When you call, mention priority code 202-GM5Q

Rating and Reviews: Vintage Moded Tele Custom

As part of the Vintage Modified series, this Squier offers an affordable version of one of the all-time great Telecaster releases.

"A+ Quality and Value" submitted January 29, 2015

By Matt N in Sacramento, CA
Musical Background: Guitar player 30 years, bands and recording
Music Style: Rock, Indie, Emo, Lo Fi
Sound: It sounds like a Tele should, every bit as good as my Japanese Custom sounded. The Duncan designed bridge pickup nails it. Feature: I love Telecasters, and this guitar delivers the Tele sound with the versatility of a Les Paul's tone and volume controls. The tone nobs are very useful and give you a very useable tone gradient. Ease of Use: It is obvious that care was taken by the designers to provide quality, useable tone circuitry. After setting up the guitar it is very playable. The neck looks and feels nice. Quality: The guitar looks beautiful, and seems to be made of quality woods and components. There is nothing on this guitar that looks flimsy or like it will break any time soon. The only problem with the guitar was the high 3rd fret. If increased quality control in this area meant higher prices, I think I would choose the DIY fret job option. Value: I don't know how they made a guitar of this quality with a price this low. I hope the factory workers are happy. Maybe I'll visit Indonesia sometime and talk to one of them. I'll get some clove cigarettes too. Manufacturer Support: I did not try to contact the company. The Wow Factor: Of course I could make good music without it, but I love the concept of offering tried and true classic designs for very reasonable prices. If this were my only guitar, it would be a very useful versatile musical tool. It's a great looking, great sounding instrument that has brought Squier up in my estimation as a brand. Overall: A few years back my Japanese Tele Custom was stolen and I've been pining for a replacement ever since. I was very impressed with the Vintage Modified Jaguar that Squier put out, so when I saw that they had one of these I snapped it right up. It really is like having my old friend back! Another shout out to whoever is responsible for the vintage modified series. Great quality, great pickups, just be prepared to do a set up. If you're an experienced player you'll want it set up, and (IMO) should know how to do one. If you're not an experienced player it won't matter so much, but if it does, it's time to learn how to set up your guitar; (intonation, truss, & action) it's all over youtube. It should be said though that after I adjusted the intonation, truss, and action I needed to level the frets and take down the nut a bit, which is not a job for the beginner. If i didn't know how to do it myself, I would have sent it back and tried my luck with another one because it's such a nice guitar. I'd like to believe that the high 3rd fret was a fluke. I'll give it 4 stars because of the high fret.

"Vintage Moded Tele Custom Great" submitted January 6, 2016

Overall
Overall: the guitar is sounds and plays great lot better than expected. definitely worth the buy

"Squier Blemished Vintage modified Tele Custom tri burst" submitted October 8, 2015

By John F in Sarasota, FL
Musical Background: Playing guitar for over forty years
Music Style: Rock, country and minimal blues.
Overall: I have been playing guitar over forty years starting in 1967. I have been lucky enough to buy a pre cbs blonde tele that I played in Temple/ Waco and Austin Texas over fifteen years. And since have bought and sold many different Fenders along the way. Always modified the less expensive finds to scream or send out melodious tone through a good tube amp with a decent Alnico speaker, Two weeks ago I was looking through an email add on specials through zz and went back to my favorite area to browse which is fender guitars and lately Squiers made in Indonesia. I ran across a Vintage Modded Tele Custom tri burst blemished at a severally discounted price and the last one. It was late and I passed on a similar deal a year before and started reading all the stellar reviews throughout the year. I charged the guitar and it came in three days today. It sounds beautiful through my deluxe reverb amp. I was prepared to change out the pickups, but they sound wonderful . The neck humbucker is not muddy and has claean to crunch if you want it . The bridge pickup cuts right through the mix with a nice searing sustain that is just killer. I searched for a blemish and asked my wife to help me. I cant find a blemish. This guitar is getting a nice case next week and will be cherished for what years I have left. Thank you Fender and ZZounds. I will always check your site first for anything I might need in the future.

"Great Tele Purchase" submitted November 1, 2015

By John Fellabaum in Sarsota, FL
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing 36 years off and on. About four years in bands before turning 24. Later for relaxation and personal enjoymen
Music Style: Rock, light blues, minor country early.
Overall: I would like to let everyone know I have owned over five telecasters in my sixty years of life and never a strat. I have played strats but I am a tele guy. I owned a pre cbs tele for the first portion of my life until I had to sell it in Austin at thirty two. This most recent purchase of a Squier modified tele custom blemished is the best guitar purchse I have made since the pre cbs tele. It came in a well packed box polished and the action low, neck straight , no buzzes and not one blemish I or any of my friends can find. It sounds wonderful plugged into my fender deluxe reverb with an OCD 4 overdrive and a ditto loop. That's all I use now. My amp does have a alnico weber 12" speaker as a mod , but the guitar is straight from zZounds. I recommend you keep zZounds at your fingers touch on your computer when pricing musical equipment , because you may find yourself purchasing a beautiful instrument for a third less than what you expected and receiving a keeper like I have. I hope everyone receives as much joy from playing music as I have through life. Have fun.

When you call, mention priority code 202-GM5Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976