When you call, mention priority code 14YL-PVLT

Rating and Reviews: Sennheiser HD-280 Pro

High output, high isolation! Great for drummers or studio producers, these comfortable closed-back circumaural phones offer linear response down to 8 Hz.

"Great Headphones!!" submitted September 11, 2010

By a customer from smartrocks.net
Overall
Sound: I play drums - electronic and live - these headphones reproduce the live experience as well as headphones can - they have range and crisp detail that never fails to delight me. I recommend them to anyone. Feature: The 1/4 inch plug unscrews to reveal a 1/8 inch plug for your iPod etc. - not looking for anything else. Ease of Use: Nothing to it - more power is better - these headphones can take it if your ears can. Quality: Beautiful headphones - tight fit, low noise leakage. Value: Well worth the money - you'll love these headphones if sound is your issue. Manufacturer Support: Never talked to 'em. The Wow Factor: It really works well. Overall: Permanently.

"Awesome Phones" submitted August 15, 2008

By a customer from elmore.rr.com
Musical Background: Hobbyist singer
Music Style: Blues, Country, Alt. Rock
Sound: Well, I just bought these a few days ago and ill just say WOW!! After using consumer grade phones for a while these are definately an upgrade. Remember these take a few days to Break In...at 1st I was a little disappointed but after a few days of playing different types of music at about half volume and sometimes at 75% these phones have really began to sound freakin awesome. I mean really good...I gave them a 9 on sound because im sure there is something out there that sonds better but for me whooaaaa....I couldnt imagine it...Great job Sennheiser!!! Feature: What can I say its headphones...lol Ease of Use: plug it in and go.... Quality: No problems I can see but I don't intend on abusing them so they seem fine for my use... Value: In this price range I dont think you could do better except maybe some Grado's but I needed closed back not open... Manufacturer Support: Havent had to use them
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Better than "Beats"" submitted June 19, 2013

By john d in las vegas, NV
Overall
Musical Background: producer, songwriter and arranger
Music Style: R and B , hip hop, alternative jazz, and various....
Overall: These in my opinion are ultimately better than "Beats by Dre" The sound is great. I basically do all my mixing and music arranging through these headphones and i've had them now for almost 5 years and they are as strong as the day that i got them. ive never had them blow out or break, theyre perfect and they're very lightweight. I always tell people about these and try to encourage different people i know to not spend 200-300 on headphones, when the quality of these in my opinion are better and more durable. i stand by these headphones. and if they were to ever go out on me for whatever reason..i would definitely buy them again without hesitation.

"GREAT HEADPHONES!" submitted March 28, 2014

By Greg W in Bassett, VA
Overall
Musical Background: Play a wide range of music but do it mostly for my personal enjoyment.
Music Style: Anything but Hip-Hop.
Overall: If you want a set of studio headphones that does not add any additional bass sound to what you are listening to then these are it. I wanted a good set of quality headphones for my amp that would allow me to hear the true sound my amp was producing without all the additional bass tone that other headphones give you. This helps me to hear my settings the way they should sound if I were to ever play in a live setting. Great headphones.

"bumpn all day long" submitted February 24, 2006

Musical Background: music maker
Music Style: hard rap
Sound: for 99 you wont get better hps.these are it trust me ive been doing misic for 12 years and tryed them all Feature: plug them in to your head amp and listen Ease of Use: come on... Quality: top noch Value: the name says it all Manufacturer Support: didnt need them The Wow Factor: yep Overall: ive had these same hp for 3 years and that still sound the same no theay sound better

"A Fantastic Addition To Your Studio" submitted November 21, 2005

Musical Background: Recording Engineer, Producer, Writer
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz
Sound: I'm a producer with a studio. Of all things, accurate monitoring is my primary need. These headphones are phenominal. I can do that which has typically been considered impossible....mix in headphones. Now my monitors are for doublechecking my mix, not for mixing. Feature: The way they cancel outside noise is just fantastic. Bass volume, depth and intensity (250k punch) are surprisingly alive. Quality: If you remember the old fat guitar never fail chords that headphones had in the old days, you'll know that they could have done better at the jack than the modern flexifail type but the chord does feature a coiled section for extention. Value: $99.00, a drop in the bucket compared to most studio equipment. Before you spend $300 - $600 on budget monitors, hold your money and get these. They are better, trust me. The Wow Factor: The do look good too. Overall: I will keep and eventually replace these with the same product when they fail. I've heard that there are some sony 1700 that are just as good but cost twice as much but these are not lacking in any way.
23 of 26 people (88.46%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"These headphones are pretty bad ass!" submitted April 29, 2012

