When you call, mention priority code 15ZV-4XWD

Rating and Reviews: Squier Classic Vibe Tele

With 2 AlNiCo V single-coil pickups, this vintage Telecaster delivers a tone that's perfect for everything from rock to country blues, and jazz.

"Don't be stupid....BUY this Guitar!!!!" submitted May 23, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: Active Touring Musician, "Recording Engineer, Singer, Songwriter, Studio Musician
Music Style: New Country, Classic Rock
Sound: This guitar is amazing...while looking for a couple new Tele's I was refered to this guitar. At first the name on the headstock scared me..But after being reassured I wouldn't regret it and reading lots of reviews and watching video reviews I bought 2..I have an American Fender Telecaster Standard, 2 MIM Tele's, Squier Classic Vibe Tele Custom (I bought 2 of these), Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s (butterscotch blonde), an American PRS CE22, and a PRS SingleCut. All great guitars but After my PRS CE22 (I don't think anything is as good as the CE22 guitar with Tom Holmes pickups) these Squire re-issues are right up there. Better than the MIM's and I actually prefer them over my American Fender Standard and PRS Singlecut. The action out of the box is great, the build quality is perfect and the tone from the Alnico V pickups are great. Everything stock on this guitar is great quality (as a personal preference I changed the bridge on one of the CVC's to a 6 saddle Gotoh). I use these guitars live opening up for major acts so even though it says "Squier" on the headstock there is nothing "Squire" about these guitars. I love the thin neck as opposed to the bulky necks on the MIM's and my American Standard. The sunburst looks gorgeous and compliments the mint pickguard.It comes stock with string gauge of 9's which I changed to 10's. If you are looking at this guitar I highly recommend the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s as well, it has a different ton due to the Alnico III pickups. One important thing you must do to this guitar is change the output jack cup to a ElectroSocket Jack Cup because the stock output jack nut worked loose and came out from the guitar. You would be stupid to pass on this guitar. Feature: The guitar only came with 2 Allen wrenches, one for the saddles and one for the truss rod Ease of Use: Absolutely great sound and like I said setup out of the box is near perfect. Quality: The QC is just as good (I actually think better) as my MIM and American Fender Tele Standard. Now having said that the switch feels a little cheaper than the other 2 mentioned and One IMPORTANT thing you must do to this guitar is change the output jack cup to a ElectroSocket Jack Cup because the stock output jack nut worked loose and came out from the guitar... The electrosocket jack cup is only $8 Also Like I said I was so impressed with this guitar I bought 2 of them,one to mod a little (bridge, strings output jack) and also bought the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s Butterscotch Blonde. Value: This guitar is worth more than what they are selling them for and better quality than the Made in Mexico Fender Tele's...The build quality on these are worth every penny of $500. Manufacturer Support: I never bought a "Squier" guitar because of their reputation of being an entry level guitar. These guitars are NOT entry level.... again let me stress the one IMPORTANT thing you must do to this guitar is change the output jack cup to a ElectroSocket Jack Cup because the stock output jack nut worked loose and came out from the guitar. You must pull out the jackplate then just screw on the electrosocket jack plate and it uses 2 little screws that screw into the guitar to hold it in place. A 3minute job and the electrosocket jack cup is only $8... The Wow Factor: These are eye candy. The paint job on these are outstanding. The darker tent of sunburst is beautiful. The rosewood neck is also a plus. Overall: I would say if it was stolen I would buy another but I bought 2 of them. After I received my first one I was so impressed and blown away by the quality and beauty I ordered another one. And also bought the Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster '50s. I was actually looking to buy another American tele (the TV Jones Tele) but when this guitar was recommended to me I played a few and then ordered it. Like I said above I would buy these over any MIM Fender teles and had I known about these Classic Vibe guitars before hand I would have bought them over the MIM's. So all in all I bought 3 of these classic vibe guitars instead of the Fender TV Jones and still had money to spend.....

