When you call, mention priority code 14RY-J4F5

Rating and Reviews: Sennheiser e835 Mic

Upgrade your stage vocal mic to this high-output dynamic. The e835 delivers crisp, clear, detailed vocals and an even response across its cardioid pattern.

"Great mics, great price, great quality" submitted August 2, 2011

Overall
Music Style: classic rock, southern rock, metal
Sound: Great sounding microphones. I had used them before so I was familiar with the quality before I purchased them. Used mainly for vocals, not for miking cabinets. Nice warm, true vocal sound. Feature: Its a microphone so features are limited. Not a fan of the microphone clips that are part of the bundle, seem too small and prone to break so I use what came with my stands instead Ease of Use: Not much to say about ease of use. Quality: Feels sturdy, no plastic parts. Looks like a professional product. I've know 2 others with these exact same microphones and no one has ever had any issues with reliability or damage due to misuse or dropping. Very well made Value: I bought the 3-pack and saved a lot of money. They even beat a competitors price. How can you not love that Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: No parts to wear out so unless there ends up being a manufacturer defect I don't expect to replace these at any point. Perfect value and price point for someone like me who plays in a band and occasionally plays out. Technically I could have bought cheaper microphones to get the job done but paying a little more but getting a lot more made sense to me

"Try the E835,it's great sounding !!!!" submitted January 13, 2008

By a customer from netscape.net
Musical Background: Live soundman
Sound: Never mind a great mic for ther money- this is a GREAT mic at any price. I own Beyerdynamic M88's,M69's ,Neumann KMS 104 and 105's, and I can tell you I like this mic better than every one of them on my voice. This mic does not have a muddy bottom end,it's tight and the highs are perfect. Shure betas and sm's don't even come close unless you eq the hell out of them. Try plugging one into a Good mixer with all eq flat(at center position) you'll see immediately that this mic still maintains good overall sound quality,where most other mics sound muddy and have no high end. I have AB'd the E835 against the E845 and it still comes up as a better mic. Try it !!!! Feature: Great,great sound on both male and female vocals.
20 of 21 people (95.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

Sennheiser e835 Mic Customer Review submitted September 15, 2006

Overall
Sound: Our band owns A LOT of mics. The female singer uses this for rehersals and live performance. Her sound is warm and clear. Live, this mic punches through hard, no feed back problems. For her voice it has been better than a SM58. We play country and classic rock. Quality: We crate these around (always one plus two backups) quite a bit and they have held up well. Value: I would say that for the money there is really nothing better.

"Great microphones." submitted May 4, 2014

By Henry Monday in Dandridge, TN
Overall
Music Style: Rock, Blues......
Overall: I ordered three of these mic's after reading other customers reviews. I'm glad I purchased these mic's. I have had a better result on stage with the Sennheiser e835's than I was having out of my old mic's (brand name withheld), I am happy to be able to get the level of vocals and the clarity without feedback issues. I'm no professional, but I feel like one with these microphones. Good buy for anyone wanting to improve their vocals, especially when you are surrounded by loud instruments.

