When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-WYR2

Rating and Reviews: Seymour Duncan Hot Rails

This single coil pickup offers extremely high output tone and noise cancelling effects without having to alter your guitar in any way.

"House Cat with Lion's Teeth" submitted July 30, 2016

By Darrin Ros in Jonesboro, AR
Musical Background: Playing for 40 years
Music Style: Guitar intensive rock and blues
Overall: Put the Hot Rails in the Sea Foam Green Strat I got from you guys. Guitar goes from sparkle clean tone to Rip your balls off just for being in the room in 2 seconds. Sustains like my Les Paul. If your stratocaster is playing possum, install one of these hot rails and it will show it's teeth. Makes my Marshall smile.

"Very worthwhile Strat upgrade" submitted March 27, 2010

Overall
Sound: I replaced the Tex-Mex bridge single-coil in my lefty 60th Anniversary mexican strat with this guy. I also had the volume pot replaced with a 500k potentiometer, in lieu of the 250k pot that comes standard on strats. This is important, as the new humbucker won't sound right otherwise. Really great sound, and the volume bump that people have complained about is relative to what other pickups you have in the guitar, so with me it was hardly noticeable as the Tex Mex pickups are pretty darn hot themselves. Great sound, no hum, sounds really rich and full. Thick as a Les Paul? No. A strat with a Hot Rails sounds different than a Les Paul, as it should. Different animal. I Feature: Mine's white, and blends well with the other pickups on the strat. It also features awesome sound... Ease of Use: No fuss, no muss; once I got it back from the tech after having it installed, it sounded awesome straight away. It's made me play my strat a lot more now, prompting me to order a Wilkinson VS100 to replace the crap-tastic stock bridge on standard Fenders. Quality: I think Seymour Duncan is a great company, and I expect years and years of faithful service from this pickup... Value: These still sell for what they did over twenty years ago when they came out on the market, which shows remarkable value... Manufacturer Support: Ambivalent about this one, as I've never had the occasion to reach them for anything... The Wow Factor: This took a great-sounding guitar to a whole new level. Great tone, great sustain, great harmonics, dead-silent. Overall: Love it.

Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Customer Review submitted May 29, 2011

Music Style: Rokc, Hard Rock, Alt
Sound: Nice warm neck humbucker bridge sound. Just what I was looking for. I was playing a lot of clean type music when I purchased my Strat, but got into more aggressive music as time went by. This pickup is a prefect drop in replacement to get you start to sound more agressive. I did the bridge pickup already. This purchase was for the neck position. Feature: Comes with all you need, well execpt you need to have soder, and know how to replace this or have a Tech do it for you. Ease of Use: Its a pickup. Once its installed you are set. Quality: Perfect! well made. Value: Sure beats buying a new guitar for a good humbucker sound! Manufacturer Support: Love all their products The Wow Factor: Looks fantastic in the Strat!

"I love it, i love it, i love it!"

By a customer from cs.com
Overall
Sound: It's got a nice, full tone, but if you roll back the bass, you can get a good shredding, vai-esque tone. The sound is great! It's exactly what i needed to shred like crazy, but still be able to play twangy stuff w/ my strat. I use a lot of gain and compression when i play, and w/ my single coils, i gt nasty feedback. With this pickup, its just like a humbucker, only hotter than the rest of the 'buckers i own. just run it through a PODxt (line6), and straight into my computer for recording, and straight into a marshall stack when i play live. It sounds wonderful in both scenarios. I reccomend it to anyone who is fed up w/ single coils not being 'saturated' enough. Feature: There are really no accesories or features of this pickup, except for the fact that this pickup kicks @$$! Quality: Well, it fit perfectly in the opening already in my pickguard. I would've just gotten a regular humbucker, but imad my own pickguard out of diamond-plated aluminum, and i didn't want 2 screw it up. I have owned for about 6 months now, and when go 'on the road', i don't use anything bu the guiar with this pickup in it. I love it! It seems as though it will last a really long time (if not forever!). Value: Definately worth the money! Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal w/ the company yet, but i guess that's a good thing The Wow Factor: I really like he way it looks. I have the traditonal white pickup covers on my other two single coils, but i decided to go with the black one, to give it a custom look, and it looks great! Overall: As of now, i won't play through any other pickup, i like this one so much! I don't think it will wear out (any time soon), but if it does, i guss that means i'll have to get another one. If someone stole this, i would definately buy the same thing again!

Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Customer Review submitted September 13, 2011

Music Style: Hard rock. Metal
Sound: I am very haPpy with the hot rails pick up east to install and zzounds was easy to order from and was a great experience Feature: Great pick up now I just have to replace the rest of the stock pick ups The Wow Factor: Great pick up

"Change! I needed to change the sound of my strat for more agressive music. This pickup was a nice drop in replacement that tota" submitted April 5, 2011

Musical Background: Active
Music Style: Rock, Hard Rock, Alt
Sound: This pickup will make your Stratocaster sound like a Les Paul. Feature: Very well made, should last forever. Ease of Use: Sound is amazing. I like the sound of this pickup playing clean or dirty. Quality: Very well made, should last forever. Value: I would pay twice this price for such a nice upgrade. Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: Looks great too! Overall: THis pickup should last me forever. I would replace it in an instant if stolen. Have to get one to replace my neck pickup now!

"this the best i stand by it 100%" submitted April 3, 2011

Music Style: Rock, "Alternative
Sound: this is the best hum buckler i have i wouldn't have bought anything else if i would have found this one first the sound is insane!!!

"Worth every penny and more." submitted December 30, 2010

Overall
Sound: This thing is really just great. I wired it into a MIM strat and made the sound of the guitar 5 times better. I play through a marshall JCM TSL half stack and this pickup just shines right through it. It's sooooo warm and there is no buzz to speak of. Harmonics are great, and the things got so much more crunch than my stock fender pickups. It's got all the crunch and sustain that you'd ever want and is versatile beyond belief. Everything from metal to smooth blues sounds great with this thing. Feature: The only feature was really the way the wires were set up and color coded, it made it that much easier to install especially seeing as I haven't done any wiring in quite some time. Ease of Use: It takes some level adjustment to find the sweet spot, but you get that from any pickup. I wired this in in the bridge with a SC in the middle position, so when I use them both together it's like I'm playing a different guitar. This thing will sound however you want it to. Quality: Only the best. Value: I paid about 90 bucks for this thing at my local music shop and it was worth every penny. For what it did to my strat I'd be willing to pay over100. Manufacturer Support: Haven't used it. The Wow Factor: I mean, it's a pickup. It's not exactly sexy. I have this in the tail, a MIM stock in the mid, and a JB Jr in the neck. The three of them together make it look like I got my stat from the junk yard because they don't match, but who the hell cares? It sounds great. Overall: I'll be using this for as long as I have my strat, no doubt.

"Great tone with screaming harmonics" submitted December 4, 2008

Musical Background: gigger
Music Style: rock, classic rock, old school metal
Sound: This thing gives you a thick punchy sound that will blow your mind. Before I bought it I had an argument between this and a dimarzio track 2 pickup but I bought this one, Really happy too. Ease of Use: You can get some really nice harmonics out of this. Quality: It will last forever. There was a previous post on a different website that this pickup was getting caught with thier strings. So I read and found out he put it in the neck position, Bad Idea, This is a bridge pickup. You can probably find a way to put it in the neck position but it will sound like crap. put it in the bridge! Value: Great value, technically it's a humbucker, so ill pay anything to get a humbucker in my strat without digging into it. Overall: Great pickup for all styles. if your thinking about it just buy it.

"buy this if you are tryin harmonics, you get them anywhere anytime without even pinching it." submitted December 29, 2006

Overall
Sound: it really is great, especially if you dig harmonics. Feature: well it is just the pickup and some schematics Ease of Use: easily easily goes right into to strat, and easy to install.flip it to the bridge and it is truly insane you can get every harmonic you'd possibly want, i mean i jus bought my baby, a les paul and got EMG 81's and 85's in it cause i'm a wylde fan, but i gan't get nearly the same pinches as i could ever get on the LP. Quality: as long as you install it properly, you shouldn't ever have a problem Value: i'd buy it again, as many times as it was stolen Manufacturer Support: ii've had this pickup in my strat for well over a year and it has never acted up at all. EVER The Wow Factor: it effin rocks, cause i loooovve the artifical harmonic and i had no idea what i was buyin at the time but i sure got lucky, cause Overall: for quite a whil till the guitar breaks, haha

"BUY BUY BUY IT" submitted March 26, 2006

Overall
Sound: Great, adds a nice crunch to my strat. On Distortion, playing metal sounds so much better. Feature: Just the pickup, which is amazing Ease of Use: Very easy to use, just flip the switch to the bridge and BANG you've got a amazing sound. Quality: I've had it for months and still sounds AMAZING. Value: You are getting a bargain. Manufacturer Support: I've havent needed any yet because thats how good it is. The Wow Factor: I love metal, and I own a Strat, this helps me achieve the sound I want. Overall: AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZM-WYR2. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976