When you call, mention priority code 12BD-1CZ6

Rating and Reviews: Squier VM '70s Strat MN

Modern substance meets '70s style with this guitar. It comes loaded with Duncan Designed pickups, a lively basswood body, and a sleek maple neck.

"Great Stratocaster!" submitted March 11, 2012

By Dave H in Bloomington, IN
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 1963, guitar and bass, semi pro.
Music Style: Folk, Rock, Blues.
Overall: This is a very nice guitar. I have owned several Fenders over the last forty years and this one is as good or better than any of them. The tinted glossy neck is like a 50's vintage one. I once played a Stratocaster with the serial number 00024 (1954) and this one feels like that.

"Top Notch Strat" submitted November 21, 2013

By Josh S in Beattyville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 24 years as a hobby.
Music Style: Hard rock/ Heavy Metal
Sound: Pickups are awesome. They covered the whole spectrum and even did a very good job with metal. Pinch harmonics seemed to be more pronounced on this guitar than hot humbucker equipped instruments. Feature: Tinted maple neck is fabulous. As mentioned early pickups are very hot. Worst feature on the guitar is the old syncronized tremelo, but those are horrible on all Fenders. They can be made to work, but most of us don't fool with trying. Ease of Use: Pickups and selector switch allow pretty much any sound you need, short of the obvious humbucker sounds. Neck is fast even though it is laquered. Guitar was set up pretty high from the factory. With included wrenches, I adjusted truss rod and string saddles and was able to get Fender's recommended Strat string height with no buzz...but I couldn't go any lower. Let's face it, most high dollar American or Japanese guitars are pro set-up with fret leveling done at the factory to make you think you are getting "more for your money" than the cheaper guitars like this Squier. However, you could have the frets leveled on this guitar and have super low action. But like I said, it is totally able to be set-up within spec and very playable. Quality: Paint is perfect, neck, tuners, pickups, knobs...everything seemed like high quality. I did not look at the wiring, so I can't speak to that. From all outward appearances you could stamp U.S.A. and Fender on the headstock and no one would be the wiser. Value: Probably the best value out there, short of the Classic Vibe series. If only they offered the Classic Vibe with these pickups. . . Manufacturer Support: Not need at the moment. The Wow Factor: Black pickguard, black guitar, labeled pickups, 70s headstock...it definately has the bad boy rock and roll guitar look. Overall: One of the best bang for the buck out there. Second only to the Classic Vibe series, which I think is the best valued guitar every produced. This one comes close. Pickups are hotter (if that's what you are looking for). Set-up from the factory is not as good as the Classic Vibe series. All in all, a quality instrument with outstanding looks and sound.

"Excellent Guitar for the Money!!!" submitted April 12, 2012

By mark s in Sheboygan, WI
Musical Background: semi professional...45 years experience
Music Style: rock, country and blues
Overall: I've been playing since 1963. I watched some you tube reviews of this guitar and bought one. I am very pleased. The neck is a little "beefier" then the Classic Vibe series Squires, but this guitar plays and sound like a dream. The Duncan Designed pickups give nice tone in all positions. My advice..buy one before the price goes up

"Great Guitar" submitted October 27, 2013

By Tommy M in St. Louis, MO
Overall
Musical Background: About 4 years. Just Guitar. Jam at home.
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Blues, Funk
Overall: As a basic player, I'm very happy with this guitar. I bought a blemished guitar and there was a simple scratch in the finish above the pick-ups. I play through a Orange Crush CR20 and it sounds great on clean and with distortion. I like to play classic rock/new wave metal to funk. With this guitar I've been able to match pretty much any of those tones. Although you can't get a very heavy tone, you can still achieve something that is aggressive, I use a Metal Muff pedal. My only concern is that there is a bit of noise, too much for my liking, so I will most likely invest in a noise suppressor pedal. The styling of the guitar is great. I love the black on black look, along with the larger headstock. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and I would recommend this great priced guitar to anyone looking to buy a strat.

"Squier Vintage Modified 70's Stratocaster" submitted February 3, 2014

By Lisa H in Wynne, AR
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Classic Rock, Blues
Overall: LOVE IT!! I'm a beginner and this guitar has been great for me. Feels and sounds wonderful. Highly recommended.

"Squier VM 70" submitted January 18, 2014

By Lisa H in Wynne, AR
Musical Background: Beginner
Music Style: Rock,Blues
Overall: This is my 2nd guitar, and I love it. Plays great. ZZounds was awesome to deal with, and super fast.

"Best guitar I have owned in this price range." submitted October 11, 2013

By Robbie M in Big Stone Gap, VA
Musical Background: Semi-professional; guitar, mandolin, bass, lap steel
Music Style: Rock, Americana, Bluegrass, Folk
Sound: There is a certain sound that only a Strat can achieve. This guitar can do it every day of the week. The cleans are crystal clear, but it will scream through a low watt Class A tube amp with the natural 'bite'. I had a pickup swap in mind for it before I had ordered the guitar, but there's nothing wrong with these Duncan Designed pickups. Feature: I thought about getting just a bargain basement Mexican Fender, but I don't like a non-gloss maple fretboard. The vintage tint gloss neck on this guitar is incredible for this price. The Duncan Designed pickups can do whatever you need them to do. Ease of Use: The guitar came out of the box with a decent setup. After tweaking the intonation and a set of fresh strings, it was ready to go. Quality: This is a well-made instrument. The not too heavy, but still has the heft of a quality instrument. It did have a blemish on the pickguard from the above-mentioned solder incident during manufacture. But after speaking with a zZounds customer service rep, I ended up getting the guitar for the 'blemished' price so I can't really complain about that. Value: I don't know if I just got a gem out of the bunch, but I couldn't have found a better guitar for the money. A 'Five-Star' value rating honestly doesn't do it justice. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with manufacturer. The Wow Factor: It has the classic look and sound that I wanted without having to mortgage my house. It looks as good as as any Strat I've seen that was made in the last 20 years. Overall: Overall, it is a lot more guitar than what I paid. It sounds like a Strat should. I am of the opinion that I would rather have a higher model Squier than a basement model Fender, and this guitar did not disappoint. However at some point during the assembly process, someone apparently missed the fact that some solder had been dropped onto the pickguard. It melted through the protective plastic and left a noticeable blemish on the pickguard. I needed the guitar as a backup for two shows two days after I received the guitar, so I kept the guitar and zZounds customer support credited $50 to my order with very little hassle. After a dozen or so shows since receiving it a month ago, I wouldn't sell it for twice what I paid.

When you call, mention priority code 12BD-1CZ6. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976