When you call, mention priority code 171X-KV9W

Rating and Reviews: Squier VM P-Bass

This Vintage Modified Precision Bass takes the classic P Bass model and improves upon with Duncan Designed split single-coil pickups.

"Hey, a little goes a LONG way" submitted January 20, 2012

By Eric M in St. Cloud, MN
Overall
Musical Background: 12yrs, bass and guitar, maybe some keytar and the occasional banjo
Music Style: All and any, and if you got something new, lets jam on it
Sound: This bass has a wonderful sound, the maple really brings out the bright, and of course it has the flawless p-bass punch. Feature: It's a p-bass, no features, I guess the tailpiece is easy to use. Ease of Use: It is very playable, plug n go, woot woot Quality: Seems very high quality, especially for the price, I see no reason to spend 10X the amount for the little better you get on an american. Value: GREAT VALUE Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I love it is shines, and has class, girls loooove it, and you look better to the opposite sex when you hold it. (true story, ask my wife) Overall: I am in love with this bargain bass. Indeed puts boutiques guitars to shame, and shows there is NO reason to overprice, as this will PAR with any bass on the market

"I love my Squier P Bass" submitted October 8, 2012

By Charles S in Farmington Hills, MI
Overall
Music Style: classic rock, blues, classic soul
Overall: I've played and personally owned a variety of bass guitars (Squier VM Jazz, Squier VM Jaguar, Fender MIM Jazz just to name a few) and this one stands out for me. I think critiquing an art instrument of any kind is subjective, it really depends on what the person is looking for and what 'feels' good. For me, the overall tone, versatility and comfort of the neck (I have small hands so normally a P Bass would be a challenge). Out of the box, the bass had a desirable low set up. I added a set of Fender tapewound strings and I'm loving every minute of it. For those in the market for a P Bass I would suggest giving this one serious consideration and a test drive. Compared to an actual current model Fender P Bass, this one is a great bargain without sacrificing quality. I am very happy with it!

"Cant go wrong" submitted October 15, 2012

By mark patient in decatur, IL
Musical Background: 35 yrs on bass
Music Style: classic rock
Overall: out of the box was setup perfect for my style,the only issue I've found are the frets are a little long....for the money you cant go wrong

"Great bang for your buck" submitted February 13, 2014

By Allan L in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Been playing bass for 35 years
Music Style: Progressive rock
Overall: Recently bought this bass to use as a practice bass at home, but ended up gigging with it. Excellent quality for $279! Beautiful finish, flawless fretwork, and killer sound make this an incredible value. If you can get past the name on the headstock, you can't go wrong with this bass. Even better when you buy from ZZ sounds. Yes the price is the same as the 2 big music dealers, but you can't beat ZZ sounds for customer service and their great pay as you play program.

"Sold on Squier" submitted March 6, 2014

By steve p in pi.pleasant , NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Playing bass for 16 yrs, pro for 3 yrs.
Music Style: little bit of everything
Sound: For me it has an excellent sound, I won't be swapping out pickups, love the tone on this bass especially with the flatwound strings. Feature: the maple used in the build look super, the hardware is fair,the pickup in this is fantastic Ease of Use: This bass may be a bit heavy for the novice, the white body with rosewood fret board version is lighter. either version sounds great. Quality: I have the squire vm jazz bass and have gigged with it for 2 yrs. with no problems. I'm sure this p bass will stand the test of time. Value: these squier basses are one of the best deals out there. Manufacturer Support: I had an absolutely marvelous conversation with one of Fender reps. Great people to deal with The Wow Factor: I think the tone of the Duncan designed pickup was the wow for me Overall: The tone from this bass is amazing, the Duncan designed pickup has a sweet vintage flavor to it. I was able to get a nice low action. fit and finish are very good. put some flats on it, pumping it into an Ampeg Portaflex, I'm in p bass heaven!! Like most people I was a bit skeptic about the Squier name. Very happy with my purchase and wouldn't hesitate to get another Squier product.

"Compare this to a MIM Fender P-bass, but even better." submitted December 6, 2013

By Danny K in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: Over 8 years experience. I play 6 instruments
Music Style: I play many genres.
Overall: I have ordered this same bass 3 different times. I own 2 and bought another for a friend as a gift. What I noticed was that Squier is VERY consistent in the building aspect and out of the box they play very well for what they are selling these for and I'm surprised because they are worth so much more, I own a MIM p bass as well as an american standard p bass. I can say that at this price it cannot be beat. I was a little on the edge because I heard so many negative things about Squier in general, but dang they have done it! I mean there isn't many features, it's a precision bass; has one volume and one tone. It really does the job and it's enough to get a versatile range. Just a great all around bass that's good for gigging and you don't have to spend much!

"Squire Vintage Modified P-Bass" submitted November 6, 2013

By Dwayne Phelps in Ninety Six, SC
Overall
Musical Background: Played pro for 48yrs.now play in church band.
Music Style: Love it all.
Overall: Great bass,out of the box,set-up &tuned.Plays and sounds as good if not better than my old Fender bass!

When you call, mention priority code 171X-KV9W. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976