When you call, mention priority code 20J-NPJ1

Rating and Reviews: Shure BLX14 System

This wireless system's body pack transmitter gives you up to 14 hours of battery life, and the wireless receiver features QuickScan frequency selection.

"Does the job, and does it well for the money!" submitted October 14, 2014

By Josh N in Solon, OH
Musical Background: Guitar, Bass, Drums, Vocals at a semi-pro level
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Alternative, Gospel
Sound: Since this sits super early in the signal chain, noise and crosstalk with other wireless users was a fairly large concern of mine, and this unit when set up properly is quiet and crosstalk is non-existent. Feature: Everything works really well, and the cutoff with line of sight is ~300', as advertised. Lose line of sight, and things get dicey real quick. A brick wall is your enemy, but this shouldn't be an issue unless the venue is extremely strange. Ease of Use: Works like a charm right out of the box! Plug it in, battery pack on, and you're good to go! I would advise changing the channel from the stock A1 before jamming in a live setting, and remember to change it on the transmitter as well. Quality: The unit is surprisingly light, and a case for it would be a smart investment, since I've used cables heavier than the receiver. The transmitter is pocket sized, and the metal arm has withstood a decent amount of abuse without breaking, and the battery compartment stays shut with no accidental opening of the compartment. For as much as I move around, I've never had an accidental "off" as well. Value: Well worth the price. Likely the best bargain level wireless unit on the market. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with the manufacturer, however I've known some who have, and had nothing bad to say about them. The Wow Factor: Dollar for performance, this is one of the best purchases I've made in my ~20 years of guitar playing. For a few extra bucks, zzounds also offers a gig bag with this unit, and I highly recommend getting it. Overall: Playing live, jamming with friends... it's a lot nicer when you're not tripping over cords constantly, and that's why I bought this system. Shure has been in the business for a long while, and this is a well made, reasonably priced system for what

"Shure Quality, Bargain Basement Price!!!" submitted December 31, 2015

By John Gonsalves in Burlington Flats, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing music semi-professionally for almost 30 years. I've been "good" at it for at least 5.
Music Style: Pretty much any category of music that pays. I prefer to play more heavy music, although I also love playing acoustics & bass a
Overall: Overall I give the BLX14 an 8 rating. This unit is pretty much a "Plug-n-Play" wireless system, with none of the horrible artifacts and hum associated with lower priced units. I recently purchased this unit to add some mobility for gigs, I have to say that the unit is definitely capable of it. I've only had the unit a couple of weeks, I have put it through it's paces. Using multiple channels, various groupings, all seem to carry a very strong signal at the advertised range without significant issues. Takes rechargeable batteries with not issue with signal strength or distance. This unit can definitely surpass any wireless system that I've used in it's price range. Now for the down-side. As with any product that you can purchase that is hundred(s) of dollars lower than comparable units, there is generally a down-side. There are only 2 "gipes" about the BLX14. One; the overall signal clarity is phenomenal, although the BLX seems to be a bit noisy when put in a "High-Gain" loop (circuit). While the clean channels used on multiple amp's is super clear, so similar to a cable that it's almost not worth mentioning. However, when in the "High-Gain" throttle is opened (for me), it opens of whole new gate of background noise. Not so much that you would be horrified with it, but, nevertheless present. Two; the high-impact plastic, is still not my cup of tea, although it dramatically reduces the overall weight of the unit (especially the bodypack). Neither one of these, I would call, a "deal breaker" in general. If I were to make a recommendation, it would be: Perfect for a Bass Player, or Blues/Jazz/Classical Guitar player, the more distortion that is used the more uncomfortable it seems to become. The side-note, it handles effects like chorus, delay's and other time-based effects is superb. Uncanny for a wireless unit. I hope that this helps, anyone looking for an inexpensive wireless unit (in my opinion), you're not going to get a better one.

"Great Accessory" submitted March 13, 2016

By David Ward in Memphis, TN
Overall
Musical Background: I am 63 been playing since I was 14.
Music Style: Rock, Country, Ballad, Folk.
Sound: The sound of this unit is great. I have it set at a low gain due to the size of my studio. Feature: The most useful feature of this item was the ability to remove the 20' cable from my guitar. In my small studio any removal of cabling is a huge plus. Eliminates the trip or unplug factor. Ease of Use: Install the batteries, Sync the transmitter and receiver and you are good to go! I recommend reading the manual first. To me, as a Computer Systems Engineer, this is a no brainer. I read the manuals on all new equipment i purchase. I buy it I don't wanna fry it! Quality: As with all things plastic one needs to be careful but I don't gig with it so I think it will last for years. Value: Worth the expense and I admit I have a weakness for Shure products. That's what the band I was in when I was 16 used and at the time Shure produced a superior product for the money. Manufacturer Support: This is a new item for me so... The Wow Factor: This item is pretty good. I'd like to rack it but it is more a set top unit for your amp. In my studio I have it sitting on the floor next to my HT-6 Tuner. If I were gigging with it I'd want to get the rack mount tray for the unit. Overall: I received this item this weekend. After reading the manual for the unit, it was a snap to install and setup. The only con is the belt clip used. it is much to cumbersome. The unit uses a spring wire clip. My pistol holster uses a beveled plastic slide that allows you to place it between the belt loops. there is no way you can get this on a belt without someone's help unless you place it on the front of your body. in that position it interferes with the guitar. Other than that I am pretty pleased with the unit.

When you call, mention priority code 20J-NPJ1. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976