When you call, mention priority code 15FZ-YLW8

Rating and Reviews: Squier Affinity Tele

Designed for beginners, this Squier Telecaster features two single-coil pickups and a 21-fret Maple neck and comes in a Butterscotch finish.

"Best guitar value on the market today period!" submitted June 24, 2004

Music Style: Hot country, blues, rock, southern rock, 80's metal
Sound: This guitar is simple one of the best for this price on the market today. I can get everything from distorted rock, to blues, to hot country licks and everything in between. Might want to use a compressor with it but even the American made Tele will need it too. Feature: This butterscotch finish with a black pickguard is a classic. It was flawless. The only thing I would change is the selector switch. Quality: More quality than I could have ever imagined for under $170. Get over your ego about having to have a $2000 Gibson and buy this guitar! Value: The best value I've seen on the market period. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it and don't expect to. The Wow Factor: Classic looks, sound, and feel. You can feel as soon as you strap it on!

Squier Affinity Tele Customer Review submitted September 6, 2005

Musical Background: song writer
Music Style: rock, blues, R&B, folk, Adult contemporary
Sound: Bridge pickup is hot, neck pickup needs a little more. New strings really improved sound. I stayed with bullets nickel wound light gauge for that twang. Feature: Everythign works. Quiet. Needs better strings. Quality: Suprisingly well made. Good fret job. Looks stunnign, especially for the price. Value: Excellent value. I own $1600 strats and this one is fun to play, stays in tune and sounds great. The Wow Factor: Sweet looking honey blonde, always wanted one. I actually bought it for my all Fender bathroom. I also bought a $129 squire strat for the bathroom. The tele blows it away! This tele plays and sounds as good as my Fender Nashville Power Tele Deluxe. It's super fun to play with and I've tracked with it as well. Overall: For the money you can't beat it. I got a great model. Just put new strings on it. You might need it set up by a pro or follow the directions in a Fender owners manual to set it up. I reset the intonations after changing the strings, set the pickup height on the bridge p/u and raised the strings slightly. The neck was within factory recommended tolerances.

"Best guitar for the price!" submitted December 13, 2006

Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues, Indie
Sound: I would rate the bridge pickup a 9 and the neck pickup a 6. The bridge pickup definately gives you that classic twang that defines the telecaster. It's sharp, slappy, and bright. The neck pickup however is pretty weak and you will find yourself turning up the volume when you switch over to it. The tone is okay, but the output is low. Feature: It's got your standard telecaster appointments. Note that it has a string through top loading bridge. This doesnt seem to be an issue, atleast not for me. I dont see it having a noticeable affect on sustain or tone. The guitar retains the simplicity of the telecaster design, which is one of the things I like about it. Ease of Use: This is one of the best playing guitars in its price range. The action is set low and the neck is very fast. I have never encountered a sub $200 guitar that plays as easy as this thing does. It is DEFINATELY perfect for beginners, because they will be able to fret the notes easier, and play faster than they would on all other entry level guitars. Yet dont mistake this for a student guitar. I have been playing for 12 years and own a gibson les paul that costs 10 times what this guitar costs, yet this guitar is still a vital part of my collection. I like it because it's very lightweight, and I can travel with it and not worry if it gets scratched and loses a few hundred bucks in value. Quality: Negatives: Cheap singe ply pickguard Unfinished neck Plastic input jack plate Positives: Beautiful finish Fast smooth neck Good quality tuners Required very little setup out of the box. I just tweaked the intonation, pickup height and was good to go. The frets were smooth and clean and the neck position was good. Value: One of the best guitars in its price range. Great for any level of players. I use it as a backup guitar, and to use when I play old school stuff that requires a twangy tone that I dont get from my les paul. Manufacturer Support: Havent dealt with the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: It's a beautiful guitar, with an excellent vintage vibe to it. A black or white pearloid pickguard added to it will make it even more gorgeous. Overall: If this guitar ever encounters any major damages I may replace it for a higher end one, but until that time I have no intentions of parting with it!

