When you call, mention priority code 15FS-LWZD

Rating and Reviews: Vintage Modified Jaguar

Experience the vintage style and playability of a '60s Jaguar. This Squier Jag features Duncan Designed JG-101 single-coil pickups, and a 24" scale neck.

"Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar" submitted October 15, 2013

By Adam K in Berkeley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 30 years playing music, guitar, bass, drums, miscellaneous.
Music Style: Punk, Britpop, Psychedelic
Overall: The price can't be beat, and it's cool that Squier is making this run of models. Keep in mind that they aren't going to be the quality of true Fender guitars. The manufacturer (not zzounds) sent the wrong tremolo bar with the guitar and it is missing some screws. Also, the strings are low gauge and have gone flat less than a month after I started playing the guitar. All of this is remedied and with the installment plan I can purchase guitars I've wanted to buy for years but have never been able to afford.

"Squier VM Jaguar" submitted May 17, 2014

By Ricky P in Montebello, CA
Music Style: Blues, indie alternative
Overall: Amazing guitar. I was blown away by the sounds you can get from this instrument. Being my first Jag I didn't know what to expect, but it quickly became my #1. In short the Jag is a quirky guitar without much sustain with a one of a kind sound. Oh and those bell like overtones are something else. Yes the bridge is a hassle but its fixable. Do your research and you won't be dissapointed.

"Squire vintage modified Jaguar" submitted March 13, 2014

By Michael R in Pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: 4yrs guitar
Music Style: Surf, Rock, Metal, finger picking some classical.
Overall: The sound of this guitar is fantastic. You wont get a prettier guitar for the money. The amount of sound possibilities can keep you entertained almost as much as a "strat" with a 5 way switch and 3 pickups. As far as quality is concerned, the bridge is like all the other Jaguars. It is hard to dial in and you will be battling constant buzzing, but if you don't mind playing with it for a while, you really can dial it in. The frets on my guitar protrude from the fretboard and are sharp! I keep mine on a wall hanger and the weight of the guitar actually cut my hand as I grabbed it from it's neck! Poor quality control there, but it's the price you pay for not shelling out the big bucks for a "fender". The vintage tuners look cool, but the don't hold a tune very well. With a little money in upgrades, you're sure to have a lifelong favorite amongst your collection!

"Great Guitar!" submitted December 14, 2012

By Don N in Heber Springs, AR
Musical Background: Been Playing 46 Years, Electric Guitar
Music Style: Classic Rock, Smooth Jazz, R&B, Country
Overall: I Just Got This Jacguar Vintage Modified In The Candy Apple Red And I'm Very Happy Indeed. It Looked Great Right Out Out Of The Box. I Just Lowered The Saddles At The Bridge And Now It Plays And Sounds Great. The Tremolo Bar Is The Best I've Ever Used. It Sits Up Higher Than They Usually Do. I've Been Playing For 46 Years And This Is My Favorite To Play. I'll Be Using This To Play In The Praise/Worship Group From Now On. It Really Looks Fantastic And With The 3 Black Pickup Switches You Can Get Some Really Great Sounds. Like John Fogarty, Classic Rock To Name A Few. I Plan On Keeping This One. It's A Joy To Play.
11 of 13 people (84.62%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Can U believe..I'M a Squire man now!" submitted April 22, 2014

By P G
Overall
Overall: I'm moving out of state and my American guitars have been sold off. I replaced my JazzMaster and Jaguar with "gulp" the Squire versions made in Indonesia. . Not expecting much..What a great surprise... Since we are talking Jaguar here, I should start from the beginning about what I plug the Jag into.. A Zoom G3, stereo out to 2 Fender Greta Amps, mike with one mike which had 2 diaphragms, stereo out to an ART PRO VLA 2's and either record with a Tascam 32 or mike the amps to a monitor for live playin. The Greta's are only 2 watts each.each Greta to an Eminence speaker. With all components running "flat" I give the edge to the Americans.. although not a whole bunch.. Running through my G3 etc.. the Indonisia guitars take the prize hands down.. at least for he eclectic playing I do. One very strange thing with the Squires.. (I have 2 of each, on set for slide the other setup for finger pickin' 3 of the 4 has 1 screw missing (like me" at the same place..I also notice that each one is made from 3 pieces of wood although its hard to tell. Here's the big difference.. I have to back off on the EFX some and the sound really gets me in the groove I feel kinda bad for the workers in the Indonesia plant because each one has been good to go..(slight adjustments) and the mysterious missing screws. I know it would take a blind A/B test and I can't do that, but all and all I'm very happy. No rattles from the infamous bridge .. great feel .. great sounds from both sides of the switch.The JazzMaster has a position that has a great "scooped" out sound.. but thats for a different review. Purchase one.. I have to admit I like the JazzMaster a bit more but the Jag has a bit more "pop" to it... whats the worst that could happen? send it back if you don't like it, or send it to me!

When you call, mention priority code 15FS-LWZD. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976