When you call, mention priority code 1735-YB9Y

Rating and Reviews: Squier Affinity Jazz Bass

Patterned after the renowned Fender Jazz Bass, this bass gives you the looks and feel of an authentic Fender at an unbelievable entry-level price.

"Most importantly the quality is excellent." submitted April 1, 2008

Musical Background: playing for 30+ years
Music Style: Geezer Butler, Geddy Lee, John Entwhistle
Sound: Took it out of box, tuned it and played to some Rush songs. It did the job perfectly. Fender strings are very good, next set will be Rotosound swingbass strings. Feature: Giving it an eight because it has the features you need. Ease of Use: opened box, tuned, played. doesn't get any easier. Quality: The guitar is much better than I was expecting, plays flawlessly, sounds great and is as solid as a rock. The pickguard is 3 ply on the one I got. Value: There isn't any difference between this and a Mexican Fender. Overall: Best value there is for a bass. I've been buying gear for 30+ years.

"best begginer bass there is" submitted April 4, 2012

By Geberson D in Nashua, NH
Musical Background: playing for 5 years
Music Style: most metal and many traditional bass styles (funky, groovy stuff)
Overall: simple, this bass is like if u want a fender looking bass why would u say no to this bass? can i get better? super cheap and outstanding everytime i go to guitar center or any instrument shop i always think "i still like my bass better" and i was playing basses worth 500 bucks there, u get more than u pay.

"Looks much better in person! Great value!" submitted January 3, 2013

By Wally H
Overall
Overall: For starters, Zzounds and Fender's website both have outdated pictures! The metallic blue is MUCH darker than shown. The pic here it looks like a gun metal blue. In person it is a nice dark midnight blue. Very sharp and nice finish. Also, in person, the headstock logo is gold with black outline, not just the solid black shown. Plays and sounds great. Definitely gig-worthy. I know it is made in China, but I still can't figure how they can produce, ship and market such a good bass for under $200!

"Amazing for the money" submitted June 27, 2014

By Rathernot Say
Overall
Overall: I got this several months back. It's been broken in a lot now and I can honestly say I prefer it over some higher quality basses. Shipping was quick and if you're going to get it anywhere, get it from here. The bass had no issues upon arrival and on top of all of that was dirt cheap! It's a great beginner bass too. One thing I'd recommend though is once you've had it a little while, switch the bridge. Those stock fender bridges aren't really great, but keep in mind the quality of the wood on a squier. You can't get anything too heavy duty or you might risk damaging your bass. I ordered it off of all parts, just a normal bridge that was the same model but better quality. Do as you wish though. Overall it's a great bass and certainly more than worth the money.

"Big sound, small price." submitted February 6, 2011

Music Style: Classic rock and roll
Sound: Big sound at a small price. Feature: Its a bass guitar. You don't need a bunch of useless features. It does good what it is supposed to do, drive old time rock and roll songs! Ease of Use: Very simple. Quality: Great quality. Value: You can't find a better price anywhere. Manufacturer Support: Have not needed support. The Wow Factor: Easy to use, fun to play. Overall: Nice finish on the body and neck, easy to play for a bass.

"Best Bass to buy for the Price" submitted January 3, 2014

By John P in Anchorage, AK
Musical Background: Semi Professional Bassist; playing over 40 years now
Music Style: mainly rock (classic to metal)
Overall: I purchased this bass and love the quality of this bass especially considering what I paid for it. It is very nice. Certainly a great value and a good playing instrument. Squier is kicking some with low cost basses providing such good quality.

"One of the nicest starter/backup/intermediate basses available" submitted April 4, 2010

Overall
Sound: You have to consider the price point when reviewing this bass-at around $200 it absolutely delivers in spades. I initially steered clear of the affinity line since it's technically a step below the Squire line. BUT, honestly i feel this line is much better. Feature: Standard J features. Quality: For $200, the quality of this instrument is truly INSANE. I have no idea how they can manufacture and sell these things at this price point. This is not a toy it's truly a quality, giggable instrument. I bought mine as a backup to my American P bass. Overall: Great instrument for what you are paying. My ONLY gripe with this bass is the tone pots are kindy quirky. I've NOT played an American J so i don't know if this is similiar, but.... there seemed to be a real nasal honk unless you roll off the tone knobs a bit - or, are they volume? lol. Either way, i almost returned the bass because of this but once i got over this hurdle this bass rocks. Very nice backup bass, for the cash.

"I really like this bass" submitted September 25, 2014

By Jay Riley in Deerfield Beach, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing since 1971. I play bass, guitar, and sing. Had a #1 song on WBCN in Boston
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Country, R&B, I haven't needed manufacturers support for this bass.Just set the action and intonation whic
Overall: My friend bought a Squire Precision bass in 2008 and after we set it up it played and sounded great. When I saw this Jazz bass, I assumed it would be just as good. And I wasn't disappointed. The components may not have the same quality as an american made Jazz bass. But I think the feel and sound of this bass for the price is outstanding.

