When you call, mention priority code 16H7-VM27

Rating and Reviews: Mackie Thump TH-15A

True to its name, the Mackie Thump TH-15A powered speaker delivers huge low end in a lightweight enclosure that's perfect for portable PA setups.

"Mackie Thump rocker!" submitted July 7, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Recording and Live Sound Engineer, Keyboard player, BASS player
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, crossover
Sound: While overall sound quality is quite good, and BASS response in particular is impressive for cabinets of this size, I found the mids and highs to not quite have the projection of my JBL EONS, which seem to throw vocals out farther over a crowd. However for music I actually prefer the sound of these speakers, they have a nice warm sound to them that is quite pleasing and does not fatigue the ear after prolonged listening. For the price, they are great performers, but I think that for the general purpose PA work that such speakers are bound to be applied to I would need more punch in the midrange, particularly with vocals. The BASS response, while definitely there and in your face, is something I would trade a bit off for more output in the vocal range. Subs easily generate all the BASS anyone could need these days. Nice for music but not necessarily for live vocals. This is of course, just a personal observation... Overall these would make good mains in a smaller DJ system, or as part of a distributed system of several pairs of these, and I've had some pretty good results using them as side fill monitors for drummers who like its heavy BASS response. They also make great KeyBoard amps! Ease of Use: You plug them in, You add a signal, you turn them on, What else can you ask for with regards to simplicity? Quality: On this the speaker gets my indestructible vote. The cabinet is made of that molded plastic similar to my JBLs and looks just as tough. I am not encouraging the experiment but should this thing accidentally get tossed down a flight of stairs I don't think it would suffer too much. I would have like to see the knobs on the control panel recessed a bit more though, but as I've said earlier, I'm just nitpicking... Value: Overall I think these are awesome for the price! DJ's should love the low frequency output of these speakers and they surely are plenty loud! Manufacturer Support: I've had no experience with Mackie support, but then, I've yet to have a Mackie product fail on me. Hmnnnn... I see a pattern here. The Wow Factor: In these tough economic times I'm a tough sell, so I will always rate lower numbers for this category than most. On the other hand, I would buy another pair... So there you go. Overall: I tend to keep my gear for a long time, so I'm very picky about what I buy. I bought these for a specific set of applications, which they are very well suited to (Drum side fill monitors, mains for smaller DJ or music only systems, background music system for medium sized halls). I would and do indeed plan to buy another pair in the next few months. What would lead me to look for another product? Probably if this one where discontinued, otherwise I tend to stick with what I find works in a certain situation. Replacing things lost? I am fond of the JBL powered EON series and could see replacing these with the JBL's but I would use them in different applications than I would these. It's a matter of properly applying the tools you have.

"MACKIE IS THE BEST! NOTHING ELSE NEED BE SAID!" submitted March 27, 2011

Musical Background: Professional Disc Jockey
Music Style: Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Reggae, Jazz, Blues, Rap, Heavy Metal, Techno, Rave, Big Band, Classical, etc...
Sound: The sound is flawless both with and without the EQ. Sound Quality garners compliments from my clients. I play all genre's of music from country, rock, & hip hop to techno, heavy rap, & Heavy METAL and the Thump 15's are phenomenal. I have yet to peak them out. I have played with them in banquet halls, on the beach, by the pool, and in a living room and they sound phenomenal. There is no need to turn these speaker past 1/2 volume. The sound is clear and brings to life highs, mids, and lows. Compared to previous system I have owned I wish I knew then what I know now and had went with Mackie in the beginning. The Thump is the best intro I could have had to Mackie speakers, since I have fought the urge to go with the best for 10 years now. I am now spoiled. Feature: Included 12 foot speaker cords. The only minus is I have to use additional connectors to reverse the male to a female XLR on my current cables. I found these, believe it or not, at radio shack. However, I plan to buy primary Mono from Mixer to Male XLR straight into the THUMPS. Quality: Lightweight but surprisingly large and very impressive. I don't play well with speakers, pretty rough on every pair I get. These have already got one small scratch on the back. Have only owned them for 2 months now so it remains to be seen. Like I said they are bit big and bulky but better than by 2x15's that I used to use. Large sound, with big bass. Glad I held off on the sub-woofer since I really don't need one with these. Manufacturer Support: No experience with the company in resolving any issues which I have not had any and from the reputation of Mackie I don't expect any. KNOCK KNOCK!! The Wow Factor: Compliments already from the staff at one venue. They said the speakers look great on a pole mount set up and the small blue light on the front looks cool in the pictures too. A client last night at a pool party asked me about the running man logo. Overall: I have a great sense of relief from worry since I feel confident that these speakers fulfill all of my sound needs. I would love to own the little brothers and the Mackie subs to go with them now. The wife says I have to get rid of about a dozen of my other brand speakers first. Anyone need old speakers look me up because I am on a MACKIE QUEST NOW...
45 of 47 people (95.74%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Thumping just right!" submitted April 3, 2012