"The greatest guitar bargain out there?" submitted November 10, 2011

Musical Background: Amatuer level player
Music Style: Country/Blues/Classic rock/Americana
Sound: Alnico 5 pickups deliver the Classic Telecaster sound. Feature: Much of the Tele charm lies in its' simplicity, and this one stays true to it's roots. The components are of a very high quality given the price of the guitar. Ease of Use: Mine came setup perfectly, and is immensly playable. Quality: I am extremely impressed with the build quality and fit and finish of this Tele, it is a stunner! If you didn't look at the name on the headstock, you might just think it was an American Deluxe. I have always wanted a Tele with binding on the body, and my dream has now come true. It adds a great deal of classiness to the guitar. Value: This guitar is an absolute steal at this price. I'd rate the value at a 20 if I could. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with the manufacturer. The Wow Factor: If you are a Telecaster lover or have been wanting to try one out, this one is easy to recommend. Before spending money for a Mexican (or even American) made Tele, do yourself a favor and check this one out. Overall: I have owned several Teles in the past, and this one is the best of them all. If it was lost or stolen I'd replace it immediately. In fact, I am thinking about ordering another one soon before they stop making this model.

"I got a Really good classic vibe custom!!!!!" submitted March 13, 2014

By Bryan F in Bay saint louis , MS
Overall
Musical Background: Semi pro...singer,songwriter ,guitarist , musician ,I've been playing since I was 14 and have played live and in the studio for.
Music Style: Rock and Roll, pop
Sound: Sounds great ..it's got that Tele Twang..and is really easy on the fingers...it's great for Rock and PoP, I love the way it sounds in my Vox ac15c1 and my Fender Frontman and deluxe .... Feature: The tuners are nice the guitar stays in tune, the switch is a little flimsy but I will have a Fender 3 way installed eventually at a fender service center all the hardware is really nice and sturdy...I think it will take a licking and keep on kicking..the body is solid but not heavy and the pickups sound just as good as my standard ...maybe better Ease of Use: It plays like a dream..I leave the switch in the middle position and it's a great rhythm tone....great action... Quality: It's solid and will last its all good Value: It was worth every penny I paid and I got a little discount from the good ...people at zzounds very nice guitar Manufacturer Support: I love Fender ...when I called them for advice about my classic vibe custom returns they were glad I was sticking with the Brand and sent me some complimentary strings,a fender hat and tee shirt and they have always treated me right over the last 30 years and are always easy to reach at customer service The Wow Factor: I love it..it's beautiful....it's got the double binding and tinted neck and that cool VIBE like and old 60's tele ..Get one they are the Stuff. Overall: I finally got a great classic vibe custom..the first few had some factory issues ,and the cold weather,but Zzounds, took care of me and shipped me one from the Reno Nevada warehouse...overnight.. it arrived yesterday in GREAT SHAPE!!!! Perfect action, dead accurate intonation ,and the body wood grain and sunburst is really beautiful,also the fretboard has some really nice colors in the rosewood.i put some Dunlop 65 fretboard lemon oil on the fretboard, and New Fender super 250L's on it and stretched them out and this guitar Rocks!!!! The guys at Zzounds went all the way for me to make sure I was happy and "I Am" they never hassled me about the returns...and in the end I got the Tele I wanted..and I got it on the Pay as you play plan...and payed it off early..need more gear lol Thanks Zzounds

"Tele with and "Attitude"" submitted July 6, 2011

By a customer from netzero.net
Musical Background: semi-pro
Music Style: country/rock/blues
Sound: Vintage Tele tones.. I mod about everything I get, but honestly you can't build this guitar for anywhere near what they sell for.. I have the 50's Vibe Tele as well and though they are both tonal-sonically different they are both fantastic values ! Feature: Typical Tele simple tune-plug in- and play ! Life is good ! Ease of Use: Very very easy to get country - rock - blues (metal with the right pedals according to my teenaged son) Quality: finish is flawless and fit is fantastic--- excellent QC here.. tuned and minor adjustments to my liking and restrung with 10's heavy bottoms-- perfect ! Value: nothing in the price range compares ! Manufacturer Support: have dealt with them in the past-- fast to respond and address issues ! The Wow Factor: very sexy !

