866-ZZOUNDS (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-849P

Rating and Reviews: Shure SE846 Earphones

Shure SE846 earbuds are an audiophile's dream: tough build quality, incredible noise isolation, and detailed highs and deep lows from the quad micro-drivers.

"Shure (sure) is sweet" submitted May 28, 2014

By david b in hollis, NY
Overall
Overall: Lets start with bass. At times it seems if i can actually feel the bass in my feet and see the waves with my minds eye. It brought a new life to every song i threw at it, from rock to rap, from Jazz to Movie Scores. I can't explain how magnificent it sounds because its so unreal, its like having a hi end stereo system with you at all times. The Highs and Mids are not affected at all. All i could do is smile for the first couple of songs, my ears were just as happy too... I own the se535s and i think they are terrific headphones, and i enjoy them as well, they are what i believe are very close to flat sounding headphones, and they sound good. But the Se846s have this sub bass that just makes it so much better. - the fit are about the same, i'm use to it, but i let my friend try them and his ears where really small, and he had a hard time fitting them... his problem not mine lol... the bass is not over powering, but is very deep, i had no crackling at all, just smooth bass, sweet highs and mids, the kicks don't get muffled or muddy from the deep bass, you can still hear them as they stand out in the mix... overall they are just nice, i don't have nothing bad to say about them... i think the price is justified by the superior product.

"Exactly what I was looking for . " submitted October 6, 2015

By Hector T in San Diego , CA
Overall
Musical Background: Semi professional . Use Aguilar bass head and speaker . Ken smith bass , ibanez sd premium 5 string with a Avalon u5 DI .
Music Style: Christian rock funk
Overall: I was looking for the sound quality of custom in ears but also something I can use for listening to music on my iPod . I don't feel comfortable wearing custom in ears just to pas the time . These shure in ears sound amazing. I can't find nothing negative about them . From the packaging to the product everything screams high end . I used it twice already on stage and it worked flawlessly . It blocked the unwanted noise and left the click, track and my bass loud . I've never heard any headphones produce such rich bass .

"Look no further." submitted November 12, 2015

By Marc de Brisay in Torrance, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years, musician, producer.
Music Style: Rock, jazz, blues, electronic, film.
Overall: I'm a music producer, film producer and musician, been working with sound for about 40 years now. These last two years I got tired of shopping around, reading reviews and I ran out of time. I just couldn't decide. All I knew is that I wanted the best. There's a lot of product in the in-ear monitor market these days. I bought these things out of desperation, I was tired, so I just made my best bet based on a few reviews that were circulating at the time and the brand name of Shure. And I never looked back since. These things are spine-tingling. The bass is something that's hard to describe if you're not a poet. I've never heard bass like that coming out of in-ear monitors. There are earphones that claim "big bass" alright. But that's what you get, "big bass" 70s disco style. Nothing else. The symphony double bass sounds almost the same as a German techno. Not here, folks. These things can dish powerful, rich and creamy, molar-rearranging bass as easy as they can reproduce narrow-Q mid-bass, distorted and woody, exactly what the producers intended, no less, but also no more. And that is hard to get. But here is the deal closer for me: I often fly on trans-Atlantic flights that last 10 hours plus. Guess what, for the first time in my life I've worn earphones and listened to them straight for 10 boring hours and didn't experience the slightest ear fatigue. And another surprise: It happened that I had some badly adjusted levels with outrageously high volumes. I know how that hurts and how it leaves your ears ringing for about 10 minutes afterwards. Not here! To my huge surprise, with these babies you can get occasionally hit with an equivalent of a 110 dBs for a few seconds it takes you to wake up and adjust the volume and it still doesn't make your ears ring. Why? Because the sound is loud but clear and wholly undistorted. That's what makes a difference. For ease of use I give it four stars as it takes a little wiggling around to properly install in your inner ear. However, it is still easier than another top brand (I won't mention their name). For manufacturer support I haven't had a chance to call them yet, treat it as Not Applicable. My only beef is with the cable (they come with two cables, one longer, one shorter). The shorter cable came defective, it had a break in it. I haven't had the time to call warranty yet, but I will. Otherwise, they're built like a brick doghouse. Bottom line: It's rare when you spend a thousand dollars on something and, given a chance, won't give it back for fifteen hundred.

"You wanted it, you got it! (And more)" submitted May 20, 2014

By Joel Perkins in Saranac Lake, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Professional touring musican. Main instrument is violin/fiddle.
Music Style: Folk, traditional, electronic, rock, pop.
Overall: First of all, zZounds is top-notch in the industry with their service and prices. High five zZounds. Now for the product. I purchased the SE846's about a month ago and absolutely love them. I purchased them primarily for listening to music, though I am a professional musician and have use for them on the stage. I listen to a wide range of different genres of music and these earphones handle all of it with amazing precision and ease (by ease, I mean it has the headroom to handle any sound and volume without any distortion of any frequencies). When you have drivers that are dedicated to their own range of frequencies, the result is a balanced, full sound with incredible evenness and true replication of audio captured in front of the mic during the recording. When I plugged the earphones into my iPhone 5, I was blown away. What a difference compared to other earphones I had been listening to. Even though it sounded amazing, there still was something missing. I knew I wasn't getting the full potential of what these headphones had to offer. I felt like I could have spent half of what I did and gotten the same sound out of my phone. I knew that the amplifier and digital analogue converter in the iPhone was OK, but I needed something else to make the music come alive. Enter the Beyerdynamic a200p. After much research I found this amazing device. For $300, the amplifier and the DAC was AMAZING. It brought the music to life. It's warm, brought out the midrange and bass. It was like night and day compared to plugging directly into the iPhone. Just for fun, I checked out the bitrate that Apple provides in their music. On iTunes, most of their audio is offered at 256 Kbps which is high quality. All of the music in my library was 256 Kbps. I also listen to Pandora and realized that they were streaming their premium subscription at 192 Kbps. I knew I could get even better. Spotify streams 320 Kbps and so I subscribed to their service. Aaaand WOW. I cannot believe the sound I am getting out of these earphones. I don't know what to say to convince anyone on paper that this combination is breathtaking. You need to listen to the setup to "get it". They are so amazing that when all the stars of the audio world are aligned, the result is the best sound I've ever had in my ears. Ever. The moral of the story is....don't buy audiophile grade headphones (at audiophile grade prices) and plug them into inferior equipment. You'll be wasting your money. If you're going to spend the money...do the upgrades and make it right.

866-zZounds (866-996-8637)
When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-849P. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976

Seen it for less somewhere else? Get it for less at zZounds. Simply click the “Seen it for less?” link on any product page and as long as we‘re not losing money, we‘ll beat any legitimate competitor‘s lowest price, usually within two hours. Want our best price even faster? Call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll provide you with a lower price on the phone. Also, if you purchase from us and later find the product for less elsewhere, call or email us within 45 days, and we‘ll refund you the difference.

Buy it, try it, like it, or return it to us for a full refund. It‘s just that simple. If you‘re not in love with what you bought, return it to zZounds within 45 days, and we‘ll promptly arrange for an exchange or a refund. No hassles. No hidden charges. And if a product‘s defective or damaged, call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637), and we‘ll email you a prepaid shipping label so you can easily return it to us at zero cost to you.

Simply click the Seen it for less? link next to the gear you want or call us at 866-zZounds (866-996-8637)