When you call, mention priority code 1717-R2ZF

Rating and Reviews: Tascam DP24 Portastudio

Put down the mouse and get your hands on the Tascam DP24's 19 real faders. Record up to eight simultaneous channels, mix, master, and burn to CD.

"great unit!" submitted July 28, 2013

By Robert U in Scotch Planes, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: over 35 years of piano/keyboard plying.
Music Style: alternative, jazz, fusion.
Overall: It's very well built (heavy/solid). Also very easy to use, almost no need to open manual. Sound quality exceptional, I wish this unit had more built in effects and mastering options. Some users gave low rating here because of their lack of knowledge about SD cards and how CD drive works which was ridiculous. Educate yourself first and don't blame this fantastic device. Anyway after years dealing and fighting with DAW software I have enough, I needed simple and reliable digital recorder what the DP-24 exactly is.

"Great Value" submitted August 5, 2013

By Loy G in Animas, NM
Music Style: Rock, Country and Blues
Overall: Have had this unit for a week and very easy instructions to follow. Every thing I hoped for from ease of use to great sound quality. Absolutely no complaints so far. Was a prior Korg owner, Tascam as good or better sound quality at 1/3 the price.

"Tascam DP24 Recorder" submitted November 19, 2013

By Peter R in Ocklawaha, FL
Musical Background: Semi pro acoustic guitar player for 40+ years
Music Style: Acoustic blues, folk
Overall: The DP24 is not my first Tascam recording deck so I expected the quality of the product and the professional sounding end product of recordings to be very high and was not disappointed. Definitely recommend this for the DIY recording enthusiast.

"Tascam DP-24" submitted November 3, 2013

By John Isom in De Soto, KS
Overall
Musical Background: I've been a player, singer for 50+ years, performed all over the US & Europe. And a member of the Kansas music Hall of Fame.
Music Style: I am a guitar player singer, and for the right money I'll play anything..................
Overall: As a player, producer, and music store owner, I have been familiar with the Tascam name for decades. I already own a Tascam DP-01, and when I saw an opportunity to get a DP-24 at a really good blemished price I had to get it. The only blemish I found was a somewhat wrinkled, and torn manual. So far my new DP-24 is living up to all the great things associated with the name Tascam. Great stuff!!

"Awesome Recorder" submitted April 8, 2014

By Sharon H in FORREST CITY, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've played various instruments my whole life, husband plays pro 30 + years. Me, 30 + also, just not pro, hobby for me.
Music Style: Blues, Smooth Jazz, some Country, some Rock, some Christian, some Classical.
Overall: I purchased this as a Christmas gift for my husband, pro musician for 30 + years and he is in absolute heaven with it. He loves the ease of use and the fact he can lay down and mix each track then burn his own CD right then & there is amazing. Works wonderfully, no issues yet. And quality of CD's recorded so far sound as professional as any I've purchased in a store or online. Awesome, Awesome product, would highly recommend. & Zzounds has the best price of anyone and I have checked. Wonderful to do business with. Will be back for more later. Thanks so much. Haven't had to use Manufacturer support yet is only reason for 3 stars. If we ever have to deal with them I can change that rating later.

"Tascam DP-24 Portastudio Digital Recorder" submitted May 4, 2014

By Verayuth Puttarat in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: more than 30 years. I'm a song writer and love recording.
Music Style: Pop , soft rock , and new age. also easy listening.
Overall: This is an awesome product ..!! I really love it so easy to setup and love this sound quality of it. I had Roland 8 track before and harder to run and understand it. well with this Tascam DP-24 I have prenty of track to go around and it is very great price from ZZ Sounds.com from now I'm married with this place and will never buy from no one else but here. !! Thanks.....ZZ Sounds you have made my day...and more in the future.

"Tascam DP-24" submitted June 26, 2014

By Paul S in Eustis, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar and bass for 35 years, mandolin for 15.
Music Style: Bluegrass, folk, Americana, jazz, blues, rock.
Overall: Excellent product! I replaced a Boss with this item and am very happy with the purchase. Don't get me wrong--I loved the Boss. It simply was old and couldn't do what I needed any longer. The Tascam is even better.