By James Pittman in La Habra, CA
Musical Background: Active musician for 15 years
Music Style: jazz/blues/rock
Overall: I actually didn't get top of the line ones but these headphones had some pretty good reviews, so I went ahead and got them. I have used this brand before and was very pleased with these kind of headphones. When I got them and tried them out they were pretty good. I only use them for listening to dvd's or tv shows when I want true surround sound in my ears lol. They really get the job done and I think they would also be great for recording as well.

"Just get them..." submitted January 29, 2008

Musical Background: Producer, musician, audiophile
Music Style: If I could list it here would it be 'my' style?
Sound: For $100 bucks you are not going to get a better sound pair of closed back cans. I've been using these for years for recordings (great isolation!) and mixing (very true un-colored sound). Feature: Screw on 1/4" adapter... coiled cable... well, that could be a pro or a con, I personally like it, but you may need an extension cable. Ease of Use: It doesn't even matter (in regard to feel) if you put them on backwards, so when recording you can put them on which ever way makes the cord out of the way, good for when your playing an instrument with these on. Quality: I've been pretty rough, they still work fine. Value: Not the best headphones you can buy, but the best for less than $150 or so, by far! Manufacturer Support: Never used them, so I guess that is the best I could ask for. The Wow Factor: I am going to buy 3 more pair of these soon. Overall: I'm done... they are great, buy them! haha

"Best sub $200 headphones you can buy." submitted April 19, 2014

By Nick F in Latrobe, PA
Musical Background: Sound engineer for Live sound and recording
Overall: Great sound quality on these headphones. They are lightweight, and very comfortable making them easy to wear for long periods of time. The cord, ear-cups, drivers, and hinges are all replaceable so if you break something just order a new part and replace it instead of buying a whole new set of cans.

"Put 'em on!" submitted June 13, 2006

Overall
Musical Background: Part-time recording pro.
Music Style: Many styles...
Sound: High quality sound, but not quite accurate in the midrange. It has the dished out mids that a lot of people seem to like. Feature: No features to talk about. Ease of Use: Put them on your head. Done. Quality: These things are built quite tough, although my first pair (which I rarely used) stopped working in one earpiece for no reason. See support area for resolution. Value: Great phones for the money. Manufacturer Support: When one earpiece stopped working for no apparent reason, I contacted support via e-mail. They told me to send the phones to them and they would fix them under warranty. A couple weeks later I received a box back from them with a brand NEW pair of headphones. I noticed the cord was beefier and think they sent the new ones because the older ones were flawed. The Wow Factor: I got them! Overall: All in all, good for listening to music, but not making any real EQ adjustments with.
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Sounds Great, Very comfortable for long periods." submitted March 11, 2014

By Tim C in Staten Island, NY
Overall
Musical Background: Getting back in the game after a long time
Music Style: Hip Hop, DNB
Overall: These headphones are great. They have a great fit and very clean sound. I have no problem using them for long periods at a time and they have a decent sturdy build. They do not feel like cheap hardware.

"Better than I thought" submitted December 19, 2008

Overall
Sound: detailed and lots of added bass Feature: you an replace the ear peices if needed. Ease of Use: just plug in and go. Quality: built very well. Diffinately pro headphones. Value: Worth every penny. Manufacturer Support: have not had to call for support. had it for a month no problems so far. The Wow Factor: The look is very nice. Overall: I think i will have this for years and I will get complements

