When you call, mention priority code 16JK-0K9P

Rating and Reviews: Squier 50s Stratocaster

The '50s spirit is revived in this Squier Classic Vibe Strat. Period-correct finishes capture the decade's look, and Alnico III pickups provide its sound.

Overall

"I think this is another one that will be discontinued soon because the quality is just to good.In my opinion way better than a M" submitted June 11, 2009

By a customer from verizon.net
Music Style: Classic rock, Blues, Country
Sound: Vintage Strat sound, sounds great. Pickups are really quite for single coils, sounds great unplugged also. Feature: Typical Strat features. Quality: This guitar is absolutely amazing for the money,very nice neck, fret work is flawless, everything fits well. Finish is great also I have not found a single flaw and this was suppose to be a blemished guitar. Value: Don't let the Squire brand fool you, I own several Strats,(Mexicans, USA, Japan and some older Squires)this guitar will play with any of them. Well worth the price. Manufacturer Support: Have never had to use. The Wow Factor: The two tone sunburst looks really good with the maple neck. Overall: This is definately a keeper, I would replace it if stolen. I am now thinking of picking up the 60's vibe, if it is anything like this one it will be great.

"WELL WORTH THE $$$$$$ ..test drive one and see for yourself ." submitted March 4, 2010

By a customer from verizon.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active musician , Gigging and Recording Nut ....
Music Style: anything but "rap crap "
Sound: Fender has finally allowed Squire to become relevant in the music world .Sounds like a Strat , looks like a Strat , feels like a Strat . A tad lighter in weight than the Fender Standard ...but I consider that a plus Feature: Its a Strat . Ease of Use: Quite the little guitar . You should have no problem using it for anything musical . Quality: The neck and fret work on this guitar is amazing . The pickups do not make all the noise most single coils are plagued with Value: I'd have paid more if that were the case . Manufacturer Support: Don't know . Its a Fender product so I have no conserns ... The Wow Factor: I already have it . Overall: I don't expect to be buying another guitar as this one does it all for me .

"Dont wait! Get your own Squier Classic Vibe 50s axe now!!!" submitted July 9, 2011

By a customer from att.net
Musical Background: active pro musician
Music Style: rock, blues
Sound: wow, this is my first squier strat and it really blows me away. the sound is really 50s strat no question about it, and it has the required strat quack, and tone. what I really like unlike new strats is that the squier relly captures the 50s sound with this guitar. its more traditional, pure, yet the pickups are noiseless in my rig which is a vox ac30 hand wired blonde amp. its really just amazing for the price and you get a gig bag, I ordered mine with the fender deluxe gig bag though! Feature: absolutely phenomenal neck finish and build, frets are great and the gloss finish I really like and it plays fabulous. Mine strat was ordered with the fiesta red finish which is a super classy color, vintage colored pickups and tone controls. setup out of the box is also impressive as no adjustment was necessary. Ease of Use: what can I say, its a strat and its a comfy guitar to play! Quality: Being that this guitar is built in china just floors me as I have played mexican strats too and those are pretty good. But the squier is built in china and its flawless, I cannot detect any problems with it from the wiring, finish, setup, build quality! Also, squier strat is packaged perfectly with great attention to make sure the guitar arrives pristine unlike some other loser companies etc. Value: unquestionably a superb value! This start for the price is as good as anything under a 1000 dollars easily. But for the price its an unbeatable start. And, I dont hve a problem that it says squier on the peg head either! Manufacturer Support: fender answers their phone if you call them and they are friendly folks that will answers all your questions, The Wow Factor: the classic vibe 50s come in 4 colors, all of which are classy and cool. The guitar definitely boasts a vibe of earlier times and its that simpleness that really brings the classic vibe alive. Overall: I will be gigging with this new strat in a few weeks, and I really like the tone it brings to our sound. Its a great guitar and records well. Ive never owned a Squier strat and I bought this one mainly due to all the great reviews posted on the internet. And, I like maple necks, so the classic vibe 50s was a perfect choice. Because of its price, Ive decided to buy the remaining 3 strats in their respective colors to complete the 4 model set. For the price its a perfect fit for me and it comes with a fender deluxe gig bag which is the equivalent of gibson's gig bag for their les paul studio guitars. I recommend this guitar to everyone it really is a fantastic top quality product - believe the hype its the real deal and in this day and age its hard for us blokes to get a deal on anything without mortaging the house. Thanks ZZOUNDS and Squier for making it happen!

