When you call, mention priority code 14J7-BR8N

Rating and Reviews: Squier Affinity Mini

The Squier Affinity Mini Strat is a great choice for young rockers. The Affinity Mini Strat's small scale makes it perfect for smaller hands.

"The Little Guitar that Can!" submitted August 26, 2003

Overall
Music Style: All (except polka)
Sound: The sound must be considered in the context of "travel guitars". It sounds almost like a "real" Strat, but packs much more easily! Feature: The Mini is s straight-up, no frills axe. Hardtail, three cheap single-coils. And a whole lot of portability. Quality: Again, quality must be viewed in the context of cheap guitars. In addition to some real guitars of substantial cost and performance potential, I also own a Lotus "Strat knock-off" that was made somewhere "East of Eden". I've now equipped the Lotus with a full set of Seymour-Duncans...but it still leaves a little something to be desired. The Squier Mini displays much better workmanship: a more nicely finished neck, parts that actually fit the space they're bolted onto, etc. I think I'll be transferring the Seymour Duncans from the Lotus to the Mini in the near future and then giving the Lotus to some deserving kid in the neighborhood to practice chords with. Value: An excellent travel guitar for $99. This is an outrageously cool value! Manufacturer Support: When you do your own tech work, who needs support? The Wow Factor: What could be more sexy than the "Mini Me" of guitars. Plug it in and kick out the jams. Overall: Given the niche it fills in my collection, I suspect the Mini will remain there until I move on to other gigs and someone inherits it (laughter of the Immortals).

"For $100 this is a steal!!!" submitted August 28, 2007

Musical Background: played guitar since 1972
Sound: I have not played it through an amp. Feature: has all the features of a regular strat. Ease of Use: guitar is easy to play after you get used to the smaller frett spacing and the strings are a little closer together. This guitar is really made for smaller hands, i.e. children, but it is not a toy. So if you have big fingers you may have trouble playing this guitar. For adults, this is a good guitar to fool around with watching tv, sitting at your desk at work, or riding in a car. Don't buy this to be your main rig unless you are a child or a beginner. Quality: Hey it is a $100 guitar for goodness sake! So don't expect a high quality instrument or you will be disappointed. But for $100 this is a great freaking guitar. Perfect for kids or beginners with smaller fingers. Value: For $100 you cannot miss with this guitar Manufacturer Support: ZZ is always there for you. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks like a real strat and actually is a real strat, just smaller. Overall: I am a stock trader and sit at my desk during the day watching the market and playing this guitar (stress reliever). I don't have to worry about banging it on the desk or someone stealing it. I play it without an amp and it sounds OK by itself.
29 of 30 people (96.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ain't no toy!!!" submitted May 14, 2005

Overall
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Metal - Billy Gibbons rules!
Sound: This guitar is great! I bought it for my 5 yer old - and being a Gibson guy and all - ... well, I can't stop playing it! It stays in tune pretty well - need to tune it often but that's what you got to do anyway, especially if you want to train their little ears. Man, I wanted something to get the Fender type of sound (I like humbucker better), and I just found an inexpensive way to get just that - I will use it in the studio. Pickup are screaming... bit too bright though Feature: 3 pickups (very nice output, crystal clean), nice switch, good intonation at each positions. Great finish, I can't believe it cost $99. Quality: Beautiful finish - nothing to complain about at this price. Value: No competition there. Manufacturer Support: Never used - but I doubt you need to - it is just to fun to play! The Wow Factor: I am thinking of getting one for myself now! Overall: This is a great starting guitar for little fingers - I wish I had that guitar 15 years ago. I would play better now!

""little guitars"" submitted January 11, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: semi-pro guitarrist and recording engineer
Music Style: Rock and blues with a few dashes of alternative
Sound: The tone sounds pretty big! The guitar plays very well, and I can see it being a great starter guitar for little guys. I end up bending strings way to far (as I have been playing for 16 years), but would work out great for kids and beginners. Feature: Standard strat pickup selection switch. I really like that configuration Quality: It feels pretty good, but obviously not as good as other standard strats. Value: $100 - the price is right Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use support. The Wow Factor: I can almost see myself jamming that guitar at a show :) Overall: I'm recommending this guitar to my brother-in-law (he's just a kid) because of the way it sounded and played. A nice amp would make all the difference.

