When you call, mention priority code 1588-27Q3

Rating and Reviews: Takamine 12-String Jumbo

Step up your sound with the Takamine EG523SC-12. The EG523SC-12 features a solid Spruce top, flamed Maple back and sides, and a great-sounding TK40 preamp.

Overall

"IF you want a 12 string acoustic electric ,look no further.For the sound and craftmenship this guitar is priced right. Go ahead" submitted July 5, 2011

Musical Background: singer,song writer
Music Style: rock, blues , country
Sound: The guitar sings along with me.With or without the amp it sounds great. I play live and record with it. top shelf!!! Ease of Use: Easy ,wonderful Quality: I play it every day and i'm not easy with the guitar and it keeps on singing as I play it! Value: bottom line the price was right!!! The Wow Factor: It looks great!! Overall: For a very long time. I am spoiled and do not play my other guitars

"Guality,looks,playability........enjoy a takamine!" submitted January 11, 2012

Musical Background: 45 years at home
Music Style: country and blues and folk
Sound: I bought the eg523sc12 the first of Jan.I played it at guitar center and had to have it.this is the sweetest sounding 12 string ive ever heard.I use it for flat and finger picking.I use a thumb pick and two metal fingerpicks,and it sounds like angels singing.the sound is simply mind boggling.normally I play it plugged in,but its great unplugged as well.also,it is easy to fret and has a nice wide neck.I play alone in my music room and use an ibanez t20 amp which is fine for me.I have a takamine tnv340s 6string also.with these two amazing guitars,I'm set for life.I'm 56 years old and haven't played seriously in30 years.thank God I'm playing again, on two of the best guitars ever made. Feature: The tuner is not the best but I can live with that.the flamed.maple is beautiful,even though its not solid wood,but it should late a lifetime.most good guitars without solid construction will last a long time if you take care of them.the electronics are fine with the deception of the tuner.fingerboard is great for a guitar in this price range. Ease of Use: Extremely player friendly,if you can play a 6 string, you can play this.easy,easy comfortable 12 string Quality: I bought my guitar brand new at guitar center Jan. 5,2012, and it was made in 2010, I know this by the serial number.the dummies at tc had no clue. Anyway,it has been sitting awhile now and the neck is straight and the body is flawless.beautiful workmanship.beautiful guitar. Value: Go and compare with the others top brands,and for $750 or less,see what you get. Its a no-brainer for me.takemine has it all.sound,looks, and playability. Manufacturer Support: I have a great. Takamine 6 string that I wouldn't trade for the world,and I really believe they put out the best guitars for the money.ive played all the top guitars and.always go back to takamine. The Wow Factor: The look and.sound of.a 12 string just makes me want too play Overall: Ill keep this guitar for the rest of my.life.if it were stolen or lost I would run and buy another one just like it.
22 of 23 people (95.65%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"What a nice instrument this is..." submitted November 9, 2012

By Tom B in Canal Fulton, OH
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing off and on for fifty years. I also play electric bass and I'm trying the mandolin.
Music Style: Mostly rock but my tastes generally span most genres.
Overall: I've own & have owned many guitars over the years and none are any nicer than this Takamine EG523SC-12. This is my first Takamine and my first 12-string. In materials, build quality, and attention to detail this Korean-made instrument presents a striking appearance. I found no flaws or careless craftsmanship in this guitar. Asian luthiers have come a long way in thirty years. The look and appearance of this guitar belies its relatively low price. In terms of playability I awarded three stars only because out of the box the action was a bit high for my liking. I have made adjustments to the dual saddles, put a VERY slight backbend in the neck, and added a set of D'Adarrio extra-light strings. All this made a vast improvement in playability with no string buzz at all. Sound? Terrific. Loud, shimmering, and powerful....plugged in or played straight. I do home recording and the sound of this guitar live-miked is stunning. Some nice "extras" are the unusual MOP/abalone inlays and the abalone sound hole trim. I have seen ALL abalone inlays and frankly I wasn't impressed with the look. A nice touch here. Something else I noticed (on my copy at least) is the VERY dark rosewood fretboard which I love. At first glance in certain light it could almost pass as ebony. A note of caution regarding those saddle mods; those saddles are an unusual design because of the integration with the Takamine bridge PUP design. They fit into a metal U-channel and come out very easily which is good. The saddles are "stepped" so you need to be careful because if you screw up I'm not sure how easy it would be to find these saddles and a straight-bottomed one will not work.

