When you call, mention priority code 14PV-6MPT

Rating and Reviews: Tascam DR-05 Recorder

With on-board stereo microphones, 24-bit resolution, and a built-in peak limiter, this digital recorder puts high-quality recording right at your fingertips.

"Quality. Easy to use. Sound that will you!" submitted November 16, 2011

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Amateur (so far) Computer based composer (www.kavamusic.com)
Music Style: jazz, jazz fusion, neo-classical, new age, electronic
Sound: I don't have a lot to compare to except for an old Sony digital voice recorder. I can say, however, that the sound of this DR-05 is an order of magnitude, maybe two orders of magnitude better. I am using this for digital sampling for music. The background noise is really low, and the sensitivity of the built in mics is high. I won't outgrow this for my musical use for quite some time. I was sort of frightened by the zero distortion, noise-free, high signal recordings I made. It's a little spooky. Feature: File transfer of the .wav file to the computer was easy as pie. The no-frills, no-bells, no whistles approach is perfect for me. I didn't want a lot of junky sub-par features that hindered my use of the device as a recorder. I just wanted an inexpensive recorder that could make high quality recordings. That's what this is. My first attempt produced really weak sound until I figured out how to turn on the built in mic and set the recording level, so don't give up on this device right out of the box. Ease of Use: There is a bit of a learning curve. You don't just turn it on and use it without looking at the manual. But I found my answers and got up and running quickly after a quick scan of the manual. Quality: So far it seems pretty solid. I have only had it for one day. I don't see the cheap plasticy look and feel that another reviewer complained about. Value: It seems like a pretty good buy. I am getting seemingly studio quality sound samples for just under $100. I don't expect to beat that. Manufacturer Support: N/A I have not contacted support. The Wow Factor: Yah, now that I have this to make digital samples for my music efforts, I would loath to be stuck with a lower quality tool. Overall: Not sure if I will outgrow this. Not sure if I even need to use an external mic. The build in condenser mics are great.
45 of 46 people (97.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great little recorder at a great price!" submitted November 29, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing the drums going on 2 years. I just jam at home with friends
Music Style: mostly rock
Sound: This recorder sounds really good, I was very surprised. The sound of it played back really sounds professional, at a very reasonal price. I couldn't ask for a better product. With a good set of speakers it sounds amazing!!! I think for the price you can't beat it! Feature: I use it when I'm drumming, I just use the very simple features, I don't have alot of equipment to hook it up with so I'm very happy with just turning it on and recording. Ease of Use: Its very easy to operate and if you do have problems you can go to you tube and get a full demonstration, its pretty cool! Quality: I think its made very well, it seems very durable, and very light weight. Fits right in you shirt pocket! Value: I feel its worth what I paid for it, infact I think I got a pretty good deal. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with the company who made this product so i can't answer this question. The Wow Factor: I didn't know what I was getting until I purchased the product. The appeal of it is nice because its compact and easy to carry around. Overall: I hope to stay happy with my product, and if I was to loose it I would buy another just like it or the next model up from it.
28 of 29 people (96.55%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Fantastic!!" submitted November 24, 2011

Music Style: Folk, rock, singer-song writer style
Sound: Sounds very good. haven't tried it in a live setting yet, but of all the hand held recorders I've talk to people about, this one is right up there with being the best. Feature: Very easy to record and play back, and to delete unwanted tracks. Quality: Tascam is always my choice for recording equipment. I had a very early 4 track recorder, I have the 788 8-track, and now this portable recorder. Value: I didn't think of trying the upgraded models, because I knew this would suit my needs, and the price is pretty incredible! The Wow Factor: If you are just starting out recording your music, or live bands, I would suggest this. Overall: I would buy another like this.

