When you call, mention priority code 1585-M966

Rating and Reviews: Squier Vintage Jazz Bass

The Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass features a pro build and great sound. With a black-bound neck and natural finish, the Vintage Modified Jazz Bass rocks.

"A Great Bass for Under 3 Bills !!" submitted March 18, 2007

By a customer from houston.rr.com
Musical Background: Weekend Musician very busy
Music Style: country/rock/blues/cajun/Tex-Mex
Sound: The Duncan Design pick ups are pretty hot for just being passive.I am able to coax a wide variety of sounds out of this bass,from the familiar Jazz Bass growl to a Precision tone to an almost Rickenbacker-like tone with a lot of treble & punch.It's all just finding the right combination of p/u volumes & tone control,but it's a very clean sounding bass,even with factory strings.I've read several reviews where people have changed them & gotten a better sound.Slap it,finger it or pick it,it's all good. Feature: There are no special features,it's a straight forward bass guitar.It would have been nice to include a gig bag as another reviewer suggested,but at under $300,I can afford to buy a "real" case for it. All materials & components are tight,solid & work flawlessly out of the box.I really like the maple neck & the body is very solid as well.It has the weight of a much more expensive instrument.Also I wish they had a 5 string version. Ease of Use: It's a bass guitar,either you know how to play it or you don't.There is no manual,you have two pick up volume controls & a tone control. The reason I gave it a 9 is because like other reviewers,I found the string action to be a little high,but not unplayable.This may discourage a person if they are just learning on this bass,but it's something that can be adjusted.Do it yourself if you know what you doing or most guitar shops in my area will do a complete set-up for $30-$40. Quality: This is a solid bass,the one I got was pretty much perfect,except one of the tuning keys is a little loose,but it doesn't cause it to go out of tune.Nice finish,very smooth,fret work is good,all knobs tight & smooth.The chrome parts are plated so after a few years of steady gigging they may start to look funky,but that's just a guess.(I plan to take it to most of my gigs,I always take 2 basses.)The binding on the neck is really nice so I wish the "block inlays" weren't just painted on,but hey for under 3 bills...and from the stage it looks like inlays.The quality control seems to be pretty good from the factory.Overall it's a very well made instrument for the money & would be a solid performer for any gigging musician. Value: For the money,you are not going to find a more solid or better sounding bass.I'd say after getting my hands on it,if I'd paid $400 or more for it I'd still be satisfied. Manufacturer Support: No problems,but I figure it a division of Fender so I trust the support would be satisfactory. The Wow Factor: This is a solid bass,the one I got was pretty much perfect,except one of the tuning keys is a little loose,but it doesn't cause it to go out of tune.Nice finish,very smooth,fret work is good,all knobs tight & smooth.The chrome parts are plated so after a few years of steady gigging they may start to look funky,but that's just a guess.(I plan to take it to most of my gigs,I always take 2 basses.)The binding on the neck is really nice so I wish the "block inlays" weren't just painted on,but hey for under 3 bills...and from the stage it looks like inlays.The quality control seems to be pretty good from the factory.Overall it's a very well made instrument for the money & would be a solid performer for any gigging musician. Overall: I'm by no means a guitar snob or someone who can afford high end guitars,but I always considered Squire a starter or entry level brand,this bass has changed my mind.I have 4 other basses that I paid $400-$950 for so this bass is a helluva a deal to me.I've been playing bass for over 30 yrs & I play in a local country/rock band that does about 75 to 80 gigs a year so I buy my guitars to play not just to collect dust.I mainly play a Dean 5 string fretless but always take another bass as a spare or to change my sound on certain songs.I have stared to pick this bass up on a few more songs just because it's fun to play. I don't regret buying this bass & would buy it again.A Fender re-issue isn't in my budget right now,but this one is.