"pawn shop find" submitted June 13, 2012

By a customer from yahoo.com in Everett, WA
Overall
Musical Background: playing for 48 years. Did play professionally in the 70's. Also have several Strats that are my favorites.
Music Style: Blues, Southern Rock, Country, Dylan style Folk
Overall: I purchased my EG523-SC-12 for a paltry $208 at a pawn shop. I knew as soon as I saw it I would buy it. Then I saw the price and wished he had half a dozen more. It is in flawless condition and plays like a chorus of angels. This guitar may well be the best 12 string I have ever owned, and I have owned several. THe accompanying electronics are simply a plus. It sounds great coming through my little Marshall 40-watt practise amp. A fine guitar I well never part with.

"Takamine EG523SC-12 12 String Jumbo" submitted February 2, 2012

By Daryl W in Herrin, IL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing the guitar 46 years. I also play Bass, 5 string Banjo and Keyboard
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues, Christian
Overall: The quality and sound of this guitar is great. The sound is full and rich and it sounds great unplugged also. The finish on this instrument is flawless. It is easy to play and the action is just right. If you are looking for a great acoustic/electric 12 string you need look no further than this instrument.

"Looking for great sound under 750.00? This one will get the job done and then some." submitted April 19, 2006

Music Style: rock, pop
The Wow Factor: chicks dig it. Overall: I've bought and sold quality guitars all my life. This is the only one I play now. It has me mesmerized. The sound with pickup or not, is so rich you feel like you're in another world.
15 of 19 people (78.95%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"like the wind crys mary!" submitted September 28, 2007

By a customer from paris.com
Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: finger style guitar
Sound: great neck really its a three piece neck but done well its solid guitar like a guild with the maple there are sevral great 12 string guitars out there the martian d-18 fantastic for a singer the taylor 750 outstanting better for the fingers never tried the leo model and early breedloves and guild .This guitar is a little of them all a good pickup system the mable size and feel of the guild the shimmer of the breedlove and playability of the taylor psss a third the price but well get to that Feature: were are you going certianly not out to the local guitar store to buy a pick-up its too nice to replace! feedback notch filter tunner eq settings i tried to improve it with the rare earth and sunrise ummm not nesessary really nice tunners dont need to replace those no saddle pins no need to get real wooden ones Ease of Use: its a guitar that needs to be played i wasnt sure it would improve with age but holy git tar its nice to have new shoes but it can breath i sat in the sun for 45 mins and something open up !thank you jesus mejes and zooes born agian yes it well open up play it will ya! Quality: you know what day it is dont you its korea guitar day thats right i know crafters is making them breedloves and samick tried out a few epiphones but try building this baby your self shell fall apart first concert night no not this one shes a road worthy companion boys play like the day she was born unless you elga bong your band mate youll be asking for givness telling the judge you elgabonged him a week ago with a old harmony and nothing happened just his head came out the other side warning not with this guitar,,, SOLID Value: TOP DOLLAR dont settle for less dont do it and a-b this with anything more its not like its lite as a martian or taylor in tone with the select woods but how about having three of them instead or one of these and a breedlove(atlas) or one of these and a amp or one of these and a mic or one of these and a .......... Manufacturer Support: better be there when i call which well be ........ The Wow Factor: like a women with ripe pipen apples and nipples to boot shes a cute one seriously a good looker! i got it ! lusted and everything Overall: no you cant have get your own

When you call, mention priority code 1588-27Q3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976