"Great product and quality, great for what it is designed for." submitted June 12, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: This is an excellent recording device. For what it does, there is a lot of quality that has gone into this product. I recommend it for those who not only want to record voice or music through the built in mic's or for those who would plug a keyboard into the stereo input, and record a song. Great quality. Feature: Built in mics work great! Ease of Use: The interface took a bit of studying to understand but it is easy to set up and record, and then take to a computer and plug it up and move the music from the device to the computer. Quality: Great quality. Value: Good price for what it does. Manufacturer Support: Not had to deal with the company. The Wow Factor: No comment. Overall: Don't know

"I've been recording me and bandmates for 40 years. OMG! Sure, I'm old, but I'm also experienced. I wish I'd had this DR-05 al" submitted June 27, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: hobbyist, active muscian, recordist...all the hats
Music Style: currently: blues, rock, country, formerly: jazz, classical
Sound: Decades ago, it would have taken a trunk-load of recording equipment to record what this baby does from my shirt pocket. Now, if I want to digitize an old cassette, or record a gig or a practice session, pop this baby into my shirt-pocket, turn it on, and it records 3 hrs of stuff. Bring home the DR-05, transfer the files to PC, use Audacity to break out the tunes, get rid of the dead space, and bada-bing! I LOVE this thing. Good price, too. Has more features than I'll ever use. Feature: comes w/ the USB transfer/power cable, SD card big enuf to hold 3 hrs of recordings. Value: I first became aware of this type product when I buddy of mine recorded a gig over New Year's Eve. Really loud music. 2-gits, keyboards, 2 vocalists drummer, bass. Me (on lead git), and my buddy on Bass both had in ear plugs....L O U D. Even so his gizmo got a great recording of the gig. This DR-05 will do same. DR-05 was 1/2 the price my buddy paid for his "better" model. I'd pay more if I wasn't on a tight budget. But, it's selling price made it easy for me to pull the trigger on this one. Manufacturer Support: Have had no issues requiring contacting the mfr. Don't expect any. The Wow Factor: Yeah, I wanted it. So, I bot it! :-) Sexy? I guess so, if you're a nerd. I guess with all the gizmo's out there today, git players have a nerd factor about them. E.g. Eric Johnson.
14 of 17 people (82.35%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Simple, practical and feature-lite . . . like an expensive version of that thing you took notes on in college . . ." submitted April 14, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Current Hobbyist with some prior road experience and church music team experience
Music Style: I try to do my own thing, but I keep getting that darn Damien Rice comparison . . .
Sound: Holy crap this thing sounds GOOD!! I about slapped myself when I saw I could have saved a few bucks and bought an Olympus or Sony voice recorder at the local Walgreens for $20. And then I played back my first test demo. Wow. . . The accuracy of the built in condensers is comparable to that of the AT-2020s I have in my home studio. I'm glad to be able to get a comparable quality field recording when I'm away from the house. Feature: What can I say?? It's a linear recorder, i.e. a glorified note-to-self taker. There are no tracks, no real editing functions, no effects, none of that that hoopala. Not even a metronome. You hit record, you play and sing your song, and then you hit stop. Simple and feature-lite; PERFECT for my rough ideas. Ease of Use: I experienced a little learning curve with set up and sound output. But the manual is easy to follow and I had kinks worked out in 5-10 minutes. Quality: Honestly, it feels pretty cheapily made. I wouldn't play catch with it or take it into a mosh pit. But I don't make my recordings in those settings, either. Value: Eh. Only because it sounds as good as it does, the $100 price tag is warranted. But it does feel like a toy. Were it not for the sound capture being as high quality as it is, the lack of features and cheap plastic construction would have compelled me to send it back and buy a dime store alternative. If you only need something for rough sketches, I might suggest the same. Manufacturer Support: No experience thus far, but I've trusted Tascam with my recording gear and never been let down. You can't beat the no-nonsense, minimalist approach they take in their interfaces. The Wow Factor: Well, I have been wanting a field recorder for some time now for sketches. It'll work . . . Overall: It isn't perfect; again, feels cheap but sounds good. Could I get by with the dime store alternative for $70-80 less? Yes. If I could do it all over again, would I buy this or the dime store alternative? Well, it's only for sketches. So, do I need the 24-bit quality? Meh. I could probably get by on less. . .
17 of 21 people (80.95%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tascam DR-05 Portable Digital Recorder" submitted May 12, 2014

By Ray P in Galesburg, IL
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years - trumpet , french horn - school bands (high & college) military band, municipal bands
Music Style: I appreciate Christian style to the greatest degree.
Overall: The recorder captures and reproduces good quality sound in environments with a lot of background noise. Out-performs similar recorders in the same price range.

When you call, mention priority code 14PV-6MPT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976