"Well worth the price!!" submitted May 25, 2011

Music Style: Blues
Sound: My classic vibe strat arrived three days after I ordered, it was well packed and appeared to be straight from the factory. Once I tuned it up i was amazed to find that the intonation was pretty much spot on, with only a minor adjustment needed. This is my second strat, the first was a MIM '04 and I've gotta say this one blows it out of the water. The classic strat tone is definitely there, I especially like the bridge-middle combo which I never used on my mexi strat. The neck pickup can be a little harsh but when I rolled down the tone it sounds very sweet. Feature: To allen wrenchs and a trem bar. Pretty standard. Ease of Use: It sounded good right out of the box with very few adjustments. Quality: I got the lake placid blue finish and it's really stunning, I couldn't find any flaws in the body. Everyone whose seen it has been impressed with the metallic blue color. The body is extremely light which may effect the sustain some, but it doesnt bother me when its plugged in. The neck is thin but comfortable to play, the frets are nicely polished with no buzz. My only complaint with the neck is the nut which is cut a little rough, but it doesn't effect the playability. Overall I can't find anything wrong with the the Value: One of the most impressive things about the Classic Vibe series is how much you get for the money. They look and sound great don't let the Squier name fool you they are as good if not better than the MIM strats. I played a bunch of strats at the local music shop before I decided to order a Classic Vibe and I could not find a better value Manufacturer Support: Haven't had any experience.

"You will sleep with this guitar!" submitted August 14, 2011

Musical Background: Singer-songwriter playing @ 27 years
Music Style: Whatever feels right and does not involve a banjo
Sound: of course all of the major music companies sell merchandise at EXACTLY the same price. I considered buying my strat (50's Squier...LOVELY!) from Sweetwater because of the setup-checkup but you offered a gig bag with the purchase. I went with you for the gig bag. The guitar came without the gig bag and I was told it was NOT offered with that guitar because od the color. Color? I swear all the Squiers offered the gig bag but was told not so. Hmmm... Not a deal breaker gentleman but it might play a part in who to buy from next time. Otherwise, great service! Have bought from you before. Buy the way, I didn't make a big stink about the gig bag because the guitar is beyond a good deal already so why be greedy? Thanks folks! Feature: Five because of the gig bag deal. I believe it came with the wrenches books cards etc. Did have the whammy bar.It's a strat Ease of Use: It's a strat folks, how easy can it be to get great sounds out of it? It was set up pretty well out of the box. I did however set it up a little better for exact intonation action etc.Sounds and plays REALLY nice. Most of my friends end up buying what I purchase and I definately will refer this one. I own 29 guitars but still want several more. "Hey, how many guitars does a guitar player need? ANSWER: "Just one more!" Quality: I read lots of reviews. This guitar lives up to those reviews and more! It might be the best electric I have ever played. Well maybe my Rickenbacher 12-string might win out but you see what I mean. Fit and finish is excellent throught out! I could almost sleep with it. I love the Fiesta red and maple neck combination. I would buy another and actually plan to buy the whole series, including the telecasters too. The only complaint is minor, and I mean minor, is the jack plate on this guitar. Chrome plating is a three step process and this parts chrome was quite dull. Looked really bad compared to the rest of the guitar. This speaks well for the guitar in that such a small sdetail stood out so much. No problem for a fanatic like me... I ordered a new one! (Not a guitar, the jack plate!) Value: The price? Hmm...just look up this guitar in the " Custom Shop" section. You will see it selling for over $4000. That is thousand gentleman! I have not played the custom shop model but I'd guess the difference is not that noticeable. Am I wrong? Manufacturer Support: As stated in most reviews, have not had to deal with them. The Wow Factor: Duh...what? I like this guitar. I mean really LIKE this guitar! I believe I have made that apparent in my responses already. Ten on everything. Overall: I will be satisfied forever. I've only been married once you know. I know a good thing when I see it. I plan to buy more of this series of Squiers as I can afford it. A Surf Green with a maple neck would be a nice model to release. As far as helping me meet my musical goals...I planned to be a rock star. That has not and will not happen but that is not the guitars fault. It is doing all it can! Anymore questions? Geez!!!