"Good electric bass at a truly great price!!!" submitted March 19, 2005

Musical Background: Active professional musician
Music Style: Love all music, currently playing current and classic rock and funk/R&B
Sound: Nice range of tones for a value-priced instrument. From the classic nasal "Jaco" tone, all the way to big-bottomed reggae, to nice funky groove tones, to a very convincing slap tone, this bass does pretty well. Feature: It's a pretty unadorned "meat 'n potatoes" kind of bass. Two pickups, two volume, and one tone control, passive electronics, and a really nice neck. Quality: For the most part, outstanding quality at such a low price point. Value: This bass is a great value for the money - you'll get a good sounding, good playing bass for under $200.00 Manufacturer Support: Haven't dealt with Squier directly - haven't needed to. The Wow Factor: The Jazz Bass design is very sleek and graceful. It looks good on stage, and is very comfortable to play. It becomes part of you. Overall: Hopefully, I'll be using this bass for a long time to come.

"Great bass" submitted July 15, 2005

Overall
Sound: The sound quality is better than I thought It would be. Its good for both jazz and rock. Sounds about the same while recording and when played live. Feature: I really liked the variations of accessories. Quality: Made very well. So faar, I've had no problem with breaking or glitches. Very dependeble. Value: Very good value. Great for beginners. Manufacturer Support: The compant was easy to deal with. Overall: Very good bass guitar for a beginner.

"over all this is a great product by fender they should to continue to make this bass for a long time." submitted February 3, 2006

Music Style: rock , punk , old school rock ,blues and my most favorite FUNK
Sound: its a good beginer bass i have been playing for a while and it was my first bass and i loved it. it has good sound quality it responds when ever you tuch the strings. over i just love this bass by fender. Feature: it comes with ample things like volume and tone and all that good stuff, it comes in three colors so there is going to be one to your liking.it a good bass. Quality: its a strong bass i had mine for years iot is still together. there are no lose knobs every body breaks strings. yes you could take it on the road just bring strings. Value: i will say it is worth the money Manufacturer Support: excellent people very nice you can get o hold of the by computer phone just about anything my bass never needed repairs if it did i repaired it if it was not fatil. The Wow Factor: its got me some girls yea its pretty good at that i treat it like my son i love it. Overall: i will be satisfied with this product probably until i die. i cant replace it. it meets my goals. no it never been stolen or lost. i best feature is its rock solid and nice easy bass to play

Squier Affinity Jazz Bass Customer Review submitted January 14, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Alternative, Metal, Drum and Bass
Sound: I bought this about a week ago and right out of the box it sounded amazing. The strings were smooth and bassy. I bought a pair of ernie ball strings but im still using the stock ones because im still happy with the tone they make. Feature: How many features does a bass need? It's got tone and such but thats enough Ease of Use: Like i said out of the box and started playing very easy to use. Quality: A friend of mine has his and he's dropped it , sat on it, just about everything and his still sounds like the day he bought it. Value: Very good for a starter bass. Great buy for beginner or intermidate players. The Wow Factor: I love the look of it. I got the blue and its a little bit darker than the picture and it has helped me get a few girls so no complants. Overall: I'll probably always keep this bass because of the quality. Even when i buy a new one in a few years ill have this as a back up or as a practice bass.

"Hard to play." submitted February 16, 2009

Music Style: Oldies
Ease of Use: High action which I couldn't fix by adjusting. Quality: Tried to adjust neck which has a way out of spec concave bow causing very high action, but it wouldn't move. Turned the rod quite a few turns, until it became extremely hard to turn and I knew it would likely break if pushed any more. Even let it sit for weeks with the strings losse and re-tuned and the same bow returned. I haven't removed the neck to check yet, but it acts like the nut may be actually slipping in place (hence no change in neck curvature). Going to try the next smaller gauge strings to see if that will help, even though I like the original gauge. These are like Mexican Strats: you get some good ones and some bad ones. Value: If you luck out and get a good one, I guess the value would be quite good. But I didn't. Manufacturer Support: Gotten poor service when I took my MIM Fender Strat in for warranty work (uneven, buzzing frets). Didn't fix it right the first two times. They've had it now - the third time - for about two months. I never took my bass one in however. Overall: Will probably sell it and go a little higher in the quality ladder.

"I wouldn't buy it" submitted August 26, 2008

Musical Background: hobbyist/active musician
Music Style: jazz, rock and blues
Sound: Quite a bit of fret buzz. I used a new one, but it still just didn't sound very good. Feature: They're what you need. I guess. I've seen basses for the same price with more though. Ease of Use: It's easy to use. Volume and tone. Simple as that. Quality: Pretty good quality, but didn't really feel very well made when I played it. Value: I might get it if I didn't really plan on ever making anything of being a bassist. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used them The Wow Factor: Looks OK. I don't like the head tough. It's huge and kinda ugly. Overall: I wouldn't buy this. But that's just me. It's not terrible, there's just many more in the price range that are twice as good.

"If your a begginer and want a J-Bass this is what you want but, low quality part is what you will get" submitted June 14, 2005

Overall
Feature: Its has a very traditional sound and the traditional fender set up Quality: I can no longer take the nut off of the input, the finish chips of very easily like from a belt. Very small frets and fret board dents very easily. Overall: you will be satisfied for a good 7 months, that may change if people you know have very good basses

When you call, mention priority code 1735-YB9Y. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976