When you call, mention priority code 176C-3H37

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 814ceGuitar

Get brilliant tones and immaculate build quality in the 814ce, which embodies everything contemporary players love about Taylor acoustic guitars.

"Simply Amazing" submitted February 27, 2013

By Gregory MacBeth in Viera, FL
Musical Background: Hobbist Guitar Player
Music Style: Classic Rock, Country and a little Blues
Overall: The guitar comes in an amazing dark chocolate case with fuchsia interior. It fits the guitar like a glove, but not too tight. Inside the case is a parts box that is probably the deepest parts case I have ever seen. As you open it the air is filled with the aroma of new guitar woods. Once you pull the guitar out the woods immediately begin to absorb the light and the body of the guitar shines with deep brilliance. The satin mahogany neck is deep dark wood with superb grain. The Ebony is a rich black. The top of my guitar was subtle, but full of life. The guitar plays like butter. Be aware though that it is especially bright when you start and will stay that way until it eventually mellows out. The one bad thing about this guitar is the Elixir strings, but that is easily changed. I changed my strings immediately to Ernie Ball 2158 Acoustic. These are awesome strings and the last forever. Once the strings are replaced the guitar does mellow out some immediately, but keep in mind that there is only more of that goodness to come. BTW, it comes playable right out of the box. The fretboard is straight and flat as Ivana Miličević chest from Banshee. Each note plays perfectly alone or in combination in a chord. Fingerpicking does require a little more aggression than the 814 model, but you get more tone in the 816. This guitar should last you a lifetime and if problems do come up Taylor's amazing service will be there to help.

"Couldn't be happier! !" submitted December 15, 2013

By David Thompson in Henderson, NV
Musical Background: Been playing 25 years. ..Some studio work. ..jam at home
Music Style: Rock..Progressive Metal...Blues
Overall: I have purchased many guitars over the years. My experience with zzounds has been flawless. My new Taylor arrived quickly and without damage. With the "Pay as you play" plan I am able to enjoy a guitar that would have taken a year of saving for. My Taylor 814ce is the best acoustic guitar I have oowned. Before my purchase I tried several different brands, Martin, Gibson etc. But for me the Taylor stood out above the rest. I also appreciated the option to pick which model number I wanted. As with most high end guitars there are subtle differences and I enjoyed picking the right one for me. I would definitely recommend this guitar and zzounds to any of my friends.

"814ce shines! Awesome guitar!" submitted June 17, 2012

By Rick Moore in Louisa, KY
Musical Background: Playing for 13 years
Music Style: Rock, country
Overall: This guitar comes lovingly wrapped in a beautiful hardshell case and comes springing to life out of it! The workmanship and sound quality are second to none. I own a 66 Martin hd-35 and this outperforms it. I took it to a local pickaround last night and this Taylor was the star of the show. High end takamines and martins couldn't touch it's sparkling midrange and buttery smooth action. Also visibly stunning
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 176C-3H37. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976