"Great tone and awesome vibes" submitted February 18, 2013

By MIchael M in Troy, AL
Overall
Musical Background: 7yrs, various bands, college ensembles.
Music Style: Mostly blues and rock with a little country mixed in.
Sound: The tone is great, ranging anywhere from classic rock to country. Blues just sounds great on this guitar. The pick ups are very responsive to your picking dynamics, and don't be afraid to use the tone knobs, its a strat if you work with it your tonal varieties can be seemingly endless. Feature: Well features are what is expected on a strat, 5 way switch,1 volume, 2 tone, and 3 great single coils. I really love the vintage style tuners as well, once you figure out the trick to stringing it up, it hardly ever goes out of tune. Ease of Use: Its a strat, if you can't get a good tone from a strat... I have some bad news for you. Quality: Quality is outstanding and I enjoy play this guitar over some of my mexican strats. It holds its own very well. I use it as a back up to my american hss strat, and my srv. It stands out tonally just as well with the original pickups and I see no reason to change them. Value: Simply worth every penny, I'd put it up against any american and not feel like I have an inferior guitar. Yes its that good. Manufacturer Support: Fender has always been helpful and friendly for me. The Wow Factor: Lake placid blue is quite the sexy color if I do say so myself. Overall: I have the lake placid blue model and I've put it through the paces playing different styles of music and several different bands. Its gotten beaten up more than I'd care to admit, but it takes the abuse and keeps on truckin, the tone out of the pickups is just great I have no complaints. My only complaint was how thick the finish was on the back of the neck, nothing a little sandpaper can't cure though.

"Great Strat but dont judge the actual color on what you get" submitted September 12, 2011

Music Style: Classic Rock,Metal, Blues
Sound: Typical strat sounds as others have mentioned. Sound quality is very good, p/u's are quite quiet which shocked me. No much hum at all.I just got it so I cant comment much more than that.lol. Feature: Gig bag, 2 allen wrenched and Trem arm. Typical and better than not having them. Ease of Use: Oh its cake, if you can play a guitar this shouldnt be an issue,HOWEVER, the back of the neck is HI GLOSS, any guitar player knows what that means...sticking hands..personally i would have liked a satin or unfinished neck. Quality: Other than a quick tuning it was set and ready to jam. Mechanically no complaints, but again as i said above the neck has to much gloss.I would trust this as a back up for sure though. Value: Could be a slight bit cheaper in my opinion, but only time can really tell, so I give it an 8. Manufacturer Support: Nope havent had to. The Wow Factor: I give this an 8 due to the fact that i got mine in Olympic White and judging by the picture on here of the product the pick-guard looks lighter and more of a wood grain, in reality its more copper color.Those things do matter to me..i am funny like that. Overall: I would replace it if damaged ,lost,or stolen only if the price was a tad bit lower.Dont get me wrong its a great Strat BUT i get the feeling your paying for the "Classic Vibe,series"...not really greater overall quality..again its not bad,lol.

"Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat" submitted March 4, 2012

By Bobby S
Musical Background: Intermediate
Music Style: Blues/Rock
Overall: I read plenty of reviews before I purchased the Squire CV 50s Strat. I looked at reviews here and on StratTalk and other forums. They all said the same thing about the CV 50s being a really good quality instrument. I have to agree. Mine was very well packaged in a nice sturdy box. The fit is tight and the Lake Placid Blue finish is very well done. The medium high frets are smoothed on the ends pretty well and the setup wasn't bad either right out of the box. The CV 50 also has some pretty good pups in it. I am amazed Squire would put this kind of quality into an instrument in this price range. The only real con I have is the neck finish. It is poly which wouldn't be bad if it was just a thinner application and was satin instead of gloss. Other than that it has good sustain and plays great! Squire is raising the bar!

"Secret of it all" submitted August 20, 2013

By Robert U in Brooklyn, NY
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years plus!
Music Style: Blues, 60s Rock,
Overall: The Squire 50s vibe Strat ,one of those great surprises we all read about 10 years from know and are sorry we didn't buy one! The quality of the workmanship on this guitar far exceed MM Strats, and the standard . Even though we all seem to tend to shy away from China Production , it seems theses Crafted in China 50s Vibes worth every Penny and more . Right out of the box ,the feel and set up are there , very comfortable neck , and if you investigate this guitar further you will find that Tonerider Safaris are the chosen pickups ( similar to 54s , with a little more bite ) . This guitar is for Rock ,and Blues, so if your looking for a metal players guitar , Don't Look At This Guitar ! Sound wise ,it's a beauty those 50s Strat tones , Surfing , Rockin and Smooth !