"Get One Now Before They're All Gone!" submitted January 30, 2011

Music Style: Rockabilly
Sound: I wasn't expecting a whole lot from Squire pickups in the first place. I always knew I would be putting new pup's in, but after that...WOW. Feature: Had all the components of what I wanted in a '62 Custom Tele. Ease of Use: Hey, it's a Tele. Can't get much simpler. Quality: Save the pup's, these guitars really should say Fender on them. A quality made guitar top to bottom. Value: Absolutely the best value on the market today, bar none. Manufacturer Support: Any problems would be covered by zZounds. They would have sent a replacement...great peace of mind. The Wow Factor: For all of those that are on the fence about purchasing one of these guitars, rest assured you will not be disappointed. Overall: I've always wanted a sunburst '62 Custom Tele but didn't have any kids or houses I could trade for one. I'm sure I'll have this guitar the rest of my life.

"They got this one right" submitted July 5, 2013

By John Jenkins in Jasper, AL
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing for 46 years now,classic rock is the only thing worth playing.
Music Style: Only two kinds of music to play,Rock and Roll
Overall: I have owned several Fender Telecasters in my life and a few Gibson's and Epiphone Les Paul's.I had always considered Squier an entry level guitar and couldn't bring myself to buy one.All of that changed two weeks ago when my step son,a professional guitarist walked into the house with what appeared to me as a 62 custom deluxe Telecaster.I plugged it into my Vox Tube Amp and started playing,I fell in love again.I looked up and saw the Squire on the headstock and started asking questions.How could someone put this neck on this Fender Classic Guitar Body?That's when I found out that,that guitar was a Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster.I went to my go to Guitar Dealership,Zzounds and there it was.Ordered it as fast as I could and it arrived this morning.Tuned it,plugged it into the Vox and It's Great out of the box.Nothing to adjust,string height is perfect,fit and finish immaculate.switching and control knobs react smooth,no buzz or static.I couldn't be happier,it has the Fender Telecaster twang,I considered changing out the pickups for about 10 seconds and then came to my senses.There isn't any reason to change them.Squire got this guitar right,best buy on the electric guitar market today.You will not beat the quality of this guitar for $399 anywhere unless you can find this guitar at a better price

"THE Perfect Road Tele and B Bender Guitar Candidate" submitted February 21, 2012

By Forrest Lee Jr in Nashville, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Been pickin since I was 2. I'm a Bender guitarist, Pedal Steel, Mandolin, Banjo, Acoustic and Electric Benders. Professional.
Music Style: Session Musician-Country, Blues, Rock, Metal, Jazz, Funk, Pop
Overall: All I can say if they finally got their Mojo back. Squier used to be great back in the 80's. My old Frankentele is a Squier MIJ circa '86 so I've been a believer for 25 years. But then factory changes from Japan to Indonesia, and that whole Affinity crap... ruined the name. I'm true blue American, but there's really no comparison between these and the AM standard. These are better all around in my opinion. Even they alignment of the strings is better. and the finish is better by far that the MIM Tele. All in all It's a perfect match for a B bender install, because 1st, its affordable, 2nd I can put my bender in it, which is super lightweight... and it's 3 lbs less that the Fender Bender guitars... Less expensive, better B bender, and much lighter... If you plan to hot rod a Tele, you cant go wrong with one of these. I'm buying another one right now. And the Strat 60's Classic Vibe is so good, It's been my #1 recording Strat for the past few months. If they just used Alnico 2 pickups, it would be the perfect guitar... then it would sound more like a 50 year old Tele thats been leaned up against an amp at gigs, and the pickups have lost some magnetic pull over the years. I keep telling everybody, especially my Bender customers, Dont route out your old Tele... BUY THIS GUITAR! and then I'll stick a bender in it and you'll have an awsome, incredible, useful guitar, and its wont mess with the vintage value of the old one. Besides, if you bust this guitar up on tour... its cheap enough you can have 3 backups for the price of one AM Tele. Forrest Lee Jr