"Excellent pro/home studio choice." submitted October 31, 2011

By a customer from mymail.bcc.edu
Musical Background: Audio/Video Engineer
Music Style: Electronic, Acoustic
Sound: Great, seems to warm up after initial couple hours of use. Detailed, more so than other headphones in this price range. Not quite as detailed /balanced as AKG271mk2s (slightly more bass). Feature: Compact, durable.. Folds closed to a smaller size which is nice. When on your head this is a very big headphone though, it cannot be worn under hoodies (for example). Ease of Use: Yes duh put it on. Easy to collapse, and 1/4" adapter screws on, making it more reliable and easier to keep track of. Quality: Very durable, feels luxurious. Pads actually fit my ears and head without pinching. It is heavy, but no problem really wearing it for extended sessions. Prior set in the studio lasted 3+ years including travel, hopefully this one will too. Value: Really amazing set given the price. Unless you want to go to Walmart and get the standard $99 set of Sony cans which, IMHO offer nothing in terms of sound and built quality by comparison. If you factor in sales/open box deals for this set it's a no brainier. Manufacturer Support: Unknown, not dealt with. Zzounds was great though. The Wow Factor: No particularly sexy. It's pretty ugly when worn actually, but who cares? It has great sound and good isolation. Of course, there's also a picture of the Nine Inch Nails frontman wearing hat appears to be HD280s to hammer out a recording, and I'd call The Fragile pretty damn sexy from the standpoint of sound design, which is really what these cans are for. Overall: The best under $250, might buy another pair just in case they 'update' it like they did with my beloved PX-100 (v1.0s).

"Buy them recommend without hesitation" submitted August 7, 2008

Musical Background: Hobbyist, former musician
Music Style: Country, rock
Sound: Unbelievable, the best sounding cans I have used. Feature: These fold up into a compact size unlike my HD 520 Ease of Use: screw on 1/4" adapter, comfortable and light weight Quality: Seem rugged and well made Value: For the price I would buy again without a doubt Manufacturer Support: not used The Wow Factor: They look great feel great and the sound is out of this world! Overall: I won't need any other cans this is it!

Sennheiser HD-280 Pro Customer Review submitted July 30, 2003

By a customer from rnetinc.net
Music Style: rock, acoustic, folk
Sound: Very clean, crisp sound. I've heard things that were not there before...it brings everything to the forfront to be heard. Feature: It's headphones...how many options could you want! Quality: Put together pretty well. You can replace everything too which is pretty nice if anything does break. Value: For the money I'm not sure you can beat it. It's got plenty of full sound without being muddy in the low end. Manufacturer Support: Can't say, never used them. Overall: Comfortable, great sound, cord is pretty long for most studio applications. Would be good for live sound with it's thick foam to keep the sound out.

"Nice headphones" submitted April 13, 2009

Musical Background: Active Musician/Producer
Music Style: Many genres
Sound: They sound honest. And thats what i was looking for. Good for recording, they isolate sound very well. I check my mixes on them too, i usually mix with genelecs as my mains, but this one time i literally mixed one of the songs i was working on with these due to an emergency situation where nothing else was available to me. And the mix translated very well, though i would rather not do that again lol. Feature: Headphones... Quality: I see some people complaining about the quality of the build. But i personally cant relate to what theyre saying. I've had two pairs of these for almost two years, and they have been abused Value: They are worth the money, i didn't see something else in this price range with the same benefits. The Wow Factor: They look good and solid.

"Work great, Style not so great" submitted December 26, 2005

Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Drum and Bass
Sound: There are better sounding headphones for audiophiles, but these are the best sounding DJ headphones I've used. The treble stands out because it's bright, not just loud. The bass is heavy. I spin Drum and Bass + Hip Hop Feature: A coiled cord makes it short while being able to strech far, but can get tangled up in itself. Big ear cups with good isolation from outside noise. Quality: I'm someone who breaks a lot of headphones. I often play outdoors in a windy desert with little protection, and I get pretty into it when I'm on stage. Usually, no headphones last more than 6 months. These lasted a year and 3 months. 2 months after I had them, 1/4 glass of rum & coke spilled directly into an ear cup. To this day, that ear cup sounds as good as the other. The leather around ear padding started peeling off the foam at 11 months, and the headband snapped at 15. The wire stayed intact. As durable as these are, they are still very light. Value: There is nothing that even compares at this price. You'd have to pay at least another $50. Manufacturer Support: Never used it. The Wow Factor: These do not look sexy. Their strength is in function, not form. Overall: The best I've ever used for sound and durability, the worst for looks.

"great headphones they are very comfortable" submitted August 28, 2011

Overall
Musical Background: working drummer live and studio
Music Style: texas country
Sound: i bought the HD 280s for my wife so she could watch tv at night while i sleep. I tried the headphones on myself and really liked the comfort as well as the sound,what can you say they are sennheiser,i think that says enough.I'm thinking of getting a pair for my drum room! Feature: NO Quality: nice design very comfortable Value: the price was great Manufacturer Support: great staff,i recieved my product within a week i will comtinue to use z sound The Wow Factor: practical adition Overall: i would replace them with the same pair they are very comfortable

"Great headphones top notch!!!" submitted July 18, 2009

Overall
Sound: Awesome clarity very comfortable. Feature: You can hear and feel the quality. Value: Great value The Wow Factor: Great design the mercedes of headphones Overall: Great headphones!!!!!!!!

