When you call, mention priority code 205-5NQS

Rating and Reviews: Seagull Entourage Guitar

With a cedar top and wild cherry back and sides, this Seagull dreadnought provides amazing tonal depth at a great price.

"AMAZING ACOUSTIC GUITAR!" submitted August 31, 2012

By EJ R in New York, NY
Overall
Musical Background: playing for a year, mostly classical nylon guitars, some flamenco. I have a cordoba, yamaha, fender, kremona, antonio hermosa
Music Style: Classical guitar, flamenco
Overall: Wow - this guitar is so beautiful, both as far as aesthetics go and equally as well as it's sound is concerned.First off, quality wise it's AMAZING. It comes well-packed and secure (assuming you buy it brand new and it's been unopened since it was shipped out by the manufacturers). That was the first thing I noticed when I opened it. Second, they include a quality control/assurance tag that is signed off by all the people who have tested the various parts of the guitar to make sure that it meets high standards, some parts are inspected and signed off by 2 people. That was impressive. And this guitar is impressive.It looks beautiful. The sunburst finish is gorgeous. The finish overall is beautiful, no defects, no imperfections at all. The minute you hold it in your hands you know that you are holding an incredible instrument. Everything was perfect, no imperfections with the finish or glue, no imperfections in any of the wood, the frets were all inserted straight and perfect, the neck is smooth all over, nothing jutting out, nothing splitery, The tuners are gorgeous. The rosette is thin and understated but still gorgeous.It feels amazing. It's not too heavy feeling even though it is a dreadnought. It has a nice big body for a loud sound. The neck is smaller (thinner I mean, not shorter) and curved (C-shaped) and the fretboard is narrower which was one of the main reasons I chose this (it's modeled after the Seagull S6 Original Slim version). The strings that it came with are pretty good.When you tune it up, the tuners are very precise and responsive - just a fraction of a turn gets it to the precise tuning. Some crap tuners you keep turning and turning repeatedly and they are loose and don't get the tuning as precise as you want. Not a concern on this instrument. Very precise turning. I've only had it for a few days so I can't speak to how often you have to tune it and how well it stays tuned but it seems very precise to me and I would assume based on how awesome and precise everything else is that it will stay tuned.Lastly the sound. Oh my. This thing is LOUD! Of course it is, it's a dreadnought so the big body is going to produce a very big sound. And of course the CEDAR top is AMAZING. I'm a classical guitar player so most of my guitars are nylon-string cedar tops and I absolutely love the cedar top on this. Cedar is used on classical guitars because it imparts a warmer tone and cedar is a wood that resonates and sustains the notes. It's light but vibrates a lot. It doesn't dampen or hold down/in the notes. Which is what is so highly sought after in classical guitars. So if you do a lot of fingerpicking, this would be perfect for you, it will really ring out each individual note and it will make you sound amazing. Even if you don't really fingerpick and you're just playing chords, this is going to sound loud and really project. The big body is also light and not too heavy so you can be sure that it's going to sound great.I'm very pleasantly surprised with this purchase. It's a truly great instrument. And although it costs a couple hundred more than a beginner level acoustic guitar but boy, if you start off playing with this guitar, you may never be able to play anything else again. I can see myself playing this and enjoying it for many years to come. And I'm sure that since it is such a high quality instrument, it will last me for many years to come. I'm stunned that for something this good, they were able to keep it at a reasonable price point. If you can save up the extra few bucks or buy this in installments or throw it on a credit card - I really really recommend that you purchase this - don't mess around with inferior guitars that won't sound or feel as good - as a frame of reference I was looking at an entry level Jasmine (Takamine) or Fender Starcaster because I didn't want to spend too much. And those got decent reviews online for a "starter" or "beginner" guitar but they always have the same caveat (decent guitar for their price point). But this guitar really is a bargain for how much it is. Seriously, don't bother with the other guitars that may be less than $200 bucks. Invest a hundred or two more for this one. Trust me. I am always looking to save money here or there or put off buying something really good if I can 'get by' with something else less expensive. But in this case I would say don't do that. It will really impact your learning/playing experience.This guitar seems very forgiving and will probably embellish how good you really are - it will make you sound like a much much better player.
23 of 24 people (95.83%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Seagull Entourage Rustic Acoustic Guitar" submitted January 12, 2014

By Chelsea S in North Judson, IN
Musical Background: Second guitar
Music Style: Country, rock, pop.
Overall: This was bought for my son and he loves it! This is his second guitar and the sound quality is amazing! A very well sounding guitar for the price! We would definately recommend this guitar for anyone, whether you are a beginner or an experienced player.

"They are Correct!" submitted April 12, 2014

By Jeff Taylor in Sanford, FL
Musical Background: been playing for 10 years..mostly for my own pleasure
Music Style: mostly play rock, country and some blues
Overall: I read all the reviews and talked to the staff at ZZounds..All had good things to say about this acoustic..I agree 100%..quality, sound, and looks amazing.. Highly recommend!

"Easiest to Play Great Sounding Guitar!" submitted August 28, 2012

By Rob E in Camano Island, WA
Musical Background: Play acoustic, electric and bass guitars
Music Style: country, rock
Overall: This guitar was setup perfectly out of the box. One of the easiest guitars I have ever played and has a great unique sound. I can't keep my hands off of it!

"Great instrument, better price." submitted March 25, 2012

By Seth C in Lewiston, ME
Musical Background: I'm a complete guitar newbie
Music Style: I really like Jack Johnson and Ray Lamontagne style stuff and hope to be able to play that someday.
Overall: This is my first guitar, so I don't really have a basis for comparison, or any ability to play the thing (currently), but as far as I can tell it's a fantastic instrument to get started on. It looks well made, not overly glossy, andmine came with a pickguard which isn't in the pictures here on zzounds, but to be honest I rather like the look with the pickguard more than the pictures of it without it. I bought this after reading numerous reviews of what people thought to be the best starter guitars, and without fail, review after review recommended the Seagull line so that's what I went with. I can't comment as to how it sounds in a full song as I can only currently do a couple of chords, but they sound fantastic. Hopefully someday I can do this thing some justice.

When you call, mention priority code 205-5NQS. Llame Gratis en Español: 800-460-7976