced the body. The next Baby Taylor’s top came apart at the glue seam from the bridge to the back of the guitar. Upon examining it I realized that it was not properly glued there was almost no glue in the seam. Taylor determined, by looking at the fretboard not the crack.,that the guitar was not kept in a room with at least 40% humidity and told me the issue was low humidity. I tried to explain that it is stored in a humidified house with multiple other instruments some from the 1920s on to recent and multiple brands and the only guitar affected was the Taylor. The gentleman in the Warranty Department asked me to pay for a new body. I asked if they would repair it and was told “it is not worth repairing” we just replace the body” at your cost. I tried to reason with them and asked them to look at the seam but they would not budge. I think Taylor does a great job of advertizing and promoting its instruments they look good and both my Baby Taylors sounded good. But in my opinion they do not stand up and Taylor does not stand behind their guitars, unless of course you are a high profile artist. I do not now how the other models are made but I would never buy another Baby Taylor and after my experience with the customer service I would never buy any Taylor.

When you call, mention priority code 161V-61G9. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976