When you call, mention priority code 1582-1227

Rating and Reviews: Squier Jazz Bass Pack

The Squier Affinity Jazz Bass Package is a great way to start playing. With Fender design and everything needed to play, the Squier Affinity Jazz Pack rocks.

Overall

"Perfect for beginners and great for experienced players on a budget." submitted February 4, 2008

Musical Background: Experienced Ameteur Musician
Music Style: Rock, Mod Revival, Hard Rock
Sound: The sound is overall pretty good, though you get some feedback when not playing. Feature: All the standard features of a Fender Jazz Bass. It came with almost everything you need to start playing. The only issue here is they could've included a better tuner and picks. Most people probably wouldn't have a problem with the lack of picks, due to the fact that many bassists don't use them. I do however and since they are dirt cheap, buying some wasn't a problem. Ease of Use: If you know how to play bass, it'll sound fine. For beginners like myself, its easy to pick up the basics. This bass is ideal for people just starting out and looking to buy their first instrument. Quality: Top quality, solid bass that looks as though it could stand quite a beating. The neck and frets are very good and durable. Value: This pack, along with the Squier Precision Bass pack, are the best deals on the site. Top quality Fender products at an unbeatable price. Would recommend over the Epiphone or Ibanez beginner basses anyday. Manufacturer Support: Never had any need for customer support for the product. The Wow Factor: I personally like the tone and appearance of the Jazz bass over the Precision bass, and coupled with the striking red color of my own its looks are second to none. Except maybe for the Rickenbacker bass, which I'll buy someday if I strike it rich. Overall: Great product at a great price. I expect to use this bass for a couple of years before I buy a fully fledged Fender Jazz, but for now it cuts the mustard. Near perfect tone with Fender quality. Highly Recommended!

"Great for a beginner who wants to start playing" submitted April 24, 2007

Overall
Music Style: any type of rock
Sound: The sound is pretty good. The amp hums a little but you dont really notice it when your playing so i guess it doesnt matter. The guitar sounds alright. There is a definite difference in the tone from other bases. I just started playing so the only other basses ive heard are $400-$500 Epiphone basses. They sound and better but, for what you get with the P Bass, its good starting out. You get control over the tone which is from muffled but distinct bass that can be you get uber sensitive hear everything tone. I guess this is the strength of the pickup... Feature: I give this a 9 because it cost with everything you need. the bass, the amp, the cable, the strap. all good stuff. i also includes some headphones that let you listen to the amp. they are ok, but what can i say, i have Song MDR600s. I take one point off because you dont get a tuner which i would have liked to tune the bass to drop D and what not. Ease of Use: this is my first bass so i guess its pretty good. the neck has a fast finish which i like. its not the glossy crap that sticks. picking up other basses, the neck feels really long. thats my only concern if i were to buy another bass, that it doesnt feel as long as this one. its not such a bad thing, in fact it may make you a little faster for those smaller basses because of the greater distance. i dont know. Quality: i say 10 because nothing has stopped working at all, the whole thing feels rock solid. the paint is really nice, some powder coated bright red. flawless by the way. obviously this is a $200 Squire, not a $2000 Fender, so im not complaining at all. this is perfect for starting out. Value: Perfect for starting out Manufacturer Support: Didnt use it. The Wow Factor: How bad do you wanna start playing bass is the question? Overall: I already know im going to be buying another guitar within a year, but thats only because i know there is not substitute for a fine bass. but until then, this is just fine. like i said, it came with everthing so i wouldnt complain. it even came with a video which was cool, and you can even pick between 4 colours if you go to a store (L&McQ)