"An excellent pair of headphones for tracking and mixing." submitted May 12, 2012

By Martyn C in Guildford, NA
Musical Background: Producer / Composer
Music Style: EDM, Orchestral Filmscore, Sound Design
Sound: I would specifically describe the sound as clear. A quick check of the frequency chart included in the manual suggests slight dips in the mid bass and at about 3 - 5 Khz, and listening confirms this. The dips themselves are very subtle but do go some way to defining the listening characteristics of the HD280 Pros, which slightly accentuate the deep lows and high mids. Mixes that sound suitably clear and spaced on these will translate well onto most systems, although I prefer to do the bulk of the early mixing on my monitors, as tracks created from scratch through these headphones tend to sound overly 'scooped', probably due to the aforementioned presence in the high mids. Overall, the level of detail is exceptional, and the presented sound is very easy to use effectively once you grow used to it. Feature: The HD280 Pros come with an excellent reference manual, a screw-on 3.5mm to 6.3mm adaptor, and have a folding / rotating can design which allows you to fit them into small spaces whist travelling. Ease of Use: Obviously there isn't a great deal of ways you can make a set of headphones difficult to use. I suppose the folding cans could annoy you briefly if you aren't very skilled at putting things on your head. Quality: The HD280 Pros are clearly very well built. As they are new, I have yet to be unlucky enough to test their durability, but from my impressions I'm pretty confident that they'll stand up to most of the idiots that come into contact with them. I could definitely see them lasting 3 to 5 years without developing any faults, even with the odd drop or spill added in for pessimistic measure. Value: For under 100 in the UK, these represent fantastic quality. The Sony cans around the same price sound a little silkier, but are no better or worse sounding and certainly don't seem as solidly constructed. Manufacturer Support: Have not had to contact Sennheiser. The Wow Factor: There is nothing about any headphones that makes them stand out from the crowd really, but great sound, excellent build quality and good value for money are a significant combination. Overall: I picked these up about a month ago and I have to say I'm extremely satisfied. I use them primarily for creating dance music, as well as sound FX design & orchestral music for videogames. They are versatile, capable and durable with a very high quality, detailed and unbiased character.

"grate stuff" submitted May 22, 2006

Musical Background: recording engineer
Music Style: "Big Band & classical Music"
Sound: sounds grate for the price. Feature: I wold like to have the headset and cable were detachable. I spend my time in a power chair. My head set got raped up in my rear wheels it wold be nice if that could happen.

"THESE ARE TRUE CRITICAL LISTENING HEADPHONES FOR RECORDING_COMPARABLE TO GOOD STUDIO MONITORS." submitted January 18, 2006

By a customer from netscape.net
Overall
Sound: these are undoubtedly one of the best earphones for recording. they reproduce a true flat sound which track studio monitors quite accurately. the only thing I can see is the bass reproduction in these phones is "slightly"ess than you'll hear when comparing them to speakers. the highs and middle are right on. Quality: very well built,they have held up (the earcups leather) better than my sonys. Value: these are worth 5 times than what they cost. other earphones exaggerate the highs and lows - these are terrific for true critical listening. I tried the Beyer's- they're good sounding but exaggerate the sound,along with the Sony headphones.

"I think we all know this is the best headphone for the money." submitted September 27, 2007

Musical Background: musician, producer, engineer
Music Style: Rock, Metal, Rap
Sound: This is what the used for musicians tracking in the studio I went to school at. Not for mixing, but defiantely the best SPL and clarity for the money. Feature: Meh, they're headphones, I don't need them to do much. Ease of Use: Plug in, put on head, if you can't do that you shouldn't be on the internet. Quality: I've had this set for 2 years, no problems. Value: Best SPL for the money. Manufacturer Support: NA

