When you call, mention priority code 156M-21P3

Rating and Reviews: Sennheiser e609S Mic

Mic up loud guitar cabinets with the high-SPL-handling Sennheiser e609S. Its supercardioid pattern yields isolated, focused sound on stage or in the studio.

"Great mic, mediocre accessories." submitted April 26, 2010

Dylan from zZounds
Musical Background: Active Musician, DIY Engineer
Music Style: Punk, Alt-Country, Rock
ZZOUNDS CREW REVIEW
Sound: Great presence, very punchy, aggressive. I like it a heck of a lot more than a 57. Haven't used it live yet but it's great for recording dry tracks. Tends to pick up 10 and 12 inch speakers better than 15s. Get a windscreen and try it on vocals with an extra room mic for that Albini-esque sound... Feature: The mic seems tough enough. It's really compact, I might try using it to mic up some drums. The bag is okay, the clip is useless. It doesn't fit the stem of the mic at all, barely fits over the XLR jack on the cable. I'm just using it draped over the cab instead. Ease of Use: It's a mic, point it at the thing you want to pick up, pretty easy. All depends on your ear and experience in the studio I guess. Quality: Probably not bomb proof like a 57 but I don't think I'll be taking this one on the road with me. I could see it surviving a few rough nights at The Mutiny, maybe. Value: Same price as a 57 but smaller, lighter and less noisy. Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to deal with the manufacturer yet. Probably won't need to unless I do something stupid to it. The Wow Factor: Not as sleek looking or feature rich as the e906 but I don't really need selectable filters on a dynamic mic, that's what EQ is for. Overall: I'm a junkie for gear so I'm always looking for something new and different. This mic will probably be used on everything I record until it stops working. In which case, I'll probably buy another or try out the 906. It's always a good idea to keep a stable of mics at the ready. Definitely recommend giving this one a shot.

"Great Bang For Your Buck!" submitted February 20, 2012

By Michael Gordon in Boston, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Live Sound Engineer...
Sound: I am a live sound engineer, and recently added this to my microphone rig. This product can handle a wide array of musical styles. I have used this for Blues, Rock, Punk, Surf Rock and everything else you can imagine. I think the sound quality of this is much better than an SM57. High gain before feedback is awesome too! Feature: The Most useful feature of this mic is that it eliminates the need for a stand on stage. If you are tight on space, than this mic is for you. Hang it through the handle of an amp, and place a small piece of tape on your XLR cord, and you are good to go. The components of the mic seem to feel a little cheap. It is extremely light compared to an sm57. That does not mean that this wont hold up. Just make sure you don't have people throwing it around, and what not. Ease of Use: Very easy to get good guitar sounds out of this mic. The response is right where you need it, and it is tailor made for guitar sounds. Quality: The product seems to feel lighter than I expected, but I baby my mics, so that's just me. Value: Yes! Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with the company as of yet. Overall: This microphone is awesome! Compared to the Sm57 it beats it hands down. The design eliminates the use for a microphone stand, which is good cause I have a small stage, and the less clutter I have, the better. I was on the fence about getting this microphone or a SM57 or an Audix i5. I am glad I went with this, I will be purchasing another one soon!

"Great for Metalcore/Hardcore, or any touring band." submitted February 13, 2005

Musical Background: Activie Musician
Music Style: Metal/Hardcore
Sound: Very crisp and punchy. Highly Reccomend for Metalcore/Hardcore bands looking to really bring out the awesome power of the Peavey 5150 or Mesa Triple Rectifier. Feature: No real features, I like the carrying pouch compared to Shure's. Quality: Very solid and tough, nice powdercoat finish so scratching isn't much of an issue. Value: Basically the same price as SM-57, but sounds alot better. Manufacturer Support: Sennheiser = Good People. The Wow Factor: The overall look of the microphone makes you think it's a refreshing, unique piece of equipment, and it is. Overall: My band tours the midwest and i bring these with everywhere, we use all Sennheiser on guitars and bass, Audix on drums, and Shure Beta 58A's for vocals. This mic has held up the best so far.

"Sennheiser e609S Silver Guitar Mic" submitted December 3, 2013

By Nate S
Overall
Music Style: blues, indie, rock, electronic, hip hop
Overall: This is OK. No too much different that an SM57 but you can hear a little mid hump....not too noticeable unless you're really paying attention. The benefit of this si tat if you have a tight stage or limited to working space, you can hang this from the handle to the speaker and it will save the space that gets taken up by a boom stand.

"Badass guitar Amp mic." submitted April 12, 2004

Music Style: Metal
Sound: Get it as close as possible for a punchy tight sound. Block off the rear of it if you really want a dry sound. Its Super cardoid so it'll pick up a fair amount of signal from the back.

"it works in a mix" submitted June 30, 2004

Music Style: alternative,metal,ska
Sound: the mic is great for getting right up on the cab the olny problem i have is that it made everything come out harsh and bright. this worked out by adding a room mic and mixing this one lower in the mix to pick up some more highs. sounded nice in a full mix. Feature: came with a mic clip, pouch, and manual on everything about it. really nice. Quality: everything is very solid and nice. i really liked that about this. it seems a little more solid than my sm-57. Value: very good price for what can be done Manufacturer Support: havent tried The Wow Factor: its a mic...... Overall: i am always looking for new sounds to get(as everyone else is) and it worked pretty well i am sure i can get it sounding really good with the right gear to back it up with, at the budget home studio level this is good enough to experiment with.

"Good mic, but not the only one you need." submitted August 15, 2007

Overall
Sound: The e609 works really well in some situations and really badly in others. It's definitely not as versatile or reliable (sound-wise) as the venerable SM-57. It lacks the bottom end of most electric guitar mics and it sounds quite shrill at times. Recording-wise it works occasionally, usually for clean guitar parts where more clarity is needed. From my experience, where this mic shines is in live situations, particularly at clubs and other less than perfect acoustic spaces. The mic fits into the mix nicely and doesn't get into the boom range. Feature: Slick guitar amp mic. The front is clearly labeled and it's designed so it can be draped over the front of the cabinet if need be. These are both handy features for live situations. Other than that it's pretty much just a mic. Value: There are better values out there for sure, but I'm glad I have this mic in my collection. It's a mic worth having.

When you call, mention priority code 156M-21P3. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976