"The Crazyest Guitar Ever!" submitted November 13, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: Playing around on a acoustic and waiting to get enough mony so I can get an electric guitar.
Music Style: Metallica and AC DC and that kind of music
Sound: I my self think it is GREAT !!! I would reccomend this guitar for any beginer. Feature: It may not look the best but it is a great guitar. The perfect size to. Quality: I think this guitar is great again. I can relie on this guitar not to give out on me. The great sound keeps on flowing. Value: I think the price on this guitar is PERFECT !!! Because were the price is now it is more affordable. That means more people will buy and play it. The Wow Factor: I would want this guitar over a lot not only because of its great sound but it has great looks too!!! PS: If you put it in a metallic red it would look even crazyer!!!!!! Overall: I think this guitar will last a long time. As I tell my friends, they will want to buy it too.

"Perfect for the beginner child or smaller stature lady." submitted February 23, 2008

Overall
Sound: I pluged this beast of a beginner Ax into two different amps. 1st was a 15 watt Fender and I got a little buzzing I chaged cables and the buzz went away. it sounded pretty good. 2nd amp was a Marshal 10 watt and I was blown away with how this guitar sounded it was as good as my Fender Strat. Feature: No wammy bar but who cares this has 3 single coils and 3 way switching with separate volume and tone. Not bad at all. Ease of Use: Pretty easy to pick up and rock!!! Quality: looks pretty BAD A** probably could use some new strings when you get it home but all in all it is a great guitar. Value: great AX for the money!! Manufacturer Support: have not had to use support yet Overall: My child will get years of good use from this 3/4 size Rockin' a** Guitar. I can't believe how well it plays the action is great and it sounds awesome.

"Worth the money. I've seen more expensive short scales that just don't cut it like this one. Ibought one for my 4 year old gran" submitted February 28, 2011

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Musical Background: 30 years Pro/studio
Music Style: all styles
Sound: Great guitar for the money. I been playing 50+ Years and this has become my go to guitar for noodling around, and grabbing when a tune hits me in the head. My car broke once and I had to ride the bus to the gig. I carried this guitar and my tech 10 amp to the gig. Miked it thru the house PA and you could not tell it wasn't a real strat. Fun in a small package. I admit I did adjust the neck a little. and filed the frets. But it was Ok before I started. Manufacturer Support: Never needed any support.

"vey nice guitar" submitted June 3, 2006

Musical Background: active Musician
Music Style: Alternative
Sound: it sounds better than my 300$ guitar Ease of Use: very easy to play and the small design is perfect

"Plan to buy one" submitted January 1, 2013

By Lester Ube in Lenexa, KS
Musical Background: Been playing music since before Punk came and went
Music Style: Punk Jazz - go figure, oh yes just to exercise the other side of the brain, eclectic bluegrass he he he
Overall: First, if you like Fender style, and, if you don't want to start your child on a toy, and if you have owned several Squier guitars as I have and have found that as expected the cut corners are in the electronics and bolt-ons (all easily changed if inclined), then no question really....

"GUITARSLINGER'S CARBINE" submitted March 29, 2006

By a customer from wmconnect.com
Music Style: 80's Metal
Sound: The sound quality of this guitar is very good. It sounds as good as full size guitars. You could play any style of music on it and it would sound great. Feature: The features of this guitar are the same as full size guitars. No changes are necessary. Ease of Use: This guitar is very easy to play. I have played mine for over 2 hours straight and my hands were not the least bit tired. Quality: Even though this guitar is under 100 dollars, it is of high quality. I really was surprised. I took it out of the box, tuned it and played it. A lot of bang for the buck. Value: Great value !! Manufacturer Support: I have had no problems with this guitar at all. No support required. The Wow Factor: It looks like my other guitars only smaller. It is a great addition to any setup. Overall: This guitar is a must have for any setup. You can put in the trunk of your car along with a battery powered amp or a headphone amp and take it anywhere (work, vacation, the park) to play whenever. I plan to play mine on my lunch hour. The size is perfect.

"Great travel guitar or guitar for shorter people (like me)."

Music Style: rock, bluesy, jazzy
Overall: Was looking for a smaller electric that would be easier on my back (have a full-size you could anchor a boat with) and easier to travel with. This guitar is no toy, unlike many other mini electrics you see for sale. Easy to play once you adjust to the shorter scale, sounds nice.

"dont buy this guitar" submitted March 27, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: just jam with friends and stuff
Sound: its ok but its really not that good. i use a peavy amp with and the amp isnt all that good. all of my friends that also play guitar and that have used it say that its not that good of a sound and that its too small and that the neck positioning of the guitar is not that well for when you play Feature: i got a case with it and i hate it. Ease of Use: its pretty easy to figure things out on the guitar Quality: its not made that well the neck and all Value: its pretty expensive for this Manufacturer Support: i dont know i got it cheap at a fundraser The Wow Factor: its not that acttractive of a guitar but i dont really think any squiers or fenders are acttractive. Overall: so many more guitars are so much better for the same price.

When you call, mention priority code 14J7-BR8N. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976