By Samuel Castro in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Musical Background: Audio engineer, session musician and DJ
Sound: Sound is stunning. Keeping an eye on the overload light will keep the speakers pumping out the jams. Feature: The onboard EQ is a big help when music is hitting very hard bass hits to prevent thermal cutting. Secondly the post amp limiters keep from sounding harsh and distorted when songs have strong unexpected volume differences. Ease of Use: Plug.... And play. Just ensure cables are snug and life is good. Quality: I literally slam these speakers around.... I love them... But, I do mistreat them a bit. Durability is a solid 10! Only one minor scratch . Value: I purchased during a price drop from the manufacture... I would have payed full list price for these and if destroyed I would repurchase without a second thought. Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Mackie before... They are always ready to assist. The Wow Factor: These speakers stand out well! Constant compliments on look and sound Overall: I have used Mackie products from mixers to speakers for years and have grown fond of their products. These by far are on point for small to medium venues. Yet the overload light does set off early in the gain stage, it's still just a warning prior to thermal... Each unit has a limiter(compressor) per amp to driver preventing extreme transients and funky volume spikes keeping the sound clean and clear and LOUD. High frequecys travel well and bass response is rich and full bodied without the need to use the onboard EQ. Solid product. Solid purchase. 100% satisfyed!!!

"Mackie Thump TH-15A Active Loudspeaker" submitted October 12, 2012

By Greg B in Alamogordo, NM
Musical Background: Sound engineer / Bass player
Music Style: christian rock
Overall: I don't care what any other review has to say about these speakers if you hook them up correctly (I stress Correctly) they rock hard. I have used them in two different 100 to 150 people venues and had people ask me to turn them down. So for the money you cant go wrong.

"A year on the road with the Thump" submitted October 24, 2010

Overall
Sound: This powered speaker works great. The sound quality is as good as my JBL's. Feature: The built-in EQ comes in very handy. I play a lot of very different rooms both in size and tone. Ease of Use: Light! Compared to my JBL's this speaker system is easy to move without straining my back. The built-in power amp has never let me down and delivered distortion free results. Quality: I've used it now for a year and it still looks new. Much better than my JBL which scuffed up and looked bad. Value: For the price it can't be beat! Manufacturer Support: No need for support. The Wow Factor: The system looks great - all black. Overall: A year on the road and it's just like new. I'm about to expand and will buy more of them. Can't go wrong with the unit.
17 of 18 people (94.44%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Will not find a better speaker at this price" submitted February 14, 2011

Musical Background: Part time DJ
Music Style: Dance / Hip Hop
Sound: You will not find another speaker in this price range that sounds this good. No subwoofer required in a smaller venue or small crowd. I have used for a few small dances and parties with no trouble. Feature: EQ is easy to use. Ease of Use: Plug it in and go Quality: For the price, very good quality Value: Great sound at an affordable start. Perfect for the party DJ or someone starting out. If you wanted to go bigger, just add a subwoofer Manufacturer Support: not needed support The Wow Factor: looks good, at the JR High dance I did the kids kept checking out the "running man " logo Overall: Very satisfied with these speakers. Even if I upgrade down the road I will keep these for backups and monitors

"Absolutely Awesome!" submitted September 19, 2012

By Tom Mccusker in Florence, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Play the trumpet since high school, been a DJ since High School as well.. that was many decades ago
Overall: The Mackie line has continued to impress with this model. The 'Thump' is appropriately named! These cabinets are created for that extra bass response that DJs are always looking for!