"B bender Vibe" submitted April 8, 2012

By Forrest Lee in Nashville, TN
Musical Background: Been a pro since I was 6
Music Style: Country, Blues, Rock, Soul, instrumental. Singer songwriter. Film and Tv beds.
Sound: Add a B bender and compensated saddle bridge. Change the switch to a USA spec CRL. Feature: Love the small feel of the neck. Both the rosewood and maple are 2lbs nice. Pickups sound decent from the factory. Though I do replace the bridge with my FCG custom 3/2 bridge pickup. Ease of Use: These play great. Add a b bender and its awesome for a tight budget. Quality: Excellent wood parts. Had one bad switch. And one bad bridge pickup... but overall these are great. Value: Excellent value! Don't know how they can make them this reasonable. Manufacturer Support: Never had to worry about it. I voided the warranty the moment I routed for the b bender install. The Wow Factor: They just look cool too... the custom is a damn nice guitar! Overall: Love these classic vibe Telecasters. I've been buying them and installing my b bender in them. They are great candidates because there truly well built. I'm amazed that the quality of these are superior to the Mexican tele. And the pickups sound good too. My upgrade is I install my compensated saddle bridge, a new CRL switch and my lightweight Forrest CustomCustom Guitars B bender. Its more economical than the fender bender. And the guitars are 2lbs lighter! And play better... its a win win.

"Highly Recommended " submitted May 11, 2012

By Solon F in Bremerton, WA
Musical Background: 6 Months with a Ibanez V100
Music Style: Country, Blues, some Rock
Overall: After starting out on a acoustic, my instructor allowed me to try his MIA tele and i was in love. But then he told me how much I would have to dish out for one of those. I asked him what he would recommend that would be of good quality without breaking the bank. And that is when he told me about this one. I looked at reviews online from here and other stores, also Youtube. Everyone could not really say a bad thing about it. So once it came in, and tuned up, I started laying in to it. It was love at first strum! Everything works as it should. It fits and feels so much better to me than my Dreadnought. Other than when I am at work or getting a few hours rest, it is in my hands.

"Great guitar" submitted November 3, 2013

By Adam P in Denver, CO
Music Style: Delta blues, funk
Overall: I am very surprised at the quality of instrument coming out of China anymore. This this is comparable to lower-end US models in quality, for example very nearly the American Standard. It does lack the modern features of the American Standard but if you are looking for a vintage-ish model your can't really beat this one for the price. I've owned American made vintage models before, and I'd say they are 10% better in terms of quality of hardware, etc., but keep in mind they cost 4 times as much.It would be a perfectly acceptable gigging instrument for a professional, and it's also nice to have if you want to try out a telecaster but don't have one yet.

"Nice Telecaster, Don't Expect A.S. Quality" submitted September 21, 2014

By Atreides Ghola
Musical Background: 30+ Year amateur
Music Style: Rock, 80's metal, folk.
Overall: Bought this guitar as a cheap replacement for an American Standard FSR I traded away. It's a decent instrument. It arrived quickly, and was adequately set up right out of the box. It comes strung with 9's, which is OK with me, I don't mind the light strings.The finish is done well, and the binding is good, too. There is alot of poly on it, though...very thick. This is done to cover up imperfections, small cracks in the wood, etc. that come from using three pieces in the body. On the back, there was a visible line between two of the pieces that you can feel through the finish. Not a problem, really, but if you're looking for a single body piece, this isn't for you.Fretwork is decent...no sharp edges, no gritty frets (something really common with Epiphones). The nut is slightly crooked, it angles down as you go from low to high E. Way too much adhesive used to put the nut on, too. It's crooked because the very top of the rosewood fingerboard wasn't planed properly.The knobs and pickup switch are better than I'm used to seeing from Squier. I'm guessing that's because it's one of their top of the line models. The bridge assembly is ok. Brass saddles would have been better.Pickups are OK. The bridge pickup is high output, the neck pickup is muddy. The guitar plays very well, and the neck shape is good for folks with smaller fingers/hands. Overall, a good buy.