"Absolutely great deal!" submitted September 27, 2010

Overall
Music Style: rock, southern rock, blues, country
Sound: I actually went to a few local music stores and played this bass guitar. It sounded and played better than many of the higher priced guitars from various other brands I tried out. Feature: On the guitars I played in house at my local music stores and with the guitar my wife bought me from Zzounds,the action was nice and the neck fit in my hands, comfortably. You can switch from the front to the back pick up for different tones. Ease of Use: Has a very smooth action and playable neck for people with short stubby fingers. (Like me) You plug it in, tune it and play. Quality: This guitar is built very well. I have not had any problems so far and I have had this for better part of a year. It has been played alot as I now use it as my primary bass guitar. Value: This guitar out performed bass guitars that were double it's price. It is extremely well made and sounds great, especially for all the more you pay for it. Absolutely worth the money you spend for it. Manufacturer Support: never needed support so I can't rate it. The Wow Factor: I like the way this thing looks. But looks only go so far. This thing shines in the way it plays and sounds...it doesn't look cheap. Overall: I was looking for a cheap bass guitar to use as a spare. What I found was a great bass guitar for an unbelievable price. This guitar plays really well and sounds good. It doesn't look like or play like a bass guitar for under $300. I played quite a few different basses at several different local music stores and this thing out performed many of those basses that were way more expensive. It is definately worth what you pay for it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, if I needed it. I expect to use this for years to come.

"Way better than i could have imagined." submitted May 11, 2011

By a customer from libertychristian.com
Music Style: Country, Bluegrass, Cont. Christian
Sound: Excellent Sound. I like it because of the way it cuts through a mix on stage. Being a sound engineer of over 30 years, that is rare, and it is good when you find a bass that will do it. You can get a good range of sounds out of this thing. I like it. Feature: You get no accessories with this thing, which is ok by me for the price. Of course I would love for it to have come with at least a gig bag, but again, that was not an issue for me. Ease of Use: Like others said, it's a bass, not much to say except that playing this thing is effortless for me. I primarily played an upright before I bought this bass. Not sure if I will ever go back. I have played other's basses, Ibanez, etc. This by far is the best. Quality: Excellent. I can't find a single flaw on this thing. It's simple, yet elegant and well put together. The finish is flawless. The neck is as slick as can be. It has enthused me to get better. Value: What more could you want. The near perfect bass for less than $300. Great value. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it, which is the best service you could ask for IMHO. Overall: Not sure if I will ever sell this. For less that $300, it is perfect for my use and couldn't be replaced for that money, unless I bought another one. If it were to get stolen or broken, I would replace it with the same.

"THE VALUE-PRICED BASS FROM GOD!!!" submitted June 26, 2009

By a customer from mygrahams.com
Overall
Musical Background: Never putting a bass down.
Music Style: Prog-ish Christian Rock.
Sound: From awesome, rattling prog punch, to fat, buzzing bottom end, this bass delivers in any situation I need it for. I can always count on this baby to cut through the mix, and LEAD, in the usual style of my band's songs, and also to provide the perfect, melodic depth that I need in others. It's all at the turn of a knob. My recipe for throaty, rich, and at the same time cutting and rattling tone: this bass, and D'Addario Flats. AWESOME!! Feature: A notable feature is definately the strings, they WERE stock, and yet they sounded very good, which is extremely rare with stocks. However, the most notable of all the features are the pickups! They sound very, very good!! Warm, percussive mellowness to bright, raw punch. My only complaint, is that when the bridge pickup is the only one selected (and it is turned all the way up) it's kind of weak (nasally.) Not much, but enough for me to notice. But I really don't care, because I never have them like that anyway. Overall, features are pretty great. Ease of Use: Oh, man, such a thin, fast neck! The nitro finish on it is lightning quick. And, after you lower the bridge saddles a bit, the action is perfect! Intonation is a bit off, but not too bad, and I rarely play high enough to notice anyway. Besides, I haven't had a neck job since I got it, so of course I wouldn't have everything as it's supposed to be. The bass is perfectly balanced, not body heavy, not neck heavy, just...perfect. (unlike most squier p's, and unlike every epiphone T-bird I've ever tried.) It can, if you're careful, keep tune for weeks. Overall, one heck of a player's bass. Quality: Squier produced a gem when they launched this. Solid neck, strong tuners, beautiful finish, and maple neck AND body (oh so nice and bright.) A true workhorse, and pretty much a tone monster. I love it. Value: INCREDIBLE value. Worth every bit of the relatively miniscule price tag of 280$. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had any real problems, so there's been no need to contact squier. Everything is ship-shape. The Wow Factor: Ohh, very attractive. love the beautiful appearance, and the incredible sound. An insanely great buy for any bassist. Overall: Just flat out awesome!!! I love it to death.

