When you call, mention priority code 16G9-XZ4G

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 414ce Guitar

Strum with the bright, vibrant textures of a Taylor Grand Auditorium acoustic-electric. The ovangkol body yields exceptional balance and responsiveness.

"414ce for the win!" submitted December 4, 2013

By Steven G in Lindenhurst, NY
Overall
Overall: When I was on the market for an acoustic electric to replace my Taylor Big Baby, I knew I was going to return to Taylor for there musical and balanced tone. To me, Martin guitars bring out the bottom end of the tonal spectrum a little too much. So with that being said, I was at a cross road: 314ce or 414ce. The 4 series is only a couple of hundred more that the 3 series so price wasn't really the issue. The issue was "where do my tonal preferences lay?" The 314ce is bright and shimmering due to the sapele back and sides, a perfect weapon to tackle live band performances. The cripst tonal wood cuts through the sound well without getting lost in the sauce. But to that regard, I felt that the 314ce almost completely lacked in bass. With the combination of the bright tonal woods and the grand auditorium design, bass lacked almost completely. While this isn't a huge deal in a band situation, when playing at home or solo, I felt the lack of bass made the overall tonal quality of the guitar incomplete. SO! To the 414ce. This is where I made the decision. The African Ovangkol is a less dense wood bringing in the low end tone that the 314ce lacks, all the while not overpowering the crisp highs that Taylor is known for. Balanced. I looked at the 414ce as a jack of all trades because of this. In a solo setting, the balanced bass and highs gave a complete sound. In live performances, just use the onboard EQ to roll of the low end and boost your highs. There. Done. Unplugged the guitar sounds so unique. Ovangkol isn't widely used so it stands out against your regular run of the mill back and side woods. People who have heard the guitar describe it as fluid sounding. Plugged in the expression system does what I feel all other acoustic electric guitars SHOULD do. How the 414ce sounds unplugged is how it sounds plugged in. Not changed, not muttled with. Just your guitar louder. The sound is not quacky like you find in under saddle bridges. Not colored or enhanced like you will find in other acoustic electric pickups. Taylor hit the nail on the head with the expression system. Also, I should mention that this guitar ages, opens up if you will. There was a time where I really had no time to play due to work and family. MONTHS went by without the guitar coming out of it's case but when it finally did, the guitar transformed into this booming, singing instrument of music. Simply fantastic. If you are in a toss up between the 313 or the 414, I would first recommend looking at your situation. If you only need something to cut through the band and still sound great, the 314 is for you. But if you are like myself who does a little bit of everything, the 414ce is your go to. I am extremely pleased with my purchase and plan to enjoy this for years and years to come.

"Sooo Happy" submitted October 13, 2013

By Ryan M in Newport News , VA
Musical Background: Guitar: 18 years, play at home and occasionally in bands
Music Style: Rock,blues,metal
Overall: I have wanted a Taylor for 13 years, ever since I worked at Guitar Center. Because of Zzounds payment plans I finally have one. I cant say enough for how awesome Zzounds has been with all the gear I have bought from them. As far as the 414CE goes, its amazing! Its beautiful, plays great, sounds great and the pickup system is just amazing when plugged in. If you are debating on getting a Taylor or not...Do it!! I have played Martins,Gibsons, Breedloves ect.. Taylor is where its at!!

"Taylor 414CE" submitted April 8, 2014

By John H in Cookeville, TN
Musical Background: I've played for 32 years, some of which was professionally
Music Style: Rock, Folk, Blues
Overall: Out of the box this guitar shined. It was expressive with bell-like harmonic tones. The intonation is spot on if you play in standard tuning. I personally play in several alt tunings, so if that is the case with you, you will want and need to have it set up. The action on it was about medium level from my experience, which I personally prefer. I don't want it too low as most experienced acoustic players don't because of resonance and sustain. The neck on this guitar is beautiful as well as the finish. I will say if you have smaller hands the neck might take some getting used to. Many electric players swear by Taylors and I can see why, but a Fender neck it is not. I love the fitted case too. No chance of the guitar being shaken around if you have a mishap while moving it or carrying it. Mostly, if you are seeking a guitar that is bright and hits great midrange tones, this guitar has it. That was my goal. I had tried out several guitars ranging from Larivee, Martin and Guild before pulling the trigger with this one. I was very hesitant about buying a guitar online, but the pay plan fit my budget. Not many of us can drop 2K at a moments notice. I was very, very pleased when I opened the case. As a matter of fact, I was giggling with joy. I chose well. I would highly suggest this guitar and spending the extra few bucks to get a solid wood guitar. Honestly, I don't hear much discerning difference between ovangkol and rosewood. I believe they both impart similar qualities in sound and it is beautiful to the eye. I give this guitar a big thumbs up. Finally, this guitar would suit any style from strummers to finger stylists, but I would mostly say it's for guys and gals that are seeking note definition. A big jumbo Gibson is great for churning chords, but this one wants to be ridden all over the neck and put through the paces. This guitar is especially for the (lead) acoustic player. Hope this helps.

When you call, mention priority code 16G9-XZ4G. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976