"Mackie Thump TH-15A Loudspeaker" submitted March 13, 2014

By Ray B in North Brunswick, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: I have been a professional entertainer for over 40 years in various musical groups. I am now a DJ for the past 10 years.
Music Style: All types fron the 40s to present.
Overall: After using JBL Eons for many years, I got spoiled with the sound. Well, after my Mackie Thump purchase, I am blown away with not only the ultimate quality of sound, but also with the design and quality construction of these speakers. They are FANTASTIC. I would also like to mention the way I was treated by the ZZOUNDS staff was friendly, professional, and most curteous. I fully recommend Mackie Thump speakers and ZZOUNDS.

"Thump 15's" submitted September 9, 2012

By R P
Musical Background: 20+ yrs
Music Style: All
Sound: Bassy, lack midrange detail for vocals, 12's are better at that anyway. They do clip, but if you keep them at unity or under, it helps calm the red blinky. For bigger shows, use a sub or 2 with these crossed over and the clipping goes by by. Feature: Onboard EQ is nice Ease of Use: Plug n play Quality: Light, light, and light. Did I mention they were light? Makes for fast set up and tear down. Seems solid to me. Value: For the price point, its a good deal. Will be going with the 12's next. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had the need yet. The Wow Factor: They look nice Overall: I use these for small PA (with and without sub) and cabs for my gtr/bass preamp. QSC is nice, but I can buy a lot of other stuff with the cost difference.

"Best Value for the Money hands down, but if you have a bigger budget...go better." submitted November 30, 2010

By a customer from atlkdjs.com
Musical Background: Nightclub DJ
Music Style: Hip Hop, Rock & Pop
Sound: At mid to low volumes, these things absolutely rock for the money. I have owned 2 pair of them for over a year now. The problem I have had is as these amps get heated up...the sound gets distorted and the speakers don't push out as much power. Something to consider if you plan on running them hard all night long. BUT, these are much better than anything I have heard in his class of speaker and price range. All in all, for $350, I am satisfied. Feature: No accessories, but the speakers do have an optional eq on the back which is super helpful, especially when paired with subs. No 1/2 inch ins or outs, XLR only Ease of Use: Plug n Play, pretty easy Quality: I have beat them up pretty good and they have been okay. Slight rattle now in all of them on the lows, but all in all solid for the money. not outstanding, but definitley solid. Value: You won't find this kind of performance at this price in any other product Manufacturer Support: Had to service one of my speakers....customer service was good, but the problem is you have to find a local authorized shop. Can be kinda painful, but if they are under warranty all repairs are covered. The Wow Factor: Its an avg looking speaker. Overall: I will still use these for most gigs & parties, but for weddings & larger gigs, I am looking to upgrade. I ran these this past weekend and they were really put to the test at a gig with over 200 people. They got pretty distorted towards the end of the night after running 4 hours.
11 of 12 people (91.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Mackie Thump TH-15 Active Loudspeakers" submitted June 13, 2014

By Eric Barkley in Stockbridge, GA
Overall
Musical Background: bass&guitar playa/DJ/ 40 years a musician /DJying about 13 yrs
Music Style: r&b/jazz/reggae/gospel
Overall: They are just as they are described loud,portable kick ass little thumps! that's what i call them and they are worth their weight in gold! i have almost made my money back on these and the other 2 thumps i bougt about a year a go! now i am shooting for the big guns the dual 18;s mackie subs! oh yeah! it's fix'n to be on and pop'n now!

"A lot of Bang For The Buck in an entry level powered speaker." submitted October 24, 2012

By David Deskins in Hilliard, OH
Musical Background: Play in bands and DJ
Music Style: All
Sound: This speaker performs very well if kept within it's limits. Like any speaker- over driving it will cause it to clip and distort. Feature: the 3 band EQ comes in handy from time to time. Quality: I have worked mine DJ'n every weekend for over a year now and they still sound/look good. Value: A lot of Bang For The Buck in an entry level powered speaker Manufacturer Support: Never had to call them. The Wow Factor: It is a good looking speaker. Mine still look new after a year of gigging them twice a week. Overall: I have owed a pair of Thump 15’s for over a year now and I love them. Are they the best? No, not even close, but as far as Bang For The Buck there is nothing else in the price range of the Thump Series for powered speakers. I also own JBL Eon 515’s and a pair of Italian Made Mackie SMR 450’s and while the EONs and 450’s offer superior clarity and sound, as well as much greater SPL’s levels, I actually get better projection from my Thumps. No, you are not going to get the quality of a $600- $1,000 speaker at this price point and it would be unrealistic to expect otherwise but for what they are they do a nice job for me and have taken everything that I have thrown at them. Bottom Line; in this price range ($400 and below) you are looking at Thumps, Behringer’s, and Harbinger’s. Put them side by side with the Thumps and make your choice, I did. A lot of "Pro Level" guys will dog these speakers, but when the do, they are always comparing them to speakers that cost 2, 3, & 4 times as much. As always, save up your money and buy the best gear that you can afford, but this is not a bad option to start out with.

