When you call, mention priority code 15ZK-3SJ3

Rating and Reviews: Steinberg UR824 USB Audio

This one-rack-space 96 kHz/24-bit USB interface gives you tons of I/O: eight mic preamps, two pairs of ADAT optical, word clock I/O, and eight line outputs.

"UR824 Cost Effective and Great Quality" submitted June 29, 2013

By James C in Tumwater, WA
Musical Background: Native American Flute, Guitar, Synthesizer
Music Style: Folk, Electronic, Ambient
Overall: I've been working with an M-Audio ProFire 2626 for quite some time. It's been a somewhat painful experience from temperamental FireWire (not every chipset works wit the interface), to lack of driver updates, etc.Recently, I decided to reevaluate what's available in audio interfaces. My requirements were as follows: 1. Must have stable drivers for Windows 8. 2. Must work well with Cubase. 3. Must support at least a 96k sample rate. 4. Must have low latency. 5. Prefer USB over FireWire for ease of setup. 6. Would like zero latency monitoring capability. 7. Prefer interfaces that can retain mix and other settings after powering off. 8. Would like to be able to expand to at least 16 inputs by cascading units. 9. Price. The Steinberg UR824 has met every one of those needs and more besides. It also has a built-in DSP chip that implements a hardware reverb with sends for each channel and a common return. Each channel also has it's own DSP-based parametric EQ and compressor called the Sweetspot Morphing channel strip. In addition, there are separate native software versions of both the reverb and channel strip provided with the unit. With the $200 rebate that Steinberg is currently running, this is an exceptional deal. I highly recommend upgrading the Firmware on the unit. Doing so will give you access to more sample rates. One warning though, the updater should be run only with the interface plugged directly into your computer and no other devices hooked up to the USB ports. It can be a little temperamental otherwise.

"Great Quality!! Great Sound!!!" submitted August 30, 2014

By Randy G in virginia beach, VA
Musical Background: Hip Hop, producer
Music Style: Hip-Hop, R&B
Sound: The sound of the Unit was definitely a step up from my M-Audio fast track. The first thing I noticed were the clean presence of the pre-amps. To actually have usable Pre's was definitely a treat I wasn't expecting. I will certainly upgrade to an external pre-amp at some point, but the pre's are so good I feel their is really no rush at this point for me. Now in regards to the conversion, the ad/da converters has a stereo image that puts my M-Audio fast track to shame. I love the detail I am getting from this unit. From the low's to mid's and just from my brief experience with the unit, all you need is very little eq to perfect your sound. Two thumbs up for Steinberg for this! Feature: Their are many to list. But the I/O options are their to route which ever external equipment you may possibly have. To some this may be over kill but if you plan on expanding your studio at some point then it's well worth it. The two head phone busses are a great addition. Ease of Use: I will be honest and say that this is Steinberg's weakest point. I will recommend that you have some type of experience dealing with input/output routing because it can be a huge learning curve if you don't. Also the dsp mix engine is a little redundant. You cannot run the dsp mix while actively running your daw, which in my case is Cubase. The dsp is essentially for stand alone operation. I will say that Steinberg does include vst plugins which are the same that you would use in the dsp mix engine but that takes away the feature of having zero latency. Overall their will be a learning curve to some degree even for Cubase users like myself but good certainly outweighs the bad. Quality: The quality of the parts are great.. he knobs are big and smooth to the touch. Value: I spent $800 for a unit that competes and has been compared to much more expensive units! The sound I am getting is enough values for me to say this is well worth the money. Manufacturer Support: I will also note that Steinberg has done away with their regular tech support calling. and if you need to speak to a tech support agent .. You will have to send an email to then schedule a telephone call back. I think Steinberg should rethink this method and bring back open tech support. The Wow Factor: The unit is great sounding at a great price point. As with any pro gear.. you pretty much get what you pay for !!! I am wow'd Overall: I was in the process of upgrading my studio and was comparing several units that would fit my needs. I narrowed my choices to the UR824 & RME babyface. I simply made my decision based on the Cubase integration which is why I went with the UR824. I am glad I made the choice overall.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZK-3SJ3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976