"squier vintage modified j-bass (noun) - sexy." submitted October 26, 2006

Musical Background: Musician, Recording Studio
Music Style: Drum and Bass, Prog Rock
Sound: Its tone is emmense. And the slapping or fingering sounds great on it. Feature: Everything that is standard works great. Except I got my own pair of new strings and it made it sound 100x better. Ease of Use: Its easy to play if you know how to play. If you dont. Its just like anything else.. Quality: Seems to be made out of the correct materials. The Block Inlays make it look extremely professional. Value: A++++ for the money. Manufacturer Support: Its Squire, So its basically a Fender. So you have the name to back this bass up. And to tell you the truth, I have never had to call Fender's Support Line. Its just too good of a bass to mess up. The Wow Factor: Oh it looks so sexy and the sound is amazing. For any type of bass playing. Overall: Amazing Bass!

"Great Bass for the Money...beginner or pro" submitted November 23, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist..weekend jammer
Music Style: rock blues
Sound: You can dial in a lot of different tones with this bass... I put half round strings on it & is still very versatile from a stand up bass.... to a jazz bass growl to a trebely ric punch Feature: just a solid bass that does what it was made to do...flawlessly. I got a gig bag & a strap & amp cord with mine.... Ease of Use: Just play with the tones on your amp & the bass & you will be amazed. & try a few different strings... I got mine used & the previous owner had it set up at a guitar shop.. for $35 the action & intonation is perfect. very nice player.... I do see a lot of players replace the bridge with a Badass bridge Quality: This bass is perfect.. I took the chrome knobs off & put Fender jazz knobs on. everything is tight as it should be. stays in tune for weeks for the price your not going to get much better Value: For the price it is perfect a well made solid bass for the beginner or pro. you can always chane the pick ups Manufacturer Support: Never needed it The Wow Factor: I actually have 2 squires.. the antique sunbusrt with toroise pic guard looks great hanging on my wall.... just like a 62 Fender Overall: I'll always keep them one..........such a pretty instrument

"This is the bass for you!" submitted June 19, 2011

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: R&b, soul, gospel
Sound: The sound is unbelievable. I had another bass that I purchased from another site to see if I really wanted to learn the bass. I thought that bass was fairly decent and when playing many said it sounded good. Boy was I wrong and so were they. When I played this beauty, many completed the look first then when they heard the sound they were blow anyway. I now have to turn down the amp at church and on my practice amp but this bass rocks. Ease of Use: Very easy setup. No tweaking for me. Value: Great deal! Manufacturer Support: No problems so I haven't had to contact support. The Wow Factor: Sexy bass guitar...I call here Halle Overall: I plan on rocking with this bass till the wheels fall off...and then I will take it to get it repaired and groove off into the sunset. This is my best bass so far.

"Squire does it right!" submitted January 11, 2009

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Alternative/INDIE
Sound: This bass has a versatile solid variety of sounds. I love the single coil pickups and with my DPS can dial up every imaginable sound. Feature: No active electronics. No 5th string... what do you expect from a solid bass? Ease of Use: I would like lower action without buzz. Perhaps a professional set up would do the trick. But it's already lower than my Peavey Precision Fret less. Quality: It's absolutely beautiful. The inlays aren't real but look real even up close. I would like a minor fret job and lower the action a tad, but most bassists don't like their action as low as I do. I love the finish, the sound quality, the bass feels heavy and solid. I use it on professional recordings. The POTS are great after two years the bass is wonderful. Don't let the squire name fool you -- have it set up and this is much like a Fender Jazz. Value: For the price it can't be beat. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed. The Wow Factor: Lovely. The natural colors are gorgeous. The maple neck is flawless. Overall: Yes, absolutely. Have it set up, change the barb wire strings on it and you will have a friend for years to come.

