When you call, mention priority code 176N-4FH2

For delivery by New Year's Eve, order by 2pm EST Monday, Dec 29th with 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Takamine EG523sc Jumbo

The Takamine EG523SC offers warm, full-bodied tone. The Takamine EG523SC features a TK4NT preamp and a solid Spruce top for a great sound.

"Awsome Guitar" submitted February 27, 2012

By Jeffrey in Auburndale, FL
Musical Background: 5 YEARS. ACOUSTIC AND ELECTRIC GUITAR
Music Style: Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Blues.
Overall: My first acoustic guitar purchase thats not made in the USA. I have 3 Martins and 1 Taylor. I must say, I am very impressed with this guitar. It was set up perfectly right out of the box. It comes with Diaddario strings so theres no need to change them. Just unpack it , tune it , and thats it. The guitar sounds great plugged in or unplugged. The electronic tuner is great and the electronics are easy to use. There are many well known musicians that use Takimine guitars. This guitar is a quality instrument.

"For the money it's a fantastic value that will keep you chugging away on those old chords." submitted November 22, 2011

Overall
Music Style: this and that.
Sound: It's a little stiff right out of the box but seems to have the potential to age into a nice sounding acoustic. It has some balls though. Good projection. Feature: It's a pretty guitar. The abalone was done well. I can see a couple places where they could of set it a little better but all in all its a very pretty blond. the wood seems good. Like I said tons of projection. Ease of Use: the strings are super high and i will need to get a pro set up. I played around a little bit but still didn't lower it enough for a real smooth playing experience. Beyond my comfort zone of messing with guitars. Now once i get a pro set up i have to believe it will be a real nice playing guitar considering how fast the neck feels to me. It chomps away at chords. It sounds great. Quality: it was made pretty well. There is a couple spots on the guitar where I think they could of spent more time fine tuning it. There was a glob gloss by the fret board. I won't nit pick to much i like the way it sounds which is more important to me. oh the tuners are a pleasent surprise so far as well. They feel smooth and stay in tune. Value: I got this guitar for 500 the other day by using seen it cheaper. For 500 bucks this guitar sounds like a lower end taylor and the electronics are really nice. Manufacturer Support: i haven't needed any The Wow Factor: I would buy another one if i needed to replace this one. Overall: it seems to be made fairly well and it's kind of a tank really. So i think it's going to be my favorite guitar for a while at any rate.

"the TAK jumbo cutaway !" submitted September 5, 2011

Musical Background: 16 years Desert Rain band
Music Style: Jam acoustic
Sound: this guitar is lovely and one of the most balanced plugged in sounds available for the money ! a fantastic buy even if it cost 200 bucks more!!! I love this guitar!!! Feature: yes they send ya all the basics and a decent pack job! the guitar action was a bit higheer than I would have liked but a little tweaking and it's gorgeous!!! Ease of Use: super intuitive pre amp and sounds mint unplugged I imagine if taken care of this will be a amazing sounding guitar for many many years!! Quality: well made product mine had a few minor flaws I guess I should have returned it for a PERFECT one but....I can't afford to do that ...so I didn't ....Im sure not everyone of these guitars has cosmetic flaws ...but mine did. Value: this is a competively priced guitar and a bargain in tone and playability!!! BUY IT! Manufacturer Support: have not dealt with the TAK ppl. The Wow Factor: sexy axe! Overall: a lifetime!

"A Beast" submitted October 11, 2011

By a customer from cox.net
Music Style: Praise and worship
Sound: I call my guitar "The beast",this thing is huge and has a huge sound.This is a guitar for any style paticularly for those who like to play chunky rhythmic chords. I play is a band with two electric so it would be easy to get lost in the wash, but not with the "beast" it can hang.I usually run it through a Digidelay and digiverb, with guitar volume at around 8 and controlled by a Dunlop GCB-80 hi gain volume pedal. I constantly get unsolicited compliments about the beasts finish,size and beautiful sound. Feature: Nice on board electronics with a built in tuner, smooth tuning keys. I did swap out the saddles for homemade versions. Ease of Use: Doesn't get much easier to use than this Quality: The beast has a beautiful quilted back as I've ever seen on a guitar. Also there are abalone inlays in the fretboard and surrounding the sound hole (rosette I think they call it). The beast had no blemishes and looks like a much more expensive instrument. Value: I got a killer deal that can't be had anymore. It's still a great deal at around 7 bills. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any support The Wow Factor: See my comments about quality Overall: I'll never get rid of the beast

