When you call, mention priority code 20V-QG2C

Rating and Reviews: Taylor 214ce Deluxe

The Taylor 214ce Grand Auditorium gets the Deluxe treatment with ES2 Expression System 2 pickups, a full-gloss finish, and a Taylor hardshell case included.

Overall

"Wow! By far the best guitar purchase I have ever made!" submitted January 3, 2016

By Michaell Hames in Jonesboro, AR
Overall
Musical Background: Playing seriously about 2 years, off and on for many years before.
Music Style: Christian, Rock, Pop
Overall: Got this 214ce using Zzounds 12 pay plan and could not be any happier. The guitar was setup and played perfect straight from the box. You cannot go wrong with Taylor quality. My only reservation when ordering was that this guitar is said to be best for those who pick rather than strum and I am mainly just a strummer type. I found that the tone is perfect for strumming, maybe a little lighter tone than say, a Martin, when unplugged, but still sounds great and when plugged in the onboard tone adjustments allow you to add enough bass to get that deeper tone through your amp. I have barely put this thing down since I got it and it has rekindled my guitar playing. You cannot go wrong here!

"very pleased" submitted March 18, 2016

By jeremy p in Blanchard, OK
Musical Background: been playing drums for 4 years and playing guitar for 3
Music Style: mostly just gospel new and old and some oldies
Overall: cant say enough about zZounds and play as you pay deals. If it wasn't for them id be just dreaming of owning this Taylor guitar. The guitar fits my playing style so much better then the breedlove black magic i owned. The Taylor comes with a beautiful case and i like to look inside the color of the case as much as i do the guitar itself. Weird i know. The guitar was tabaco burst and its far nicer in person pictures dont do it justice. I have bought a nice fender amp to go with my Taylor and broke it in nicely going to nursing homes and playing at church.. Gets alot of complements on the sound. I will be content with playing this guitar. This one is a keeper.. Id recomend this guitar to anyone.

"Best Acoustic Guitar I ever owned." submitted July 31, 2016

By Rod G in Cassville, MO
Overall
Musical Background: 41 years on guitar. Lead guitar and bass.
Music Style: Contemporary Christian. From Country, to hard Rock. We do it all.
Overall: I am a professional musician. I have owned many guitars throughout my life, as I've been playing for 41 years. This is by far, the best acoustic guitar I have ever owned. It comes just as they promise. Straight out of the box, begging to be played. I did have to change the strings, as I require the super light strings. 9 to 42. But I hesitated changing the strings. These come with Elixir strings. You cannot do better. Totally worth the money. And the Taylor Hard Shell case is top notch.

"Taylor 214ce Deluxe Grand Auditorium Gtr" submitted March 8, 2017

By Randy A in port allegany, PA
Musical Background: playing guitar for 30 years solo gigger
Music Style: 60s 70s 80s 90s classic rock, blues and country
Overall: Wow i just received my new and first Taylor guitar and i must say, being a little worried as i have played nothing but Ibanez for the last twenty years i was literally shocked by the sound of this amazing Guitar the look alone was stunning as i got the black 214 ce i tuned it up and struck my first chord and i was almost in tears this thing sounds absolutely amazing. no comparison to my Ibanez. dont get me wrong my Ibanez has been a faithful work horse but this Taylor is absolutely a wonderful full sounding guitar the intonation is spot on the mids highs and lows are equally balanced i am in love wonderful craftsman ship smooth and warm sounding guitar easy to play i mean just touch the strings and you get response if you are thinking about this guitar dont waste another minute you will not be disappointed i cant wait for my first gig tomorrow night with this beauty i love it you will also,

"You can't go wrong !" submitted February 12, 2016

By Clyde M in Danbury, CT
Overall
Musical Background: Rock,Heavy Metal etc.
Music Style: Classic Rock
Overall: I waited a week for this to get to CT from Nevada and it was worth every minute. The Case is sturdy and beautiful, when you open it this guitar takes your breath away. Plays like a dream sounds like heaven. I've had Martin's which I also love but this is just as worthy. You have nothing to lose but trying it and everything to gain if you do.

"Stunning" submitted August 18, 2016

By Deeg Lancour in Cape coral , FL
Overall
Musical Background: I have a family of 6 and we play everything from guitar, harmonica, drums, piano and saxophone
Music Style: Alternative, Christian contemporary, pop, oldies, rock, ragae, ragaeton
Overall: This guitar is stunning. From the gorgeous case to the amazing build quality and detail. To the very pronounced sound. Everything about this guitar is excellent and zZounds processing was so quick and easy their pay as you play allowed me to pay for 12 months with no interest despite not having the best credit. If you're thinking about the Taylor 214 ce dlx. Go for it. You'll love it.

"Taylor 214 Taylor deluxe ce" submitted July 3, 2016

By Robert L in Midland, MI
Overall
Musical Background: 45 yrs,country old and new,country, rock, variety of genre.
Overall: Bought this new(not from zZounds), but after seeing all the reviews my next purchase will be). I was looking for inexpensive stage guitar with some class. I have a high end Martin, and a Hummingbird, did not want to use on stage. The guitar body is excellent, my only concern is the satin neck. Mine had a roughness about it, and could have been finished better. But I took some guitar scratch remover(rubbing compound),#1 grit, and I have taken most of the problem out of the neck. I used it on stage a few days ago and did well with it, getting to like it better now, had a hard time getting use to it. Its sounds better plugged in, has a unique lighter tone to it, I am a flatpicker and play lead on it. But its what I wanted, an inexpensive stage guitar with class.

