When you call, mention priority code 205-QCXJ

Rating and Reviews: Seymour Duncan '59

Constructed with enameled wire, nickel-plated studs, and balanced coil windings, this vintage-style pickup sounds just as smooth as a '59 humbucker.

Overall

"If your reading my heading, please continue reading the remainder because I know what you are looking for." submitted January 12, 2007

Music Style: Classic rock
Sound: IF you are looking for a replica sound of the other more expensive name brand '59 humbucker that starts with a G, then you will be delighted just as I was. I needed to replace the bridge pickup in my Les Paul because the '59 in my other Les Paul sounded sooooo good. I would describe the pickup to be 'squawky,' when digging hard into the strings, but with the volume on the guitar backed down, it presents a warm and balanced tone as well. Feature: Features? well... I do like the fact that it is a two conductor pickup - so it was a breeze to install. Ease of Use: I think this pickup would bring even the darker sounding woods to life because of its slightly scooped mids and has just enough treble Quality: Im pretty confident the pickup will be great quality, I've had many people recommend these to me. Value: Yep. It was great not to pay tax or shipping on this particular product. Overall: If this pickup were to go foul I would probably just try the sh-4 instead of the sh-1, just for kicks.
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Seymour found the sound AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!" submitted August 4, 2006

By a customer from henry-net.com
Musical Background: old fingers 40 years of Rock & Roll and still Rock'in
Music Style: Rock-on love it all!!!!!!!
Sound: Great classic smooth sustaining sound!!! Anyone who says different is deaf!!!!!!!!!! Feature: stick with the classic braided steel single wire!!! Ease of Use: Use the included wiring diagram from seymour!!!! Quality: Perfect! Value: Buy the calibrated neck and bridge set ( 124.95) Great deal. Manufacturer Support: Not needed The Wow Factor: Great addition to any guitar.Made my Les Paul sound very classic!!!! Overall: All my guitars will be having elective surgery in the near future.

""Best Replacement or Upgrade Pickup Set"" submitted July 1, 2016

By David Makowski in Plymouth Meeting, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 1979.
Music Style: 1970's hard rock & heavy metal.
Overall: I purchased and installed the Seymour Duncan "Vintage Blues Set" which is a '59 humbucker in the bridge and a '59 humbucker in the neck. I know a lot of guitarists prefer a SD JB humbucker in the bridge for a hotter sound, but I must say Ronnie Montrose swore by this matched set. All of his guitars had SD '59's in them. Mine are in a 2011 Gibson USA SG Standard. I didn't care for the "Zebra" Burstbucker #2 & #3 with Alnico II magnets. The '59's use an Alnico V magnet which I think has a much fuller tone. Anyway, I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a matched set of replacement humbuckers to go with the SD "59's. They are really really good and sell at a fair price.

"Awesome humbucker!" submitted January 30, 2014

By Mike Croson in Fairfax, VA
Musical Background: Amateur / Hobbyist
Music Style: Blues, Classic Rock
Overall: Good crunchy bluesy sound. Everything you expect from a Duncan product. Worth every dime!

"Heartbreaking to install, but awesome sound." submitted March 3, 2011

Music Style: Funk, Rock, Jazz, Blues
Sound: Put these on my Epiphone Les Paul and they gave the guitar a much "bigger" sound; much more than I expected. I usually use this guitar for playing blues and rock, especially for rhythm. But now, I can also use it for Jazz. They made the guitar a bit more versatile. Ease of Use: Because the pickups are "vintage", they require soldering to the guitar pots, but there is only 1 wire coming out of the pickup. It's more than a bit tricky soldering the wire covering to the pots, which kept breaking loose after the solder cooled, which caused me great fits. But once I got them attached (only after 10 or 11 attempts at it) they sounded great. Manufacturer Support: Had to call Seymour Duncan directly, as the "guitar tech" at Zzounds had no idea about installing pickups. But they were extremely knowledgable and helpful. The Wow Factor: The gold tone pickups look awesome with my gold-top Les Paul. Overall: Hopefully I won't have to replace them because they are just too hard to install. If they do go bad, I'll replace them with modern pickups that are more friendly to install.

"An O.K. pickup, which you'll replace one day." submitted July 16, 2004

Overall
Sound: It is an alright sounding pickup, but I have a '57 Les Paul Custom and it has the original PAF's and the Seymour Duncan model is similar, but not nearly as rich sounding. I replaced mine with a set of "Crossroads" from WCR Pickups and they nail "that sound" and then some. Truly a first class product. I guarantee if you by a set you'll never even think about replacing them, unles of course they are stolen. Value: Alright value, when you grow up you'll replace it. Overall: It's just O.K. in my book.

When you call, mention priority code 205-QCXJ. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976