When you call, mention priority code 20H-3RWN

Rating and Reviews: Seymour Duncan SPB3

Still using stock pickups? Achieve a fatter, fuller, and punchier sound and enjoy greater sustain with Seymour Duncan's SPB3 Quarter Pound P Bass pickups.

"Very high quality pickups." submitted September 14, 2005

Music Style: Alternaive, Jazz, Metal, and Rock
Sound: This pickup has a full and fat sound. My fender precision standard improved greatly from it. It has become an integral part of my "rhythm bass" sound (I'm looking to switch over to a quarter pound jazz and musicman replacement for my Fernandes Tremor, my "lead bass"). Quality: Seymour Duncan... need I say moire? THe man is known for making great pickups. Value: Worth ever penny. The Wow Factor: Very good pickup. Again, it's part of my sound. The sounds is good for most of what I do. I play some free form jazz that my fernandes is better suited to, but that's due to bass type, not the pickups. Overall: I don't need to change pickups in my precision ever again (in all likelyhood).
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Less than expected." submitted August 2, 2004

Overall
Music Style: pop punk, classic rock
Sound: I baught this pickup along with the mathcing jazz pickup for my fender deluxe, unfortunately, they sound almost exactly the same as the factory pickups. im sure theyre great for anyone with a cheap squier or foreign made fender, but if you have american fender electronics in your bass, dont bother with these. Feature: Came with covers and screws, but no supporting spogne or whatever, so i had to peel them off my old pickups. They should be included. Quality: Made very well. Value: Should be a little cheaper (based on my experience with their similiarity to my old pickups). Manufacturer Support: I'm sure theyre great, never ahd to deal with them. The Wow Factor: Definately wanted it a lot, ever sicne I picked up my first bass (where these would have improved it), however on my current bass, it only deeped the sound, which is a plus, but maybe not so much for the money. Overall: I'll never buy other pickups.

"worth every penny" submitted April 14, 2006

Musical Background: player
Music Style: metal
Sound: These pickups completely changed the sound a my p-bass copy (fullerton). Man these things do every thing as advertised. Feature: very cool and beefy looking Ease of Use: This was my first time soldering (only burned myself twice) ,actually they were easy to install, did it in about an hour. Quality: these go to eleven!!!! Value: I would recommend these to anyone who is tired of the sound from there p style bass. Mine sounds awsome since the install. The Wow Factor: If you are using stock pickups you don't know what you are missing.

"Crumby squirer pickups to seymour duncans" submitted June 5, 2012

By Dr Wizardface in nowhere, HI
Musical Background: kazoo virtuoso
Music Style: reggae , funk , jazz , hungarian harpsicord medlys , abstract mouse chase soundtracks , the music of my deranged mind.
Overall: I have a second hand squier p-bass I bought for 70 quid.the pickups it came with were pretty rubbish , so after a couple of years I decided to change them.I read a lot of reviews and looked at a lot of difrent pickucks , and found it all a bit arbitrary reading about another persons interpretation of sound. , and wouldnt rely on any ones opinion who used words like "awsome" anyway. If your search for some sound clips thats helpfull.these pickups cost me 60 quid , neary as much as the bass itself.Im very happy with them , the quelity of the sound is far superior , they seem to add the missing layers of tone and theres no hum or buzz , basically making the guitar not sound crap.chords sound nice , turning up the treble for a twangy funk stlye sounds nice too. they sound like a bass of a record. I had read they were a lot loader and suited to rock so was worried they might have a distorted effect wich i would find undesirable but they didnt.they dont come with springs , just some wierd little plastic tubes wich I can find no use for.they are much better than the made in china squier pickups , just much cleaner and professional sounding with a chunkyer build quility.I would advise them to anybody wanting to vastly improve a squier .I think there good. I think pyramids and space travel are "awsome" these are just pickups.hope that helps some one.

"Great pups!!" submitted September 29, 2009

Musical Background: Session Studio and Live Performance Bassist
Music Style: Anything and Everything
Overall: Among other basses, I own a Yamaha RBX460 that has been heavily modified. Part of the modifications done is replacing the stock PJ pickups. Yamaha pickups have come a long way since the time that I bought this bass, but they stunk back then. Anyway, I replaced the Yamaha PJ set with a Basslines Quarter Pound P and Quarter Pound J Bridge. I love the set. The installation was tricky, but I think only because I had never installed pickups before this. I love the P bass tone this pickup provides. I also like that it is noise cancelling. The Quarter Pound J at the bridge is NOT hum cancelling though, so when I play this bass in the studio, it is my go to bass for P-bass tone. I recently converted the bass to fretless, so I can't wait to record with it again!

"quarter pounder" submitted March 10, 2013

By jerrod k in wooster, OH
Musical Background: been jammng around almost 15 years
Music Style: whatever catches my fancey
Sound: defently added to my low end and mid range. it seriously improves the sound of a lower end bass. my sx sounded ok before now it sounds awsome. Feature: quarter inch poles for more range and output Ease of Use: easy Quality: so far hoding up great Value: its worth it Manufacturer Support: less than desireable The Wow Factor: great punch Overall: good pickups to up grade lower end bass

"Getting a great sound from a inexpensive bass guitar." submitted December 17, 2003

By a customer from koyote.com
Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Blues, Christian, Bass
Sound: Great Sound. I put the P Bass and Jazz Bass pick ups on my Ibanez. I own a 1963 Fender Jazz Bass I purchased new in 1963 and my Ibanez with the Seymours sounds as good as my vintage jazz. Feature: One thing I had to do, is file the Jazz pick up cover a little to fit. Quality: Solid Value: For Sure! Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: N/A Overall: I would have purchased sooner if I would have known how good the sound would be.

"ok pickup" submitted October 9, 2006

By a customer from verizon.net
Musical Background: musician
Music Style: Punk/Ska/Reggae
Sound: I guess it improved my tone a little in my bass. I should notice a huuuuge difference though considering that its a SQUIER, thats right a SQUIER p-bass!! When I max out the highs, it sounds way too peircing and the lows are a bit muddy. I guess I need new gear (SVT-3Pro combined with an eden 410 cab, no better match!) when I get the money :( Feature: eh... Ease of Use: not that hard to put in, just need some sautering skills :) Quality: didn't blow up yet... Value: the tone gain wasnt worth the money :( Manufacturer Support: didn't need it yet... The Wow Factor: don't really care for it. Overall: I'm not the guy you should be listening to if your looking to buy this pickup cause I didn't do it justice with good gear, i'm running it through crappy hartke gear.

When you call, mention priority code 20H-3RWN. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976