When you call, mention priority code 1606-S3NR

Rating and Reviews: Squier VM Jazz '77 Bass

Inspired by a classic, this Squier Jazz Bass combines updated technology with a look that's timeless.

""Vintage" Bass at a "Modern" Price" submitted January 2, 2012

Overall
Sound: The DD pickups are definitely an upgrade from any standard pickup. Seymour Duncan knows how a bass should sound. I think they are a little modern sounding for the vintage look of this bass, but they sound fantastic! Definitely high and mid focused in my opinion, good for what ever style of playing you have but I feel they were lacking in clarity on the bass. Feature: The maple blocked and bound neck is the coolest feature on this bass, it was one of favorite stylings of the '70s and I was glad to see it come on something so affordable. If they put a "Fender" logo on the headstock, they would sell a bunch. The strat knobs are my thing, but they do fit the rest of the vibe for the bass. Finish is flawless and very well done. The only thing I noticed is that a Fender pick guard will line up with the mounting holes but not around the control plate. If you plan on replacing the pick guard plan on either routing it to fit the current control plate or buy a Fender standard one to replace it with. The blocks really set it off though. The stock pictures make it look washed out, but not the case in real life. Ease of Use: Its a Jazz bass....volume, volume, tone. The options are endless. The neck is a thinner jazz neck, and having the binding they tried rounding the fretboard a bit. Made is a bit easier on the faster licks. Quality: The body finish was very well done. The binding is very uneven as it goes up the neck. It took me a while to notice, but its not perfect by any means. It doesnt affect the playability, but I wish it was better done. Other than that, it is a fantastic fit and finish. Value: This is hard to beat for the money. You are getting a lot of bass for a little buck. ive played a lot of basses to figure this out: i dont care what the headstock says. the sooner you figure that out the sooner youll be a happy bassist. Just because it doesn't say Fender, doesn't mean it isn't good. Don't be a gear snob. ;) You can always upgrade anything you want on it, but it is a fine bass as is. Manufacturer Support: Didn't have to deal with them this time around, but never had problems in the past. The Wow Factor: It is one of the sexiest basses I have the privilege to own. I sold the first one I had to fund another purchase, but I am about to buy another one because I miss it. That's saying something. It sounds good and it looks good doing it. Overall: I am on my second one because I made the mistake of selling the first one. Bottom line: get it.

"Proud owner of a "Beautiful Ebony Vintage 77 JB Squire"" submitted April 19, 2013

By Greg Williams in San Diego, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing music since I was 10, Playing bass since 83.
Music Style: Jazz, Funk,Blues, and Gospel
Sound: Bangin', Thumpin and Jammin....smooth. Not complicated. I'd upgraded my PU by personal choice . PUs that came with this bass are good. This bass comes ready to play after you set it up to your liking Feature: Features are standard JB features. Various tones can be achieves Ease of Use: Not complicated. If you have a good rig, or amp to play through, you will be impressed. If you do not have a good set up, do not blame the bass. A good bass sounds crappy through a bad set up. Quality: Quality is fabulously, exceptionally top notch for this bass. It is amazing, an it is a Squires. Value: If, Squires by Fender keep on improving their product of basses, such as.they have with the Modified Class of basses This price will continue to increase in the future. This a $500.00 bass, if purchase through Fender.There are basses out there, that have famous names, with heavy price tags, and do not sound half as good as this. Be smart don't be fooled by the name. It is still a Fender made elsewhere. $$$$ saved, you can also, buy a good amp to enjoy this bass with. Do your hm work!! Manufacturer Support: Never had to call Fender on my other two .But..... Yes I called on this one, I was doing my homework on this particular bass. before buying. Very friendly, and helpful. I am sure if I ever had a problem, I would recieve good CS. The Wow Factor: Black bass with Chrome and Pearl inlay is down right, sexy. This is Eye Candy!!!!This bass has curves, like a woman in a sexy black dress wearing a pearls neckless around her neck and Struten' 9' high hill pumps, Overall: First, ZZ..thank you. Shipped on Wednesday, arrived on Thursday next day. This bass has the look, sound, and quality. Squires made in Indonesa, so what. It was good enough for Fender to buy the rights to Squire. Good for me. I have several basses. 2 Fenders, Frettless, and 5 string, and others. This Vintage 77 JB by Squires is right on. Ducan Design pu sound great. These pu, are actually made by Seymour Ducan. I called Seymour Ducan. These pu are made for Squire basses only. Had it set up to my liking. I did research every part of this bass. Body is made from a wood in the Mahogany wood family, and also is used by Fender in the making of their Strat. Neck is maple wood, straight and smooth, quality is very good. Pearloid inlay are a gorcous touch. For $300.00, you are getting a real great deal. Do not be a gear snob, or feel bad when considering the Squire brand of basses.. The modifieds Squires can compete big time, with the US Fender JB. Especially, if you change out the design pu, with the actual Seymour Ducan Hot Ones PU, which I did. In my opinion, the body of the bass is fantastic, the electronics were good already, but I just changed the soul of this bass with a more better PU. Less than a $150.00 upgrade, and still way way less than purchasing a MIM, Japenese, and especially US made Fender JB. Like buying a old car, and you put a new hot engine inside. Save your money, and just upgrade the soul of this beauty, if you are not satisifed. Great bass, and ZZ thank you again.

"Pretty Nice Bass!" submitted November 15, 2011

Musical Background: 30 yrs
Music Style: country, classic rock, blues
Sound: I bought this bass (great deal from zZounds) as a 2nd bass. I felt it was time to start leaving my 1977 Precision safe at home. I was very pleasantly surprised! The finish on this bass was flawless and after a little neck and string adjustment this thing played pretty nice. The "Duncan Designed JB101" pickups are a huge upgrade over the standard Squier Jazz and well worth the extra cost. Overall, a very nice, playable bass for less than $300.

When you call, mention priority code 1606-S3NR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976