"Surprised!!!" submitted July 15, 2013

By DJ VONDADA in orlando, FL
Musical Background: Mobile DJ, Mix Show Jock, Producer
Overall: I bought a pair of them slightly used from a friend who was not satisfied with the bottom end sound. But he was using them for his home studio in a 12' x12' bedroom. When I got them home, I myself wasn't that impressed either, and had planned to a powered sub. I'm a mobile DJ, weddings, small banquets, etc., and used them for a gig of 100 people and was very impressed how they performed in a bigger open room. They filled the room nicely, crisply, clearly!!! I didnt need a sub. In fact, I was asked to turn it down a little. And as far as WOW factor, I get compliments on them everywhere I perform. People are generally attracted to them. Their very lightweight, and easy to handle, with 3 handles. The eq comes in handy when I play larger venues: I turn down the low end and add a powered sub so I could really crank it up without clipping. All in all, great value!!!

"Great for Home use. Dont buy if using for a band or Mobile DJ!!!!!" submitted November 11, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music for 20 Plus years. I'm a lead vocalist in a working band
Sound: For the price I guess its ok. I use the thumps for monitors. They dont seem to throw sound like the SRM450s. Another thing is they clip at very low levels. If I was to do it all over again i would have spent the extra money on the Mackie 450V2. Feature: As far as features for the price they have very nice features, sleak! Ease of Use: Plug and play.. Quality: They are made of a very light molded plastic. Much much lighter than the SRM450s Value: You get what you pay for. if you are just wanting to add a little sound to ur personal house or to have small parties they are great. If your in a working band or mobile DJ i wouldnt recommend them. Manufacturer Support: Never had to contact them. I have owned mackie products for years! Knock on wood hopefully i will never have to call them Overall: Overall i was very disappointed in the sound. I had read very great reviews on them which is the reason I bought them. Like i said, I wish i had spent the extra money on the Mackie 450V2's.

"Mackie TH-15A gets it done!!!" submitted October 13, 2013

By Les C in W. Wareham, MA
Musical Background: DJ for 30 plus years
Music Style: Everything.
Overall: I purchased a pair of the original Tapco Thump TH-15A for my DJ gigs in small to medium size rooms and reinforcement for my larger venue setup consisting of a 15" sub with 12" satellite speakers driven by 800w . These speaker have performed amazing well with good sound quality and level. The built in EQ works well when needed giving you sound flexibility. I was so pleased with my first pair, I purchased a second pair (now the Mackie TH-15A). For the price, you can't go wrong. If you are performing with live instruments in a large venue, I would spend more money and go for something better suited for the occasion. As far as DJ mobility and sound, these are great considering the savings over comparable models.

"Event Planner" submitted July 9, 2014

By Tommy W in Carrollton, GA
Musical Background: Keyboard player for 30 yrs
Music Style: Christian
Overall: The Mackie Thump 15A are awesome and I like not having to carry a lot of gear around, Having power speakers are a plus and 1000 watts is wow. As an event planner, having to not carry around separate power amps makes my job a little less stressful. The lows are awesome and it has a very balanced sound. It my line of work its all the power I need. Did I say the look good too? Haven't had to use Manufacturer support yet.

"fast shipping great speaker" submitted June 21, 2013

By dave duchesne in berlin, NH
Musical Background: guitarist
Music Style: I don't play music I play rock and roll
Overall: Zzounds is awesome. I ordered one of these excellent speakers on a Wednesday at 4pm eastern time. I received the speaker next day around 3pm eastern time. Holy... I am very impressed to say the least. The speaker cranks. It was considered a scratch and dent but I couldn't find one thing wrong with it. Thanks Zzounds.

"excellent sound" submitted April 25, 2012

By scott m in Homestead , FL
Overall
Overall: This is a great speaker for music that needs great low end sound. Gospel, hip hop, mashups, Neo soul, contemporary jazz sound great on this speaker. I'm a Amazon mackie fan! I would recommend the B grade. You save a ton of money on the speaker. The only thing that is messed up is the box that it comes in.

