When you call, mention priority code 12D4-K9PB

Rating and Reviews: Sonor EXTB622 Birch Drums

This value shell kit comes equipped with features found only on top tier sets--for improved tone and tuning--but at a fraction of the price.

"Sonor Extreme Birch Drum Set" submitted October 27, 2012

By Dean N in Honolulu, HI
Musical Background: Sound Company and I play Drums
Music Style: Pop , Dance , Oldies .
Overall: Got this to use as a rental kit . I presently have 2 DW Collector Kits, Pacific and a Tama Rockstar . I got the Amber Fade and the kits looks awesome . I put Emad 2 Batter and Resonator Ported Front Head and the Kick sounds great . Of course the stock heads are so so . I've put Evans G2 coated batter on toms and Remo coated Ambassador on snare . Toms sound great ,but snare is a little ringy . Going to have to find the right head for the snare , but a little moon gel and its all good .Hardware and rims are typical of drums in this price range . There're not 2.3 mm , but they work . Wish the bassdrum spur was adjustable in height , but it does come with a bassdrum hoop protector . Tom holder and floor tom legs are solid . Overall this is a great kit for the $$$ . Beautiful Finish , Good Sound and an Awesome Price . You will not be dissapointed .

"BEST kit for the $$$$$" submitted November 29, 2012

Overall
Overall: I've always wanted a Sonor kit but the one I had been looking at were the Delite, Acsent, S Classix and SQ2.....all of these kits are expensive to VERY expensive but u get what u pay for....VERY WELL built drums.Lets get to the Force 2007.....I got home and immediately took the 10" tom out to see how sexy it look.....OMG, the finish of the dark green burst is beautiful but anyway, i put on a Evans EC2S and tuned it and when i struck it i heard angels....the tone and projection was spot on for a birch shell with great attack....12" tom looks like it could be a 13"....its big body sure can let off some very LOW END sound.....the 14" floor tom i had a little problem with tuning...i had to change the resonant head in order to get the low deep sound i was looking for....all toms are fitted with EC2s....the 16" tom was AMAZZAAZZING!!!! tuned low and it hits hard.....the snare cracks well and can be tuned low to give that nice jazz feel.....the BASS drum is SICK.....BEST SOUNDING bass drum i have heard for the $$$$.....i also have a 22x20 Tama B/B turquoise glitter and i can say that the Sonor 2007 gives it a run for the money but the Tama sounds is hard to compare anything to that PHAT hard hitting sound.....In all, this kit ROCKS....just change the heads, tune the sucker put a EMAD2 on the bass drum and PLAY it....u will not be disappointed....lets pray that zZounds will offer more Sonor drums and some Meinl Byzance cymbals.

"A real gem and you will not see a deal like this again!" submitted October 5, 2011

Music Style: *Various
Sound: I have had a LOT of different sets, different types of wood. These birch drums do have a nice tone. The bass drum has a good thud, the toms project and sing nicely, and the snare is quite responsive. I have tried low and high tunings, and both work well. I tend to favor the higher tunings. I purchased a set of Remo Ambassador X heads for the toms and snare, and like the sound, but if you prefer lower tunings, a double-ply head might be better. (I might try some Aquarian Studio X clears on the toms). Feature: Good hardware, nice. Ease of Use: After the heads are stretched and seated, these drums tune-up pretty quickly. Quality: Good Sonor quality! Value: This is a FANTASTIC value. Overall: It is difficult for me to say how long I will have the set, but it does sound great and these drums are all the right sizes for me so...
12 of 14 people (85.71%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sonor Extreme force Birch, a studio must." submitted February 24, 2011

Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: Jazz to Metal
Sound: This sonor extreme force birch set is an excellent choice for certain applications. I bought this drumset because I have a recording studio. In the studio birch wood is superior to maple because it has a lighter sound and the release and attack from the heads is quick and has less sustain then maple. There for this is a great kit for the studio. However if you are going for drums for live sound I would suggest the PDP Maple X7 kit which is equally as good but better for live sound. Feature: The finish is beautiful on the amber fade. All the chrome hardware looks amazing. The hardware is top notch and secure and the toms are on swivel ball mounts which is awesome for readusting the kit easily for different drummers. Ease of Use: Well it is a drum set. You hit it with sticks. Not to hard to use, hard to be talented at it but that is a different story. However I will say it's assemble was straight forward and easy. Quality: Top Notch, as far as quality goes you can not bet this drumset for the price for your studio. Value: Best kit for the price. The fact that it is a six piece kit lets you use it as a full 6 piece metal kit, a fusion kit using 10,12, and 14 floor tom, or a rock kit using the 12,and 14,16 floor toms. It is very versatile. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt with zzounds support on this paticular item. However I only order from zzounds now as there customer service it wonderful compared to other companies, that is why zzounds gets my business. The Wow Factor: It is the sexist drumset I have ever saw. It is beautiful in my studio everyone that comes in stops and takes a look at it. Overall: Overall for a studio drum set it can not be beat for the price. I purchased a set of Zildjian A Series Cymbals that goes great with the kit. I would not have any other kit in my studio. It is overall an amazing kit to record on.

When you call, mention priority code 12D4-K9PB. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976