When you call, mention priority code 1757-ZCPN

Rating and Reviews: Takamine EF314SC Acoustic

With a cedar top and detailed appointments, this ever-popular Takamine acoustic-electric combines classic dreadnought tone and style with modern electronics.

"cant put it down!!! AMAZING action on this guitar!" submitted August 30, 2005

Music Style: Acoustic/classical guitar
Sound: the sound is absolutely perfect.... the built in tuner gets the strings in perfect harmony with one another, better than any other tuner i have ever used! And not to mention the action on this guitar is insane! it feels like an electric! you can hammer and pull off to your hearts content without even trying. you cant go wrong with this guitar.... best acoustic i have ever heard/owned. D'darrio strings sound best on this guitar.... oh and dont forget about the amazing look/shine this guitar has with the glossy black/white enamel border/pearl type enlays. Feature: the built in mic is amazing... plug it into an accoustic amp and you sound like a god! hehe the built in tuner is verrrrrry precise aswell. couldnt ask for more Quality: one minor buzz on D string, 3rd fret... but easily avoided by putting a little more pressure. other than that, quality is amazingly high. nothing but the best from takamine... all their guitars are HAND built. Value: easily stands up to a Martin D28.... i actually like the sound more! DEFFINATLEY worth the price.... could charge $500 more and still sell the guitar. trust me, this guitar is it. Manufacturer Support: easy to get in touch with... very polite. The Wow Factor: very nice classic dred style.... white border with 3 very tiny black stripes following the border. very sharp looking guitar. Overall: love it. cant say anything more aobut it. this is the guitar to have if you cant afford to drop $4K on a martin..... absolutely amazing guitar.

"Takamine EF341SC, The Greatest Guitar Money Can Buy! Period!!!!" submitted December 7, 2008

Musical Background: Active Musician, Teacher
Music Style: Country, Rock, Blues, Bluegrass
Sound: This is definetly the best sounding acoustic/electric guitar in todays market. I have played well over 30 different guitars, and not one can compare or even come anywhere close to the EF341SC. The price, A STEAL!!! The sound, AMAZING!!!! Feature: Well what can I say, everything from the Tuning knobs to the bridge, the body, the finish, everything, perfect perfect perfect!!! Ease of Use: Great neck, easy playability. Great for instrumental fingerpicking, as well as up beat flatpicking. ITS AWESOME!! Quality: This is the finest made guitar you can buy, in the world! Value: Great price for an amazing guitar!! Manufacturer Support: Never had to call them, so how I say that is been anything less than perfect! The Wow Factor: This is a beautiful guitar, the crem da la crem of all guitars! Overall: I will have this guitar as my number one forever!

"great guitar and a great value. You will not be sorry." submitted September 26, 2011

Music Style: Rock, Country, Classic Rock
Sound: I've played a great number of guitars and it took me two months to decide between a martin, taylor, guild, breedlove and the takamine. Needless to say i rolled with the tak. I actually bought a factory blemish from zzounds.com for a hughe savings and I looked it over inch by inch. I finally had to take it to my guitar guy for him to look at. He did find the blemish which 99.9% of the guitar players in the would never even find. Feature: the D'Addario strings that came with it didn't sound brilliant for very long when i got it. No telling how long they have been on the guitar before it shipped. The case that came with it is just great looking. Ease of Use: This guitar plays extremely well out of the box, fingers great and doesn't have a buzz anywhere on the fret board. Quality: I bought the blemished stock at a real hughe discount and what an incredible deal. If my guitar guy wouldn't have pointed out the blemish I would have never found it myself and I've been playing and around guitars for 35 years. Value: this guitar is a great deal and you will not be sorry. Manufacturer Support: Have never had to call with any issues!!! which is a good thing. The Wow Factor: this is one beautiful guitar. I've always had a gloss or satin finished wood and when i saw this guitar on tv i just said wow! Overall: I've have this guitar the rest of my natural life.

"This Black Box Rocks" submitted May 29, 2011

By a customer from windstream.net
Musical Background: Active local musician, former road warrior
Music Style: Alt Rock
Sound: This box has a great warm, but stinging sound. Cuts through vocals and is a presence in the PA. We do a few unplugged shows to compliment our full band show and I got, "Man, that acoustic sounds good!", the first time out with it. It's a workhorse. Feature: I don't know if they're "the best" or not, but they work and do what they're supposed to do. No problems. Ease of Use: After a trip to the guitarman to level the frets, it plays effortlessly. It would have probably been fine without, but, I'm a stickler for The Right setup. The frets were just a little micro off level and there was a slight buzz on one or two positions. Most probably wouldn't notice or care, but I did. That's why you need a good guitarman in your corner. To make good intruments better. Quality: Not sure if it's the best or not, but it's pretty much an industry standard so that's cool with me. So far, it's been absolutely great. Value: It's much better than paying $2000+ for something that is really not that much better, playing wise. The Taylors and Gibsons may be dressed up more, but it's hard to justify another grand or more for ornate MOP inlays and fancy binding. Manufacturer Support: Don't know... haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: The black box is a beauty. Would like to see it in an antique burst like it's older, more expensive brother and it's cheaper siblings. Then it would be sexy. Kinda plain jane now, but in a cool black fashion. C'mon Taka... give us an option on the finish. Overall: If it were to suddenly get snatched up by aliens, I'd get another one.