"mackie thump" submitted June 1, 2014

By bill boothe in opelika, AL
Overall
Musical Background: music for church, and several southern gospel groups
Music Style: christian and old rock
Overall: this speaker is absolutely awesome, it out performs my evs, my peaveys, one is enough unless you have a really large room or outside area

"Great!!!" submitted June 15, 2014

By Mike P in Tracy, CA
Musical Background: 17 years for church
Music Style: Christian
Overall: I completely love these speakers. Great price as well!!

"Great for a small rig." submitted October 14, 2011

Overall
Sound: This is my first set of active speakers. I enjoy not having to lug around my amp rack. They sound great, the sound carries well in large rooms. Looking to add a powered sub to this rig. Feature: Has built in EQ, easy to adjust to your taste. Ease of Use: Plug in and play. Quality: Well built, light easy to carry.. Value: Didn't brake the bank, 2 gigs and they will pay for themselves.. Manufacturer Support: No problems yet.. The Wow Factor: They look expensive

"Mackie Thump Th-15 A" submitted April 5, 2012

By Mark Saenz in Houston, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since I was 15years old, I play Drums, Accoustic Guitar and Piano, Yes I do play professionally, for the Lord
Music Style: I Sing and write Christains love Songs,And I am also a Pastor Amen
Overall: I was really blown away with the sound and I can turn it up and the sound is so un beleivable. I put my I-pod in it and I can sing with it and I just think its a blessing. I would really think if you Sing, this is a great deal. I also can put my Guitar or piano and even a Microphone. So anyway its all good Thanks Mark

"Mackie Thump TH-15A Loudspeaker" submitted March 7, 2012

By a customer from ChrisShows.com
Overall
Overall: Great speakers for small venues or great as monitors. Don't push them too hard, the built in DSP will not protect you, have blown 2 of them already. Horn tweeter blew on one the amplifier went on the other. Warranty covered it though as it happened within the first year. They sound amazing when I hook them up through my DBX DriveRack with a Cerwin Vega 18 inch folded horn. Good enough for venues up to 300 people believe it or not.

"thumps" submitted August 3, 2013

By Alan A in Keizer, OR
Musical Background: professional guitarist for 40+years
Music Style: Christian
Overall: Got just what I expected, great Mackie speakers. What really gets me is the service I get with ZZounds, I get things from them faster than I get stuff from the state I live in. Great staff service every time I deal with them.

"Great Product - Great Price ( Thump )" submitted November 7, 2012

By John D in Lithia spring, GA
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Hip- Hop Blues
Overall: iGreat Product These speakers sound awesome ...............I am about to purchase 1 more today

"Mackie Thump" submitted April 22, 2014

By Steve C in Gloversville, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Acoustic, Sing,Vocals,Bass,Drums.
Music Style: Classic Rock. Blues. Country. Modern
Overall: Great light speaker! Bought it to replace a Mackie 100lb Spkr. Using for Acoustic gig. Works great!

"Im a Big Fan of these Thumps!!!" submitted July 20, 2011

Musical Background: Musician and Dj
Music Style: All styles
Sound: I have been very impressed with the sound of these speakers..They have a big sound ,and have performed well for live sound in my band situation and when im Djing and doing karaoke.. Feature: As easy as you can get! Plug them into your mixer,set the built in eq, set your volume to desired level and go.. Ease of Use: Very easy to set up and use.. Quality: I have had these speakers for 6 months and I Love Them..They have performed better than i expected them too . Value: The sound quality is unreal for the Low Price that you pay for these speakers! These sound better than my old Yamaha's ,and with the built in amp in these speakers,im not having to haul as much rack gear as before..Love Em. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to use this.. The Wow Factor: Not Sexy but, cool looking with the blue light on the front.. Overall: You wont find any speaker that sounds as good as these Thumps, with the same options,in this price range! I listened to a lot of speakers and compared options,price,and sound..These are the best deal that you can get on a quality powered speaker..Period..

"Excellent powered speaker" submitted March 4, 2014

By G P
Musical Background: Full-time pro
Overall: I am using this for gigs around town - for my acoustic, electric and MIDI guitars (I no longer use amps) - I can easily take care of 200 people - for larger gigs I use it as a monitor - sounds great in every respect - an excellent value for sure but, the sounds if excellent, regardless of price.