"Best Bang for your Buck" submitted June 13, 2013

By Brian Phillips in Phenix City, AL
Musical Background: 25 years bass and guitar, hobby and semi-pro
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Country, Blues
Sound: The Duncan Designed J pups sound like a jazz bass should. Not super hot or weak. You can tweak to get just about any sound you want. It is fine for 90% of any musical style you may be playing, except for super dropped tunings. The tone and volume pots are good but not great. A $20 upgrade that is well worth it on most guitars. Feature: This bass has a soft maple body with has a unique resonance to it. All the components seem well made and reliable. Ease of Use: Extremely smooth neck. It is matte on the back and plays very easily. Quality: Product quality is outstanding for $300. I had the pick up screw that was cross-threaded, but it was easily fixed and Squier support offered a whole new pick up if it had damaged it in any way including the cover. Some parts of these a machine assembled so something minor for a great sounding bass for $300 is a minor thing to me. You could easily spend twice that much and still may get a flaw. Value: This bass is worth every penny. I haven't played a VM Squier bass in the last 3 years that wasn't exceptional for the price. Manufacturer Support: Squier support is very helpful. The Wow Factor: This is the cheapest piece of gear I own and no one knows. I have to tell people it is a Squier. Overall: This bass plays and sounds better than some costing 3 times as much. I had to set it up as the factory set up on mine was kinda rough, but that is no big deal. You should set up a guitar to your play style anyway. I gig with it and it has not had a single issue. Mine had a pick up screw that was cross threaded but that was an easy fix. Squier support offered a whole new pick up if it had damaged the pick up or pick up cover.

"Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass" submitted July 12, 2012

By Symphonictank O in Ypsilanti, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar/bass for 36 years (mostly guitar).
Music Style: Blues, classic rock, originals
Sound: Every sound you could possibly - from p-bass to ric, a very wide variety of sounds from simple volume/tone adjustments Feature: Great pickups (Duncan designed). Body and neck are flawless. Action was a little high, but that was easily adjusted (Allen keys are provided - check the box carefully as they were taped to a corner inside the box). A ton of guitar for the money! Ease of Use: Once the action and intonation were set to my liking, it plays like a dream! Quality: The only flaw was that the middle pickup was set too close to the strings, and the mounting screws are pot metal and the heads stripped easily. I Removed the old screws and put in some hardened steel ones to resolve that issue (a 10 minute job). Everything else is on par with the Fender 70s jazz bass (actually the neck is better than the fender version). Mine has a 2 piece body and is pretty well matched Value: This axe is easily worth $500 (I paid $274.99 during the current fender promotion - normally lists for $299.99). Manufacturer Support: Fender has never let me down - their products perform as advertised and I've never needed support. The Wow Factor: Price and component quality are the 'big wow' for me. I won't be letting this one go anytime soon. Overall: Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass (natural w/maple fretboard & black inlays/binding). Great axe!

"Pleasantly surprised!" submitted April 26, 2011

Music Style: Bluegrass, Country, Country Gospel
Sound: This bass sounds awesome. It's a little sloppy down low on the e string, but more than makes up for it with its very punchy midrange. It's just a sweet sounding bass. Feature: No accessories. With this one, you get a bass...that's it. But for the price, I was fine with that. Ease of Use: As several have stated, it's a bass, it plays well, it was set up decent out of the box, good enough to play, but far from perfect. Quality: So far I haven't found one single thing wrong with this bass. I've played it pretty hard for 2 weeks now. It did require a setup, but mostly involved reducing the bow in the neck. Intonation was pretty random, so that had to be fixed. Value: In my opinion, you can't find a better bass for the price. I can't imagine needing to pay $600 more just to get one with a Fender decal on it. This thing is built well, the electronics are great, everything is finished nicely. Manufacturer Support: Can't say, haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: I feel it has lots of sex appeal (for lack of a better term). It is just a nice looking instrument, and I get lots of compliments on it. Overall: I don't think I will be needing anything different or better. This suits me just fine. My main instrument is an upright bass, so between the two, I'm good.

