When you call, mention priority code 1737-799R

Rating and Reviews: Shure Super 55 Microphone

Croon, wail and belt into this stunning retro-styled mic! Designed to deliver natural-sounding vocals and speech, the Super 55 Deluxe is built Shure tough.

"Beautiful Sound" submitted February 21, 2013

By Michael Lovell in San Angelo, TX
Musical Background: 20yrs as a drummer, guitarist, and vocalist
Music Style: Red Dirt/Texas Country, Southern Rock, Blues
Overall: I have been using my trusty old SM58 for a while, but I love the Bel-Air mics. I had an original '53 that I used for years until I was "relieved" of it. I have since been trying to find that perfect mix of vintage looks and modern reliability. Well......I found it and then some! This mic not only looks super sweet, but it has beautiful sound. Even my bandmates were blown away by the tones I was able to get out of this thing. Lyrics and phrases that had seemed muddled were suddenly crystal clear. We're considering replacing all of the bands mics with these. I would recommend it to anyone.

"Shure hits a home run with the retro 55 design!" submitted February 17, 2011

Music Style: 50's,Classic Rock,Country,Blues,and R & B
Sound: This classic Shure 55 style microphone is awesome to say the least! Not only does it look "fantastic",it sounds like you won't believe your ears!The only reason I did not give it a 10 on sound,is I am a back-up singer at times,besides lead,and when I do sing bass back-up,I have an other microphone I use.But,when I sing lead,myself and others in the band do use it.The Shure Super 55 Deluxe captures your voice in such a way that it is all natural,and it also captures even the slightest nuances.My hats off to you Shure !! Quality: The satin chrome finish and the way it feels,lets you know that this is a quality made microphone. Value: Given it's classic roots and design,YES! The Wow Factor: The microphone "grabs" you and your attention. Overall: I plan on using this microphone for a long time!No other mike can come close to the way it looks,feels,and sounds.Yes,I would buy it again.
25 of 26 people (96.15%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome Mic" submitted March 25, 2012

By John D in Chino, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I have been singing in church and in bands for 30 years. I play the harmonica.
Music Style: I am in a blues band
Overall: I am a frontman for a blues band. Bought this mic for it's look, heard it was good for vocals. This mic is OUTSTANDING for vocals. I love the blue felt. If you are considering buying a Super 55, don't hesitate. You won't regret buying a Super 55.

"Shure 55 Microphone" submitted March 23, 2014

By Manuel L in El Monte, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Im a singer front man, my band "Popaganda"
Music Style: 80's
Overall: The quality is great, awesome sound, excellent service. One small suggestion you should offer the quick release for the microphone, had to purchase from another vendor. Would definately recommend.

"great sound!!" submitted April 21, 2014

By mario soto in Browns Mills, NJ
Overall
Overall: im very pleased with the quality of this mic.

"Fender Passport Venue PA" submitted May 18, 2014

By Ashley Baker in Eustis, FL
Musical Background: Pro
Music Style: Modern Country
Overall: Amazing product!!! Shipping was great as always

"Sure super 55 mic" submitted January 12, 2014

By Joseph Grant in Decatur, TN
Musical Background: 34yrs playing bass
Music Style: Rock,alternative, southern rock,classic rock, hip hop, christian alternative ,country rock.
Overall: Great looking and sounds even better.

"Great mic with only one caveat" submitted November 15, 2013

By Frank C in Salt Lake City, UT
Overall
Musical Background: Bachelors degree in jazz, gigging regularly for quite some time.
Music Style: Jazz, blues, R&B.
Overall: I want to address two points made by several other reviewers. 1- The Super 55 Deluxe sounds just like the Shure SM-58. This is definitely NOT true. I bought the mic on the chance that it could be the case because I love my 58 and have used it exclusively for a long, long time. The 55 has a really good, full-spectrum sound, and if you have a nice EQ unit and know how to use it you could probably get it to sound similar to the SM-58, but to be clear, this is an entirely different instrument from the 58. Don't get me wrong it's a very well built unit with a fine sound, just not like the SM-58. 2- The Super 55 Deluxe is way sensitive. This point is kind of true...sort of. It took me about an hour of practice to revise my diction and mic technique, but I was able to eliminate the problem. Side-by-side comparison with the SM-58 shows this mic significantly louder on the *pop* of hard consonant sounds. You'll have to learn to soften your P's. Summary: This mic is GORGEOUS!!! I croon the jazz standards and love having a mic I can hold like a woman I'm kissing. The sound is a very good, clean, full-range, accurate reproduction of whatever you put into it. If you can learn to manage your rangeĀ with a mic that doesn't manage them for you, I'm sure you will love this beautiful instrument! I penalize one star for the *pop*.

"Good deal!!" submitted April 24, 2014

By Fallon E in El Dorado, AR
Musical Background: A rap artist 13yrs
Music Style: hiphop,rap
Overall: This Mic is Great.

"awsome Mike" submitted January 2, 2014

By Tommy Bryant in Dry Prong, LA
Overall
Musical Background: i don't play but been envolved with music around 45 years i buy stuff to use for family get togethers and karaoke at a local bar
Music Style: rock, country, blues, hip-hop, rock and roll,
Overall: I help set up a one of a kind karaoke show I got the SS 55 Deluxe Vocal Microphone for my DJ doing the Karaoke we were using sure 58 mikes which were great mikes but it seam he had to talk like direct down into the mike ,He went to using the SS 55 the sound was a 180 from other mikes it didn't have to open air sound around it his voice stood out like it was jumping out to you extra clear sound. He had to cut back on most of all the settings it was as if mike was inside his mouth and he was in speaker . As far as manufacturer support never had to use it on any product I have bought

When you call, mention priority code 1737-799R. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976