When you call, mention priority code 20V-M7LX

Rating and Reviews: Squier J5 John 5 Tele 2

Custom humbuckers, body binding and dual volume knobs make for an awesomely atypical Tele that's perfect for fans of John 5's genre-bending shred.

"Great guitar, even with minor issues." submitted March 25, 2015

By William Adley in Newton, NH
Overall
Musical Background: 20 year professional.
Music Style: Metal, Alternative, Rock
Overall: I purchased the Frost Gold model, and the paint job is amazing. It's 90% of the reason I bought this guitar. But it became my go to axe really quick after it was in my hands. The initial intonation was pretty good, I hadn't felt the need to adjust it right out of the box, nor did I feel the need to set the string height, it was pretty good from the get go. So that was a huge plus, it felt great to play once unpacked.This guitar is HEAVY. Even more than my Les Paul Custom and ESP EC-1000ET. I kinda like that it's heavy though. But if you are worried about shoulder fatigue at all, get yourself a wide strap to disperse the weight, because again, it's like you are Atlas holding up the world with this guitar. (i.e it's heavy, seriously.)The guitar stayed in tune fairly well. I never had to to fiddle with tuning even under moderate to heavy picking/bending. You could easily get through a gig and maybe adjust the tuning once or twice at most.The pickups are hot. Very chunky. Almost as much thump as my EMG 81/85 loaded ESP, granted they are passive so you wont get that exact sound. But for stock pickups, these are quite nice. The bridge pickup had a lot of bite for this metal player. I was chugging all over the place with it and genuinely pleased. I found the neck pickup to be a little muddy at the gain levels I play at, but nothing a little volume knob couldn't fix.The dual volume pot setup seemed odd to me at first, but I grew to really appreciate being able to set each pickups volume separately. What I didn't like about this setup was the expectation that if I roll the volume down it would be completely silent, it wasn't. Each pickup on minimum volume still has a bit of volume enough that it's not 100% silent. Deal breaker? If your Tom Morello maybe, but not for me. Though it would be nice to tweak that so that 0 volume = no sound.NOTE: The hardware seems pretty good, though my pickup selector toggle just broke from normal switching, i.e. not insane Tom Morello style flicking, so that's something to be wary of. It's completely useless at the moment, it doesn't have any positions to lock into as something snapped and is just flapping in the wind. It seems to have locked itself into the middle position. Which is problematic as most times I want the crunch of the bridge pickup, or the warmth of the neck pickup for soloing, not the middle with both pickups locked in and twangy. Obviously this is not ideal to have no pickup selector switch functional, so I plan to have this replaced though Zzounds return/exchange policy. So for the quick synopsis:It's HEAVY.It sounds really (surprisingly) great.It's well worth the money.It's pretty! (you wont find a guitar in gold for this price, that's built this well.)Tom Morello will totally break his pickup toggle in less than an hour. (speculation)I plan to buy another one in a few months to have a backup/pickup swapping project guitar.For a Tele, which I never played before as I'm a metal guy, this thing can do metal and pretty much anything else you want to do with it.It's easy to play, very comfortable neck, great setup out of the box. I dinged it on quality, simply as my toggle broke from normal use and now it has too be returned for that, and a buzz from (probably) a broken wire runnin gto the toggle. But this may have been a fluke. (unless Tom Morello snuck into my house last night and flicked the crap out of it.)

"Versatile, Solid, Beautiful, Gig worthy" submitted December 23, 2014

By Matthew Rele in Albuquerque, NM
Musical Background: Playing for over 20 years, multi-instrumentalist
Music Style: rock, metal, pop
Overall: Like a lot of guitar players I would only play American made guitars thinking that if they were US made then they had to be the best. Not true! This is a Squier and I would'nt be caught dead playing a Squier until now. Once I got past the name I played the frost gold version because let's face it-it's a beautiful guitar. After a proper set up I was amazed at how low the action was and how easy it is to play. The guitar vibrates from the body through the neck giving this guitar a great tone with distortion or completely clean. The stock pick ups are great! I did however upgrade the pick ups and now this is my main guitar! It stays in tune, sounds phenominal and is a joy to play. Gibson and American made Fenders should be ashamed that the J5 Telecaster is now my preferred guitar. I never in a milloin years would think a Squier would be my main ax. I'm not only a seasoned player who gigs proffesionally, but I also use my J5 when giving guitar lessons. At this price I own two just in case one is stolen or damaged. The best thing about the exterior of this guitar is it does'nt have the artist's name anywhere on it so you can make it your own. I love this guitar!

"Great guitar!" submitted October 20, 2015

Overall
Overall: I have the frost gold tele and I'm beyond happy with the quality and aound of this guitar. The stock pickups sound killer and the action after some light tweaking is spot on. Im ordering the black and crome next!!

"A Well Built Guitar" submitted July 28, 2015

By Mark D in Parkersburg, WV
Musical Background: Been jamming at home for several years
Music Style: Rock and Christian
Overall: Being of Chinese manufacturing I was very skeptical about this guitar but it was only $400 so I figured if it was junk I could use it in my fireplace this winter. I was surprised at how well built this guitar is.. Extremely good quality, plenty of features desired by most players, it plays and sounds just as good as some of the American Standards at a fraction of the price. The black, chrome and a dark rosewood fretboard really makes this guitar stand out in a crowd I recommend this guitar for any level of player, you won't be disappointed. If you think it has to be junk for that price, go throw down $1,200 to $4,000 for a standard or custom shop. Yeah they might be better but not by much!!

"John 5 Tele from an experienced player" submitted February 21, 2016

By Dustin Morris in Savannah, TN
Musical Background: 15 years, recording, live music, travelling band
Music Style: Metal, Rock, Blues, Country, and Ambient listen @ www.facebook.com/deadperspective www.soundcloud.com/thedea
Sound: Upon receiving the guitar, it had really small strings on it and I tune down, so I immediately slapped on some 12s NYXL. Then the tension aspect was right. I initially ran through podhd500x into PC and a small practice amp, then I ran into my mesa. Sound is fair, I found the pickups lacking. If I were keeping this guitar I would have to change them. Also, when both volumes are off, there is extreme ground hum, worse on the neck. Feature: This guitar features two volume knobs to allow the user to get "killswitch" effect, but what really happens is you end up breaking your switch. It is not meant to be toggled like that. Ease of Use: It is not easy to get great sounds out of this product. The tele twang is still present, that is something to be aware of. Also, I found it difficult to keep in tune, they are advertised as locking, but I don't think so. It is worth noting here that the bolt on neck can be a problem for some. I noticed I had problems hitting anything past fret 15. This in itself is a deal breaker for me. Quality: I had the feeling that being made in china didn't matter, but I have found the Korean and Indonesian guitars to be far superior. The guitar is not heavy like I read. It feels cheap and my pick guard looked blemished, foggy. Value: I would buy it and keep it for 1 quarter of the original price. Otherwise not worth it. Manufacturer Support: No contact with manufacturer The Wow Factor: There was no wow factor, other than "Wow, I can't believe I bought this guitar" Overall: When I first started looking at a double humbucking tele I had the idea of the John 5 and the Jim Root. I looked at the specs on both and I found the reviews to be overwhelmingly good. I had trouble making up my mind. I liked the sounds I heard online. I traveled 150 miles to the nearest guitar megastore to try one out, but alas, they had none. So on a hunch, I bought this product. This is a real review. It would be my 5th guitar and I have been playing for almost 15 years.

When you call, mention priority code 20V-M7LX. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976