"Squire out did themselve on this one" submitted March 29, 2007

Music Style: Country, Southern Rock, Blues
Sound: This guitar sounds great, and for the price you can't beat it. I play mostly traditional country with a little southern rock and blues mixed it, and this guitar really delivers the old style "twang" that tele's are famous for. It is perfect for a clean country sound, but also gives you a great classic/southern rock sound when distorted. The neck pickup has a great soft sound, but it is a little weak. I may consider upgrading the pickups in the future, but for now I am very happy with it as is. I was a little concerned with how the top-loading bridge would effect the sound, but it doesn't to be an issue at all. Feature: If you want features, don't buy a tele. If you want a solid guitar that performs and sounds great, then buy this guitar. Ease of Use: I have played many different guitars over the years that cost hundreds more than this Squire, including some high end Fender Tele's, and this guitar is very comparable. It came ready to play right out of the box, and I did very little to achieve that classic Tele sound that I was aiming for. The neck is very fast, and very easy to play. The action is just right, and plays as good, if not better than much more expensive guitars. My brother has a collection of guitars ranging in price from $1000-3000, and very few of them outplay my Squire Tele, and none of them have that great Tele sound. Quality: For the money, you just can't beat it. In the past, I have payed much more for less. I guess with age and little experience, I have become less impressed with big brand names. I wanted a durable guitar that delivered the classic sound, and I found it with this Squire. It is very well made, and stays in tune even with hard struming and bending. With proper care, this Squire Tele will last you a long time. I haven't had mine long, but I expect to be playing it for many years to come. Value: Without question, the best value on the market that I have seen. This guitar could easily sell for $500 and still be a good deal. I couldn't be happier with my decision to purchase it. For $170 you can't go wrong. Manufacturer Support: I haven't needed it. The Wow Factor: I have always wanted to own a Tele, but didn't want to spend the money. When I saw this Squire Tele I thought I would take a chance, and I am very pleased that I did. It is very well made and when other musicians here it, they can't believe that it's not the real thing. Being a traditionalists, I was really attracted the butterscotch finish, and when I got it out of the box I was absolutely amazed by the beauty and craftmanship of this guitar. Squire out did themselve on this one. Overall: I love this guitar. I have always felt that you don't need to spend a fortune to get a quality insturment, and this Squire Tele is proof of that. All anyone with doubts has to do is play it and they will be sold. I never imagined that I would be getting such a great guitar when I purchased it, but this Tele has really impressed me. I would recommend it to any level of guitarist, from beginner to seasoned pro. So if you want to get ripped off and spend a fortune for a name then go buy a Les Paul, but if you want a quality guitar that plays and sounds great, then buy this Tele.
33 of 35 people (94.29%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Ignore The fact That It says Squier on the headstock !" submitted May 29, 2013

By Jeff Osgood in Woonsocket, RI
Music Style: Blues
Overall: Mine is a 2013 model which was just made in January according to the serial n umber and I for one, am just simply amazed at how great this guitar is for such a low price. I have guitars in my collection that I paid over $1,200.00 for but yet, this baby can keep up with them with ease. I used to scoff at the mention of the name Squier but I have to admit that they have definitely improved the quality of their product over the last several years and this guitar is no exception to the rule. The only thing I had to do was to do a string change and intonation check . Everything else was fine when I bought this. The pickups on this are really great sounding for a guitar of this price and can handle any genre of music while the stock tuners do a great job of keeping this baby in tune. The C shaped neck is fantastic to play on and there are no fret edges sticking out at all . The Butterscotch finish with the Black pickguard is beautiful to look at and gives off that retro 1950's vibe. This has to be IMO, Fender's best kept secret that the tone snobs out there should take a look at.

