When you call, mention priority code 20J-YQN5

Rating and Reviews: Squier VM Mustang Guitar

With its distinctive 24" scale, dual pickup selectors, and vibrato tailpiece, the Vintage Modified Mustang is a premium guitar at an entry-level price.

"Awsome guitar Love it!" submitted November 19, 2015

By Dusty S in Lacey, WA
Music Style: Metal, Grunge,Rock,
Overall: I had to look twice to see if it was American made, because this Guitar has a similar feel to my American Made Fender. And for 299.99 it plays faster and feels like silk in my hands. Don't understand why people gave this Guitar a bad rap Mine is the best $300 i've ever spent on a Guitar. Also the Vintage white is Way Prettier than in the Picture, very stunning guitar.

"Don't understand all the Mustang Hate.." submitted October 23, 2015

By Robert Shields III in Sharon Springs , NY
Overall
Musical Background: Been playing guitar for almost 10, drums for 16, keyboards for almost 20 and bass on and off for 10.
Music Style: Art punk, Funk Rock, Hardcore Punk, No Wave, Post Hardcore, Post-Punk, Post Rock, Blues, Classic Rock, World Beat.
Overall: I bought a Fender Squier Mustang in Fiesta Red a fee weeks ago from my local guitar shop and let me tell you, this thing sings like a banshee. The bridge that came with it is a pain in the ass, but with a little TLC, and some maintenance, it's not a problem. I love the Vibrato and how you don't need to use the bar to move it: you can use your hand. There are so many unique, killer tones that you can get out of it. I hooked it up to my Proco Rat pedal and I was blown away by all the Punk Rock tones I was getting out of it. It's also great for Funk, Classic Rock, and even Jazz and Blues. The scale size of it is amazing because I have such small hands for a dude, and it's easy for me to play all sorts of things. I should have went for these a long ass time ago. I don't understand why so many say it's not a blues guitar...I have to disagree. I played plenty of blues licks and riffs on it and it sounded like blues to me. Any guitar can be a blues guitar. You just have to have the soul to play it in my mind. Anyway, for the price of this little monster, it's a great buy for me. I don't think I'll get rid of it unless I get a real Fender USA Mustang.

"not really impressed..." submitted October 23, 2012

By a customer from hotmail.com in Monterey, MA
Overall
Overall: well, owning 2 Fender Mustangs and seeing the quality improve in Squier guitars I thought I'd give this a shot.first thing when I got the guitar the lead pickup switch doesn't work...I have spares so not a huge deal.not stated in the description is the fact the pup switches are stubby like Cobain had his. kinda hard to change positions on the fly. the bridge sux and should be replaced with a real Mustang bridge.sound is okay, a bit stronger than a Fender Mustang but that's not a bad thing.the tuners are a bit cheep but do the job pretty good so far.the neck is the downfall for me.it's really round and quite large. not like any Mustang I've ever played. I find it to be more like a Gibson shape than a Fender.there are a couple little things like the tone/volume plate is not alined right and is touching the trem base plate, the pickguard is not cut well and shows some wobbles and poor cuts on the switch holes.I own over 25 guitars ranging from Fender USA to Mosrite and still my favorite guitar is a Squier Duo-Sonic.I'm not being a guitar snob here, I just think these guitars were rushed out a littla soon.Squier has been making some really good guitars lately but I don't think this is one of them....for a first time Mustang, it might be fine but for me, I'm gonna have to drop a few bucks to upgrade it to be more like a real Fender.
32 of 35 people (91.43%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"NICE GUITAR" submitted November 19, 2016

By Don N in Judsonia, AR
Overall
Musical Background: I've Been Playing 53 Years. Classic Rock Like The Doobie Brothers,etc. Smooth Jazz Lee Ritenour And Larry Carlton
Music Style: I Like Classic Rock And Smooth Jazz
Overall: First Off, This Was The Fastest I've Ever Got An Electric Guitar Shipped To My Address With zZounds So, That Was Wonderful. After I Made Some Adjustments To Lower The Strings To Get Better Action, It Was Fun And Easy To Play. I Like The Tinted Gloss On The Neck And The 22 Frets. My Hand Slides Up And Down The Neck Extremely Easy. And The Tremolo Bar Is Fantastic And Makes It Easy To Get That Surf, Ventures Sound. The Two Slider Switches Need To Adjust To The Way You Want It To Sound. I Play Thru A Fender Super Champ x2 Tube Amp And It Sounds Just Fine. All In All It Really Is A Nice Guitar And For The Money You Can't Beat It. I Am Allready Thinking Of Getting Another Squier Electric Guitar In The Future For My Collection.

"Kurt Cobain fans, snag one of these...you won't be sorry!" submitted November 1, 2016

By Timothy Hawkins in San Francisco, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Been a musician (I'm 63 )since 8. Guitar player 3 years. Clarinet
Sound: The tonal variety found in the Mustang are vast. A little more volume, a little less tone, you decide who you emulate or find one or many to call your own. Feature: The playability of this short scale 'student model' guitar makes it a favorite of many who strum her. Just so smooth. Action and tone just sweet. Bridge tuners, neck break angle. Right on the money. Ease of Use: As I've said, I m a fan. Very easy to play. Fast neck Quality: Well, other than upgrading pickups to higher output or changing to locking tuners, pots and such. It's all relative to your wants and 'needs'. Busking or playing shows. You decide. For the price, you can't lose Value: Best bang for the buck. Manufacturer Support: They have always pretty much bent over trying to give me great service. Still waiting for them to design a t-shirt. The Wow Factor: What else can be said. Want a Fender for less than nm half the price. SQUIER ALL DAY LONG! Overall: First of all, I am the proud owner of 9 guitars purchased through zZounds.com. I really love zZounds, let me get that out of the way. Second,

When you call, mention priority code 20J-YQN5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976