When you call, mention priority code 164P-BP01

Rating and Reviews: Seymour Duncan Invader

Combining ceramic magnets and hot coils, this pickup delivers a bright, powerful tone. It also cancels out hums and unwanted noise.

"Invader's Superb Tones!" submitted March 4, 2006

Musical Background: Guitarist
Music Style: Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal, Jazz, Fusion
Sound: I just replace my BC Rich's BSDM pickups (from my Bich Archtop) today with an Invader on the bridge and a duncan distortion on the neck...and i was totally blown away. The Invader drive my amp like crazy, the sustain is infinity! Its the best metal pickup ever! Seymour duncan is one best pickup company ever... Feature: perfect! Ease of Use: so far so good, no probs at all... looks aggressive, strong... Quality: Seymour duncan makes the best pickups out there Value: worth the money! Manufacturer Support: they are nice, I've emailed them asking many things...thye respond really fast! The Wow Factor: Yeah! I want it, now i have it! Overall: This pickup is the best for metal... esp if u like those kind of middy distortion... all notes are clear and really stand out... get this one if u want something naturally aggressive tones, better than emgs...really

"This pickup invades" submitted April 30, 2012

By Shaun D in Chicago, IL
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar for 12 years. I play in a band
Music Style: Metal
Overall: I installed this pickup in my new schecter C-1 SLS passive guitar and it sounds awesome. I was looking for a pickup with more output without going to active. Its got a good amount of low end and also a decent amount of mids so you can get a thick, yet crunchy and defined tone from it. I play through my pod hd on the engl fireball patch at it sounds brutal. It's probably not as versatile as the JB or the duncan distortion, but if you play hard rock or metal you defiantly want to check this bad boy out. The cleans aren't that great, but if you roll the volume back its useable (I use my neck pickup, the seymour duncan jazz, for cleans anyways so its not a big deal) All in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

"AMAZING HUMBUCKER" submitted February 12, 2012

By Joshua D in Meridian, NY
Musical Background: hobby
Music Style: Classic rock,metal,thrash,punk,death metal,palm muting,power chords
Overall: My girlfriend bought this.for me...yeah I know lucky guy right! Anyways I put this inbthe bridge and it is just amazing! The sound is so unique and bright but at the sametime so raw and dirty...its really awesome! IF YOU WANT TO SOUND LIKE A METAL GOD....SPEND $80 AND ORDER THIS NOW.

"Wow! I don't have an original Les paul but who needs one with this pickup" submitted January 5, 2006

Overall
Sound: The sound is awesome, you can hear the whole range of sounds really defined. Value: It can turn an average guitar into a Gibson slayer. The Wow Factor: I got the bridge,I'm getting the neck position next Overall: Get it, If you don't you'll be sorry.

"dirty pickup" submitted February 17, 2005

Overall
Sound: i love this thing. i know that tom delonge used it, so i decided to try it out, and it has brought me nothing but pleasure. I threw in some no name guitar, and now it is one hell of a machine. Its nice and deep sounding, and has lots of crunch and force. Feature: it doesnt have to best tone but it does get the job done if you want to rock out Quality: it is my guitar for my dirty work. i dont use it to play clean stuff with though. i use my start for that. but it takes care of the dirty work better than anyone. Value: whats not to like about this pickup. its one of the best on the market in my opinion and i have played a few guitars, and this is one of the dirtiest ones ever. Manufacturer Support: havent had any problems, so yea the support has been great The Wow Factor: ive wanted this ever since i saw. seeing those huge coils on top made me go to my happy place. knowing how dirty i could get with this pick up. that is sexual too Overall: best ever. i love it and im tired of writing this review, just buy the pick up its worth every penny. if not buy, the gibson dirty fingers pickup. that is real nasty as well, but it cost a little more. but worth everything

"mind blowing power and perfect doom tone." submitted December 15, 2008

Overall
Musical Background: active musician recording engineer
Music Style: Downtempo, hardcore, doom, trash
Sound: The sounds is intense. its so deep and so booming. I play a downtempo doomy style punk and this is perfect for the drone partsbut its still sharp enough that the thrashed out parts dont mud together. I've had it in a few guitars now, and the only advice i have is the heavier the guitar the better the sound will be. Feature: it comes with the basic hardware for mounting which is good because its a little more heavey duty that the normal mounting hardware. And you can order plaes for it from duncan so it could be any color you wanted, thats a neat feature. Ease of Use: I am a tone junky everything is natural i string amp heads together for my tone. so i dont know how easy it is for everyone else to dial in the corrrect tone. i sat for a solid hour just tinkering between amps to hit it just right. Quality: The invader is solid as can be. it feels like a brick. looks incredible and is probably going to last me a life time. i've actually killed 3 guitars since i bought it. so its holing up pretty well. Value: Its so worth the value. Manufacturer Support: i havent needed to consult them on anything yet The Wow Factor: it looks mean and it give my guitars he perfect tone. Overall: i dont see myself replacing it any time soon. I'm actually probably going to buy another one for my second guitar.