"Crisp and powerful!" submitted August 7, 2012

By Willie D. Welch in Wichita, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar at 5 years old for the first time, and I am now 58. I am no longer a professional music maker, just gig weekly.
Music Style: Blues, some Jazz, older Country when called for, and some Rockabilly. I love to play and sing the old Gospel tunes that lean tow
Sound: The sound quality is supurb in my view! Crisp, clear with good bottom end. This beats other mics (Shure 58's, Berringer H1000, and even a higher dollar BLUE enCORE 200, altho that one is close) and I believe will by my main on stage mic from now on. I do solo and Band gigs and it is perfect for both! Mainly Blues and a spattering of a few other styles get the thumbs up with this fine piece as far as sound quality goes! Feature: This mic has only one thing I do not care for and that being the lack of an on/off switch. I know the e835 S has the switch, but this gift mic does not and that is something I miss. It is sturdy buit and the construction means a lot of years usage with little to no repairs. The lack of an on/off switch will add to that as well, so it is kind of a toss up on the switch being a negative point. Ease of Use: Took it from the box, plugged uit in, set all eq parameters to mid and BOOM, there it was. GREAT sounds. I later tweaked them a little just to see, and a little added bass and a shade off the highs and it still sounds crisp on the hsighs and has a bigger bottom sound! easy to adjust on the EuroPower PMP2000 head I used. Quality: Solid as a rock. Having never abused a Shure 58 I cannot compare it, but I suspect it might be JUST as hardy in the contruction! Great solid feel to it. Value: I got this one as a gift, but $99.00 sounds like a bargain for the quality of this mic! It shows as good of sound quality as the BLUE enCORE 200 that sells for $50.00 more! Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with Sennheiser, and due to the quality of the product, I may never have to contact them. The only reason I might would be to say "Thanks." The Wow Factor: The real WOW! factor is in the sound. It has a certain strong appearence that appeals, but the sound is what makes me say "WOW!" Overall: I received 2 microphones as a gift today from a friend. A BLUE enCORE 200 and this Sennheiser e835. Both have good points, but this 835 has a good bass and the crispest edge. I have used many different mics over the years and Shure 58's and the Berringer H1000 I have used do not even come close to the sound of this fine beast! This will be the mic for stage use, and while doing solo gigs I might even use it to mic an acoustic and use the BLUE for vocals. They are close to exchangeable with the 835 set dead center through a PMP2000 head the sound is perfect with my voice! To get the exact same setting I have to turn the high's up and add a little bass to the BLUE, then they both sound identical...almost. Still the 835 seems crisper with good bass. I have not spent time trying to increase the 835's bass and mids to see what happens, but I suspect it will be VERY good!I would use only this kind of mic if I were starting over with sound equipment. It is THAT good. I suspect some of the reviews are less than spectacular for this item as they were run through a lesser PA set-up. The Berringer PMP2000 is a good head and great for the money. Paired with a set of 3 or 4 Senn e835 I would not be afraid to take to the stage and rock it out all night long!Thanks Sennheiser, you have made a Monster of a mic!

Sennheiser e835 Mic Customer Review submitted February 21, 2006

Overall
Sound: Good bass and nice clear highs. Feature: Not much you can expect for a cardiod dynamic on a budget. Quality: Very well built - XLR connection and microphone grills are smooth to disconnect/connect. Value: Good value for money. Manufacturer Support: None yet. Overall: It had much clearer top end compared to the SM58 which may or not be a good thing. Its quite sensitive to feedback compared to other mics. Excellent live mic which can be used in home recording studio. Highly recommended vocal microphone for solo singers.

"Sen e835 does the job" submitted October 6, 2013

By Craig R in Prestonsburg, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Singing playing violin and providing sound engineering for 50k years
Music Style: Many
Overall: I purchased this mic along with the three pack for a gospel quartet that was to perform at our church. The mics were a BIG hit with the group and produced a great sound as per audience reports. They still had a little more handling noise than I would have liked but this was a group of newbies and they handled them fairly rough. Overall I was happy with the product.

"Square dance caller" submitted May 20, 2014

By Dave P in Plymouth, MA
Musical Background: calling and teaching square dancing for 41 years
Music Style: Modern western square dancing
Overall: I've been using this mic for 3 months now . I find that it delivers clear crisp sounds and does not flatten out. My people have heard a difference from my previous mic. The construction of this mic is way better than my EV product. I plan on using this product for a long time. DEP

"Good quality, performance and price" submitted December 31, 2013

By a customer from live.com in Royal Oak, MI
Musical Background: Church AV tech and videographer for more than 35 years
Music Style: Christian music is what my experience is with, though I listen to many types of music.
Overall: I've been happy with our Sennheiser wireless handheld, which I believe has the 845 element. Replaced Shure SM58s and have been happy so far.

Sennheiser e835 Mic Customer Review submitted May 2, 2008

Musical Background: Podcaster
Sound: You'll see i gave it a 9 for sound, this is for the cost i give it a 9. Compare this to the Shure 57... i'd go with this product. The sound quality is richhh and extremely warm.. I love being able to blow people away with a conversation using this microphone. I keep getting complimented on a great sounding voice.