"Perfect Beginner Bass!" submitted January 21, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician, Bass player in a band.
Music Style: Alternative/Indie rock.
Sound: The sound is great! Not like a classic Fender, but for the price it's good. As any Jazz bass is, you can get a lot of tones from this bass. Feature: The pack comes with everything you need to start playing bass: a tuner, strap, amp, cable, headphones, and the bass (of course). The cable is great, no problems with it yet. The strap and tuner are decent enough, though the strap can get uncomfortable after a little while. The amp is a nice Fender Rumble 15, great sound. Though, if you try to crank it up to the max volume and such, you'll get a popping noise from the amp, but it IS only a practice amp. The headphones are nice, but the adapter (plugs into the amp, then you plug your headphones into it) broke on me after a couple of times I used it, I'll have to buy another. Ease of Use: It's very easy to modify the sound to your liking with this bass. Whether you need a growling sharp tone used in bands like NoFX, or warm low tones. You might want to modify it a bit, though, if you play professionally. Quality: The product is made very well, to my surprise. I've bumped this thing so many times, I can't even count them all and there's no scratches or dents! Though, the only thing is that it has a lot of fret buzz, so you might want to look into fixing this. Other than that, though, it's a tough bass. Value: Yes, the value is fantastic for what you're getting. Manufacturer Support: I haven't experienced any problems big enough to report it to customer support. The Wow Factor: I'd rate in an 8. It's nothing special, but it's a great beginner's bass. I have one in the Metallic Red finish, and put a black pick guard on it, and it looks marvelous! Overall: I expect to be satisfied for maybe a year or two before moving on to a better bass. I will either sell it, or just keep it as a backup bass. If this product were lost/stolen, I'd most likely buy it again because the individual bass is only 150 bucks. Though, if I had the money, I'd buy a Squier Classic Vibe bass. As said, this is ultimately a beginner bass. What I like most about this bass is the variety of tones you can get from it. One thing I don't like is that sometimes the input gets loose and I have to screw it back, but it's not a big deal.

"GREAT Bass" submitted September 17, 2012

By Iggy P
Overall
Music Style: Whatever style you want!
Overall: For those of you that own one of these Squier Jazz Basses and are thinking it sounds really good and the playability is super nice...It's because it is! I have a friend with a nice original L Series 1962 Jazz Bass and the reason why I bought the Squier is because after playing every American and Mexican made Fender Jazz Bass in the sore(and there were plenty) I spotted the candy apple red Squier out of the corner of my eye by the fron t door. I picked it with my finger while it was still on the stand it sustained for days. I picked it up and played it and looked at one of the salesman and asked..."is it just me...or does Bass sound as good as I think it does!?" He replied ..."yeah...a lot of bang for the buck". The wood and weight and sustain of the Bass sounded most like my friends original L series 62 Jazz Bass. In my case I don't play the Bass live or in a band and mainly in the studio as I am an engineer/producer so the frets may not last as long as an American Fender but that remains to be seen. I like the Squier Affinity ('J') Jazz Bass so much I went out a week later and bought the Blue Squier Affinity 'P' Bass. I compared it with my 1983 American Fender Precision bass which has a maple fret board but the biggest difference I heard was in the pickup. Same dimensions, as the Fenders because essentially it is a Fender. I also LOVE the satin finish on the back of the neck. You usually have to pay more for that.Keep your Squier and love it! Put on a new or vintage American Fender or Duncan pickup and you'll be going WOW! I almost spent $2000 on a new American Fender but didn't need to. Just my humble opinion.

"Squier Affinity Jazz Bass Pack" submitted September 9, 2012

By LaMa5 C in virginia beach, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing off and on for 15ys...I just play for the enjoyment of playing
Music Style: Jazz, fusion, funk and some rock
Overall: WOW!!! I placed my order on the 2nd of Sept.'12, it was shipped out on the 4th and received it on the 6th. I have to say that the tuner and headphones are average at best (Im going to buy a better tuner tomorrow). But the amp and bass, what can I say,,,is GREAT!!! Ive been playing off and on for 15yrs by ear. Now that I have the time to take lessons and how to read music, this pack is great for anyone starting out (like myself) and would imagine that this bass my be a back-up axe for some professionals...For the price, you get a quality amp and bass..GREAT job Fender..I'll give you 4.5 stars out of 5.. (hey, nothing is perfect...lol)

When you call, mention priority code 1582-1227. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976