"Dream Tele" submitted August 26, 2012

By cliff s in pinckney, MI
Overall
Musical Background: Singer/songwriter, Lead player,teacher.
Music Style: Country, Classic Rock, Christian, Blues, Roadhouse Rock, Jazz,and more.
Overall: I did not buy my my SCVTC trough zZounds. I stumbled across mine in a local store. I saw it, picked it up, and started to play... the next thing I knew I was driving home with it! That was several months ago. I am still smiling and my American Strat is in it's case still. Great looks, great tones, awesome neck, and plays in tune. I will not swap out the pickups because they are sweet and do the job brilliantly. Vintage tuners, perfect fit and finish.I swapped out the 3-way selector for a 4way selector and tone mods.I use it for everything when playing electric. Buy THIS GUITAR!

"Everything But The Neck" submitted July 19, 2013

By Tommy B in Raleigh, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 25 years, Martin HD-28, '70 Tele, '63 ES-125TDC, Play for fun and home recording,
Music Style: Americana, Rock, Southern Rock, Alt Country, Folk, Bluegrass
Overall: The Squire CVC was a nice guitar right out of the box. The fit and finish were fantastic and the set up was really good - only needed minor tweeks.The hardware was OK for the price. The tuners stayed in tune and the treaded saddles had some vintage cool to them. The pickguard, control plates and knobs were of good quality for the price.The neck pickup was as expected for Tele but the bridge didn't quite have the bite and twang -OK but not quite right.If I had kept this guitar I would have upgraded the pickups to DON MARE GREEN ONION TELE SET. Which brings me to my big issue with this guitar and the CV Series.The necks are too thin!!!!! They are smaller than the Fender Modern "C" shape that is advertised. The CVC has an even thinner neck profile than the CV Teles. My be great for kids and anyone with smaller hands but very uncomfortable for me. Any extended playing caused hand cramps and fatigue. The neck also felt fragile because of it thin profile. I'm not sure how it will hold up to string tension over time especially if you use 11's or larger. The guitar comes with 9's.The stupid thin neck was a deal breaker and I returned the guitar.

"Squier Classic Vibe Tele Custom" submitted October 11, 2013

By Adam Z in Murfreesboro, TN
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar for 7 years.
Music Style: Any genre of rock, blues, fingerstyle, jazz.
Overall: This guitar has been wildly hyped up so I decided to pick one up as I've been wanting to dabble in Tele twang. The bad: The first thing I noticed on the body of the guitar was a giant wood knot on the top. Very poor looking. Also, the frets weren't properly leveled from the factory, as a few were quite scratchy. The factory setup also was sub par. Intonation was off, the 3 way pickup selecter switch is flimsy, and the input jack fell into the guitar on day 2. Now the good!: I bought a genuine Fender American Tele 3 way switch, an electrosocket cup w/ switchcraft jack, took it to a luthier who installed the hardware, leveled the frets, and completed a setup. Now this thing rocks. It just plays great, the neck feels great in my smaller hands! The pickups are decent for a guitar this price. The bridge might not be as twangy as some may like. I may swap it out in the future. These Classic Vibes were truly the best kept secret in the past few years,but I'm not so sure anymore. Should I really need to spend an extra 100 to properly set up a guitar that I paid 400 for? No. I would have returned it and tried to find a good MIM but I love the Squier neck! Do yourself a favor and go find yourself a gem instead of buying online like I did.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZV-4XWD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976