When you call, mention priority code 16KN-Q4DQ
  • Mon, Tue, Wed 8AM - 10PM (EST)
  • Thur Closed
  • Fri 8AM - 10PM (EST)

Rating and Reviews: Tascam GA30CD Amp

Independent 15W amplifier for guitar and stereo 7.5W amplifier for CD. 1/8 in. Stereo Line Input connector. Seamless looping of song sections. Variable Speed Audition.

Overall

"Novice-Interediate guitarist looking to get to the "next level"? This amp is for you!" submitted January 27, 2009

By a customer from optonline.net
Music Style: AC/DC to ZZ TOP and many other types in between
Sound: I play a lefty American Stndrd Strat. The sound is good enough for a practice amp. It doesn't blow your mind like my line 6 spider 15W combo ($99 by comparison) but it doesn't stink either. The effects (besides the main hook..the CD trainer) vary in quality. I love the auto-wah, but the delay is weak. I would not use it live (if I was good enought to play live) as it's not loud enough. In all fairness, I got the amp 2 weeks ago. While I have read through the manual (straight forward enough), there is always the outside chance that I missed something which would augment the overall volume. Feature: As mentioned, my view of the various effects vary, but there are alot of them! Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Auto-Wah, Pitch Shift, Delay, Panning Delay. Did I mention I loved the Auto-wah? :) The main reason I bought the amp was the built in CD Trainer. It (like the amp itself) takes some getting used to. If you put in the 10-15 minutes needed, you will figure it out easy enough. The Trainer works as advertised. It slows down the song, gives you the option (VSA button) to keep it in pitch. Looping start and stop points are also easy. Push "loop" at the point you want to start, push it again at the point in the song you want to stop..away you go! I have'nt tried the metronome, but the tuner is a great feature. Your CD is played out of the 2 side speakers, while your guitar is played out of the center speaker. With no CD in the amp, you can play the guitar out of either side and/or middle speaker. Guitar Cancel featuire depends on the CD more then the amp. Burned CD less likely to cancel the guitar sound compared to a store bought CD. Ease of Use: More complicated then your standard combo amp, but no other amp has a CD trainer built in. So on this scale, it's pretty easy to use. Quality: Product arrived from ZZounds in perfect condition. The buttons/knobs on the front are fine as are the trainer electronics on top. There is a plastic handle on side for carrying. It's 30lbs, so not heavy. Overall very good looking amp. Value: If you want to learn a song lick by lick, measure by measure, or solo by solo you can't do better then this amp. This is a practice amp with tons of effects and a major bell/whistle with the guitar trainer. Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: For the purpose of practicing/learning to be a better guirist, I see it's applicability for a novice up to an intermediate player. If you are in this range, and are willing to put in the practice, this amp will help you get to the next level. Overall: I plan on using this amp until I can play any song I want by ear or reading music fluently...so for quite a while :). The amp can double as a perfectly acceptable stereo to play cd's, or your mp3 (there is a spot for this too along with a headphone jack). If this amp was lost or stolen, I would first try and figure out how the b------d got around my killer Shih-Tzu in one piece to pull of the heist. Then I would have no problem buying another one as the price won't break the bank (I mean amp not Shih-Tzu).

"A very good, very well made amp" submitted January 14, 2009

Overall
Music Style: rock, alternative, some jazz
Sound: I am VERY impressed with this amp. After wanting one for over a year, I finally got one, and I am SO glad I did. I love, love, LOVE it! It sounds good, the effects are great, and I love having a tuner and metronome built in! This is such an awesome amp. Feature: LOVE the features. You can use side/center speakers or both, many effects and adjustments of how they sound, a built in cd player, and so much more. I really, really like it. Ease of Use: It's a little heavy, so if you plan on hauling back and forth, have a lot of muscles, or prepare to build them! Otherwise, it's overwhelming to figure out at first. If you read through the manual though, you'll do just fine and you'll catch on. After you figure everything out, you'll do great. Quality: Everything looks and plays fine. The Wow Factor: From the very first time I saw this amp, I wanted it. It's very appealing. Overall: I'm pretty sure I'll be keeping this amp for a long, long time. I won't be searching for another amp for awhile, just more guitars to play with it! =)

When you call, mention priority code 16KN-Q4DQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976