"BEAUTY! PLEASE DONT STEP ON IT" submitted June 26, 2006

Overall
Sound: deepest sound i have ever heard with a guitar that i own Feature: built in tuner is the lazy man's friend Quality: beautiful The Wow Factor: this thing is the sexiest guitar ever keep it in good condition with the black shine and dont step on it *cries* Overall: this is an excellent guitar, i love playing it every day, it has gotten me back into music and the guitar, i stepped on it, and needded it to be structurally fixed, and sounds better than it ever did

"Great guitar for the price." submitted September 27, 2010

Music Style: Folk, Fingerstyle
Sound: Action out of the box is great. As some others have stated, it's strong point is an acoustic electric. Great sound and action. Some minor cosmetic issues that I have seen on more expensive guitars as well. I would recommend the guitar as a great 1st or 2nd guitar. Ease of Use: Setup was great out of the case Quality: I found some very light scratches that will polish out. To be expected on a black guitar. Much easier to see a blemish or anything on black finishes. Value: Yes, It is worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Quick to reply to email question on the product

"Ebony beauty that sounds and plays as good as it looks!" submitted July 7, 2005

By a customer from carolina.rr.com
Music Style: Ballads, Christian, Blues, Country,Pop, Classical
Sound: This guitar has a resonance that you just have to hear to believe! I have heard guitars which cost thousands more, and if I had the money to spend for a more expensive guitar I would still buy the Takamine. It works equally well with finger picking or playing cords. Feature: I love the built-in tuner this guitar has. Who wants to have to plug in or try to hold a tuner in one hand and strum and adjust with the other?????????????????? The on board electronics package this guitar has sounds great through an acoustic amp, and the guitar sounds great without amplification as well. Quality: The fit,finish,and quality control at Takamine is second to none. You can spend more money, but you simply can't buy a better guitar. Value: Dollar for dollar, this is the best buy on the market. Manufacturer Support: No issues had to be reported. The Wow Factor: The rich black color of this guitar along with the contrasting trim is eye candy of the sweetest kind. A really beautiful instrument! Overall: Why would I want to search for another guitar, when I already have the best???????????????????????????

"Awesome Black Beauty!" submitted September 11, 2006

By a customer from atmc.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician in a band. 40 plus years.
Music Style: Bluegrass/Gospel and Country
Sound: The sound and "stage presence" of this black beauty are beyond compare in this price range. I play it in a B/G band and with the smooth neck that is lightning fast and the warm, smooth sound it is a great guitar. Feature: The built-in tuner is accurate and a great addition to this guitar especially in this price range. Ease of Use: Sound is great no matter what style I play. Fast strumming, flatpicking, or even fingerpicking the sound stays true and resonate. A great guitar for the beginner or active musician. Quality: The one thing about this guitar that sets it apart from others, besides the warm sound, is the awesome "stage presence" and the shiny black finish. You will need a soft cloth to keep it clean but the shine makes it worth it all. Value: This guitar is a steal in this price range. No other guitar comes close to the sound of this Takamine unless you plan to spend another grand. Manufacturer Support: No problems at all and don't anticipate any repairs. The Wow Factor: This Takamine is all about "stage presence" and looks to die for! It is very light and hangs just right for any type of playing. Overall: I wanted a Gibson ( hope to buy one someday to make my collection complete), but this Takamine fit the bill for me with it's stunning looks, thin neck, a modest price. Thought I would give it a try and I am glad I did, it is my "go to" guitar for stage use. When it is plugged into an amp the sound is distinct and cuts through the mix of any type of band.

"outstanding Takamine" submitted December 8, 2007

Music Style: BLUES
Sound: It is without the best sounding guitar I have ever played.And the feel of the neck is ecceptional it is a perfact fit and I love the 4 band EQ with the exciter Mike Johnson Kentucky

"Home player in Acoustic Heaven." submitted December 3, 2004

Musical Background: Hobbyist, some club shows years ago
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative Rock
Sound: Sound is why I bought this guitar. I sat in the my local music store and picked and strummed absolultely everything on the wall. There were some very nice sounding Martins but, surprisingly, the Fenders were doing nothing for me. This guitar has the fullest sound. Rich, airy bottom end and very crisp, clear highs. I'm speaking strictly acoustic here, never got around to pluggin it in as this was secondary for me. Price was not an issue except that I was not about to drop 3 grand on an acoustic. I paid just under a thou for it but bottom line: it sounded much fuller than anything else in the store. Feature: The only feature on this would be the electric side of it and associated controls. They are intuitive enough though the "exciter" circuit may not be. just fiddle with it a tad and you'll see it's like pushing up the preamp on your amplifier. It ups the sensitivity of the pickup and I found it very useful and a nice control to have. I think this guitar should have a strap button on the neck heel so I put one there. Other folks like to tie their strap off at the neck. Not me. Quality: Absolutely no issues. Nothing loose or installed poorly. Value: I feel like I'd have preferred to spend a bit less but who wouldn't? I'm not real smart on what's required to build a quality acoustic but if its anywhere near $750, plus the typical $200 for an integrated on-board transducer pickup system then I guess I got my money's worth. Manufacturer Support: No dealings needed. The Wow Factor: If there was another guitar in the shop that was, maybe, a tad better sounding or playing then I'd have a tough choice to make because I really liked that this guitar was black. There is, to me, a huge coolness to black acoustics. Or maybe it is that natural acoustics are so bland. Either way, this guitar draws my eye which, in turn, draws my hand and the sound quality rewards me for picking it up. Overall: I've been asked this before. My favorite guitar company, whose products I collect, also makes acoustic-electrics but I know nothing about them and never will. When you really have what you want/need, you just don't look anymore. I don't gig with it so, short of a flood or tornado taking it out, I'll be buried with this guitar in my coffin.

When you call, mention priority code 1757-ZCPN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976