"Spectacular vocal mic" submitted September 23, 2003

By a customer from 4horsemen.net
Overall
Sound: I use these for all of my lead vocals in low-SPL conditions. One of the best-sounding mics you can get for under $200. Way way better than the annoyingly industry standard SM58, this mic is crisp, clean, and intelligible.

"This product is better than a Shure 58 in my opinion." submitted April 28, 2005

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Music Style: Ska
Sound: This mic has a very good sound. My friend has a Shure 58, and it honestly sounds better and has a fuller sound. Feature: This mic works very well as a vocal mic. Quality: This product has a wonderful durability. Value: This products value is worth more, than they sell it for in the store.

"best microphone ever!!!" submitted September 11, 2006

Overall
Sound: maybe a litle bit more sensitive to completely wipe out shure fro the market.everything else is good it makes your voice sound better.like there is a vocal rainbow when you sing... Quality: make them all sennheizerr microphones dynamyc with switch.people think that it is more cool Value: better than shure

"Good alternative to the old standards." submitted February 2, 2007

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: Active gigging musicican
Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: Very crisp sounding, slightly lacking a tight bottom but overall a decent mic for the price. Feature: Would be nice to have a rolloff for the HF Quality: Nicely built and feels good in your hand. Value: Great mic for the price Manufacturer Support: Never needed any. The Wow Factor: I like them better than my 58's

"Try recording a guitar amp with this" submitted August 17, 2010

Daniel from zZounds
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: This is a great sounding mic for the price. Beyond vocals, it does an excellent with amps especially in recording. In my experience this mic is superior for recording a noisy guitar amp than the SM57. Feature: Simple straight-forward, what else do you need? Ease of Use: See above. Quality: Solidly built to last. Maybe not quite as sturdy as a shure, but still very good. Value: As a near equivalent to the SM58, this could stand to be a bit cheaper. Manufacturer Support: NA

"Good live mike" submitted November 11, 2008

Music Style: Rock and Bluegrass
Sound: The Sennheiser e835 is a very clear sounding mike after a little bit of EQ. It sounds just a little bit dull (oh, wait, maybe thatīs just me). I havenīt tried it on my guitar amp, so I canīt talk about that. I have used it on my acoustic guitar, and it sounded almost as natural and clean as my Samson CO3, which, despite the low price tag ($120), is a very nice condenser. Feature: The stand is a major downfall of this product. It wonīt hold up my condenser for more than a couple of minutes, and itīs not due to quality issues, itīs due to design issues. Itīs design makes so that holding up a big, heavy condenser like my Samson C03 unscrews the knob holding it up. Now, with the little dynamic mike that Iīm actually reviewing, it works just fine. The cables are pretty good, but once I get the money, Iīm going to switch to Monsters. Ease of Use: Itīs a microphone. How hard can it be with a dynamic mike? Just stick it in front of your mouth or guitar or whatever youīre miking. Quality: I canīt entirely vouch for its quality from actual experience dropping it, but it feels very, very sturdy. If I were on the road, I would keep a backup, but thatīs only because thatīs standard practice, especially for a lead singer and his mike. Value: Definitely worth it. I would pay more, especially if the package came with a better stand. Manufacturer Support: I have not had to deal with Sennheiser ever, and donīt expect that I will ever have to. The Wow Factor: Well, itīs not really a sexy mike, but, how hot do mikes get, anyways. Itīs not a classic like the Shure SM58 (I still donīt get why), but itīs not like itīs an ugly mike. So, Iīm not even going to rate this category. Overall: All in all, it works. It sounds good, it would work if I needed it to club through a raging, disrespectful audience (not that thatīs ever happened...), and the stand sucks. Get the mike, but look for a stand elsewhere. Try the OnStage tripod boom. That one works pretty well.

"Mediocre." submitted March 24, 2005

Sound: The sound is fine as long as you are very close to the microphone. It lacks range to cover even a small group of 3-4 people close together.