"Great guitar with an even greater price" submitted January 2, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Hobbyist, Worship Team Member
Music Style: Rock, Country, Worhsip Music
Sound: This guitar sounds as good as a standard Fender Telecaster. When shopping I played this guitar, then a $900 American Tele and I could barely tell the difference. I used the guitar at church and playing the guitar without any effects produced a great clean sound, then I played with a chorus effect and got an excellent sound. Feature: All of the same features as a standard Telecaster,great sounding pickups. Quality: Overall very well made, solid construction, very attractive finish. The only downsides (and a small ones at that) is that there is no finish on the neck, and the neck needs to be a tiny bit wider. Value: This guitar is just as good as guitars that cost 2-5 times more. The sound is amazing for a guitar that costs less than $200. Some people might not give Squier guitars the credit they deserve because they are so inexpensive, but these guitars are great for practice or for playing live, I have seen Squier guitars sustain years of playing live shows and still have great sound. The Wow Factor: the finish and components are shiny and attractive, you get that great Telecaster look. Again, the only slight downside is the lack of finish on the neck. Overall: Overall great guitar, sounds like $1000, but costs less than $200. For the musician who mostly plays at home and the ocassional live gigs (which probably accounts for 99% of the guitar playing public) there is no need to spend more money. I can not say how this guitar performs in the studio, since I have not done any recording with it.

"Steel Groovy!" submitted June 30, 2006

By a customer from hobbsworld.net
Music Style: Everything but hiphop and Emo
Sound: Compared to all my guitars, which include an SG and A FENDER strat, this guitar has the craziest bite, and slaps harder than anything I've played. Now, I'm a Country, rock, blues ,and anything but hip-hop player, and my tele can change tones to PERFECTLY match the appionted song. Okay, so I have a not-so-good amp, but it sounds even better, now, which is PERFECT, because All I'm gonna do is mic it for my next few gigs. Ony one thing- Make sure the pickup selector is absolutely completely tight, as mine used to wobble, and it eventually snapped. Feature: I bought this at a store, out of the box, so it had no accessories except for the obligatory truss-rod thingy. As far as features go, The pickups could use a little more "punch", But other than that, it's great! The Finish is wonderful, And the neck is absolutely Choice! Ease of Use: First time I played this, I screamed, and jumped around like a monkey. It was such a relief, as I'd sold my SG copy, and My strat's neck annoys the hell out of me. Short and sweet- It plays like "BUTTER" Quality: Again, my only beef with the quality is that the pickup selector snapped, but that's absolutely subjective. So, yeah, the thing is my primary and my backup! Too easy to repair to complain about.(Not like I've ever had to) For the road, it's sturdy as an ox, and it's extremely useful for those rowdy bars, where there might be a brawl at any moment. It's a total club! Value: I'd pay a big buck for a guitar like this. It's an absoute STEAL, though, which surprises me. Manufacturer Support: I can't complain 'bout support- never needed it! The Wow Factor: Now, this tele's awesome, but I'd buy a better one if it was possible for me.(Tight budget) Overall: This beauty'll keep me runni'n for about 4 or 5 more years, when I get more money. Man, if it got stolen, I'd hunt it down, and get it back at all costs. This is because it has helped me widen my "spectrum" of ability, as it has a more free- for- all feel to it.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"No better Tele for the money out there. A steal." submitted February 10, 2004

By a customer from rice.edu
Music Style: Rock, Country
Sound: Great sound. I run it through a Crate GFX 15 with onboard effects, and it sounds great on all of them. Feature: Features are first-rate except for the cheesy selector switch, which everyone complains about (even on Fenders). Otherwise, it is really well made. Quality: Seems like a much more expensive guitar in terms of quality. Only cheesy thing is the selector switch. Value: This guitar is a steal for the money. Except for the lable, it's the real Fender Tele deal. Manufacturer Support: Don't know--no problems yet. The Wow Factor: The butterscotch finish is way cool with the maple neck and black nut and dots on the fingerboard. Super cool looking axe, but classic too. Overall: I'll have this until it falls apart, which I expect will be a long time.

