When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-T8VJ

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 214DLX GA Acoustic

Great projection, full-bodied tone, versatility, and a gorgeous, high-end look are what you can expect from this Deluxe edition of the Taylor 214 acoustic.

"Outstanding, Excellent Quality and Value" submitted January 14, 2016

By D W in Orange, CA
Musical Background: 30+ years experience, all acoustic
Music Style: Rock (mostly rock ballads), country and related genres.
Sound: Excellent sound, truly lives up to Taylors' claim of "...layered rosewood...models (honing) in on...(a) great guitar-playing experience to give you clear, balanced tone and great intonation." No sense in modifying what Taylor has already said since I've discovered the same, exact things for myself! Feature: The "layered rosewood" surprised all fellow guitarists when I told them what was used for the back and sides (probably even more surprised that I would invest in anything other than an all-solid wood guitar, considering that I've been deemed a "purist!"). Many who were unfamiliar with Taylor's less expensive models, were still skeptical that this 214 use layered rosewood, which, btw, still makes the 214 an all wood guitar. Ease of Use: Everyone has been very surprised or amazed at the "...well-defined midrange (producing) clear and balanced tone...responsive enough for fingerstyle players and powerful enough for pickers and strummers to get a lively response." These 214s leave Taylor without requiring any modification to the action (other than possibly replacing the strings, depending on player preference; I stayed with the Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light that come with this guitar). Playability is, again, amazingly good. Quality: While I've only had this guitar for a 3 months shy of 2 years, I'm highly confident that the 214 will last for many years in the future (15, 20 years or more? ... with proper care and storage, when not in use, to protect it from the extreme weather changes). The craftsmanship, workmanship, quality of the materials as well as the finish on this guitar are all excellent. With respect to build-quality and finish, it really is a beautiful guitar, especially taking into consideration the price range. Once more, I have owned this guitar for almost 2 years and the quality is as good as when it left the Taylor factory while the sound has also improved, similar to my all solid-wood Taylors (810, 410). Value: While I was initially highly skeptical prior to this purchase (I'm considered a "purist" when it comes to all-solid wood guitars, vs. even the high-quality layered wood Taylor uses!), I have recommended this guitar to even the most discriminating, critical guitarists. It really is worth the average $800 selling price, and even more in my opinion, having witnessed the all-solid-wood-like construction and quality. Manufacturer Support: Taylor has been outstanding at responding to product inquiries, overall support, etc. I.e. very helpful. The Wow Factor: Not only was I amazed at the overall quality (workmanship, sound, etc) of the Taylor 214, but so were all those who've scrutinized every detail of this guitar up close, including the most experienced guitarists. Many who are unfamiliar with these less expensive Taylors (Tecate, MX manufacture) found it difficult to believe that these are manufactured the Taylor Tecate, Mexico plant (46 miles "down-the-road" from Taylor's El Cajon, CA main plant -- for closer, greater and constant quality assurance). The highly respected luthier in this area who I go to even commented how this was a great purchase and excellent guitar even for a guitarist with my experience. Overall: Well, I had just completed a detailed review of this guitar and zZounds' interface deleted the entire review when I submitted it. So, this will be a very abbreviated, scaled down, truncated version of that failed review. Excellent guitar considering the price.

"Taylor 214 DLX" submitted July 14, 2015

By Andrew V in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: Pro for 15 yrs. Last 10 just a hobby and singer songwriter.
Music Style: Folk, blues, jazz.
Sound: Sound was good for $. Feature: Better wood selection. Ease of Use: Sound was good. Had a few sharp frets which is not a big deal and easily fixed. It does not have the balance that Taylors all wood guitars have and a big notch below my old Martins but OK for the price. Quality: I sent it back Value: It's a little pricey considering the back and sides are laminate. There are some companies making all wood guitars for less. Manufacturer Support: Don't know. The Wow Factor: Had this not had the defects I would have kept it. Overall: Had to return because of a few defects. Z sounds was awesome about the return. Pretty guitar. Sounded good. Played good. Problem was the finish and the piece of wood picked for the neck. It had an unfinished area on just one side of the headstock. The piece of wood picked for the neck was very knotty and twisted. This led to many open grain areas on the neck where you could feel actual splinters and rough spots against your hand when playing. I've never seen a neck like this on the upper level American made Taylors. Maybe quality issues at Mexican factory to be worked out?

When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-T8VJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976