When you call, mention priority code 20M-JYP3

Rating and Reviews: Vintage Modified Jazz V

For fat bottom, plug into the Vintage Modified Jazz V. A pair of J Bass V pickups give you killer tone for dynamic 5-string bass riffs -- at a nice price.

"Good Golly Miss Molly!" submitted June 27, 2015

By David Stotts in Newton, NC
Musical Background: 45 years, with local bands
Music Style: All styles
Overall: When I got the Squire VM 5'er out of the box, I was visually awe struck. Man, that was just the beginning! The White was flawless, fret edges smooth. action fantastic, and build was as good as it get and in addition the sound was a great.. It has been a while since I played a Squire but this one is one of my go-to bases!!!

"Squier Vintage Modified V Bass" submitted January 10, 2016

By David T in Glassboro, NJ
Musical Background: Bass Player 30 yrs professionall
Music Style: Rock , Jazz
Overall: Very well made bass I have been playing bass for over 30yrs have played all types of bass guitars from Ricks to Fender Gibson Guild I have been playing 5 strings for about 18 yrs now I have a Zon bass great guitar also a wash Burn 5 and Picked up this Squier Vintage 5 as a back up I am amazed how well this Bass plays and sounds just did a little tweaking changed the strings did a good set up on it and I use a Sans Amp pre amp to give it just a little more punch , the Maple neck feels and sounds great for the money you cannot beat this bass I use to shy away from the Squier brand on the old adage you get what you pay for but I am happy to say I do not think like that anymore this is a well crafted instrument and it will be one of my go to Basses . Also hats off to ZZounds they have great customer service I have been using Zzounds for a few years now and they have become my go to for anything musical

"Amazing bass for the price!" submitted October 22, 2015

By Jacob H in Martinsburg, WV
Overall
Musical Background: Keyboardist and bassist. Have been playing bass for 9 years, I record at home.
Music Style: Progressive rock, funk, ambient.
Overall: In recent year, Squier has really stepped up, especially with their vintage modified & classic vibe lines. I have owned Fenders, Warwicks, Spectors, and various other fantastic basses, and I can safely say that this bass can stand up to those in sound and quality(considering its price) My friend had an American Deluxe 5 string Jazz, he couldn't believe how similar this Squier played and sounded compared to it, for well over a 1,000 dollars less. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with the more expensive basses out there, they are fantastic, but if you are in a tight spot, this bass looks great cosmetically, has a very solid build, plays great, and sounds good even with the stock pickups. Pics don't do it justice either, mine has an almost "burl" like appearance in the wood. (I mean that in a positive way!)

"Squire Vintage Modified 70's Bass V" submitted November 18, 2013

By Allan Lindsay in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Been playing bass on and off for about 35 years
Music Style: Progressive rock
Overall: This bass far exceeded my expectations. Superior quality and sound. The finish is beautiful. The vintage tint, gloss neck is amazing looking and the inlays and binding are flawless. I also own a 1998 American 5 string Jazz Bass and this one gives it a run for it's money
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Good bass" submitted June 14, 2015

By Dan S in Clermont , FL
Musical Background: Decades-bass only and rock covers
Music Style: Classic rock and metal
Overall: Overall I wasn't expecting much. I play rock covers mostly and decided to get one of these to get back into the 5 string. After a set up and replacing the stock strings with swing bass 66s it played and sounded good. Much better than a 300 bass should sound. I also have a newer Geddy Lee Sig jazz, the Squier hangs with the Geddy.

"Better than MIM..." submitted November 29, 2015

By Matty B in Rutherfordton, NC
Musical Background: Professional Hobby Player
Music Style: The good style musics.
Sound: Good, punchy Jazz bass sound with a solid 5th string addition. Maple fretboard brings some snap. I cannot tell any difference between the 'Fender Designed' pups and the older models 'Duncan Designed' - both sets of pickups are warm and growly, strong for the price point and country of manufacture. Ease of Use: Decent tension on the B string. As with most any bass, after a good setup, it plays just fine. Mine was very close to optimal setup(for my style playing) right out of the box. Quality: At this price point, quality is OUTSTANDING. Solid; machine work done well, and human work good too. This is the second time I have seen this from Squier - well done! Check/Tighten up all screws and jack/pot nuts like you would on any new ride. Value: Awesome value. I have two Squier basses now; this one and the VM Jag Special 4 string. Having played for 20+ years, I foresee these Squier VM & CV series basses becoming sought after 'vintage' instruments in 10 or 15 years. Time will tell, but in the meantime, great for playing and easy on the wallet. Manufacturer Support: This 10 is for zZounds. Tops! Cool on the phone, prompt on the email, and great on the free delivery - very fast. Second time I have seen great service from zZounds - first was on my Squire VM Jaguar Special Bass, another budget classic. Have not dealt with Fender/Squier. Overall: Great mid-level budget bass. Recommended highly on the maxproud YouTube channel. Great playing 5'er!

When you call, mention priority code 20M-JYP3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976