"Awesome Guitar!!!" submitted March 22, 2010

Overall
Sound: At first the guitar sounds a little bit boxy (still better than 9 out of 10 guitars out there), but that's because it's a new guitar with new wood. I've had mine for about 5 years now and it has really opened up and started to breathe, the guitar is so full of life now. I have the natural finished one that started off very blonde and has since aged nicely to a honey sheen on the front. It has literally gotten better with age in every way but especially with the sound. When I say "boxy" sounding I mean the guitar projected with authority but didn't have the airiness that it does now. Kind of like a new Gibson acoustic does, Gibsons have to "age" into a sound too. Feature: Onboard tuner, graphic eq, it's got everything you need right there on the top of the guitar. A case would have been a nice touch but to be honest you can't be too picky about toss ins at a $600 price point for a Korean guitar, at least it isn't made in China. Ease of Use: Super intuitive. If you haven't changed the battery in a guitar like this it might be kind of tricky at first, the entire preamp comes out as a cartridge instead of a drop in area for the battery. That's a bit odd but I've learned to live with it and from a warranty perspective I suppose it makes perfect sense. Quality: You know a good guitar by how it ages and this has aged wonderfully. That and it's been played a lot, even had a hole knocked in it on the lower bout that an expert luthier was able to patch right up to where it's hardly noticable. Also had a moron decide to try and play it with a quarter as a pick, almost destroyed the pickguard but again an expert luthier fixed her right up. The guitar will last a lifetime if you do your part. I haven't and it's still holding up. Also it's made in Korea, I mentioned it before but I think it's worth noting again. Maybe it's just me but paying the same amount for a guitar made in China just doesn't sit right with me. It's hard to rock in the free world using a guitar made at the point of a bayonet. Support human rights and don't buy Chinese crap if you can help it. Value: For the price the guitar is awesome. It would be a good deal at a $1K. Manufacturer Support: Can't say, never used them. The Wow Factor: I don't know about "sex appeal" but the guitar is beautiful. Overall: Again for $699, this guitar steals the show.

"Quality Control Disappointment" submitted April 23, 2012

By Greg Santa Maria in Sioux Falls, SD
Overall
Musical Background: 30 year player, play acoustic and electric guitar - have played in bands, not playing professionally now
Music Style: Classic rock, electric blues, acoustic delta style blues
Sound: The guitar sounded very nice, a little light on the low end but very bright and cheery! Feature: Electronics looked nice, tuner worked, never plugged it in because I returned it Ease of Use: Guitar is very playable, and its kind of hard to put down. Like I said before, the bottom end, for a jumbo could be better. But its nice and easy to play for a big guitar Quality: herein lies the problem, Hopefully the finish flaws were isolated to this guitar. Takamine has a good name and I would be surprised if their factory was letting alot of poorly finished guitars leave. this flaw could have been easily fixed with QC Prior to paint application. Value: I think the older Alvarez jumbos were a better value. For a higher priced low end guitar, it should be more well rounded, its pretty, but pretty isnt everything.. Manufacturer Support: Did not call them The Wow Factor: average. Overall: Purchased this guitar from ZZounds. As far as tonal quality, its on-line with other guitars in its price range, it has a pretty even tone throughout all ranges, a little light on bottom end for a jumbo, but nice bright highs. The problem was with the finish. the top looked as if it had been rough sanded but never fine sanded and then sprayed over. You could see the swirl marks through the finish.

"takamine eg523sc" submitted April 4, 2012

By frank douglass in kailua-kona, HI
Musical Background: 40 years playing guitar, a little trumpet
Music Style: country rock
Overall: i was very disapointed with the quality, it is a shame to have a brand new guitar and have to take it in to be repaired already, especially since i will have to drive a long ways to do so but i am sure it can be fixed easily. it is a beautiful guitar with a good sound except for the flaw. the service was good as always and i would still definately order from zzounds again

