When you call, mention priority code 15FS-N1HY

Rating and Reviews: Shure Beta 57A Mic

Delivering even greater detail than its SM sibling, the Beta 57A is a supercardioid dynamic mic tailored for live vocals, guitar amps, snare drums, and more.

"An Instrument Mic Like No Other" submitted December 24, 2004

Music Style: Christian Rock
Sound: This is where the Shure Beta 57A shines. It sounds so clear. It is a pretty big step up from the older SM57 and since it is a supercardioid design, it has much more rejection to ambience and outside noise. I use this mic primarily to mic my amplifier and it is amazing. I get completely different sounds depending on where I place the mic. It's really a lot of fun. Very clear, real sound. Feature: Not many... But this microphone is the major feature and since I'm so happy with it, I give it a 10! Quality: It's a Shure. Not only does this thing weigh a ton and feel like a tank, but it's also survived the famed Shure Drop Test. You can't go wrong with this product in quality. I really expect it to outlive me. Value: I would easily, gladly pay twice what I did. I think that Shure's list price is actually quite a fair price. You're buying a product that has been time-tested - one that you know won't let you down. This mic was well worth my money and would be well worth yours, too! Manufacturer Support: I have dealt with Shure. I was asking quite a few questions before I decided to get the mics that I did, because I didn't want to make an uninformed decision. And Shure support was right there to help me every time. I'm very satisfied not only with the product, but also with the manufacturer. Shure rocks! The Wow Factor: I bought it, my second guitarist is already saving up, and my drummer plans on using it to mic his snare. So, yeah. It has it's appeal! Overall: This CAN NOT be beat as an instrument mic. There are much better vocal mics (like the Shure Beta 87A - which I also own), but as an instrument mic, this is simply the best. I am so pleased with this microphone! If anything were ever to happen to it, I would definitely buy another. I love this mic, everyone I know who's heard it loves it, and I know that you would too. This microphone WILL NOT disappoint.

"A perfect Female vocal mic & the Best Indstrument mic...period" submitted July 13, 2006

Musical Background: 12 years, Songwiter, Vocal Production, Mix Engineer
Music Style: R&B, POP, DANCE, WORLD MUSIC
Sound: Beautiful Natural Soundind dynamic microphone. It captures pretty much anything with the upmost detail and clarity focus. It sounds stunning on female vocals, and shows 'No' sibilance unlike so many condensors. The Beta 57A is much better sounding than the standard SM57 and SM58, which can get fairly harsh sounding with a nasal quality. The Beta version is smooth, warm and has a better top end. The midrange is very flat and works very well on most singers. I record in the studio with the Beta 57A all the time, and use it over my Rode or Neumann depending on the singers voice. Feature: no switches makes this mike even more solid and rubust, less problems to deal with. It is a very simple yet powerful microphone. Ease of Use: Plug n Play, and hit record. Quality: Built like a tank, and feels very tight and compact. Value: I got my Beta 57A for the price of a SM, so for me its pure value for money. It compared very well with my Nuemann TLM 103 and Rode K2, although not as toppy sounding. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: It looks like a Industry Standard mic, it has a very professional neutral look with the nice blue rubber ring. Its looks better than the Beta 58 ball, and IMO it sounds better too. Overall: I plan to use this mic on everything, including lead vocals. it works so well.

"Shure 57 Beta" submitted September 7, 2011

Music Style: Swing/Bluegrass
Sound: This is the classic Shure 57...used primarily for instrument work, though I do use it for vocals when needed. The sound quality is superb. Feature: I bought a package that included a boom mike and 20' chord...highly recommended if you are building up your stock of equipment. Ease of Use: I use the mic with my Fender Acoustasonic amp, which has an imput for a separate mic. Plug and play. Quality: This is a tough mic, able to stand up to performance and transport abuse. Value: Good mic...good price. Manufacturer Support: I purchased the mic online and needed it quickly. I ordered 2 day shipping, but it did not arrive on time. ZZ refunded the cost of extra shipping charges. The Wow Factor: Well worth the cost. Overall: I would purchase the mic again.

"Awesome" submitted June 13, 2005

Music Style: Alternative
Sound: Just used this at a show over the weekend and it sounded amazing. Way better than the SM57's I've used in the past because it captured the warmth of my amp. It is also very clear. Quality: This thing is solid. It could probably hammer nails. Overall: This mic is awesome. I wasn't sure if upgrading to this from the original SM57 would be worth it, but after playing this weekend, I couldn't believe the clarity and warmth this mic provided. I'm glad I bought this mic, and it will be replacing the original 57 used for my guitar cab.

"Zzounds has excellent service" submitted December 27, 2010

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Music Style: Bluegrass
Sound: Excellent microphone with sound system Feature: included microphone stand and cord Manufacturer Support: Have never needed service

"If you want a great sounding roadworthy mic, this is it."

Music Style: rock/folk
Sound: I have tried many different mics over the years and I always thought this one had the best sound, but I really found out when my band performed a stripped down acoustic show. This mic shined over the others. Great mic bottom line. Feature: It has a great frequency range. It's a solid performer.

"Great Mic Worthless Cord" submitted January 29, 2014

By Bruce M in West Hartford, CT
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 54 years, mandolin and many other instuments for years professionally
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Roots, original...
Overall: The Beta57A is not as good as I expected for picking up acoustic instruments (guitar, mandolin...) it is Fantastic for mic-ing a cabinet and for vocals. The budget cable that came with the package fell apart within 15 min of use and is too cheap to bother soldering. The mic was not as good as I expected in some ways but better in others.

"Bulletprof and Fantastic sound" submitted January 12, 2005

Musical Background: pro
Music Style: Jazz/Blues
Sound: There is a nice Windscreen. Comes in Handy. Feature: You Could almost Hammer Nails with the Beta 57 Quality: I have three they are fantasic. My Nruman and AKG 414 TL is not going on gigs. But this Beta 57can go anywhere. Value: Can't beat it. Manufacturer Support: Never needed Shure support in over 30 years of owning their mics. The Wow Factor: very cool looking better then the 58 ball. Overall: It will out live me. Is that good or what?

"Great Shalding from hum noise" submitted September 9, 2010

Musical Background: Hobbyist ,TV engineer
Music Style: Techno , Japanese oridinal style
Sound: Great sound! I used SM57 , sennheiser e945 and MD421, AE6100. But beta57A is clearer and brighter sound.beta57A works good sound with cheap preamps. But I feel thinner than other mics very slightly. Feature: I always using cable tie. No problem. Quality: I like blue rubber ring. I dropped two or three times . but never broken. I wonder beta57A sealding for hum noise.I worried about SM57 with hum noise problem . But replace beta57a from SM57 , hum noise was removed. Value: very virsatile. Manufacturer Support: I never used. Overall: Very virsatlie ,clear sounding,Shalding from hum noise... beta57a is real stable gear! I also recomend AE6100 Audiotechnica.

When you call, mention priority code 15FS-N1HY. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976