When you call, mention priority code 1761-B6KR

Rating and Reviews: Seymour Duncan AHB-1

The Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts can add serious power to your tone. With high-output active circuitry, the Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts rock.

"Blackouts Bulldoze the Competition!" submitted January 22, 2009

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: Active Musician, Personal Recording Producer/Engineer
Music Style: Hard Rock/Metal/Alt
Sound: Amazing! Everything I ever wished the EMG 81 is in the blackout, no sterile/harsh highs, super tight responses all around. You really just have to play it to see!!! Feature: The set came with everthing, 4 control pots, mounting screws, quick connect cables, input jack, battery snap, all HEAVY duty components that I was confident would last a LONG time! Ease of Use: Not any harder to install or setup than any other pickup. Quality: Seymour Duncan USA, 10, 10, 10, 10!!! Value: Less expensive than EMGs and a million times better! I'm happy with the price for the set! Manufacturer Support: Never had a need to contact support on any of their products, so that's an automatic 10 since they are made THAT well! The Wow Factor: Nothing beats that flat black pickup cover! Overall: The AHB-1 set is the tone I have been looking for for years!!! I have found MY pickups!!!

Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Customer Review submitted June 18, 2009

Musical Background: Proffesional
Music Style: Fusion/Shred/Metal
Sound: They are just amazing if you are a fan of active pickups ditch the old wardog EMGs and grabs these hot rods. Amazing tone with gain but even more impressive I've played Pat Metheny through these and it sounded amazing just a great clean tone as well. Very powerful and expressive I play A range of things for Joe Pass to Guthrie Govan to Dimebag and it all sounds good with these Seymour Duncan has done it again they now are on top of the active market. Didn't write anything anywhere else cause simply put these are the best look no further
15 of 16 people (93.75%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Like Buttah!!" submitted March 3, 2011

Music Style: Funk, Rock, Jazz
Sound: I used these pickups to replace the cheap stock pickups that came with my Yamaha Pacifica Telecaster knockoff guitar which I bought new for around $250. Even though the guitar was cheap, it had great playability, just a crappy sound. Now, the guitar sounds exactly how I always wanted it to. The clean tones I use for funk rhythm playing are clearer, and when I add a little distortion to the neck pickup, it has just the right amount of bite. The pickups have incredible sustain with full distortion, and with less hum than with my more expensive guitars. Feature: No. Value: It made a $250 guitar sound more like I spent $2500 on it. The Wow Factor: The "blackout" look is awesome. I don't particularly like the look of pickups without covers, which is what the guitar came with. The pickups look as smooth as they sound. Overall: Until I wear it out.

"This is a fair review" submitted October 23, 2012

By Ryan C in Cleveland, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Playing guitar for 23 years. I've been and active musician on and off for 18 years.
Music Style: Rock, blues, metal, punk, hardcore
Overall: I really like the ABH1 set. I purchased them expecting to be hot rodded EMG's. That's kind of what a lot of reviews were saying, and that's what I expected. However I was pleasantly surprised that this is not the case. And let me add that I love the EMG 81, 85 set. I just wanted to try the Duncan's in a guitar that lacked a little low end. What I found is that they still have active pickup qualities, but have a not more openness to them than EMG's. I hate to keep referring back to EMG because I think it is, unfair that EMG gets put up to everything else and is expected to sound or perform the same as every other pickup on the market. It's a different animal and should be treated as such. The only similarities to an EMG the Blackouts share is the black plastic the coils are encased in. The tone dark in the mids and has a nice crunch up top. The low end is huge and almost uncontrollable. Very quiet as advertised. The drawbacks are the output. You lose a little articulation because of the gain that the pickups dish out, especially in your chords. This cannot be dialed out with your amps tone controls. The I lower my pickup slightly to make up for the bassyness and it seems to be okay. All in all its a very high quality pickup. It's not for everybody. It's great for metal and rock and if its high gain your after, then go for it. I like the wiring that came with the kit better than the EMG style wiring harness. It's little easier to deal with.

"awesome !" submitted March 7, 2014

By a customer from stellarwinds.org
Overall
Overall: great pickups for the metalhead like myself.

"Overall: This pickup is perfect for high gain application. No hum and no feedback problems. Pickup on clean channel is good" submitted December 13, 2010

By a customer from sbcglobal.net
Overall
Sound: I installed this replacing the passive EMG HZ pickups from my shecter guitar. Instant advantage without tweaking the eq on my mesa boogie amp. The highs are not too piercing. Feature: Everything was included. Ease of Use: Installing this was a breeze. The instruction was easy to follow. Quality: I would like to see a cream or white color. Value: Cheaper than EMG Active pickups. For sure this will be my future active pickups. Manufacturer Support: I don't think I'll be using the support. I haven't before. The Wow Factor: very similar cosmetics with EMG. Overall: Unless EMG or any other brand name pickups out there will come out with more aggressive and not to sterile guitar pickups with lower price then I will consider buying those. But this one is on top of my list.

"The best metal pickups" submitted May 4, 2009

Music Style: Death Metal
Sound: Let me tell you, ths thing is amazing, i can get slipknot sounds out of this. This is the same pickups that Mick Thompson Uses, from Slipknot. Feature: It included everything to install Ease of Use: It was really easy to use but it would be great if it didnt use batteries Quality: This thing is flawless, it lasted through all the abuse i put it through. Overall: I am satisfied with this product, if you want to sound like Slipknot, here are the pickups!

When you call, mention priority code 1761-B6KR. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976