When you call, mention priority code 12WV-G9PF

Rating and Reviews: Duncan Pearly Gates

Designed to replicate the raw tone of the '59 Les Paul humbuckers, this pickup delivers great sustain and bright harmonics.

"Pearly Gates neck pickup" submitted June 10, 2008

Music Style: Rock, Jazz, Fusion
Sound: I'm playing an LP Standard (wired for master volume and master tone). Mentioned because this wiring changes the tone a bit... from the stock 2 volume 2 tone config (for the better imo :) With the 1 vol 1 tone config, I was delighted to find the PG1 neck produces a 'telecaster-like' tone in 3-way middle position. And a very full-sounding tone in the neck position... it has a certain 'sparkle' that I couldn't get from either the SD '59 or Alnico2Pro neck pickups. Also... I have tried every Dimarzio neck pickup under the sun (evolution, breed, air norton & PAF Pro) and none of those had this 'tele-like' characteristic. if you're a tele fan you might appreciate this pickup :). Just to add... I have an Dimarzio Evolution bridge in my LP and these sound GREAT together! Quality: I have the 4-conductor and it seems very well crafted. The Wow Factor: If mine disappearred I'd buy another one :) Overall: A very well-rounded pickup (in my LP with it's master volume and tone config). I get awesome clean & overdriven tones out of this pickup. Sounds great............. through both my Boogie DC5 and Marshall VM :)!!!

"Tone on the Range!" submitted April 25, 2006

Musical Background: Musician
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock & Country
Sound: I have had this pickup in a Fender Lonestar Strat and now in my Gibson Les Paul. I replaced it in the Strat with a Tone Zone because I wanted a litlle more bottom end. But I really like it in the bridge postion of my Paul. Feature: Medium output,Alnico II, Humbucker, 4 wire hook up and adjustable poles. It is also available in many colors or with chrome or gold covers. Mine is Black. Ease of Use: It's a pickup! Quality: I can not detect any flaws. Value: A little higher priced than some of their other pickups. I guess Billy Gibbons has to get his share. But then again there is only vauge referances to him and his guitar a.k.a. Pearly Gates in the promo. so maybe not. Manufacturer Support: Never had to deal with them but have not heard anything negitive either. I believe S.D. to be a good company. The Wow Factor: Great sound in a Paul very versital good for many styles. Great all round pickup! Overall: This is the soundI want for my Les Paul if something were to happen to it I would replace it with the same pickup.

"Beef up your P.R.S. pearlygates rock" submitted March 20, 2009

By a customer from bellsouth.net
Overall
Musical Background: Active Musician for 40 years!
Music Style: Alternative Jazz Rock& Blues
Sound: I replaced the pickups in my P.R.S. S.C.250 with a set of Pearly Gates.The tone I get from them is well worth the money,and the output is about twice the amount I was getting from the factory pickups.Now I can really nail that Santana tone,and the notes just sustain as long as I need them to.Great addition to my P.R.S.I'm thinking about putting a set in my two Mcarty Hollow bodies. Feature: Great choice. Ease of Use: The only amps I play are Fender tube amps that have been retubed with Ruby Tubes,and a Mesa Boogie.They are a perfect match.

"Awesome!" submitted March 8, 2013

By Joey Pearce in Bartlesville, OK
Musical Background: Playing by myself for 2 years
Music Style: Metal, Blues Rock, Hard Alternative
Sound: Deep south. Would be good for blues or metal obviously. Feature: Great just all SD pickups Ease of Use: Its a pickup. It comes with a wiring diagram. Quality: Great! Value: So worth it!!!! Manufacturer Support: Not needed The Wow Factor: Just amazing all around sound Overall: Replaced the bridge pickup in an old Roadstar II. Awesome low end and sounds great clean. I would suggest using it for metal though \m/ ^.^ \m/

"Lean mean tonal machine." submitted March 28, 2011

Musical Background: Hobbyist/Active
Music Style: World
Sound: I put these pickups into a reissue korina V from epiphone. It makes this baby sing. They bring out the natural tone and sustain that you may not quite hear with the standard pickups. It is now my main axe, and I still need to upgrade the potameters (sorry for misspell) for tonal issues when turning down the volume, but the pick ups are solid. Feature: n/a Ease of Use: I had someone install it for me, so pretty easy Quality: like I said before, solid pickups. If you get these, you will not be disappointed. Value: The price on these bad boys are more than fair, in my opinion. I didn't put as a replacement for a high end guitar, I used them to build up my mid range quality guitar, for this purpose they are a steal. Manufacturer Support: I've used epiphone support before, and they are great. Overall: Great, not perfect, but a solid pickup, very happy with purchase

"Highly recomended pick-ups." submitted January 6, 2012

Overall
Sound: Perfect for Hard-Rock and Heavy sounds. Also clean sounds you can play blues with incredible sound. Feature: I have and old set of PGN and PGB in a 1981 Custom Black Beauty and works perfectly. With a ebony fingerboard the attack increase harmonics... Its delicious. Ease of Use: You can sound good. I like people like Warren Haynes, John Sykes... and others. You can sound really great using these pick-ups. Quality: Never have a problem. Value: Normal. Manufacturer Support: Never have a problem. The Wow Factor: Impossible to concibe modern music without it. Overall: I bought something else.

When you call, mention priority code 12WV-G9PF. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976