"I love em'" submitted August 20, 2007

Musical Background: Hip-Hop producer-engineer
Music Style: HIP-HOP
Sound: Great set of headphones for recording vocals or whatever!!! NO BLEED!! at a nice comfortable level. Feature: swivels and everything. Very nice build Ease of Use: A Caveman can do it!!! Quality: I returned a pair of $199 headphones for these in exchange and I am super happy that I did. Great headphones get as many as you need. Value: BEST VALUE POSSIBLE!!! Manufacturer Support: won't need em!! The Wow Factor: They just look like professional headphones!!! And they are! Overall: 100% satisfied

"I wish they'd fix the build quality. I'd buy some more. But how would I know? I already wasted about $200 on broken equipment" submitted January 30, 2005

By a customer from assinine.org
Musical Background: Recording Engineer
Music Style: All
Sound: These sound great, and the external noise dampening is often very useful. Feature: normal features, although the ability to invert the earpiece bit me. After a session the drummer was complaining he was only getting one side. So (I replaced his cans and moved on) after the session I inspected them. On earpiece had the wires ripped apart. what had happened is when the drummer picked them up one side had inverted, then instead of un-inverting them, he twisted them back inplace, which ripped the wires out. So this headphone is too complex for your average drummer ;) . So now I've got a dead pair. Quality: Sound quality and comfort is really nice for the price, but the build quality of the plastic is pathetic. I've had two pairs and both have had the little plastic pieces on the arch break. I'm using one pair with hair ties holding the plastic together. It will probably break soon because this leaves the little wires sticking out. My other pair is dead by drummer twisting when he should have un-inverted the earpiece. Value: value is great if you luck out and don't get a broken one. Manufacturer Support: unknown. I really should send them both back for replacements but I just don't have time. My AKG 240 cans are all still working and I've had them much longer. Overall: Potentially great product. Great sound & comfort. Great isolation. Unfortunately the two I purchased had crappy head mount plastic that was broken within a day of use.

"Go for the Audio Technica ATH-M50's instead." submitted January 6, 2011

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Musical Background: Amateur - 40+ years
Music Style: Contemporary Christian
Sound: These headphones lack on the bottom end. Might be what you are looking for to record. I did some research and concluded that the Audio Technica ATH-M50 is superior for about $30 more. Feature: Very comfortable. Great isolation. Quality: Seems to be like most others made of plastic. Value: The price is reasonable. Manufacturer Support: haven't had to use support, but Sennheiser is a reputable company for sure. Overall: I sent these back and opted for the Audio Technica ATH-M50 which cost a little more, but the reviews are outstanding. Haven't gotten them yet, but I can't wait. I will be using them for home recording.

"You'd be hard-pressed to find a better headphone around this price range." submitted June 10, 2005

Musical Background: Active Musician, Recording Enginner
Music Style: Alternative, Rock
Sound: Very good sound reproduction for accurate headphone monitoring, a tad bit thin on the low end though (the blue tack mod fixes some of this). Feature: The coiled cord can definitely get in the way sometimes. Quality: I've owned these cans for a year and a half, stepped on them a couple times, and they have never broke or had any problems. Value: In my opinion, these are the best headphones for the price range. Manufacturer Support: Never had to call support. The Wow Factor: Aesthetically, these headphones are pretty large, and youll probably look funny wearing them in public (if you care about that). They are durable and well constructed. Overall: A great overall headphone.

"This is to offset the jackass with the toilet plunger review." submitted May 2, 2007

Overall
Sound: Slightly bassy, but still superb for $100 cans. Feature: Screw on jack is aces. Would have been nice to have a bag. Ease of Use: They're headphones. Is anything easier to use? Quality: Adjusters cracked on my first pair. They've since been redesigned to be tougher. No probs with my second set. Value: The best $100 cans on the market, period. Manufacturer Support: No idea about service. Never needed it. The Wow Factor: See above. Overall: The best.

"for 100$ headphones, these and the sony mdr7506 are in a class of their own, though they both excel at different areas (i will c" submitted April 2, 2010