"SH-8 Invader Madness" submitted February 28, 2009

Music Style: Melodic Death/Power Metal
Sound: This thing is so heavy as far as tone, but the high notes ring with clarity. I also hear people complaining that it doesn't have good clean tones...well, you either have to switch to the middle position, or just turn down your volume knob a little. Even if it's distorted, if the volume is like at 1 on your guitar, it'll still be pretty clear Feature: the black oxide caps apparently give it loads of power, plus they just make the thing look sexy as hell Ease of Use: So clear yet so crunchy... this thing will make your sound absolutely mind-boggling Value: for the power it gives you, this thing is relatively cheap Manufacturer Support: never dealt with them over these pickups, but i also have blackouts, and when i had a problem with those, i called them and they resolved the problem in under ten minutes (most of that time was waiting) Overall: I originally bought these things so my sound would better reflect Synyster Gates of A7X. Well, afther DOING THAT, this thing has still held up as great for stuff like Firewind, Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom... Basically is metal is your thing, these beasts will NOT let you down

"Make your fingers SCREAM with an Invader!!!!" submitted August 19, 2007

Musical Background: Hobbyist, 40 years of being in bands
Music Style: Classic Hair Metal
Sound: I love the sound the bridge pickup gives me, I put an Invader on 7 of my Gibsons. Blows original pick ups away. Not shabby guitars either, Les Paul custom, Custom shop Explorer, Limited V, Firebird, M3, SG Supreme, SG standard. I play heavy Classic rock, sustain for days, Tones of Neal Schon and Gary Moore, nuff said! Value: Worth the price and then some, should come stock on ALL gibsons! Overall: Only Pick up worth putting on, it screams!

"mean sounding pickup" submitted February 11, 2005

Overall
Sound: i have this in the bridge position of my strat. this sounds really good for any of my distortion needs, especially metal. nice for playing leads and doing harmonics. it doesn't sound bad on clean either. it can sound mean or modest, depending on what you are trying to play. Feature: it's a pickup.. Quality: hmm.. just keep the magnets away and don't smash on it with a hammer or something.. should be okay :P Value: $70 bux. to sound this good i will pay that price anytime.. Manufacturer Support: never dealt with them The Wow Factor: this is a mean sounding pickup. Overall: it's not a bad pickup at all. it's dark and it's agressive.

"Seymour Invasion!!" submitted January 1, 2008

Musical Background: Semi profesional musician
Music Style: Hardcore, Punk, Metal, Reggea, Rock, Blues
Sound: Big fat bassy sounding..good sustain too. Used in my EpiphoneSG in the bridge, he kick the neck p/u away!!Now im lookin for a little less power p/u for neck Lawrence L500 perhaps or even dimebucker?.Somehow, its get messy when i played with boss ml2 and Mg100 and Jazz Chorus. Cant really hear the note, loosing clarity over power? Feature: I tot its alnico at 1st, whu care, sound great. I dont know if its me or what, a fren put invader in his Basswood tele like Yamaha, compared to my setup, its kinda flat. Wonder if it doesnt fits the basswood? By the way, the invader clean sound, its sparkle and great..the best clean sound ever! Ease of Use: its a pickup..the wiring diagram, im a electronic man, no prob at all..useful Quality: As long as its hidden beneath the string, i guess they'll survive long enuf Value: EXPENSIVE just like all Seymour Duncan, Dimarzios and EMGs..but worth the money, still wondering how does mighty mite motherbucker sound, use to be my 1st choice when it come to price. Manufacturer Support: never try The Wow Factor: The look itself make me bought one.Tempting!!Very good upgrade for my epiphone Overall: Just get if u played punks,metals,hardcore...its a MUST

"Powerful tone. Will rock your world !" submitted November 22, 2007

Musical Background: Ameture guitarist
Music Style: Rock, Alternative, Punk, Pop/Punk, Ska, Indie.
Sound: AMAZING ! I have one of these that came stock in my Tom Delonge Stratocaster. It sounds good playing pretty much any song whether clean or distorted. Sounds great for playing Blink-182 or similar bands. Just make sure you put good strings, Ernie ball would be the best. Feature: Looks great, Sounds great, And for only 75 dollars, WHY NOT have one ? Ease of Use: Just plug in and jam out, It couldn't be easier. Quality: Well my TD strat was made in 2001. It still sounds like it did the day I bought it. Still looks top notch, no rust, no scratches. It will last forever it seems. Value: ONLY $75, I'm surprised it doesn't cost more.

"Great metal pickup..........." submitted March 17, 2004

Overall
Sound: This pickup is loud and bass heavy.great for nu-metal,deathmetal tones.It has a great lead guitar sound because it has too much bass and mids. it crunches like no other pickup. Feature: its a high output humbucker. Quality: its great Manufacturer Support: n/a The Wow Factor: its worth it. Overall: Only probs with it is it wont sustain long.too much power.

"do they come in a set of 2?" submitted December 12, 2004

Overall
Musical Background: playin for one year and still suck
Music Style: metal=black, death, speed, blade, heavy, etc. hard rock, stuff like pink floyd also
Sound: Ive never heard it but it sounds good. Feature: im looking for that certain black/death/heavy metal tone Quality: Looks good Value: i dunno if i can spend 80 bucks on pickups Manufacturer Support: does anyone know if these come in a set of 2?? The Wow Factor: nice and black. white colored pickups dont look that great. Overall: hoping to get new guitar for christmas or somethin. they got bdsm pickups, hoping these better. again, do they come in a set of 2?

When you call, mention priority code 164P-BP01. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976