"Guitar Review" submitted April 14, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound is good if you change the old strings. Feature: Just came by it self but the Tele is just as close as the real thing. Ease of Use: The slim neck gives you full control of the guitar specially for solos. Quality: Like I said all you need to change is the strings. The durability of this guitar is strong, I've drop mine but the guitar is still strong like before. Value: The best value for a great guitar! The Wow Factor: The nice finish gives it a nice look. Overall: Over all the guitar was great and I didn't have any problems with it except the string but that's all.

"Squier Affinity Telecaster: A Price/Quality Masterpiece!" submitted June 5, 2007

By a customer from mchsi.com
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician, guitar teacher, songwriter, obssessed 30+years player
Music Style: Classic rock and roll mostly blues doowop originals
Sound: This guitar will do anything you can imagine as a guitarist! It has outrageous! high end harmonics, but can sound like a straight-up acoustic on the front pickup too. It has miles of sustain, and a very broad spectrum of available tones. Super-clean when plugged directly into your amp (I use an old Peavey 160-watt combo amp driving a Black Widow 12), it works well with 9 out of 10 stomp boxes and multi-effects pedals too. I use it for live shows and in about half of the stuff my band records. My Affinity Tele is reliable and versatile to the max; the only caveats being that you must adjust the truss rod and string saddles accurately and patiently, and maintenance the guitar regularly (take good care of it!)I play classic rock, blues, doowop, covers, originals -- like I said, this axe does it all, I just love it. Baltic Blue. Feature: Everything about this guitar is first rate, the machines, the frets. The selector switch needs to be contact-cleaned once in a while and I actually had to put in a small shim to help align the switch contacts once but I think they have 'worn in' now -- no problem. The only feature I sort of wish it had was the 'string-through', but doing that might even have resulted in TOO much high end... Ease of Use: The telecaster is inherently easy to use, it's practically 'stone-age' as electric guitars go. My Affinity is a true plug and play instrument. It stays in tune very well, once it has been 'played in'. It is as trouble-free as an electric guitar can be made. I would stress, however, that careful adjustment and maintenance are critical to all guitars, and this one is no exception. Quality: I rely heavily on my Affinity Telecaster, and it was love at first sight -- the Baltic blue finish was impeccably applied, the maple neck smooth and sensuous to the touch! I don't worry about it breaking, it handles the normal inevitable clashes with walls and tables and gravity quite well and there are, after five years now, no dings on the body! There is a tiny, unexplained little 1" groove on the back of the neck, as if someone had a hellacious thumbnail! I think of it as a rugged, dependable piece of gear that performs way, way better than you would expect for such a low price. Value: This guitar was one of the most intelligent purchases I ever made! It actually gave me some anxiety, to tell you the truth, because in the price vs. quality arena, the U.S. manufacturers are clearly being taken to school here, if you know what I mean.... Manufacturer Support: No warranty problems, no shipping problems, nothing in this category came up at all, so by default they get an A!.... The Wow Factor: Electric guitars are among the sexiest inventions of all time, to me, anyway -- they are a running Freudian nightmare, actually -- and my Affinity Telecaster, with its clean, sharp-edged look and its sheer functionality makes me proud to escort it onstage. (I'm proud to be seen with her!) Overall: A well made guitar can last a long, long time if it is loved and cared for. Let me put it this way: You remember B.B. King's guitar Lucille, and the burning building episode? I get it about that! If this guitar were lost or stolen, I'd buy another one...probably get the Arctic White this time, though, or the black one. I actually bought this one for my daughters, and they gave up on learning to play so I glommed it back from them, and it has been my main squeeze for five years roughly.

"CIC BSB" submitted September 6, 2011

Overall
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, and Christian.
Sound: It sounds like a Tele. Feature: I don't mind the top loaded strings, and I was impressed to see that the tone nob actually does something. Ease of Use: No manual included and no manual needed. You've got a three-way switch and two pups, and a tone and volume nob, so it's pretty self explanatory. Quality: If I could go over 10 I would. This is where I was blown away. I didn't expect much for a $162 guitar, and to my surprise I got a lot more value then $162 worth. Value: As I stated in quality, the price does not reflect the value. I'd easily pay double. Manufacturer Support: Haven't needed it and don't think I will. The Wow Factor: The BSB Tele is a guitar every musician should have in their arsenal. Overall: With proper care I plan on keeping this until it has a true vintage neck.

