When you call, mention priority code 14MS-BN34

Rating and Reviews: Tama IS52KC Imperialstar

Great for beginners, this 5-piece drum set from Tama has everything you need to get rocking -- including cymbals and hardware -- for an affordable price.

"Loved this drumset" submitted February 9, 2012

By Bret Karlsen in huron, SD
Musical Background: beginner drummer
Music Style: all kinds of rock
Overall: I have had this drumset for about three weeks now and I love it. I did alot of research on the best beginner to intermidiate kit and decided on this one. I am extremely satisfied with the quality. The heads and cymbals arent pro quality but for a beginner they are great. The value was great since it comes with everything you need except for drumsticks.

"Great kit " submitted July 20, 2012

By Dakota Yarnall in Tonganoxie, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing drums for 6 years and guitar for 11. I record my own music.
Music Style: Metal; Symphonic Metal, Death Metal, Melodic Death Metal
Overall: For the money, this has got to be one of the best sounding kits out there. The 10 inch and 12 inch toms and snare came assembled and somewhat tuned. The bass has a lot on punch and low end especially with my EMAD 2 on it. The accu-tune bass hoops are genius. I wish all bass hoops were like that. Even with stock heads the drums sound deep and they don't produce a lot of wacky over tones. The Meinl HCS Cymbals are great considering they come with the kit. I had beat my old cymbals until they looked like plow disks. So the Meinls are a great replacement until I can afford higher end cymbals. The color wrap is very nice as well. I have the vintage red kit and it looks fantastic, a nice deep red with slight metal flake. Really sharp looking. My only wish is Tama would come out with a double bass version or sell an add on kit to match.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"worth every penny!" submitted October 10, 2013

By Nicholas Dattoria in Conklin, NY
Musical Background: at home
Music Style: Heavy metal.
Overall: This kit is great for the price. You will want to get new heads but even with the stock tama heads it sounds good. The foot pedal is alright. I upgraded to the double speed cobra. The cymbals are good. My 10in splash broke in 3 weeks but still, i cant complain. Dont think about buying another kit if your looking for a beginner set. This is perfect for that.

"Fantastic!" submitted December 15, 2013

By Chip C in Bremen, GA
Musical Background: Beginner.
Music Style: I like to play all genres.
Overall: Tama rocks! Great kit that I know will last me for as long as I'm around. Beautiful finish, sturdy construction, and great sound. Only draw back for a beginner like me is that the assembly instructions were pretty vague. A tuning chart would have come in handy as well. Zzounds made my dream a reality thanks to their "Pay as you play" option. Fantastic customer support. Extremely fast shipping. Happiest I've been in years.

"awesome" submitted November 11, 2013

By arthur beaudry in deer park, TX
Musical Background: guitar and drums,on and off 30 years
Music Style: Rock n Roll
Overall: Drums sound very good , ive been hitting them the last month.love the play as you pay program . Thank you zzounds.

"Great kit" submitted December 6, 2013

By S w in auburn, IN
Musical Background: I personally sing, piano 13 years
Music Style: Hard rock/metal
Overall: The kit was complete with hardware and drum throne. The heads are stock Tama heads and will be great for my son to work over for a few months, but will need to purchase better heads. Zzsounds has helped me put my son in front of a great kit, excellent customer service. For that I'm extremely grateful!!!

"Awesome sey" submitted January 15, 2014

By Scott G in Roswell, NM
Musical Background: started playing bass 7 months ago, but started on drums
Music Style: Rock, Heavy Metal
Overall: the drum kit is a excelent set for starters or pepole who are getting back to playing drums, the drums sound great , the cymbals are not so good sounding. but overall awesome set..

"Tama accoustic drums" submitted June 27, 2014

By John Herron in White Deer, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Drummer for 30 years, guitar for 8 years, jam at home with friends or radio
Music Style: rock, blues, country
Overall: easy to assemble, fast delivery, very good sound for an awesome price

"Tama drums" submitted December 3, 2013

By Larry W in Mesquite, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Pro, been playing guitar and drums since I was 9, I am 53 now and music is a full time caraer now.
Music Style: Classic rock mostly and originals.
Overall: overall, not what I anticipated. I spent several hundred dollars replacing heads, snares, getting gel or rings for the drums. The throne had to be replaced, the high hat clutch is sticky, the bass pedal had to be replaced as well/ The cymbals were great though. Stands are decent. But, I am using these as a replacement set. I sold my DWs. Too expensive to take out too bulky and hard to set up and store. Had to clean them after every gig, due to dust and smoke.

When you call, mention priority code 14MS-BN34. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976