"Great Stratocaster!!!" submitted May 22, 2011

Musical Background: Almost Famous
Music Style: Pop punk/ Hardcore
Sound: The sound is pretty responsive. :) I love the way I got go from milky smooth tones to tuff chugging. Feature: Came with the whammy bar. :) pretty straight forward setup. Two tone knobs and the volume knob. Ease of Use: Very easy to use. Quality: Very sturdy the neck is beautiful I love it! Value: Best guitar for the price range. Manufacturer Support: Didn't contact. The Wow Factor: The guitar in person is really awesome. Overall: It's all great!

"CLASSIC VIBE '5O's STRAT ROCKS!!!!" submitted August 17, 2011

Music Style: Country, Rockabilly, Blues and Southern Rock
Sound: I have owned many different Strats. American made Fenders and other Squiers and I have to admit that this is one of the best sounding and playing Strats that I have ever played on. Feature: Just came with the standard tremolo bar, which I discarded as I always do on a Strat. If I could change anything about a Start, it would be to make them a hardtail bridge without any tremolo. But that is just my preference. Ease of Use: With a Strat having 3 PU's, 5 selector switch and 2 tone knobs, you can get just about any tone you want. Quality: It is made exceptionally well. It may have been made in China but it is a great instrument. Value: It is a great buy,you get more than your money's worth. Manufacturer Support: It is a Squier by Fender, so you know that they stand behind their product. I have only sent one guitar back made by Fender and it was replaced with a better quality instrument. The Wow Factor: I have the Lake Placid Blue and It is gorgeous!!! Overall: I will play this guitar as long as it keeps giving me the quality sound and performance that is giving!! That don't mean I might not buy another just for the hell of it!!

"Excellent instrument" submitted March 15, 2012

By Shawn B in Elmira, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing 26 years. I play lead guitar in a classic rock band.
Music Style: Rock, blues, some metal.
Overall: Well I did my research and it came down to a Made in Mexico Strat or this Chinese made Squire. Everything I read said go with the Squier, so I bought it. Wow...this thing is phenomenal. The finish (white with copper pickguard) is absolutely flawless, and when we play a gig I hear people in the audience comment on how beautiful a guitar it is. It plays like a strat, sounds like a strat. I love a good maple fingerboard, the frets are perfect, intonation was good from the factory. The action is a tad bit high, but I will remedy that with a good pro setup if I think it ever becomes a problem. I don't regret buying this.

"Classic Vibe" submitted June 8, 2014

By ian n in roc, NY
Overall
Musical Background: I'm a professional musician has been playing for over 20 years.
Music Style: I play rock country and blues.
Overall: The Square Classic Vibe 50s Strat is really well made,looked all over up-and-down tryed to find a flaw the guitar was flawless I believe it will be very hard to find a guitar at this price that is any better i cant say this enough this is a really great guitar if you've always wanted to classic Stratocaster guitar and couldn't afford a real vintage or reissue you should go buy one of these. PS I own 40+ guitars and this is one of the Best!

"Excellent Guitar for the Money" submitted September 10, 2012

By Donny M in Chicago, IL
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar, bass and keys for 20 years.
Music Style: chillwave ragtime, Balinese reggaeton
Overall: I really don't think you can buy a better Strat for the money right now. These Classic Vibes are really one of the best things Fender has put out in a long time. It helps that the quality of Chinese guitar building has gone up of course. These are much better than the Mexican Standards by far. One thing I will mention is that is needed a little Fret Level, Truss rod adjustment, and a new nut to get to the standards I am used, but you definitely could play it right out of the box and be happy as well. The pickups sound great! I was really surprised at those as well.

"NICE ELECTRIC GUITAR" submitted March 8, 2014

By Don N in JUDSONIA, AR
Musical Background: Former Professional Now Hobbyist
Music Style: Smooth Jazz, Classic Rock, 60's, 70's
Overall: I Have To Say This Is One Fine Playing Strat That Squier Has. The Neck On This Is The Best I've Ever Felt And I've Been Playing Electric Guitar For 49 Years And Owned Fender And Gibsons Both And This Plays Better Up And Down The Neck Better Than Any Of Those. Sounds Fantastic Just Like A Strat. I Plan On Keeping This And Am Glad I Got It. Get This Guitar

When you call, mention priority code 16JK-0K9P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976