"A true, classic Fender Telecaster!" submitted August 4, 2004

Overall
Music Style: blues, rock, funk and country
Sound: A true Telecaster sound. Responsive, with that famous Fender 'twang', even at high volumes. Run through a Super Reverb amp, it's a classic combination. Good for blues, funk, rock and (naturally) country. It can even sound jazzy, with warmth and bite. Feature: I love the old-style 50's look with the modern features: good tuners, fully adjustable six-saddle bridge, medium-jumbo frets. I especially like the slimmer body - very comfortable to play. The top-loading bridge makes changing strings a breeze. Quality: Finish, hardware and components are all high quality. A very well-crafted guitar. The 'aged' blonde color (butterscotch) is very appealing and well done, with just the right amount of wood grain showing for a tasteful, elegant look. Fender obviously maintains tight quality control, even on its import line. A professional grade instrument. Value: The value is phenominal. It's a true, classic Fender instrument in every respect. For anyone to overlook the quality and value strictly due to the guitar being made in China and not in the US shows poor judgement, in my opinion. Manufacturer Support: Only a one year warranty because of its budget status. Considering the level of quality, I doubt I'll ever have any problems as long as the guitar is properly treated and cared for. The Wow Factor: I wanted a modern guitar with that 'vintage' look and a simple, basic design. This guitar had it all. Overall: This guitar is now a cherished instrument, as much as all my others, maybe more so. It's a time-tested, classic design as evidenced by its continued popularity more than 50+ years after its initial debut.

Squier Affinity Tele Customer Review submitted January 11, 2007

Musical Background: A guy who plays music
Music Style: Rock, Alternative
Sound: I like the sound alot. Although i wouldn't mind switching the neck pickup, maybe. Feature: I rated 10 'cause there arent any, just some knobs. Ease of Use: Easy to make it sound like you want it to. The neck is very nice, much better than that of my Squier Strat. Quality: Tone knobs a little loose, but that's it. Value: This guitar is worth the money. BUY IT. Manufacturer Support: Never dealt with Fender. The Wow Factor: I love the buterscotch finish. The picture just doesn't do it justice. Overall: After I switch the pickups this would lat me a LONG time.

"GREAT GUITAR" submitted June 26, 2008

Music Style: everything
Sound: The sound of this guitar is amazing once you learn to dial it in. For about the first year that i had this guitar, i was still learning and didnt mess with the pickup selector, volume knob, or tone knob, mainly because i didnt know how to get tones from it. Lately I've been experimenting with those and can get great contry and blues tones. For those two, i usually have the gain between 5 and 8 but then i back off the volume konb on the guitar for cleaner tones for those genres. For rock I turn up the gain and use the bridge pickup. For anything besides metal, it works great. Nice fat distortion tone or jangly clean tone, whatever you're in the mood for. Feature: Obviously it's a tele, no special switches or knobs, just a straight forward guitar. One tone knob, one volume knob, and a 3-way selector. The only thing i wish it had is either a fishman bridge or a middle pickup (both available on Fender models but couldnt afford those). Really no complaints other than it's difficult to intonate, but maybe its just mine. (the screws only go so far out) Ease of Use: Very easy use. Simple configuration makes getting great tones easy. I usually plug straight into my Fender Champion 300, but occasionly if i want a brighter tone i'll use my Boss DS-1. Works very well with both. It's not too heavy thanks to the thinner body and the neck is really thin so moving fast takes no effort at all. The action came set a little bit high but that was an easy fix. Quality: For the price, it's made very well. the only problems i've had are that the volume knob fell off within a few days of having it(glued it back on. No trouble since), the selector came bent a little bit but it works fine, and the input won't hold the cable very well( i wrap it around the strap and it stays in. This isn't my main guitar and i can't say whether i'd recommend it for "on the road". Personally, with mine, i'd say no. I fell it will last a long time with only minor upgrades. Value: Definitely one of the best guitars for the price. Compared to my friends Ibanez, this things kills. I also compared it to the Epiphone Les Paul Special and it killed once again. Manufacturer Support: Havn't had to contact them. The Wow Factor: Good looking but i've seen better. Finish chips easily and its easy to ding. not something to lust over but a great something to listen to. Overall: GREAT GUITAR.