"second rate" submitted July 27, 2004

Music Style: Jazz, experimental
Sound: muddy sounding I always have to turn up the highs but still when I have used other microphones like akg or electro voice and my voice sounds clear. although this sennhiser model still sounds better than any sure microphone. Quality: the quality is good as far as its buit but the sound quality is a dissapointment. The Wow Factor: don't be decieved by apperinces. Overall: I am looking to replace it now.

"Excellent clarity and gain for a dynamic of this price." submitted July 30, 2004

Music Style: alternative
Sound: This is actually my second review posting. I noticed that some idiot who cannot spell, spammed this product and I'd like to clarify things. Firstly, he calls the mic muddy. That's a rather vague statement, and I disagree. I also don't appreciate you spamming with your incomplete evaluation. Sennheiser produced the E835 series dynamic to compete with the Shure SM57. I'd recommend reading up on the history and popularity of the SM57, which is THE dynamic mic used by pro engineers worldwide for decades. Compare the technical data of the SM57 against the 835. Both have the same flat freq response. The 835 actually has a wider fq response. Sensitivity is also equal. Impedance (actual) is lower on the 835 (good thing). Numbers of course don't mean everything. Sennheiser is one of the top mic makers of all time. This mic has excellent presence and gain. Nice hot signal with very little noise. For the price it can't be beat. There are better vocal mics, and one should consider the condensor model. Check into the studioprojects C1. I purchased the 835 4 years ago after doing some initial research. At the time I knew little about recording. Since, I've learned quite a bit. I should have started off recording vocals, guitar on a good condensor. Well, I recorded several songs via the 835 dynamic, and overall I have attained a rather surprisingly clear recording level. Rule of thumb is DYNAMIC for live performance, Condensor for the studio. Feature: Solid, simple and durable. Quality: I think for the price, Sennheiser has made a great dynamic mic. Solid and tough. Value: Excellent sound for the buck. Manufacturer Support: I have not had problems yet. There is a warranty. The Wow Factor: Dark gray and black metal cap. Looks good, feels good. Overall: I give it a 10, for its class. Again, as I said above the 835 has very similiar freq specs to the industry standard SM57. Sennheiser is a respectable manufacturer, and I believe they have designed a competitive mic here. It performs very well for a dynamic. DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. You may need to purchase a condensor and products vary according to price. You get what you pay for. Id recommend the Studioprojects C1 condensor for those doing vocals in studio on a budget.
15 of 17 people (88.24%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Awesome quality" submitted March 15, 2004

Music Style: Alternative rock
Sound: Let me start by saying Im not an expert in mics. However, I've done my homework and I have no patience with noise or hum. This is one very low noise mic. With a track set to record mode and up full gain I have reached over to switch it on only to be surprised thats its on. Noise is almost null. Amazing. I have good cables though. The sensitiviy is awesome. I use this mic for acoustic guitar and vocals. Im very pleasef with the response. The tracks are clear, bright, deep with up front presence. Look, this is Sennheiser, experts for decades. Its also a piece of German gear, need I say more? OF COURSE, Id prefer a nice pricey condensor mic with great preamps, but this is my budget. Id recommend anyone on a tight budget to get the 835s and get started. Its a professional mic with lots of punch. TIP: When Im recording, I unscrew the metal screen cap and turn the preamp (digi001) all the way up. I then use a little compression. Its a nice strong signal people and Im happy. Feature: I think just the mic in the box, no accessories. Quality: Ive dropped this mic at least twice, full facial grimace kind of drop from at least 4 feet. BLAM to the hardwood floor. No problem. Just as clear as ever. Very freakin sturdy. Solid. Its German made people. You may just want to find a quiet place to sit and just hold it to appreciate its density. :-) Value: I feel like this was a tremendous value for the quality of sound Im getting. Almost giving it away. Manufacturer Support: no problems. The Wow Factor: excellent look and feel. Overall: Im giving this mic a 9, because Im sure theres a 10 mic out there that cost a bit more. But a 9 rating means you can get busy in the studio.

When you call, mention priority code 14RY-J4F5. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976