"Nice Loudspeaker" submitted March 2, 2014

By Richie Howard
Musical Background: Dj and Drummer
Music Style: All
Overall: Nice Speaker for the price. Don't over load them and they will last for years.

"Mackie Thump 15"" submitted March 5, 2014

By Greg P in Ocala, FL
Musical Background: Pro Musician 30+ yrs
Music Style: Rock/Jazz/Blues/Latin
Overall: Great for the price. Definitely has "Thump". Not the same quality as SRM 450 but about half the cost. I use 2 Thumps for live performances up to 300 ppl.

"Sound great" submitted April 4, 2014

By Antony jackson in Wilmer, TX
Musical Background: new dj
Music Style: Hip hop
Overall: Good quality and new.

"jbl eon, makie thump" submitted September 30, 2013

By Geoffrey F in Brooklyn, NY
Music Style: Caribbean music
Overall: Just what I needed. Delivery was faster than I expected.

"the Speakers" submitted October 30, 2013

Overall
Overall: awesome sound, buy them if you get the chance.

Mackie Thump TH-15A Customer Review submitted June 7, 2010

Overall
Sound: CAN'T GO LOUD!!! While they sound nice, they clip really early at low volumes and would not be ideal for any situation really. Also, they experience many problems and the amps cut in and out a lot. Ease of Use: easy to use Quality: ehh....cheapo plastic. shipped in a plastic bag and a box, not secure at all. Value: great price Manufacturer Support: good support tho
14 of 26 people (53.85%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"**READ THIS** Buyer Beware!!! Good price & nice sound, however, reliability poor. " submitted July 22, 2014

By Chuck H in Tucson, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Vocalist & Professional DJ (Weddings, bars/clubs, special events) for over seven years.
Overall: Good price & nice sound, however, the reliability is extremely poor. Furthermore, dealing with the manufacturer's support was most frustrating. The reply from Mackie's local rep took several weeks. Mackie is aware of their product's failure problems, yet will determine it "improper use" to not cover under warranty... then quote $275 for repair (plus shipping). I guess I had to learn my lesson on Mackie products the hard way... and will now have to deal with the" I-told-you-so" 's from all my colleagues.

"Disappointed " submitted May 8, 2013

By Chris Rice in Smithfield, VA
Musical Background: I have been a professional DJ for 13 years
Music Style: Whatever the client wants. Mostly weddings so cross genre and cross generational.
Overall: I am very disappointed with this purchase. The speakers themselves are very light which is good and why I bought them. The sound is OK, nothing spectacular. However, they don't last! I ordered two 15's in September '12 and have already had to replace one. I also recently had a 12 (which I purchased in January '12) just stop working, since its out of warranty i'm left searching for a repair shop. DO NOT BUY MACKIE PRODUCTS!! THEY WILL NOT LAST.

"Definitely not what I was hoping for" submitted February 25, 2014

By Schyler B in harrisonburg, VA
Musical Background: 8 years on the piano, 6 years on drums, 4 years on guitar
Music Style: modern rock, hip-hop, electronic, classic rock, indie rock
Overall: Ok. So I'm a college student preparing to hold a small house party (max 100 people), and I returned this immediately after I tested it (the stand I ordered as part of the package deal did arrive broken though). I tried it out solely because of the price. It was clear that it was not even close to the Old Mackie quality that I was mildly hoping for. In my living room that could hold about 50 people, it wasn't even close to loud enough, granted I did not have a sub. The gain maxed out at roughly just over 12 O'clock, disappointingly. They also sounded muddy with certain rap songs, not to mention there is slight airflow through the ring due to poor attaching. After reviewing more powered speakers, I'm gonna try out the Peavey PV115d instead, but I'd also suggest checking out Behringer Eurolive b215d. If you really want to Mackie still, my choice is the SRM450v2. Still impressed with zzsounds service all around though. I returned it free of charge. They are fast and great communicators!

"Mackie thump 15a" submitted October 11, 2012

By c m
Musical Background: 40 years performing
Music Style: Play all styles, Rock, Country, Funk, Blues, Christian, Jazz
Overall: Unfortunately Mackie has their name on a terrible speaker system. It clips so easily. I've had other Mackie speakers and they rock but this model is so inferior to Mackies name and quality. Don't even think about getting this for a live band or PA situation.

When you call, mention priority code 16H7-VM27. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976