"Don't be mislead by the fact that its a Squire. Pick one up, see how it feels and plays, and compare it to any other guitar in t" submitted December 22, 2011

By a customer from Yahoo.com
Musical Background: I play guitar
Music Style: Country
Sound: The sound is exceptional for a guitar in this price range. Feature: The main feature of this guitar is that it works like it should. Its not a toy that comes with a bunch of add ons to play with, its a guitar, and a very good guitar. Ease of Use: I set mine up per the included instructions. It came with a medium low action with no buzzing or fret problems. The neck is very smooth and fast. The fretwork was very smooth. Quality: The finish on the guitar was flawless. The neck was set up properly. The single coils sound very good. The tone knob works well and adjusts the tone as it should. The selector switch on mine works great. The knobs are tight. The cord jack is tight. The action is set up sweet and it plays like BUTTER! The quality of this guitar is excellent! Yes I would buy another if this one gets stolen. Value: Compared to other guitars in this price range, this is without a doubt the best value for the money, and I have looked at them all. Manufacturer Support: Have no knowledge in this area, it has needed no warranty work of any kind. The Wow Factor: Its very eye catching in appearance. It feels really good in your hands. It is an exceptional value for the money. Overall: I expect to use this guitar for years to come. I have had it for several months now, and I have not had the urge to buy something else. I am very satisified with this guitar!

"Wow ! This thing is Nice !!" submitted February 1, 2013

By Dan S in Mpls., MN
Overall
Musical Background: Was involved with bands for many years. Now just play for my own enjoyment. Like trying new equipment.
Music Style: Rock, Blues.
Overall: I purchased this guitar a few months ago after seeing it in the store. I was first impressed with the quality. This guitar is Rock Solid and put together very well. Fit and finish is second to NONE. Like fine furniture. In fact, I thought I'd use it as a "beater" but it's way too nice for that. Everything about it is top-notch. The tuners work great and the controls are all smooth and function as they should. I now have it set-up the way I like it and could not be more pleased. AND.. It will Scream when you want it to. The folks at Fender really hit a home run with this one. Easily worth a lot more $$. I'm buying another one as a gift for my brother.

"Great Tele for the Money" submitted June 13, 2013

By Brian Phillips in Phenix City, AL
Musical Background: 25 years bass and guitar. Hobby and semi-pro
Music Style: Rock,Pop,Blues,metal
Overall: This Tele is really good for $180. I really expected to hate it and send it back, but it is better than some $500 guitars I have had. Looks great. Pick ups are vintage sounding and not very hot. Pots on mine were good. Frets were not perfect but really good.The neck is different than most Fender Telecasters. It is thin but beefy at the same time. Once you get used to it, it plays great. The frets are a little on the small side. Would prefer at least medium jumbo, but for the sound of the guitar at this price just have a fret job and it'll be perfect.

"Squire Butterscotch blonde Tele" submitted November 8, 2012

By Ken B in Coldwater, MI
Musical Background: 46 years guitar player
Music Style: Blues, rock country
Overall: I've had mine now for 2 years and love it need I say more. It's got great tele twang with mellow sounding neck PU. It's a keeper!!!!

"Sweet!" submitted February 2, 2009

Musical Background: Hobbyist, DJ
Music Style: Rock, country, techno.
Sound: Sounds good for me. Feature: Better switch and pots. The plug input was already replaced when I got it. Ease of Use: Only a 9 because of the crappy switch and pots. Other wise it stays in tune. Plays smooth. Quality: The crappy pots and switch again, but everything else is jamming. Value: GREAT! For under $200 it is a great deal. Manufacturer Support: I don't need then so I don't know. The Wow Factor: Love the color. It is a tele. Overall: I am very happy with it. Yes I would get another one. Even if I had a Fender Tele this would be my left the good one at home guitar. I would never gig with anything without a backup, but once the switch and pots are changed I would trust it if I had to.

