When you call, mention priority code 20W-ZP0K

Rating and Reviews: Squier Pete Wentz Bass

Spec'd by the Fall Out Boy bassist and sporting heart-bat graphics, this signature Squier is loaded with a Duncan Designed pickup for defined treble edge.

"Very Surprised" submitted April 10, 2015

By BJ Probert in West Jordan, UT
Overall
Musical Background: 16 years on the bass; 10 years on drums; been on tour; and in the studio numerous times
Music Style: I learned to play bass on the blues and jazz, then I was heavily influenced on punk and thrash metal. Over the course of time I
Sound: I use a pick, fingers, and slap. I tried all three of those on this bass and it handled it better than most of my higher priced bass guitars. I like to mess with tones so I turned the bass all the way up, turned mids all the way down, then turned treble all the way up for more of a heavy tone and it was magnificent. I then went back to a normal punk tone and I think it sounded the best with that tone. I was using my Fender Rumble 350, but then I plugged it into my Hartke 4x10 combo and it sounded like a million bucks. Even with just the one nob I was able to play with my tones and make it sound any way I wanted it o Feature: The neck is very easy to play. Its a very straight forward bass. I was able to pull it out of the box and I did very little adjustments on the action and it was good to go. The fact that it is so straight forward makes it all the better because that means there is less that can go wrong with it. Ease of Use: It doesn't take much to get a solid tone from this bass. It doesn't matter if you use a pick, or fingers, or slap either. I have played bass long enough to know that I want a certain tone depending on what style of music I am playing. I was able to get a very gritty tone while playing metal, a very clean tone when playing blues or jazz, and a very punchy tone when playing punk or alternative. You could play this bass as a beginner and just learning; or you could add this to your collection like I did and just be blown away by it. Quality: Its a Squier; this bass will be around for a long time. I play my basses hard and for the last 3 days I have already been beating the crap out of this bass; and it only seems to sound better every time I plug it in. The face plate and design are put on there very well and the mechanical parts are solid. When I was adjusting the action I could tell the saddle was in a good spot and easy to use. Also, its a nice solid Precision body; so even if I rough it up a bit; it will still look amazing. Value: This bass; in my eyes is an absolute steal. This is like buying a brand new Camaro for HALF the price! The normal price of this bass is $500 and the fact I got it for about $300 is just a deal. AND; on top of that I am making 4 monthly payments with no interest; you can not beat that deal. Manufacturer Support: This was actually my first purchase through zzounds and I could not have been happier with the experience. Nice easy payment plan, and I ordered the bass on a Friday afternoon and the bass showed up Tuesday morning! I have never owned a Squier before, but after this experience I will be in the market for another one soon. The Wow Factor: The fact that it is a solid bass is the biggest thing. I can play this at shows, take it on the road, or just play it at home. It has a very cool design that makes the bass stand out while on stage. If you are considering buying this bass; stop thinking about it and just buy it. You will not be disappointed. Overall: I have played bass for 16 years and have everything from Warwick to Music Man to Ibanez. I was in the market for a signature bass and there were lots I was considering, but I was drawn to this bass for the design and the maple neck. After inspecting it further I was very happy to see Duncan pickups and the fact it only had one nob (volume). I did not hesitate to buy it because with only a volume nob that means I can get a pure bass tone using minimal; or no effects. After the bass arrived I plugged it into my Fender Rumble 350 and I seriously was blown away by the tone this bad boy got. I was messing with settings on my amp, but the bass stayed a constant pure tone. I am very impressed with the bass and I would highly recommend this bass to anyone. Looks great, easy to play, and sounds amazing

Squier Pete Wentz Bass Customer Review submitted November 9, 2007

Overall
Sound: if you play bass at any level and love a treblely sound and a good looking bass for a great price this is it most of you might think thats its a squier and put it down but this is THE best sounding squier p bass ever and might be the best sounding bass for the money and then some Feature: ok its not like an amp or something like that but it only has one nob which is another turn of to people but u dont really need the nob that much (i wouldnt need it) but it would be nicer to have it but hows complaining Ease of Use: well this doesnt count either but its a bass strings pickup electrics not to much to say here Quality: ok its a squier but the best of the best squier the pick up i belive is a 1/4 pound duncan and it sounds amazing Value: for about 300 this bass is worth every penny and should be an option to any bass playing looking for a new cheep bass Manufacturer Support: i have a squier p bass and i never needed to call for any reson The Wow Factor: it looks amazing i mean the bat heart graphic is very well done and the pick gard with catch you're eye Overall: i love it im a big fall out boy fan and i love pete wentz's sound and the bass is very very good
54 of 66 people (81.82%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 20W-ZP0K. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976
Shop with those who respect your privacy — we do. Copyright © 1996-2015, zZounds Music, LLC. Terms of use apply.