"Taylor 214ce Deluxe Grand Auditorium Gtr" submitted March 9, 2017

By Joy Foster in Chicago, Illinois, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing the guitar and storytelling for more than thirty years and have performed professionally around the US.
Music Style: Country Gospel, Folk, Spirituals
Overall: Oh my goodness, what a magnificent sound this guitar has! I had to force myself to put it down and go to bed when I received it yesterday. Being a Senior Citizen, I should have been very tired, but after getting this guitar into my aged hands, my energy was fully revived! Not only is the sound fabulous, but the guitar is well made and fits me like a glove. I had stopped playing for a long time because my other guitars did not sound that great. Now, that I have gotten this one, I am playing again... It is well worth the investment and the greatest sounding guitar I have ever owned... Thank you zZounds for making it easy for me, at last, to own a top of the line guitar that sounds awesome!!! I can hardly wait to do a concert for the Seniors in my community. . . Joy (Sista' Joy) Foster

"My First Taylor And It's Incredible " submitted August 7, 2015

By Christopher Anderson in Batesville, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing professionally for 25 years. I play all instruments...guitar, bass, drums etc.
Music Style: All Styles
Overall: Have you ever bought a brand new guitar and because it was so special you kept writing song after song after song? That is what happened, and is still happening to me, as a result of buying a Taylor 214ce Deluxe Cutaway!! I tell my friends...I don't know where these songs are coming from...they just keep coming?!?! I bought my Taylor guitar (Tobacco Sunburst) from zZounds 6 months ago and it's the best acoustic I've ever owned! I would say instrument, but it's not my 1966 Fender Strat! But for acoustics...it's by far the best. I've wanted a Taylor acoustic for a longtime, but never pulled the trigger. zZounds made that happen for me because of the awesome payment plan. Right out of the box it played like a dream. I could not get over the tone, it was amazing. The playability is easy. It frets nice and I'm able to move up and down with ease. I cannot stress the tone of my guitar! The Taylor 214ce Deluxe Cutaway was well worth the money I paid for it. Get it! You will not regret it!
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Taylor 214ce" submitted January 14, 2016

By Babe T in Morris, MN
Musical Background: 25 Years- Guitar- Bass- Retired from touring- Pro Audio
Music Style: Country
Overall: Great sounding model, not too expensive. Great little practice and performing guitar with matching model case (bonus). With zZounds customer service and shipping, you can't go wrong!

"Taylor 214ce or 314ce" submitted June 17, 2017

By Pedro T in Lubbock, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been play nearly 40 years, Drums, Bass, Guitar and Bajo Quinto/Sexto
Music Style: Rock , Country, Tejano, Conjunto, TEXMEX, Metal, RnB Funk.
Overall: I bought the 214ce instead of the 314ce, mainly because of the wood choices. I am a fan of rosewood, even though the 214ce is laminate. It plays pretty good. It sounds pretty good. I like it...just don't love it. The 314ce I played after buying mine sounded and felt much better to me. Should have saved up a little more. The next Taylor I am getting is the 514....

"i feel kind of disapointed" submitted January 7, 2017

By Christian A in Brawley, CA
Musical Background: 19 years of playing, Guitar,Bass,Drums,Some Keyboard
Music Style: All kind of music, my fav is rock
Overall: ok, here is my comment about this guitar, i have two aspects in general to comment About the sound the sound is a dream, it sounds very amazing, you can feel the wood working for you in every note when you playing, you'll be pleased at all when you hear the sound of this instrument... About the neck Unfortunately the neck is so uncomfortable for me, already have to see some youtube videos on how to adjust the truss rod and see how this could work to feel more comfortable with the neck playing, i feel very uncomfortable when I try to do for example an F chord, or try to play on the first frets, this is disappointed for such an expensive instrument for me. Hope i can fix this, also I'll try to buy a more extra light guitar strings. well in general this is a good guitar (and have to be for the expensive price) but i wish taylor luthier guys could spend some more time on work for more easy neck playing (so you don't have make changes at all, well this could be more in a subjective way) Thank you for reading, God bless you

"Beautiful Instrument - Great Sound" submitted April 12, 2017

By Jeffrey L in Laconia, IN
Musical Background: Amateur
Music Style: All genres
Overall: I have never owned a guitar with as much quality as this one. The sound is warm and clear. I can imagine holding on to this guitar forever!

"Jphil123@aol.com" submitted May 28, 2015

By Joe P in Soddy Daisy, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing drums for 52 yrs now. And still play a house gig every Saturday night. I have picked up guitar and harmonica.
Music Style: I play all kinds of music. Rock, country, big band an gospel.
Overall: I got my new Taylor. It plays very well and great tone. Not played it on stage yet. But looking forward to it.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Not a happy customer " submitted November 3, 2016

By Dustin Burton in Martinsville , OH
Musical Background: I play guitar aminly in church
Music Style: Christian and country
Overall: I had purchased my Taylor guitar with the idea that I was "stepping up" from my Ibanez electric acoustic. The sound obviously is much better but the action on the guitar in my opinion is horrible. I have Elixir lights on my Taylor as recommended and using a capo I have severe fret buzz in the D and G strings. I adjusted the neck and if I want to overcome fret buzz I have to adjust to the point my hands cramp up making chords. My 300.00 Ibanez had better action with no string buzz and making chords was very easy. My Taylor hardly stays in tune when using a capo which I no problem with my Ibanez. It always stayed in tune. I rarely use my case and one of the buckles already messed up. I tried to return the guitar for something different but I missed he 45 day return policy. I have spent a lot of money in the past year alone at zZounds and I was only a couple weeks past. Very disappointed with the purchase I made.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-QG2C. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976