"GOOD Instruments with some caveats" submitted November 1, 2012

By G P
Musical Background: PRO
Music Style: Jazz/Blues/Country/Latin/Classical
Overall: Aesthetically, the guitar looks very nice actually, better than I expected - The neck is nice and good for my hands - rounder than some may like though, I love it. CAVEAT-1: Frets are sharp! They didn't dress them properly. Even at this price, I don't expect to scrape my hand on un-finished fretwork. I have never played an instrument (even at this price/level) that was so bad in that department. I will have to do it myself. Of course, I could send it back to Fender but, I don't want to mess with packing, shipping, etc...The knobs and other metal parts, including the pickup selector switch, are pretty cheap feeling (CAVEAT no.2). Again, even at this price point, other manufacturer offer better "solutions". Be that as it may, everything works as it should.The pickups are ok and sound as one would expect for an instrument of this type. If you want better, there are many options from Fender and other manufacturer. As it is, the guitar as a typical and respectable tele sound and it will do until I decide to change pickups. Not a necessity right away...Bridge and saddles also feel/look cheap. as though they are made of some inferior material and low-quality paint/chrome job - I am NOT saying that is the case, simply that they FEEL/LOOK as though it were.All in all I like the guitar but, even at this price, they could have done better, especially since similarly priced instruments from other manufacturers don't suffer from those issues. Especially the fret issue, which IMO is inexcusable these days.In the end, I am very glad I got the instrument and I will slowly fix those shortcoming which of course, will drive the price much higher than its original amount...making you wonder how "good" of a deal it really is :)I would recommend this to other players, beginners or not, keeping in mind those aforementioned caveats.

Squier Affinity Tele Customer Review submitted January 4, 2004

Overall
Sound: Awesome tele sound for the price Feature: I would've preferred string-through but top loader doesn't affect tone/resonance at all. Quality: Excellent for the price. Selector switch is flimsy. The Wow Factor: Pleasantly surprised with sound and quality of this guitar Overall: Nice backup. excellent beginners guitar

"the best squire in years" submitted August 9, 2006

Music Style: country/rock
Sound: it as good as any frender i own as i am a country tribute cover act an it stand up to my style of playing and when i want to rock it rock away the night the only tip i have to make this product better is a good qualty amp n effects this guitar sound great live n people ask squire i say yes n i do my shows with it every night n people can't believe a squire can sound n look so good squire has come a long way i recomend buy one to day tony c of awrongsuffered guitar vocals Feature: it has crome turners not like the squires befor that would not stay in tune n the neck is one of the best ive played on the body is made of quilty like no other guitars at this price Ease of Use: it easy just have a quilty amp plug it in n away u go u will be so impressed its easy to use with my studio gear n my live gear Quality: this product is quilty n i have no complaints as it was set up perfect from factory and i did not have to set any thing to get it 2play n sound great Value: it as good as any epiphone gibson copy guitars its as good as a real fender squire has come a long way Manufacturer Support: if u need anything call the factory hotline there so helpfull The Wow Factor: it came with classic butterscotch finish and just looking at it and seeing the quilty of the craftmanship is what will sell this to Overall: i will keep this guitar in my line up for the rest of my life as it will only get better through my playing n live shows