Overall
Sound: not as good as other 100$ headphones. maybe because they try to be too accurate like studio monitors, or maybe the position of the speakers in relation to your ears is a bit off.. but inside isolated headphones it creates a boxy, less pleasant sound than others. the sony mdr 7506 blow it away in this category imo Feature: great isolation, comes with everything you need as far as headphones are concerned. the hd280's have the edge in this department, as the sony mdr7506 has more sound bleeding and slightly less isolation Ease of Use: the cord isn't as manageable as others , and it can be a little hard to get a comfortable fit on bigger heads.. sony mdr7506 are better in this department Quality: good, but the sony mdr-7506 are better. the sony's are like shure microphones, they won't break even if you try to break them. Value: you cannot get better isolation headphones for under 100$ period. too bad they lack in casual listening/mixing departments a bit. Manufacturer Support: never used their support, but sony's professional audio department is awesome The Wow Factor: i wouldn't mind having a pair of these when i need to record stuff where headphone bleed might be an issue.. but i already have the sony 7506's which are good enough 95% of the time and i can't justify spending another 100 bux on these.. but if someone wants to give me a pair for free i'll take them :D Overall: if you want awesome isolation at under 100$ for tracking only, these are the headphones for you! if you want to mix, casually listen, as well as track nearly as good, then the sony mdr7506's are a better choice. i would highly recommend both depending on the application , but overall sony's are a little better.

Sennheiser HD-280 Pro Customer Review submitted March 6, 2009

Overall
Quality: I break a lot of headphones - these were no exception. But read thru reviews and other users have had the plastic in the headband break off. Thats what happend to mine. Frustrating because otherwise good phones. COmpared to other phones they lasted pretty well as my experience is that they all have too much cheap breakable plastinc in them. Overall: They were not good enough to warrant buying anther pair. I;m going for something else.

"Very good product. Not as great as the OLDER version. Great sleek new design. Padded Headset." submitted April 7, 2011

Overall
Sound: I have an older set of Sennheiser Headphones and they are absolutely awesome. I even wore them when I went outside to garden. But these are not as good, the sound is great, but background interference noise is bothersome and sometimes they fade out. I can't wear these outside to garden, noisy interference. I kept my old Sennheisers for back up and if I should purchase another pair, I'd look for the old ones. Feature: No accessories Ease of Use: Very simple to use Quality: looks sleek and well made. Trimmed down from older model I have, headphone fits much better and are padded. I like that feature. The unit is smaller and looks better. Value: For higher end products, this is not way out of range in pricing. Manufacturer Support: NA The Wow Factor: NA Overall: I will keep these. I only use them to watch/listen to the TV when I need the sound down/off. They work well for that purpose. The background noise does not bother me from that close range.

"Excellent phones for Pro Studio use!" submitted August 10, 2006

Music Style: Symphonic / Choral / New Age / Rock
Sound: Excellent and I tested over 20 different pairs in it's price range and it was hands down the best sounding headphones. I'm an avid AKG fan and buying these was not an easy choice. I wanted something different with plenty of BASS and great highs -- these delivered the goods. The other reviews mention Sony -- but quite frankly I found these to totally crush any Sony phone in it's price range. Feature: Awesome isolation. If you have a loud noisy computer like I do and you're trying to compose something, these headphones will transport you to a total quiet and relaxing atmosphere. This is new to me and quite frankly, I don't know how I ever lived without it. Ease of Use: Can't get any easier to deal with. Quality: It looks sturdy but so far so good. I haven't dropped them yet though and according to the other reviews I'm a little taken back. I've owned AKG phones in the past and I'm hoping these will out last them. Value: Excellent value in my opinion. I bought these for $99.00 and would have definitely paid $150.00 for them. Manufacturer Support: Warranty is 2 years. Not too shab. The Wow Factor: For headphones I really don't care what they look like but I must say, these phones aren't the sexiest but who cares.. They sound awesome and are really comfortable. Overall: Too bad there isn't a 9.5 vote. I expect to have these headphones for many years to come until they totally fall apart on me. It's the only reason I really went looking for new ones.

