When you call, mention priority code 171X-8539

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 816ce Guitar

You won't believe the big sound that comes from this Grand Symphony acoustic-electric! Taylor revoiced the 816ce with advanced bracing and ES2 electronics.

"A fantastic guitar for any serious player." submitted August 26, 2014

By Christopher Neil in Ronceverte, WV
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a variable musician who plays acoustic gigs, records, and plays many different instruments for enjoyment.
Music Style: Acoustic, Folk, Celtic
Sound: When I first started playing, I was enamored with the sound of each note coming through. I've played balanced guitars, and my previous go-to is great, but compared to the 816CE, it sounded almost wet. The 816CE carries each note you play, sustaining it with sound reminiscent of a baby grand piano, especially in a room the size of my den. The low end rumbles clear, and the highs carry like I couldn't have imagined. Being a finger-picker, I was especially happy to know that even the most subtle note rang exactly the way I wanted. Feature: As I stated before, I was considering the 916CE, but I went with the 816CE due to the beautiful Rosewood pick guard and the more conservative appearance overall. The one thing I would've preferred to have on the 816CE that was on the 916CE was a bone nut and saddle. While the tusq works well, and it's easy to switch out, it would've been nice to put bone on this instead. The Expression 2 system is great, although I have a hard time flipping the switch inside the sound hole when I need to, but that's probably due more to the size of my hands and shortness of my fingers; a thin-handed or longer-fingered player wouldn't have an issue. Ease of Use: The 816CE couldn't have been easier to pick up and play. I actually made the comment to my wife that I wasn't even sure if I were playing it, or just thinking about it and it was making the sounds on its own. The action is responsive and very easy to fret, and even my wife, who plays very rarely, had an easy time playing. The body is a bit big, but I had no problem adjusting, and I think it may have even felt more right for me, but smaller players may have a bit of an issue with it. The neck is a bit wider than I was used to, but I quickly adapted, and it felt just as natural as my previous guitar after about thirty minutes of playing. Quality: The quality of the 816CE is incredible. The combination of stunning tone woods, tasteful abalone inlays, the Rosewood pick guard, and the accents of maple for the binding makes this guitar a work of art as much as it is a creator of it. The guitar is deceptively light, but built in a way that will allow it to last long enough to pass on to my grandchildren one day. Value: This guitar is well worth its price, and for anyone who truly enjoys playing, I would absolutely recommend the Taylor 816CE as not only a personal guitar, but easily a professional one, too. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to contact Taylor about this, but Taylor does offer warranties and support for all of their products, and I've known friends who have said that Taylor has gone above and beyond in helping them with problems that have come up with their instruments. The Wow Factor: As I've stated before, while nearly identical to the 916CE in terms of specifications, the 816CE has a much more tasteful, conservative look that would compliment anyone who's not particularly interested in the large amounts of abalone accents and inlays and who isn't too concerned about the tusq vs. bone nut and saddle. While I definitely didn't need this guitar, I'm more than happy that I bought it, especially since I've had some hands-on time with it and have had plenty of time to familiarize myself with all of its intricacies. This guitar is a work of art that can help someone create some incredible art, also. Overall: As a fan of most any guitar I can get my hands on and make music with, I've become a bit lenient with the quality, as long as it plays well. The 2014 Taylor 816CE blew me away, though; I've played everything from a First Act to most high end guitars, and I would have to put this among my top 5 favorite guitars to play. I was considering the 916CE, but I fell in love with the Rosewood pick guard and the less flashy look, and after comparing the two and seeing almost identical specifications, I went with this beauty.

"Love Zzounds but the guitar was so/so" submitted July 27, 2014

By Christin C in Alliance, OH
Musical Background: Professional musician
Music Style: traditional folk
Overall: I had read all of the reviews about the Taylor and I really really wanted to like it. Sadly, I didn't. I found it very shallow in tone and the action was set too high. While it certainly looked nice, it didn't meet my standards for a guitar this expensive. Zzounds was courteous and efficient in handling the return and I will certainly shop with them again.

"MAYBE THEY SHOULD TRY MAKING BANJOS..." submitted July 3, 2014

By Tom G
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing since the Beatles were together. Martins, Gibsons, once in a while a Guild
Music Style: Widely varied
Overall: Martins position as the world's best guitar has nothing to fear from Taylor. I had been looking forward to owning this guitar but when I got it, it made me sad. It wasn't awful, it was just so/so. For this kind of money, I expect more. The sound is not memorable, the build quality is very ordinary and overall it was a total disappointment. I'm sending it back.

When you call, mention priority code 171X-8539. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976