"classic sound on the cheap." submitted August 19, 2009

Music Style: Sloppy
Sound: The pick ups are a bit weak as compared to a MIM or American, but that is to be expected. I bought it for that Telecaster sound, lots of twang! I do everything from blues to metal on it and it all works. Feature: It is a Telecaster. You play it. Really nice mother of pearl fret markers is something I wish it had. Ease of Use: It plays nicely for a cheap guitar. Quality: The bridge screws are not the greatest and I had a heck of a time setting the action. The cheapo plastic plate that holds the input jack was broken when I got it, but I just cut a piece of fiber board, drilled some holes and the problem was solved. Other than that it seems solid. The tuners work well. The neck was smooth. I can see having this guitar for a long time. I have seen other Squire Telecasters that had really bad necks with sharp fret wires on them, this neck was not like that. The finish chips very easily, so be careful. Value: It is worth the price to get a blonde tele that plays well. Manufacturer Support: I never delt with the company. The Wow Factor: I had to have a telecaster. My sound would not be what it is with out it. The color is what drew me to it in the first place, but since it played well, I bought it. Overall: I thought it was a gimick at first, but I was wrong. This guitar is pretty good for the money. You should stop thinking about it and buy one. I would buy another one if this one disappeared.

"Big surprise in an inexpensive package!!!" submitted January 11, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Jazz
Sound: Sound on this guitar is suprisingly good, I was really surprised. Always wanted a telecaster and this instrument certainly adds to a different style of playing. Neck pick-up could be a little better, but hey, for 160 bucks who's really going to complain!!! Feature: No accessories included other than the two allen wrenches. No literature of any type? Materials on this guitar seem to be pretty good, the neck seems very fast. Quality: Still a little early to say. Originally bought this to play around with and maybe modify, but I think I'll hold off on that for a while to see how it hold up. Value: Definately worth the price. For the sound and how the guitar looks, great buy and very classic looking. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with them yet, so this is an unknown. The Wow Factor: Very cool looking. That "Butterscotch" finish is very classy and lets "just enough" of the woodgrain to come through. The only thing that I would like to see that would make it just a little better looking is that famous "Skunk Stripe" on the back of the neck. Overall: If it continues to sound and feel like it does, I don't think I'll be looking for a while.

"Easiest Way to Get That Great Telecaster Sound" submitted November 30, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: 50 years.
Music Style: Classic rock, some country, oldies.
Sound: When it arrived, the stock pick ups sounded cheap and tinny. Replaced them with 52 reissue pups and now it rocks. Feature: A Tele doesn't get much more basic. Does what it's supposed to now. Ease of Use: With the new pick-ups, through my Digitech RP-1 into my Fender Frontman 212r, it's got the sound I need for the songs I use it on. Quality: after modifying it to my specs, it works well. Value: For a maple neck and alder body, it's a great value! The Wow Factor: Cheap way to get Telecaster sound. Overall: This will last me the rest of my life. I won't part with this guitar.

Squier Affinity Tele Customer Review submitted March 11, 2006

Overall
Sound: it is very smooth The Wow Factor: it is a great looking guitare w/ a kick ass sound

"Great Ax" submitted January 14, 2007

Overall
Sound: I love the telecaster sound. It has that nice twangy soundthat no other guitar can achieve. Without a little wah-wah use on my Les Pual, it can't match. Quality: This guitar is very high quality. The Wow Factor: This guitar looks great.

"A low end guitar for sure" submitted December 1, 2013

By Lawrence K in Frackville, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 20 + yrs playing, own fenders and gibsons, currently jamming at home have played professionally
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues, Classical
Overall: First off kudos to Zzounds. Ordered this 8am on a Friday and had by 1pm Saturday. That was unexpected. Anyway, was excited to get this guitar as it had many good reviews. My first impression after unpacking was good. Nice finish, it looked good but that's where it ends. One grip of the neck and you could tell how flimsy it was. The finish on the frets was horrible, many sharp edges, many frets not level. Finish on the back of the neck was also disappointing. Sound was descent, nothing to complain about, nothing to brag about. Pickup switch feels flimsy and is difficult to slide. Tone control did very little to change the tone. Overall impression is that this guitar should be packaged in one of those plastic window boxes and sold at Walmart for around $100. Fender should be embarrassed to put their name on it, Epiphone entry level guitars are light years ahead of these.

When you call, mention priority code 15FZ-YLW8. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976