"Worth Evey Penny" submitted June 13, 2007

By a customer from purdue.edu
Musical Background: Regular Gigging
Music Style: Rock/Blues/Jazz
Sound: This bass has a good sound. After doing a little research, I found that it sounds as punchy as it does due to it all maple construction, this is probably the reason it sustains well, has crisp harmonics and thumps on the lows too. I gave this bass a 9 because the Duncan Designed pickup were pretty staticy compared to other single coil guitars and basses I own or have owned, but they sounded good. But after swapping them out for a pair of Vitage Noiseless pickups, the bass sounds great. It has the typical Jazz versatility as far as different styles of music are concerned. I regularly gig with a rock/blue/jazz band and it does remarkably well. Feature: Typical Squier complaints here, high action, needed a set up from the start..but those can be easily adjusted. My only real complaint is the frets are enormous, and becasue of the binding, cannot be easily swaped for smaller ones. I also had trouble with the G falling out of tune when I first got it, but it seems to have taken care of itself now. Ease of Use: It works like Jazz Quality: Overall very good, but there are a few small knots and dings on the body under the finish that can be seen. Value: Unfortuneately for me, I didn't buy it online at an awesome price of $280, I spent more like $350 in a store...still, well worth the money, though. Manufacturer Support: I've never need it, but my experience with Fender is all good. The Wow Factor: Except for the Squier logo on the head stock, it looks great and it's easy to use! Overall: I'll probably keep this bass for a long time, however before long I'll probably get an active bass with more frets, but I intend to keep this either as a backup or I'll convert it to a fretless. I replaced the $700 Aerodyne Jazz with this, it it is still mopping the floor with the Aerodyne...I guess the moral of this story is to not buy the Aerodyne..

Squier Vintage Jazz Bass Customer Review submitted May 22, 2010

Music Style: rock/blues
Sound: Can go from blues to jazz to rock without much effort. Ease of Use: right out of the box. Quality: very high for the price. Value: very good value. The Wow Factor: gorgeous insturment. Overall: it's a keeper.

"Probably the best bass you'll ever play with this price tag." submitted December 26, 2007

Musical Background: Musician/Producing Engineer
Music Style: Funk, alternative
Sound: The duncan designed pickups in this bass really show off the tone of the bass in a big way... and the tone of this bass is awesome! I'm running it through a hartke a100 combo (Highly recommended), and it really sounds immense. A little bit lacking in the low end compared with the high, but that's typical jazz bass. Feature: Would have been nice for squier to send some allen keys... never mind. Like I mentioned earlier, this bass comes with seymour-duncan designed pickups, and they really are excellent. The action might be a little high to some people's tastes; personally I find it perfectly workable. Ease of Use: Exactly the same as any jazz bass, tune and play... Quality: This bass is sturdily built. Intonation was slightly out, but that's easily fixed. Value: Scratch off the squier logo, and this bass would be worth at least the price tag of a mexican jazz bass. An absolutely superb price tab on a superb bass Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with support. The Wow Factor: Modelled around the old marcus miller jazz bass, and phwoarrr, it looks good. Chrome hardware makes this bass ooze appeal. Overall: Probably the best squier instrument I have played, or will ever play. The price tag of this bass absolutely belies its extremely high quality. I would definitely buy this bass again if I had to, and would recommend it to anyone playing funk, jazz, blues or pretty much any other style! Absolutely worth it.

"If it wasnt for thoughs pesky electrics!!" submitted March 27, 2010

Musical Background: Active Musician,
Music Style: soft rock
Sound: The sound has been grate, the tone is nice and full. i have found it grate for everything i have played on it (i play finger style in an original Indie/soft rock band) iv had more than a handfull of coments of fellow musictions and punters on the quality of sound i have got out of it via a Beringer 450wat amp. Feature: Iv had untold problems with the electrics on this thing, after getting the electrics repaird 3 times i did it my self, and i dont dare chance or experiment with the setings for fear of it dieing. Ease of Use: This guitar is easy to play, nice and responsive. its been a plesre to play (when working) for the past 2 n half years. its only now being replaced as iv managed to get my hands on a 4003 rick. Quality: this low score is due to the electric problems i had, everything els on this guitar is grate, the sound, playablilty, it stays in tune for freeking weeks. but due to the electrics i cant fully trust this guitar on a tour. Value: if id changed the electrics when i had it (as recomended by a friend) this would be a 10. vaule for money you just can beat this guitar with anything around its price, even most basses that are double the price are lacking compeard to the Jazz. Manufacturer Support: i never got to deal with Squire direct, because they allways wanted you to deal with the retailer, and after the first repare to the guitar, and 3 weeks later the same thing happend, the company i bought it off (cant remember there name now) just compleatly ignored me!! The Wow Factor: this thing is pritty, has grate tone and lovely to play. but yet again............ you know what im going to say..... electrics!! Overall: iv only put this guitar in to semi retierment because i finally got my hands on my dream guitar, Rickenbacker 4003 in Mapleglo. i think i may overhall the Jazz if i use it regullaly again