"I want to Love it but I just kind of like it!" submitted July 6, 2012

By Paige One in dallas, TX
Musical Background: 20 year Recording Tech
Music Style: Christian, Pop Rock, Electronic and Country
Sound: I like that they made a bigger better DP unit. The unit is not an upgrade from the 2488 neo or the 2488 series. This is a 24 track DP. The sound is a little more like computer recording. The unit sounds good. But the 2488 neo Sounds Better. Feature: The features are similar to the 2488 neo. I thought they would give you more stereo effect options. On the 2488 neo you could only use it once and on the DP 24 you can only use it once. This is 2012 I'm sure that Tascam could have expanded this unit in this area so you could use the stereo effects on four groups. The 2488 neo had an 80G hard drive. On this unit you can use removable SD cards up to 16G (50:02) pretty good 32 would have been better. Flanger and Phaser is missing on the single effects. If you have never used the 2488 neo you wont care and maybe you have a few outboard effects units with Flanger and Phaser on them. The screen is nice. Having the panning and EQ effects pods out of the menu is really good. When you think of how much stuff you can get IN THE BOX for under $200.00. I think Tascam should have put more into this unit. All the inputs are on the back of the unit with a HI Z for your guitar. It's also more like a 18 track recorder seeing that 12 of the tracks are stereo. Ease of Use: The unit is pretty easy to use. If you are not use to Tascam then you might be overwhelmed because this is technical recording device. Even though I have a few dislikes of the unit it is still an all in one 24 track (18 track) recording studio with features dudes only dreamed of in the 80's and 90's. Quality: The unit looks and feels like a tank. It is thinner than the 2488 neo but it feels like it could take a beating and keep on ticking. Value: I got it as a gift. My wife said it was 699 at the time of purchase. Now it is $900. I like hardware devices so it would be good for people who dislike computer software. Manufacturer Support: Not friendly, but very technically informed about the equipment. The Wow Factor: The unit looks great. It has lots of pods and flashing buttons. Overall: This is not an upgrade from the 2488 neo. This is a 24 track DP from the DP series with some of the feature from the 2488 series. If you have only used DP series recorders then this is a Fab unit. If you have used the 2488 series ie the neo then you might be disappointed after you get over looking at the fancy new LCD screen.

"Tascam dp-24 multi-track recorder" submitted April 24, 2014

By Roger J in Gaithersburg , MD
Musical Background: Producer/Beats
Music Style: All
Overall: It's a must machine, every producer should have one.

"It All Went Downhill From There!" submitted January 6, 2013

By Doug Hughes in Waco, TX
Overall
Musical Background: 50 yrs professional playing (retired): Elec Gtr, Bass Gtr, Native American Flute
Music Style: Country, as well as a mix of other types of music.
Overall: I was searching for a new Tascam 2488neo when I stumbled upon the Tascam DP24. To my dismay, I discovered that the Tascam 2488neo was no longer available, so I bought the DP24. At first, I was impressed by the DP24's colorful display and buttons, etc. It all went down hill from there! The first thing that turned me off was the flimsy CD inject/eject mechanism. It was a real drag when, with a great amount of difficulty, I tried to put a CD on it. At first I thought it was utterly impossible, but after 5 minutes of wiggling it around and cursing it... I finally succeeded. It never got easier with use. Everything was looking pretty good after that, until I experienced the SD Card. I'm not a genius, and I admit that I'm not familiar with SD Cards, so I'll cut the SD Card thing some slack. All I know is... after my 4th effort of laying down hours of tracks, only to lose my whole project to freeze-ups, I dumped this machine on the first person who wanted it. When I succeeded at recording a project I was happy with the result, but after losing several projects, I decided in was not worth it. I wish I had never heard of a Tascam DP24! What do we have to do to convince Tascam to bring back the Tascam 2488neo... or at least something similar? In my opinion, the Tascam DP24 is a failure. Now, I'm searching for a good used Tascam 2488neo. I will add that I have used Tascam support a couple of times, and I was pleased with their service.
26 of 36 people (72.22%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tascam DP24" submitted December 29, 2013

By Eugene R in Ocala, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I am a retired ex-rocker (Frontman for the Rocker Band, Rocker, and Elijah Run). I am also the author of Dreamscapers
Overall: I love this product. I got to admit, I was on vacation when it arrived, and I have yet to put mileage on it. But I've checked its onboard processors and effects (to make sure the recorder worked properly, and it does), so I'm looking forward to tinkering with it. I have a very comfortable home recording studio setting, so this really is a recorder for capturing ideas. I've been using one of the original 8 track Zoom boxes, a dinosaur, for mixing guitars before putting them onto my big boy board. I final onto a Mackie 24/96. I have always been a big fan of Tascam, so I am quite pleased with the design of the DP24. I also want to give kudos to zzounds for its prompt and courteous service.

"Waste of money" submitted October 18, 2012

By Shaun D in Utica, MI
Overall
Overall: Don't bother; unit seemed great at first but with only light use has frozen multiple times during recording. A few of those times the unit had to be restarted. Upon restarting, the entire song file is now corrupted and I've lost ALL my work with that particular song. I am VERY disappointed !!! Of course this happened just past the 90 day warranty period on labor (parts is 1 year). I'm considering boycotting Tascam for good !
30 of 47 people (63.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Tascam DP24 Portastudio Digital Recorder" submitted December 3, 2012

By Greg B in Stanwood, WA
Musical Background: Play Pro 30 + years
Music Style: rock and R& B
Overall: works well and easy to operate

"DP24" submitted October 23, 2013

By Michael T in Philadelphia , PA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing keys for close to 30 yrs.
Music Style: Gospel, jazz, R&B
Overall: Very sturdy, easy to use...

"NOT GOOD" submitted May 31, 2013

Overall
Overall: THE DP-24 DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THE OLD 2488 NEO. TASCAM NEEDS TO MAKE A BETTER MODEL WITH MORE EFFECST PROCESSING.

When you call, mention priority code 1717-R2ZF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976