"JUST FEELS RIGHT IN YOUR HANDS..." submitted April 20, 2011

By a customer from YAHOO.COM
Musical Background: HOBBYIST
Music Style: ROCK, BLUES,COUNTRY
Sound: FIRST OFF, THANK YOU ZZOUNDS FOR YOUR SERVICE...LOWEST PRICE ANYWHERE.. YES I OWN THIS TAKAMINE..JUST BESUTIFUL ,THE FINISH IS VERY WELL DONE, WORKMAN SHIP VERY NICE.THIS GUITAR COULD GO FOR 1,000 DOLLARS AND I WOULD STILL BUY IT.I HAVE A GIBSON 185 JUMBO COST 3,500 DOLLARS AND THIS IS VERY CLOSE IN EVERY WAY. THE TAKAMINE PLAYS PERFECT RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.I HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO GET IT SET UP YET,BECAUSE I CAN'T PUT IT DOWN..IT'S LIGHT WEIGHT, AND JUST BEAUTIFUL. THE SOUND IS FULL AND LOUD, WHEN PLUGED IN IT SOUNDS GREAT, WHEN UNPLUGED IT SOUNDS GREAT. IT JUST FEELS RIGHT IN YOUR HANDS..VERY EASY TO PLAY...NOT ANOTHER ONE OUT THERE THAT COMES CLOSE FOR THE PRICE...BUY IT, YOU WILL LOVE IT. Feature: THE ELECTRONICS ARE GOOD,SIMPLE TO USE..HAS TUNER WORKS WELL. NO CASE OR GIG BAG INCLUDED..BUT FOR THIS PRICE YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN. Ease of Use: GUITAR PLAYS PERFECT ..FROM THE BOX....NECK FEELS JUST RIGHT..VERRY EASY TO PLAY. Quality: THIS IS VERY WELL MADE, FEELS SOLD, SOUNDS GREAT. VERY LIGHT WEIGHT. HAD A COUPLE OF SMALL DENTS IN THE FRONT OF IT...NOTHING REAL BIG, BUT WHEN YOU LOOK TO THE SIDE YOU CAN SEE THEM. Value: YES IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY....EVEN IF IT WERE TWICE AS MUCH...VERY NICE INSTERMENT....CAN COMPETE WITH GIBSON'S OR MARTIN'S.... Manufacturer Support: DON'T KNOW.... The Wow Factor: IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL, THE FORNT, SIDES AND BACK LOOK GREAT...THE INLAY'S ON THE NECK LOOK VERY RICH....MINE IS HANGING ON THE WALL LIKE A PICE OF ART. Overall: I AM KEEPING THIS ONE FOR LIFE.....NO NEED TO GET ANYTHING ELSE...HAD A MARTIN AND SOLD IT FOR THIS ONE...I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.

"Good beginner/intermediate jumbo. Nice apperence and tone but will need some attention to the action height for most players. Ne" submitted September 21, 2011

Musical Background: Advanced Intermediate
Sound: Not as loud as other jumbos but good volume and nice string definition. Good over all tone. I really like the shorter (than most acoustics) scale length of 25". I have guitars with a 25.5" scale and I have big hands but without real long fingers so the shorter scale along with the 1 11/16" width nut makes it easier for me to play the guitar well. Feature: Action is high. I had read revies of this guitar (before I bought it) saying the saddles can be lowered by removing a shim but I found this to be incorrect. The saddles are formed (on the underside) to actually plug into a slot in the bridge transducer in ordwer for the transducer to make conduct with the saddles. I haven't been able to find a tech that has worked on the action on one of these yet and I am reluctant to just remove the 1/32" or so necessary to bring the action down to where I think it needs to be and I would caution anyone else not to unless you really know what you are doing. Also, the tuners are okay but not great. They tend to lose tune a bit and I will be replacing them with some Schallers I have. Ease of Use: Built in tuner is accurate and easy to use. Makes tuning easy and always right there with the guitar. Quality: Very well built. Great attention to detail. Value: I got mine at a lowered price of $449.00 at this site (which turned out to be a temporary price cut....from Takamine I assume since it was offered by a number of retailers). At $699.00 this is a good quality guitar if you want a very good jumbo at a moderate price. At what I got mine for it was a steal and while it's not everything I was looking for it was such a good deal that I will keep the guitar as part of my collection. Manufacturer Support: Not easy to contact Takamine or it's importer for information on things like adjusting the action. They refer you to "Authorized Repair Stations" but many of those listed say they are not factory repair stations and few have actual experience with this model in particular. The Wow Factor: Mine is in natural and I love the flame maple back and sides. I have a Larrivee D-09 in flame maple and I am partial to the sound and look of maple. Overall: I will suppliment this guitar with another dreadnaught. I am looking for a rosewood back/sides dreadnaught with a 24.75" scale.

When you call, mention priority code 176N-4FH2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976