"MAPLE squier" submitted November 22, 2009

By a customer from yaho.com
Music Style: pop,rock,soul
Sound: great...go get one... worth it Feature: solid maple body, maple fretboard. on a squier... not basswood not agathis, it weight a ton and has as much tone. Ease of Use: j-bass Quality: better than you expect. it is as solid as any bass out there Value: maple all around... on a squier... YES, go get it. now The Wow Factor: squier Overall: best 300USD bass there is, not questions asked.

"Maybe I got the one built on Friday?" submitted August 5, 2007

Musical Background: Semi-Pro Studio, Prod / Eng
Music Style: All, except Country
Sound: To me this thing sounds muddy if you try to use the tone to take away the overly tinny tone. I don't know if it's the cheap strings or what but I wasn't going to cork out another 30.00 for better strings. The pots have noise when you turn them right out of the box. Feature: The guitar looks good in all the pictures online but when it's in your hands it cheesy. The blocks in the fretboard are blurry as if they are spray paint under the clearcoat. Also the cheap tuners have debris in the chrome... like a lot! And the tuner post where the strings wind on are cast metal that still has a mold seem in them. I read all the reviews on this bass and I can't lelieve this is the same bass eveyone raved about. Do these people work for Fender?? Ease of Use: Where do I start, I have been a musician for 37 years and played, built , and set up guitars for years. I bought this for a different studio sound for recording. I spent the first 3 hours adjusting the neck and pickups. I had to turn the truss rod about 4 times.... that's nuts! Out of the box it was about 2 full steps out of tune .... that means the neck bent that far during shipping or storage. The neck pickup I had to loosen all the way to get it to budge, it was pushed down into the pickguard. Quality: The worst thing about this bass was the fret work, I could not believe it. My left hand is still sore from the frets. All the frets will iritate you skin but the last 10 frets going toward the body with cut your fingers.... I am not kidding... they are awful. Now in Fender's defense ( I love Fender by the way, own many) I went to a local Guitar Center and played all the squire basses and checked out the frets, they were all perfect. So, I don't know if I got a blem or a bass built on the Indonesian New Year, or their equivilant of St. Patty's day. I could go on about the neck pocket that you could put a credit card in or how the tuners kind of feel like they are going to snap off but it's hard to type with the Band-Aids on my left hand. Value: It's junk to me. I shouldn't have to file and dress frets on a new guitar. Manufacturer Support: I love Fender as I said before, I won't bother calling.... I am just sending it back. The Wow Factor: I admit it looks great on your computer screen but play one at a local store first before you buy. I thought I could trust the Fender name but not in this case. If Fender is going to put their name on this thing than they should make sure it's not crap. Overall: The thing I like the most is I learned a lesson about these reviews. The thing I like the least is it wasted my time.

Squier Vintage Jazz Bass Customer Review submitted December 20, 2006

Overall
Sound: this bass is the best bass that squier has come out with yet! The pickups are top notch quality for the amount of money invested, and the tone of the bass fits all genres of music. if you play alot of pops, and hammer-ons this bass is definatly what your looking for. Feature: the reason it's the "worst" is becasue it didn't come with a case of any kind. not even a cheap gig bag! Ease of Use: this bass is sweet. the sound is excellent, like i said earlier it fits all kinds of music. The one piece maple neck is excellent, plays fast and looks great. For the little amount of money its just as good if not better than an ernie ball or rickenbacker. Quality: my guitar both looks and plays great, for the price you can't beat it, i only wish it was made completly in the US. Value: Price was great i only wish fender itself, would have come out with it. However, it's still a really good instrument. Manufacturer Support: i've never had to deal with Fender or squier myself, but i've have friends that have and they were satisfied with the results. The Wow Factor: i love it. the natural finish was the main factor that got me to buy it. Overall: FOREVER!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1585-M966. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976