When you call, mention priority code 15ZM-1T36

Rating and Reviews: Shure SE846 Earphones

Shure SE846 earbuds are an audiophile's dream: tough build quality, incredible noise isolation, and detailed highs and deep lows from the quad micro-drivers.

"You wanted it, you got it! (And more)" submitted May 20, 2014

By Joel Perkins in Saranac Lake, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Professional touring musican. Main instrument is violin/fiddle.
Music Style: Folk, traditional, electronic, rock, pop.
Overall: First of all, zZounds is top-notch in the industry with their service and prices. High five zZounds. Now for the product. I purchased the SE846's about a month ago and absolutely love them. I purchased them primarily for listening to music, though I am a professional musician and have use for them on the stage. I listen to a wide range of different genres of music and these earphones handle all of it with amazing precision and ease (by ease, I mean it has the headroom to handle any sound and volume without any distortion of any frequencies). When you have drivers that are dedicated to their own range of frequencies, the result is a balanced, full sound with incredible evenness and true replication of audio captured in front of the mic during the recording. When I plugged the earphones into my iPhone 5, I was blown away. What a difference compared to other earphones I had been listening to. Even though it sounded amazing, there still was something missing. I knew I wasn't getting the full potential of what these headphones had to offer. I felt like I could have spent half of what I did and gotten the same sound out of my phone. I knew that the amplifier and digital analogue converter in the iPhone was OK, but I needed something else to make the music come alive. Enter the Beyerdynamic a200p. After much research I found this amazing device. For $300, the amplifier and the DAC was AMAZING. It brought the music to life. It's warm, brought out the midrange and bass. It was like night and day compared to plugging directly into the iPhone. Just for fun, I checked out the bitrate that Apple provides in their music. On iTunes, most of their audio is offered at 256 Kbps which is high quality. All of the music in my library was 256 Kbps. I also listen to Pandora and realized that they were streaming their premium subscription at 192 Kbps. I knew I could get even better. Spotify streams 320 Kbps and so I subscribed to their service. Aaaand WOW. I cannot believe the sound I am getting out of these earphones. I don't know what to say to convince anyone on paper that this combination is breathtaking. You need to listen to the setup to "get it". They are so amazing that when all the stars of the audio world are aligned, the result is the best sound I've ever had in my ears. Ever. The moral of the story is....don't buy audiophile grade headphones (at audiophile grade prices) and plug them into inferior equipment. You'll be wasting your money. If you're going to spend the money...do the upgrades and make it right.

"Shure (sure) is sweet" submitted May 28, 2014

By david b in hollis, NY
Overall
Overall: Lets start with bass. At times it seems if i can actually feel the bass in my feet and see the waves with my minds eye. It brought a new life to every song i threw at it, from rock to rap, from Jazz to Movie Scores. I can't explain how magnificent it sounds because its so unreal, its like having a hi end stereo system with you at all times. The Highs and Mids are not affected at all. All i could do is smile for the first couple of songs, my ears were just as happy too... I own the se535s and i think they are terrific headphones, and i enjoy them as well, they are what i believe are very close to flat sounding headphones, and they sound good. But the Se846s have this sub bass that just makes it so much better. - the fit are about the same, i'm use to it, but i let my friend try them and his ears where really small, and he had a hard time fitting them... his problem not mine lol... the bass is not over powering, but is very deep, i had no crackling at all, just smooth bass, sweet highs and mids, the kicks don't get muffled or muddy from the deep bass, you can still hear them as they stand out in the mix... overall they are just nice, i don't have nothing bad to say about them... i think the price is justified by the superior product.

When you call, mention priority code 15ZM-1T36. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976