"Great 'phones...until you use them more than once." submitted February 22, 2005

Musical Background: Program Director in Radio
Music Style: Rock/Pop
Sound: The sound is decent, when the headphones actually WORK. I'm on my second pair of the 280's, and there seems to be a chronic problem with the wires either shorting out or something. I was in radio using these 'phones for years, and treated them like a baby; yet, they still would end up shorting out, a piercing sound would appear every so often; otherwise, I like the lack of mid-range. High end/low end is what I like, and this set delivers...when they're working. Feature: Again, I treated these phones with overprotective/fanatical care, and they still broke. The headband...the plastic on there broke twice. These are NOT sturdy headphones. I used them Mon-Fri, for no more than 3.5 hours at a time, and they just don't hold up. I never even listened in just one ear/folded them over...not ONCE. I just don't get it. Quality: It's too bad...these could be GREAT headphones. But, they just do NOT hold up. I bought them, returned the first pair after 2 months (after the headband broke the 1st time), then the second pair's headband started cracking about 3 weeks after I started using the 2nd pair. That's the thing...even if you "baby" these phones, good luck keeping them in working order for very long. I can't argue with the sound quality, which is always top notch with Sennheiser...my beef is with the extremely poor construction...all this from a cheapskate wanted the best and who wouldn't let anyone...ANYONE...else use my 'phones, let alone even look at them. I'm no engineer, I shouldn't have to think about how to replace the cord...or the headband...or the plastic on the outside of the headband...etc. etc. etc. Value: I'd buy a pair of Sony's or Shure 'phones before this model again. I love Sennheiser, and have always been partial to their products, but lately, they don't hold up. Manufacturer Support: I'm glad the store where I bought the 1st pair was willing to let me return them. Then I moved away, and now I'm stuck with a pair of headphones with a short of some sort or something in them, a broken headband, and no way to replace them. I wish I could use them with my iPod, the sound is so good...but I'm better off with the stock earbuds instead of putting up with these fragile phones. The Wow Factor: Unless you use these phones once or twice a month, forget it. The sound quality is not worth the sacrifice of poor/weak construction. You'd be wise to spend your hard earned money elsewhere on a more sturdy pair of Sennheiser's or better.

"I HAVE A HOME STUDIO. I USE THESE HEADPHONES FOR EVERYTHING. CRISP CLEAN SOUND IS WHAT YOU GET FROM THIS HEADSET. FULL RANGE SOU" submitted January 27, 2005

By a customer from VERIZON.NET
Musical Background: HOBBYIST
Music Style: INSTRUMENTALS, RAP, R&B, ROCK, JAZZ, HOUSE
Sound: THE SOUND IN THIS PRODUCT IS ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE. Feature: ALMOST EVERYTHING ON THIS HEADSET IS REPLACEABLE. Value: THIS WA THE FIRST PLACE THAT I SEEN IT FOR $200. I PAID $90 FOR THE HEADSET, SO I BOUGHT THREE.

"Solid build, solid sound, great value" submitted April 22, 2007

Musical Background: Playing and home recording
Music Style: Funk/Groove/Jazz
Sound: Very nice clear sound - it does have that closed headphone feel, but once I got used to it and its slight bassiness I started to notice all these details in the music I wasn't hearing through my speakers. Awesome isolation from outside noise - great for studio or just home use. They'll play good through your ipod or whatever thanks to the 64 ohm resistance. Feature: Nice little gold screw on 1/4" jack, which is pretty standard with most decent cans. A bag would have been nice though! Ease of Use: yup Quality: Solid. Those Irish know their stuff, and while these are pretty chunky looking, they are also really chunky feeling - they won't break in a hurry. Value: Get these cheap online and you won't regret it! The Wow Factor: Let's face it - not cool at all. A small price to pay, as you probably shouln't be trying to pick up with headphones on anyway!

"The only reason I would not purchase another set would be if they are not longer available." submitted March 2, 2011

Musical Background: Recording
Sound: The other set I had hurt my ears after wearing them for just a few minutes. My new Sennheiser headphones are extremely comfortable even after a long session. The sound is fantastic and they will now be the only phones at my studio. Feature: No accessories. Ease of Use: Just plug 'em in and sit back and listen!!!! Quality: The pads are extremely comfortable and the size ensures the noise cancelling I've experienced. Value: You can't beat the price for the quality. Manufacturer Support: The product is so good, I haven't needed support. The Wow Factor: It's practical, excellent performance and comfortable. What else can you ask of a pair of headphones? Overall: This is a pair of headphones that I will use as long as they are serviceable, which I expect to be for a very long time due to their construction and materials.

"Awful sound quality." submitted November 25, 2003

By a customer from johnbracken.com
Overall
Sound: Weak low end, fake midrange, paint peeling highs... just awful sound quality. The people who are raving about these headphones should try the Sonys. Quality: They are well made, but sound awful. Value: Spend a little more and buy the Sony 700's if you want true sounding headphones! Manufacturer Support: Who cares! The Wow Factor: I received a pair from the factory. I tried them out against a pair of Sony 700's. Hands down, the Sony 700's sounded better across the board! Several band/crew members tried them out too. Nobody liked the sound of the HD-280's.

When you call, mention priority code 14YL-PVLT. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976